Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2039572 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) ... (1676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tsuccesssquare: 10:31am On Nov 27, 2022
Someone mentioned there are Qasa standing fan of just 5watts selling for 33k each. Please are they durable?

Would also appreciate any recommended solar flood light products.

Thank you.

Juror:
Let me mention that the Qasa AC/DC standing fan consumes less too, of course it works only via the DC supply but the AC/DC wall fan consumes a lot when you power it via the AC port.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Prince3(m): 11:02am On Nov 27, 2022
stanvesco:

How can we meet online and discuss.
We can join heads oh
To me, a WhatsApp group is better for easier communication. Whatsapp group can take 500 users.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2022
Valto:
your inverter is very much likely a glorified modified sine wave, labeled as pure sine wave.

Nawa for all this alaba boiz sha.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2022
Nillion:

You are not totally right bro.
Even the power from the national grid is obtained from a generator!

A power bank with true usb power delivery or quick charge 3.0 or the typical 5v 2A will perform equally well as it's 220v counterparts!

Compare a good power bank charging system with an equivalent 220v counterpart as you would compare a good pure sine inverter with output with the national grid... I'll feel more relaxed (safe) with my appliances running on the inverter tho grin

Your opinion
My opinion too.
Generator vs Nepa charging ... Compare this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 11:59am On Nov 27, 2022
Prince3:

To me, a WhatsApp group is better for easier communication. Whatsapp group can take 500 users.
If this group have existed on WhatsApp since its inception, most people including yourself would not have been able to access the wealth of information available to you on this platform today.

16 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Prince3(m): 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2022
Penuelseun:
If this group have existed on WhatsApp since its inception, most people including yourself would not have been able to access the wealth of information available to you on this platform today.
That's not true sir. I have been on many groups that I benefited from that still have WhatsApp group. For example Uber and taxify group. Dog breeders. And many others I don't know of
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fhranchez(m): 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2022
I think the kiekie psw inverter is actually "pure sine wave". Because it doesn't create that noisy humming sound on my fan like it's msw counterpart. On the fridge part, maybe national grid is always better except unnecessary voltage fluctuations.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by genius43(m): 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
Prince3:

That's not true sir. I have been on many groups that I benefited from that still have WhatsApp group. For example Uber and taxify group. Dog breeders. And many others I don't know of

WhatsApp group that a lot of information has been passed in the past is not beneficial for a new user.

A random person can visit this thread start from page 1 and get up to speed with what is happening here. That is never happening with a WhatsApp group. Telegram maybe but it will still be tedious scrolling aimlessly.

This is still far better than WhatsApp.

No need to fix something that isn't broken.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
genius43:

WhatsApp group that a lot of information has been passed in the past is not beneficial for a new user.

A random person can visit this thread start from page 1 and get up to speed with what is happening here. That is never happening with a WhatsApp group. Telegram maybe but it will still be tedious scrolling aimlessly.

This is still far better than WhatsApp.

No need to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm still wondering why some people would want a WhatsApp group away from the community that is on this platform, I have some thought about their intention but I hope I am wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
Still available

viperVIP:
5months used Growatt SPF 5000 ES for sale
Reason: money needed
Amount: #550,000
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
Tsuccesssquare:
Someone mentioned there are Qasa standing fan of just 5watts selling for 33k each. Please are they durable?

Would also appreciate any recommended solar flood light products.

Thank you.

please compare the rechargeable standing fan with their adc ceiling fan to make a good decision
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
Prince3:

can I reference any previous discussion from these various WhatsApp group if I join today? your answer should be a closure on this matter

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
oloet:

can I reference any previous discussion from these various WhatsApp group if I join today? your answer should be a closure on this matter

Please, leave kids alone with their social media mentality and focus on the good things inherent here.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
tsiriman:

I'm still wondering why some people would want a WhatsApp group away from the community that is on this platform, I have some thought about their intention but I hope I am wrong.

Mostly kids, everything they want to form a WhatsApp group. If this place was a group, how would he have gotten access?

Since he is so fixated a Whatsapp group, nothing stops him and his like minds to form a group and move there.

Some just want to use it to gain access to people's phone numbers and be adding you to all sorts of irrelevant groups and also hacking people, sending all sorts of spam messages, click baits, etc.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipsy242: 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2022
Plz how long averagely should a 1.5kva inverter and 220ah battery power a 50w Lg tv, 5 led bulbs (50w altogether), 1 ceiling fan (100-120w) and a Bluetooth speaker (60w)? Please advise
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Exodus1: 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2022
TechGeek777:

(Link of the fan with amount)
Qasa Solar Ceiling Fan AC/DC
https://www./qasa-solar-ceiling-fan-acdc-66437523.html

(Fan technical specifications from manufacturer)
QCF-56C dc
Ceiling Fan QCF-56C dc

Specification:

Power supply: 12V DC
Power input: 36±5W
Rated current: 3A
Rotation speed: 320±10rpm(Max.)
Blade span: 1400mm±3%
Recommended solar panel: 15~18V, 45W~50W
[url]http://www.qlinkcentre.com/products_list.php?cat=Electronic%20Applainces%20Ceiling%20Fan&get_page=1[/url]

Can this fan be use on regular AC sockets?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2022
tipsy242:
Plz how long averagely should a 1.5kva inverter and 220ah battery power a 50w Lg tv, 5 led bulbs (50w altogether), 1 ceiling fan (100-120w) and a Bluetooth speaker (60w)? Please advise

Excuse my ignorance, but is there any 1.5KVA inverter that uses just 1 220ah battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipsy242: 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Excuse my ignorance, but is there any 1.5KVA inverter that uses just 1 220ah battery?
That's what I'm currently using tho'...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
tipsy242:

That's what I'm currently using tho'...
12V? i guess?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmo(m): 9:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
Fellow DIYers, please maintain absolute calmness over this WhatsApp matter. It was a mere suggestion to have a Social Media Group (not just WhatsApp) and there's no need to drag it lest it degenerates into something else. Suspicons has begun to emanate already. As I always say, "Technology has come to stay, take it or leave it".

If i may itemize some of the reasons why I recommended a Social Media Group in addition to those I listed during the write-up,

> Many of us here has projects that may be beneficial to other users, which may not be properly depicted by still images but we can't showcase it because Nairaland does not have a Video Streaming API yet. Because you can't upload a video here.

> We are meant to patronise one another on this platform by being transparent with quality controls and pricing but some of us would quickly request that you private message them (DM) thereby exposing novices to potential danger of being decieved, scammed or cheated.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

While the list may go on, I would suggest again that we kill this issue here and now.
Enough said already.

Abeg make una post products ooo, you will never know what someone might have been looking for to buy.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipsy242: 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
FEGEITOK:

12V? i guess?
Yes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipsy242: 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 10:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
tipsy242:

220AH battery is 12*220 = 2640WHr
Your total load assuming 0 self consumption of inverter is 260 to 280W.
Number of hours it can run is 2640/260 or 2640/280 = 9 to 10 hours.

In practice, actual duration would be significantly less for the following reasons:
Inverter efficiency: as you put load on the inverter it also consumes power in the conversion process.
Battery efficiency: depending on battery chemistry, energy you can take out of the battery may be significantly less than the nameplate rating. For lead acid less than 50% depth of discharge recommended.
Peukert's law: As the rate of discharge increases, the battery's available capacity decreases. This effect is more pronounced for lead acid batteries.

Conclusion: its difficult to give an answer without knowing the type of inverter you use and it's efficiency, the type and brand of battery you use as well as the datasheet.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Prince3(m): 2:23am On Nov 28, 2022
oloet:

You are absolutely right ... Didn't thought of that. For me, it's a hands off.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Prince3(m): 2:32am On Nov 28, 2022
microgiant:

Mostly kids, everything they want to form a WhatsApp group. If this place was a group, how would he have gotten access?

Since he is so fixated a Whatsapp group, nothing stops him and his like minds to form a group and move there.

Some just want to use it to gain access to people's phone numbers and be adding you to all sorts of irrelevant groups and also hacking people, sending all sorts of spam messages, click baits, etc.
Baba e never reach like that, I only brought a suggestion I felt I understand more na NL cause of many restriction, but not for critics and accusation boss. I rest my case. If I need numbers, I can easily ask anyone here... Do you know all most everyone here have numbers of trustworthy sellers and engineers on this thread already. ���
But if u guys feel it's for kids, then I kill the idea �.
One love.
Lol, as for me. I done know whom I go buy my inverter from and whom I go buy my batteries from and also Engineer to call for my initial setup, their numbers I already have. Thats ok for me, meanwhile I will remain here and learn as much as I can

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tsuccesssquare: 6:05am On Nov 28, 2022
I actually prefer the standing fan compared to ceiling fan because of my POP. With my new solar system, I intend changing all my traditional standing fan to rechargeable/inverter one.

oloet:

please compare the rechargeable standing fan with their adc ceiling fan to make a good decision
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:14am On Nov 28, 2022
mank1234:

220AH battery is 12*220 = 2640WHr
Your total load assuming 0 self consumption of inverter is 260 to 280W.
Number of hours it can run is 2640/260 or 2640/280 = 9 to 10 hours.

In practice, actual duration would be significantly less for the following reasons:
Inverter efficiency: as you put load on the inverter it also consumes power in the conversion process.
Battery efficiency: depending on battery chemistry, energy you can take out of the battery may be significantly less than the nameplate rating. For lead acid less than 50% depth of discharge recommended.
Peukert's law: As the rate of discharge increases, the battery's available capacity decreases. This effect is more pronounced for lead acid batteries.

Conclusion: its difficult to give an answer without knowing the type of inverter you use and it's efficiency, the type and brand of battery you use as well as the datasheet.
4hours 30mins approximately (+or-) with a total running loads of about 284w using 50% DoD, assuming the inverter consumed 4w and keeping the speaker bass at average.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Elcapitan0: 8:19am On Nov 28, 2022
Good morning guys. Great job youre doing here and thanks for all your efforts. I read almost everything here(though I don't understand all).
Please i want to ask, is felicity a good brand as i'm considering buying a 5kw lithium ion and a 5kva inverter of felicity soon. Is there another better alternative to felicity around the same price range?
And i don't know if i can get any advice if those 5kw and 5kva are too much because what i mostly want is my game console and tv with fridge and a couple perimeter lights to run for cumulative of say 6hrs. Those total load is like 1100w thoughit is only 600w (tv and game) that will take the bulk time. Lights are only on at night and fridge only during the day.
Is hybrid inverter better or shouldi go for inverter and charge controller separately?
Thanks for your anticipated response.
PS: We do have PHCN for around 6hr/day
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:54am On Nov 28, 2022
Elcapitan0:
Good morning guys. Great job youre doing here and thanks for all your efforts. I read almost everything here(though I don't understand all).
Please i want to ask, is felicity a good brand as i'm considering buying a 5kw lithium ion and a 5kva inverter of felicity soon. Is there another better alternative to felicity around the same price range?
And i don't know if i can get any advice if those 5kw and 5kva are too much because what i mostly want is my game console and tv with fridge and a couple perimeter lights to run for cumulative of say 6hrs. Those total load is like 1100w thoughit is only 600w (tv and game) that will take the bulk time. Lights are only on at night and fridge only during the day.
Is hybrid inverter better or shouldi go for inverter and charge controller separately?
Thanks for your anticipated response.
PS: We do have PHCN for around 6hr/day

Felicity is not bad if you have the budget you may do growatt but 5kw is too much, you can do 2 to 3kw
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:18am On Nov 28, 2022
I'm still looking for 5kw 48v inverter with the following parameters:
1. Zero load power/idle power consumption <60w.
2. Mppt operating voltage range 60v to 150v.
Multiplus Victron 5kw 48v (zero load consumption 30w/35w, zero load power in search mode 10w/15w. 30kg) with its Mppt 150/60A has all that I need but I may need up to about 2m to acquire them.
Growatt has 5kw 48v spf hvm model with built in pure copper low frequency transformer/in build Mppt with operating voltage range 60v to 145v and 150v max open circuit voltage (41kg net weight) that suit my demand as well but I'm afraid of idle power consumption as it wasn't stated in its data sheet.
Please, let me know if anyone knows any inverter that will meet the above requirements.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 9:20am On Nov 28, 2022
Tsuccesssquare:
I actually prefer the standing fan compared to ceiling fan because of my POP. With my new solar system, I intend changing all my traditional standing fan to rechargeable/inverter one.

oh! my bad, I thought everyone is using slate like me

(1) (2) (3) ... (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) ... (1676) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: omonla5, Deluxe8000(m), Valentinooo, iamphilips(m), QuoteJust1nce and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.