Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2043022 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2022
samir101ng:

Where is the TUV Rheinland certification on the sticker for this "Made in Germany" panel ?
designed in Germany, but made in China cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2022
Sapiosexuality:
Guys, what do you think of this solar panel from Gennex technologies?

655w panels are too big. You will spend a lot in transporting it to your location (also considering the attendant increased risk of damage in transit), the installer will charge you much because it will be harder lifting it up the roof, and the roof will buckle more under its weight, increasing the risk of damage to the roof.

Dont go above 540w.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2022
odimbannamdi:

655w panels are too big. You will spend a lot in transporting it to your location (also considering the attendant increased risk of damage in transit), the installer will charge you much because it will be harder lifting it up the roof, and the roof will buckle more under its weight, increasing the risk of damage to the roof.

Dont go above 540w.
Okay. Thank you. Maybe I'd go for two 450w as earlier suggested by someone here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2022
samir101ng:

Where is the TUV Rheinland certification on the sticker for this "Made in Germany" panel ?
Yeah
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by coldcandy: 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Dont go above 540w.
Is there any advantage in using them?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2022
samir101ng:

Qcell is now owned by chinese and is a top brand panels better than canadian and Jinko so I really doubt these prices sha
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 10:28pm On Nov 09, 2022
Valto:
BRAND NEW 135AH lifepo4 lithium battery cells available. limited stock!
all types of lifepo4 lithium BMS is available.
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

Valto , do me xmas with 8 pieces now

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hayo15(m): 6:13am On Nov 10, 2022
Hello,

I have tried to scan through this thread to see if there is any response that answers my question.. But, I haven't found any yet.. It's very long thread.. Wished I had seen it before setting up some of my installations..

First setup,

- I have a 220ah Neptune tubular battery
- A 30A PWM charge controller
- I use a 6mm aluminum DC Cable
- I use two 200w panels (connected in parallel)
- I use a 2000w Souer power inverter
The setup is less than 2 months old..

The problem is;

I use this system to run
- My freezer (thermocool chest inverter freezer -115w)
- A few akt 12w bulbs
- Basic charging (laptop, phones)
- And, blender
Just basic household activities..

Recently, when I started loading freezer on this setup.. I found out that my battery runs down very fast.. Of course, I know I should increase the battery.. But, this feels a little odd.. I can't even use my freezer for up to 6hrs.. Battery rarely gets to full charge..

This is the question I need answering -
I am looking at getting
- One extra 220ah Neptune tubular battery
- Three 200w panels
- and, probably a 60A mppt CC
Is this a recommend upgrade that would work ? (Will it have a significant increase in my uptime)

Second setup..

- I have a 3.5kva 24v felicity hybrid inverter..
2 400w panels
- Two 200ah amaron quanta batteries
- I used an independent PWM charge controller (the setup engineer recommended this)

Client plans upgrading this later to add

- Two more 200ah amaron quanta batteries
- Two 400w panels

Question is,

Is this also a recommended upgrade for longer uptime?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 6:28am On Nov 10, 2022
hayo15:
Hello,

I have tried to scan through this thread to see if there is any response that answers my question.. But, I haven't found any yet.. It's very long thread.. Wished I had seen it before setting up some of my installations..

First setup,

The problem is;

I use this system to run
- A few akt 12w bulbs
- And, blender

Recently, when I started loading freezer on this setup.. I found out that my battery runs down very fast.. Of course, I know I should increase the battery.. But, this feels a little odd.. I can't even use my freezer for up to 6hrs.. Battery rarely gets to full charge..

I am looking at getting
- Three 200w panels
Is this a recommend upgrade that would work ? (Will it have a significant increase in my uptime)

Second setup..

2 400w panels
- I used an independent PWM charge controller (the setup engineer recommended this)

- Two 400w panels

Question is,

All this load on a single battery is a lot.
Panels also inadequate..
All the solution you wrote is correct increasing the battery and panels. Also changing to mppt.

Now you stated the system is 2 months old , you might get away by adding new batteries.

But if money dey, sell the battery and buy 2 new ones. And add more panels.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmo(m): 7:25am On Nov 10, 2022
hayo15:
Hello,

First setup,

The problem is;

I use this system to run
- A few akt 12w bulbs
- And, blender

I am looking at getting
- Three 200w panels

Second setup..

2 400w panels

- Two 400w panels

Question is,

For the 1st setup:
Is this on off grid setup?
If Yes, Even after you add 1 more battery, it will not serve you (bitter truth).
If No, Do you have a means of charging the system when the sun is down?
If yes, up your panels to 4 in total,
discard the old one battery and grab 2 new ones
chnage from PWM to MPPT.
Do something about your alluminium cables please. I never hear am before.

For the 2nd Setup:
the proposed upgrade is fine but change from PWM to MPPT or use the inbuilt MPPT on the Inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hayo15(m): 8:07am On Nov 10, 2022
Any guide on how to setup a LiFePo4 battery?

I will probably discard my tubular and go for LiFePo4 instead..

Please note I am completely off grid..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 8:28am On Nov 10, 2022
hayo15:
Any guide on how to setup a LiFePo4 battery?

I will probably discard my tubular and go for LiFePo4 instead..

Please note I am completely off grid..

Resources are plentiful on YouTube on how to DIY lithium batteries, @valto can provide you with real capacity cells or even put it together for you as a finished battery.

Reach out to him for enquiries. If you decide to go for finished products, options are plentiful to choose from, just state Ur options here so people can make inputs...... Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:07am On Nov 10, 2022
BRAND NEW TUBULAR BATTERY AVAILABLE!!!

Starplus 12v 220Ah - 140k
Afripower 12v 220Ah - 149k
Eastman 12v 200ah - 180k
Eastman 12v 220ah - 190k
Eastman 12v 230ah - 205k
Multipower 220ah 12v tubular - 170k
Index tubular 200ah - 185k
Index tubular 230ah - 195k
Ecogreen 200ah - 165k
Matrix 220ah - 165k

SEALED DEEP CYCLE BATTERIES AVAILABLE!!
Quanta 200ah - 225,000
Monbat 200ah - 290,000

PURE SINE WAVE INVERTERS!!
AFRIPOWER:
1kva 12v ....... 70,000
1.1kva 12v inbuilt 40a mppt ...105,000
1.7kva 24v .... 95,000
2kva 24v ....... 105,000
2.5kva 24v ... 125,000
3.2kva 24v ... 170,000
3.5kva 24v ... 220,000
5kva 48v ...... 450,000
7.5kva 96v ... 800,000
10kva 120v .. 900,000

EASTMAN:
500va 12v Sine wave ....... 57,000
500va 12v Solar hybrid ... 66,000
1200va 12v Sine wave ....88,000
1700va 24v Sine wave .....110,000
2200va 24v Sine wave......154,000
3kva 48v Sine wave ..........250,000
3kva 48v Solar hybrid........285,000
5kva 96V Sine wave.......... 465,000
10kva 180v Sine wave ......1,200,000
10kva 120v Solar hybrid ..1,300,000
15kva 240v Sine wave ......1,750,000
15kva 180v Solar hybrid...1,850,000

✔️ More Back-up
✔️ More Life
✔️ More Warranty
✔️ Made in India
Limited stock only .
DON'T WAIT FOR LAST.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:26am On Nov 10, 2022
oldienavie:
This is why I laugh when people shout Buhari. 95% of Nigerians are wicked, greedy and evil who will do anything to get money.

They dont care if the person dies, when we have thousands of companies manufacturing fake drugs and selling to people, is that not witchcraft.

These people will still take proceeds from these terrible activities and pay as tithe.

Majority times I will blame the buyer. I'm scrolling the comments now and someone has posted a cad solar panel for around 200k plus. Some greedy buyer will see someone selling that particular panel for 100k and will rush to buy it with that feeling that he's a smart buyer. We all know what happens at the end. Many people like awoof in this country.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
Valto:
designed in Germany, but made in China cheesy

Brother, i tire o. You wonder sometimes between the buyer and the seller who wicked pass grin grin Your guy said yeah cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
EPOMA:

Qcell is now owned by chinese and is a top brand panels better than canadian and Jinko so I really doubt these prices sha

The price is not even the issue (though that should ring alarm bells in your head). TUV Rheinland is an important certification label that a reputable solar panel like Q Cells should come with (its stated on their website and manual) but is conspicuously missing on the sticker. Some people will now purchase it and start wondering why they are not getting the nameplate capacity of the panel.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
@ toyeoye
In addition to this, i will recommend schneider "Mureva Floodlight" they are quite versatile and can be on but without light, can perform a lot of function. you read up more of them to get better understanding.

samnaija:

You are pushing your system to know it's weakness, that is how you will eventually have a better system.

First and foremost 48v system is more reliable than 24v system. If the system is new add extra battery to make it 48v.

Fence light and flood lights, all on why?
To avoid issues with security lights , I got the solar security light . They are even brighter and they are timed to come on , at sun down. They become dim when there is no movement around your compound, but bright once it senses movement.

Your fridge, whether it is a low energy consumption or high is a big no for 24hrs use.
Personally I will go for a deep freezer low consumption, use through out the day, on solar, switch it off by 5 or 6pm.
The chill within the freezer can carry you to next day you continue story .
I got rid of my big fridge, when I noticed issues.
In renewable energy, live like a king when the sun is up, avoid unnecessary load at night.
Also change your charge controller.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
Why not go for the PowMr sold locally and via a member here, the newer brand even has a wider voltage range.

better than sourcing abroad.

haslaw:
Good evening gurus,

I have been looking for a good MPPT Charge controller and I came across this on AliExpress with the following parameters

Is this a good MPPT Charge controller as I am thinking of buying it but I need advice from the experts in the house.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by drizzypat: 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
So guys I’m torn between buying 15kw from felicity or for local coupling.

I need an advice

Do know felicity will offer at least 2-5yrs warranty on theirs and the coupled one well I’ll have to be forcing the person to help me should incase issues arises with the battery.

Someone posted here that felicity does not offer actual power of what Dey claim to be the power

But I asked a frnd and he told me yes it’s true for his 10kw bt his 15kw offers actual value for it.

Question now is . Is he right about that and those that claim to say felicity doesn’t offer it’s actual power have any tested the 15kw own.

Want to give a good advice to my uncle with respect to what will work for him best.

Money also is a factor
The best is all he wants

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
drizzypat:
So guys I’m torn between buying 15kw from felicity or for local coupling.

I need an advice

Do know felicity will offer at least 2-5yrs warranty on theirs and the coupled one well I’ll have to be forcing the person to help me should incase issues arises with the battery.

Someone posted here that felicity does not offer actual power of what Dey claim to be the power

But I asked a frnd and he told me yes it’s true for his 10kw bt his 15kw offers actual value for it.

Question now is . Is he right about that and those that claim to say felicity doesn’t offer it’s actual power have any tested the 15kw own.

Want to give a good advice to my uncle with respect to what will work for him best.

Money also is a factor
The best is all he wants

Thanks
I prefer the diy coupled version over the Felicity brand, especially the one by @valto
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2022
EPOMA:

That's the problem. When you see funny prices just run.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2022
zeestone99:

Majority times I will blame the buyer. I'm scrolling the comments now and someone has posted a cad solar panel for around 200k plus. Some greedy buyer will see someone selling that particular panel for 100k and will rush to buy it with that feeling that he's a smart buyer. We all know what happens at the end. Many people like awoof in this country.

It's a question of the chicken and the egg. Which one came first ? If all sellers sold only original, OEM parts at current prices will the average Nigerian buyer be able to afford it ? Naturally all buyers are market conscious and will look to get the best deal possible at a lower price. Nobody including me wants to spend higher than what i can get for a product. Difference is some people are more stingy with money and willing to do the research and analysis before parting with their hard earned cold cash grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by drizzypat: 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
Penuelseun:
I prefer the diy coupled version over the Felicity brand, especially the one by @valto
really please why
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2022
drizzypat:
really please why
I like knowing what my system is made up of, the BMS is also swappable peradventure you see another BMS that tickles your fancy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
The DIY builds allow you to pick and mix and match the best components or at least you know what the weak points of your system and design are - you can choose cells of a certain grade, BMS with certain features, use busbars and connectors rated for your planned max loads, compress your cells for longevity - basically you can deliver your best knowledge and ability with a DIY pack.

With the Felicity packs, cell quality, brand and type is variable, BMS may not allow you to interface with it, capacity quite overdeclared (my experience with 10units of their 7.5kwh) and you are relying on the manufacturer for warranty cover.

I would rather build a battery pack to my own exact specs and to meet my own exacting standards.

drizzypat:
really please why

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
samir101ng:

It's a question of the chicken and the egg. Which one came first ? If all sellers sold only original, OEM parts at current prices will the average Nigerian buyer be able to afford it ? Naturally all buyers are market conscious and will look to get the best deal possible at a lower price. Nobody including me wants to spend higher than what i can get for a product. Difference is some people are more stingy with money and willing to do the research and analysis before parting with their hard earned cold cash grin grin grin

Best deal? I believe Buyers need to apply common sense when dealing. In the previous page I saw how valto was doing his analysis on price of original lifepo4 cells compared to the market price of some brands and the maths wasn't adding up. Majority Nigerians are just greedy and like awoof. You can sugarcoat it with plenty English for all I care grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hello house
The following items are Available

Sorotec 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 390k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 315k

Sunmart 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 355k

Sunmart 3.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 315k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel (includes parrallel kit) - 350k

Sorotec 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parrallel (includes parrallel kit) - 440k

Epever 60a mppt charge controller - 170k

Epever 100a mppt charge controller - 250k

Must 80a mppt solar charge controller - 140k

Must 60a mppt solar charge controller - 115k

Fangpusun 50a mppt charge controller - 80k

Fangpusun flexmax 80a mppt charge controller - 240k

Axpert 3.5kva 50amps pwm hybrid inverter - (150k out of stock )

63a breaker change over 1-0-2 (MTS) - 6.5k

Fuse holder 2pole - 6k

Fuse holder single pole - 3k

Fuses( 10a - 63a) - 2k

6 in 1 Ac display meter ( volts,watts,freq, current,pf,kWh) - 15k

Avr/current limiter 63a - 10k

Avr/current limiter 3 phase 63a - 26k

DC SPD 600v - 10k

Ac spd - 8.5k

Ac spd 3 phase - 17k

Watt meter - out of stock

Programmable timer 15a UK pkug - 10k

Programmable timer 25a - 10k

DC breaker single pole - 3k

DC breakers double pole 63a - 6.5k

DC breaker double pole 100a - 10k

Dv breaker double pole 125a - 11k

Ha02 battery balancer - 35k

30a souer smart battery charger 12v - 20k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 125a - 26k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 100a - 24k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 63a - 21k

40a mppt lumiax Bluetooth controller - 80k

60amps lumiax Bluetooth mppt controller - 150k

Quanta 200ah original - 220k

DM for other items.

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
olopan:
@ toyeoye
In addition to this, i will recommend schneider "Mureva Floodlight" they are quite versatile and can be on but without light, can perform a lot of function. you read up more of them to get better understanding.

Noted! Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2022
olopan:
@ toyeoye

How much do they cost?

Thanks for the heads-up
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
@hayo15
Is your 2000w souer msw or psw?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hayo15(m): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2022
dollarnaira:
@hayo15
Is your 2000w souer msw or psw?

It's modified sine wave..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Whytehandy, AllyPolly, Mud3x(m), saxwizard(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.