Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2043578 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
This is the Felicity charge controller I bought for 105k, is this one good also, pls u guys should also help me with the name of a good 12v 1.5kva or 1.7kva inverter I should buy and a good flooded tabular battery

Get Felicity as well, the version below with low idle consumption

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
This is the choice panel 400watt, I ask my installer he said its 400watt but he told me it is cheap Chinese panel dat it may not last up to 4years b4 the voltage start to drop

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Design, install and after sales service different from BalaBlu grin grin grin

The problem is that a noob enters this space and wants to research online and discount the hard worn experience of savvy installers.

Even installers reach out to each other and to recognised subject matter experts for advise and support.

As you said, a competent installer can help deliver a good design and flawless execution and overcome obstacles that would have cost a starting DIYer a lot more money or stress or expensive mistakes.

In the end everyone has to choose their own path because there is a niche and market for each and every - from the penny pinching, poorly informed entry person to the fairly skilled DIYer who paid the price in initial hard lessons and mistakes to the seasoned and well trained professional who has broad experience and depth with various products - all will be alright last last.

Lol at balablu grin
At bolded is very true.
You cut me off from the design and install and call me to come and troubleshoot issues after system kaputs. you pay me heavily for my time else I'm out.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
God bless you. I was going to type this b4 I read ur comment. People just throw different words, none has asked him to test the panels. Carry multimeter,test the volts and amps check if it's close to wats on the sticker. I'm sure u can't get 400w but if u get something around 330-350w it still ok for d price.
Dam5reey:

You are in the best position to tell us, I hope you bought with warranty in place.

Test the panel and provide feedback most here don't use random panels, they use trusted ones. You can see recommendations and even adverts here!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2023
For sale.
Brand New Nexus 1.5kva/12v - 90k

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
Sunnystooth:
Please I need advice and recommendations on a good inverter to buy. I already have a good MPPT charge controller, and two felicity 200ah batteries with four 300W solar panels. A 24V system connection.
1. What good 2.5KVA to 3.5KVA Inverter should I go for? My budget is 250k max.
2. Which supplier or distributor can you recommend for me that honours warranty?

Thanks in anticipation of helpful response.

We have Snadi 3.5kva wall mount. Comes with decent idle consumption, priority setting mode (battery and inverter), can set lvd(low voltage disconnect) up to 23v - 275k

Call/chat - 08117398294 to order
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
Jefferyzz:
God bless you. I was going to type this b4 I read ur comment. People just throw different words, none has asked him to test the panels. Carry multimeter,test the volts and amps check if it's close to wats on the sticker. I'm sure u can't get 400w but if u get something around 330-350w it still ok for d price.

Until u hit ur roof with 5kw and manage to harvest 2.5kw. you then find out u just occupying space on ur roof.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
Yes they tested it there with metre it was 39.9v volt,
Jefferyzz:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:

This is not a proper test. We have gone through this topic in cycles over time.
Vipervip uploaded a solar panel tester few
pages back.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
Make sure ur panel is not placed straight down to the ground. Lift the head up Abit so it will look like it on ur roof n make sure it's facing south or east. U can do the test on both cardinal point(ie E or S) so as to know the one that has the best reading and carry out the test around 12 when the sun is Bright. The first picture is how ur multiple meter should be when checking for the volt. While the second is how it should be for the amps( the red cable moved to a different port, the nob too was moved to DC amp). ur amp testing shouldn't be more than 10secs ie the contact of ur multimeter cable n ur panel cable. Note the number u got from ur panels volt reading should be same or close to ur panels open circuit voltage(voc), while the multimeter amp reading might not b close to that 11a on ur panel sticker. My guess is 8-9a at best. If it's 9a den uve got a 330w panel. Which is still ok for the price u got it.

Next time. Keep asking questions till you av various opinions. Returning items after purchase is always stressful n sellers don't always want to have Dem back.
osayuwamwen:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
Depending on d result he got from the test. He can always buy one more authentic 330w or 350w. I once got 3 of these type of 400w thinking I jam lottery cause of the cheap price. Max av seen on my dc watt meter is 910w. None the less. My charge controller at times will show daily harvest of 4kw when I'm home using freezer tv n others. My battery dey full daily. So he should just zero his mind n get 1 more 330w panel if 600wh is not enough to charge his battery.
zeestone99:

Until u hit ur roof with 5kw and manage to harvest 2.5kw. you then find out u just occupying space on ur roof.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
dollarnaira:

Saw this online

CHOICE 350W MONOCRYSTALLINE SOLAR PANEL KEY SPECIFICATIONS :

Power Max: 350W
Vmp: 36.11V
Imp: 9.69A
Voc: 44.05V
Isc: 10.37A
Cell Size: 156mm
Cells Quantity: 72 PCS
Cells Array: 6*12 PCS
Panel Size: 1950*992*40mm
Weight: 19.5 KG

Why don't u test it first as in right away that the sun is rising. Get a car battery if you don't v access to good inverter battery. Carry out your test on the ground for proper tilting. Test! test!! test!!!

Test! Test!! Test!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
Jefferyzz:
Depending on d result he got from the test. He can always buy one more authentic 330w or 350w. I once got 3 of these type of 400w thinking I jam lottery cause of the cheap price. Max av seen on my dc watt meter is 910w. None the less. My charge controller at times will show daily harvest of 4kw when I'm home using freezer tv n others. My battery dey full daily. So he should just zero his mind n get 1 more 330w panel if 600wh is not enough to charge his battery.

Is it your green "Techfine mppt" that's doing this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2023
Jefferyzz:

This is fair IMO

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2023
Yh. D CC shows daily n and overall harvest on the small screen n d figures displayed are close to the actual tin. Though I av a watt meter in-between my CC n battery. The watt meter wattage reading is same as the figure in my BMS.
TechGeek777:

Is it your green "Techfine mppt" that's doing this?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmy9500: 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
Has anyone here bought ba3 from Justcallmenuel

How good are his product
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sunnystooth(m): 12:10am On Mar 27, 2023
Sunnystooth:
Please I need advice and recommendations on a good inverter to buy. I already have a good MPPT charge controller, and two felicity 200ah batteries with four 300W solar panels. A 24V system connection.
1. What good 2.5KVA to 3.5KVA Inverter should I go for? My budget is 250k max.
2. Which supplier or distributor can you recommend for me that honours warranty?

Thanks in anticipation of helpful response.

Please I still need more recommendations with this.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 12:11am On Mar 27, 2023
I haven't personally. But Ive dropped his contact for 2 different buyers n he delivered to them. Dey avnt called to complain to me. So he's green.
emmy9500:
Has anyone here bought ba3 from Justcallmenuel

How good are his product
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 12:26am On Mar 27, 2023
I use crown Ricco inverter n it handles heavy load 5n. Fan doesn't kick in until u av up to 50% load on it plus d fan is not loud, the transfer inside is toroidal. The 2.5kva variant is around 130/140k 3.5kva is 170k. The surge rating is 3x the actual inverter rating. It has MCB built on the AC input n output. The idle power consumption is less than 30w.. 26-28w thereabout. It has 30a AC charger as well. I don't use the AC charge so I don't no aw good that part of the inverter is. Aside that, every other thing is ok.
Sunnystooth:

Please I still need more recommendations with this.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 3:21am On Mar 27, 2023
zeestone99:

leave them o, and after 2 and half yrs of use, he will start getting 1.7kw from a 5kw. At least, it's still a good choice from their perspective!!

Hard way ni oo

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 5:58am On Mar 27, 2023
Trippledots:
JOB VACANCY

If you are situated in Lagos and interested in working as a field service engineer (site engineer) for a solar company. Dm me on WhatsApp asap for the link. I have seen people without prior experience employed, just be a quick learner and have relevant school certificate requirements.
Good luck!!
If this is still on, i am interested please.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 6:40am On Mar 27, 2023
osayuwamwen:
I want to buy flooded tabular battery what is the best and most reliable brand for 220ah and also 1.5kva or 1.7kva inverter 12v?

Tubular batteries are good, mine will be 4 years of usage soon. And they are still running like when I installed them. Get original luminous tubular battery. It's good quality and will serve you along while. I don't have trust in AGM or gel batteries due to experience of people around me, you are lucky to get 3 years out of them except you are meticulous in managing them

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:25am On Mar 27, 2023
'Most' of you that are called installers are extremely GREEDY.

I blame clients that still patronize you guys if just to power basic appliances like tv, freezer, charging, and lightings.

With the volume of knowledge here no lazy person should near you guys.

Solar is very basic in line with the above. Obey positive to positive and negative to negative. Avoid short circuit, buy a metre and you are good to go.

It is not a must that panels must be on the roof.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 9:05am On Mar 27, 2023
If u sabi any authorized dealers kindly drop contact. Copy of luminous dey market too
Peterlove11:

Tubular batteries are good, mine will be 4 years of usage soon. And they are still running like when I installed them. Get original luminous tubular battery. It's good quality and will serve you along while. I don't have trust in AGM or gel batteries due to experience of people around me, you are lucky to get 3 years out of them except you are meticulous in managing them
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:06am On Mar 27, 2023
600w flame solar panels available, #120,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:10am On Mar 27, 2023
Limited quantity of 15kwh 48v felicity lithium battery still available, #1,600,000. (Slightly negotiable). Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:11am On Mar 27, 2023
P2 60w All in one solar street light available, #135,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:13am On Mar 27, 2023
5kva 48v MUST hybrid inverter available, #330,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2023
Jefferyzz:
I use crown Ricco inverter n it handles heavy load 5n. Fan doesn't kick in until u av up to 50% load on it plus d fan is not loud, the transfer inside is toroidal. The 2.5kva variant is around 130/140k 3.5kva is 170k. The surge rating is 3x the actual inverter rating. It has MCB built on the AC input n output. The idle power consumption is less than 30w.. 26-28w thereabout. It has 30a AC charger as well. I don't use the AC charge so I don't no aw good that part of the inverter is. Aside that, every other thing is ok.

How long have you been using this inverter and what is the warranty? I saw online that Crown Micro Ricco RIS 2.4KVA is 1440W(i.e 60% capacity 2400kva * 0.6 Efficiency= 1440W ).

Could it be the reason your 0.75hp(0.55KW) pump was showing 53% usage?

I like the idle consumption of it and the surge rating for the 3.5kva, but don't know if it can carry 1.5hp pump.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:56am On Mar 27, 2023
Hello house below is our recently installed pump spec with depth of 180FT.

I need 3.5kva 24v/48v inverter with toroidal transformer and at least 2x surge rating.

kindly recommend inverter that can carry this pump.

Name: ASTRAL submersible motor
Type: 4SD1100S
Horsepower = 1.5hp
Voltage = 220v
Current = 8.8a
45uf/450v
Power = 1.1kw
Frequency = 50hz
Cos 0.93
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:44am On Mar 27, 2023
Canadian Solar Panel available!!

Canadian 550w mono panel ... 178,000
Canadian 600w mono panel .. 185,000

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:57am On Mar 27, 2023
200W SMS floodlight available, #53,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

(1) (2) (3) ... (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: TechGeek777 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.