Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2030822 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (1666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 9:51am On Mar 06, 2017
Good Morning Folks,

I hope my message meets you well. Please if you paid someone else to install your solar power for you, don't ask me for advice on fixing it. We charge a fee to diagnose problems on bad installations.

If you are a DIY'er I am very happy to answer questions and offer advice.

There is a clear difference between the two. I do solar for a living and if you are willing to patrnonize someone other than me it is your right. However if you want a performance problem diagnosed it is a minimum of N7500. And if it is an unusually bad job that fee is double

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:35am On Mar 06, 2017
chris81964:
Good Morning Folks,

I hope my message meets you well. Please if you paid someone else to install your solar power for you, don't ask me for advice on fixing it. We charge a fee to diagnose problems on bad installations.

There is a clear difference between the two. I do solar for a living and if you are willing to patrnonize someone other than me it is your right. However if you want a performance problem diagnosed it is a minimum of N7500. And if it is an unusually bad job that fee is double

smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:36am On Mar 06, 2017
efuro:

Thumbs up 4 Oga Kiekie1 wink wink
timely info is important
keep it up!

Humbly expecting your call Sir.. Thanks !!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jamzig1(m): 3:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
chris81964:
Good Morning Folks,

Good day sir, please does AWPS accepts Undergraduates for Industrial Training placement /Internship?
I sent an application mail to AWPS mail with the email address: <ozigij@gmail.com> but yet to receive a response.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2017
chris81964:
Good Morning Folks,

I couldn't agree more
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2017
chris81964:
Good Morning Folks,

am happy you did not slam the door of experience on everyone.
In fact you are truly a doctor of solar.
doctors admit, treat and get paid

bad installations always tarnish image of solar addicts and lead to lower adherents.

your decision is splendid !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
You can power your fridge or freezer with 1190W without issues. Be courageuos! whats the worst that could happen? inverter shows overload fault and you switch it off. grin
dapsyra:

Like I said earlier, the minimum permissible crest factor is 1.0 or 1:1 which is the crest factor of DC current. Crest factor cannot be lower than 1.

The manual erred by stating it as 1:5. There are two ways we can try to interpret that error:

1. Take it that the manual meant 1.5. In this case, the surge factor will be 1.06 (1.5/1.414) ==> Cannot handle high surges

2. Take it that the manual meant 5:1. In this case, the surge factor will be 3.5 (5/1.414) ==> Can handle high surges

Considering that it is also stated in the manual that the Inverter is not for heavy appliances, I will choose interpretation 1 above.

Irrespective of whichever interpretation you choose, a 1190W Inverter will power a 120W fridge comfortably.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 5:23pm On Mar 06, 2017
DMerciful:
You can power your fridge or freezer with 1190W without issues. Be courageuos! whats the worst that could happen? inverter shows overload fault and you switch it off. grin
He should just try to turn the freezer on first thing before any other load.. Also give the Freezer some time in-between going off and turning them on. Usually around 10 minutes. My 1200w inverter powers The freezer (150W) and Fridge (80w) and runs them comfortably. Although the freezer gets powered first before the fridge. Also I sometimes turn on the gen to start the freezer and fridge.. turn on the Inverter and then turn on the gen. That way the gen those the heavy lifting.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
DMerciful:

My deep freezer of 110w,comfortably running on my 875watts inverter.It is a year plus now and waxing stronger by the day.Take a leap friend and testify.RE rules.Enjoy

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by guente02(m): 12:36am On Mar 07, 2017
kiekie1:
JUST OFFLOADED
Yachi / YahSun Solar P-POLY,M-MONO
80w-P-25k
100w-P-30k
140w-M-42k
150w-P-43k
150w-M-45k
200w-M-60K
260w-M-75k
310w-M-85k
Stocks fast running low,call & place your order today
WhatsApp: O8I35O3I95I
SMARTCELL GLOBAL SERVICES

Oga do you have 80ah or 100ah battery fairly used for sale? Would mind to know what the price is like if you've got stock.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 12:54am On Mar 07, 2017
kiekie1:
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 75k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

JOY SOLAR MODULES

POLY SOLAR PANEL:
80W N10000. 100W N13500. 120W N16000. 130W N16500. 160W N23000. 170W N25000. 180W N26000. 250W N30000. 280W N40000.

MONO SOLAR PANEL:
80W N12000. 100W N15000. 110W N15500. 120W N18000. 130W 20000.180W N28000.

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @50k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...
1kw 12v =50k
1.5kw 12v =60k
2kw 12v =75k
2kw 24v =75k
3kw"4kva" 24v =120k
4kw 24v/48v =140k
5kw 24v/48v =160k
6kw"7.5kva"24/48v=210k
8kw 192v. =350k
10kw 96v. =380k

Must power inverter boards ...@25k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @4k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "+2348135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!
Frankie can we ever hope for these kind of prices ever again? Also please advise if you have Mercury tubular batteries available soon. People are interested.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jamzig1(m): 8:16am On Mar 07, 2017
chris81964:

It came up in our morning meeting today. The technical team lead had suggested it. I told him to communicate with HR and we will follow directives from HR.
Apologies if you did not get a response. We have been a bit overwhelmed by job applications
Okay sir, thanks for the response.
I hope to get a positive response soon. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:19am On Mar 07, 2017
DUNKA:
Frankie can we ever hope for these kind of prices ever again? Also please advise if you have Mercury tubular batteries available soon. People are interested.

OK, kindly call !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obimind1: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2017
Pls gurus in the house, ur advice is urgently needed. I noticed that my mppt cc 60ah ep solar keeps charging even when there is no sun. I feel something is wrong somewhere but can't exactly tell what could be the problem.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
kiekie1:
JUST OFFLOADED
Yachi / YahSun Solar P-POLY,M-MONO
80w-P-25k
100w-P-30k
140w-M-42k
150w-P-43k
150w-M-45k
200w-M-60K
260w-M-75k
310w-M-85k
Stocks fast running low,call & place your order today
WhatsApp: O8I35O3I95I
SMARTCELL GLOBAL SERVICES

is it advisabe to buy oe big panel or plenty diff ones and string them together?

re theses panels 12v/24v?
thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obimind1: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
I consulted one those solar gurus on this house (name withheld) he adviced that I should disconnect either the +ve or -ve wire connecting the battery to the charge controller. After a minute or more I should connect it back. That was yesterday night.At first I was scared doing it myself to avoid being electrocuted, but finally I summoned courage to do just as he requested... Surprisingly it worked... The continues charging stopped but this morning before I left my house for the days job, I noticed it started charging when the day became bright, but noticed that when I turned off my panels connecting my charge controller using my breakers it was still charging which is very abnormal. Infact it was showing that its drawing 10amps for the panels. This is very abnormal. I called on my installer but unfortunately he is out of town. Pls any suggestion on how to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 2:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
Hi All,

Brand new epever charge controller 40A Mppt 12/24V.
70k.....buzz me on 08035415969 if interested

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 2:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
Obimind1:
Pls gurus in the house, ur advice is urgently needed. I noticed that my mppt cc 60ah ep solar keeps charging even when there is no sun. I feel something is wrong somewhere but can't exactly tell what could be the problem.

it happens on few occasions
don't worry!

I use fangpusun 60A MPPT I got from Oga Chris.'

initially I love it and kept wondering it is so powerful that it tracks energy from the moon and stars
@10w at 0.4 - 0.5 amps and 1-2AH over night.

but now I feel it is not worth it so I let my mppt sleeps even when "it feels" it still want to work at night.

fangpusun 60A MPPT has a program restart solutions at various point to solve this situation and put it to sleep.

if your CC has program re-set, run it in order to sweep or track MPP (in this case it will find non and sleep) OR
if you have a DC breaker in-btw you PV & CC trigger it off and later on.

worst put off / on the DC breaker btw the battery and CC | am double sure this will reboot ur CC to cancel the problem.

However I feel leaving ur CC on will not damage it unless someone has a different view-point

My regards!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obimind1: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
@ efuro, thanks for ur response... Pls I will be glad to get more suggestions. I just want to make sure my cc is safe.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aroseyi(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2017
• ANDROID TV BOX WITH AV CORD READY

• Q19G DECODER AND FREESAT AUTOROLE POWERVU DECODER

• WIFI STICK OR ADAPTER FOR 4922A,4950,QSAT,SUPER ESAT,ETC

• IPTV ACCOUNT WORKING IN ANDROID/TABLET AND STB DECODER

• TVSAT, HOTBIRD, HISPASAT, euro bird 9e, MYTV AFRICA CCCAM AND

• CANALSAT REUNION on 16e AND ZAPTV CCCAM on 36e

• SPYCAM/TCAM ACCOUNT FOR ONLY Q11G, Q13G, Q15G, Q23G,Q26G AND Q28G OPENING MYTV AFRICA on 16e

~ 3G/4G PORTABLE Router WITH LAN PORT FOR ANDROID BOX, DECODERS AND PC.

Whatsapp: +2348062272279

email: ancl1860@gmail.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
aroseyi:

• SPYCAM/TCAM ACCOUNT FOR ONLY Q11G, Q13G, Q15G, Q23G,Q26G AND Q28G OPENING MYTV AFRICA on 16e

How is it related here! Do these boxes have inbuilt solar cells & battery? I beg this place is renewable forum not junk room.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
guente02:

Oga do you have 80ah or 100ah battery fairly used for sale? Would mind to know what the price is like if you've got stock.

Fairly used SYNERGY 200a @ 60k "limited qty".. Just got them after battery overhaul maintenance .. Running a comprehensive 800-900w individual load TEST on them nw & results has been splendid ..Pls Call if u need them !

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
Trippledots:

is it advisabe to buy oe big panel or plenty diff ones and string them together?

re theses panels 12v/24v?
thanks

Generally , 12v panels (150w downwards) , 24v (200w upwards). Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 8:06am On Mar 08, 2017
aroseyi:

@aroseyi,take your advert to the right places on nairaland,it is large enough and stop derailing this thread.What has this to do with this thread?Be warned!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gennextech: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
Good day my people,please find attached gennex price list, please not that our 5kva inverter now comes with battery equalizing feature and load control

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pdozie: 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
Got the watt meter yesterday. Very interesting recording my readings. One 'small' TV the kids use often read 137W while the big one I usually chase them away from read 78W !!

The freezer starts with 326W but goes down to 240W in less than 10 seconds.
The sowing machines my wife run starts with 576W and goes down to 132W steadily.

For the devices that start high and then normalizes at Low watts, what is the advised time to operate them. Because of the high power the draw at startup, will be advised to still put them on inverter when sun is getting down - say 4 to 5pm? (Even though they operate at much lower Watt after start up)

Meanwhile, if anyone has a spare 40 to 45A MPPT controller 48v, kindly buzz me. Got new panels to add but my controller has maxed out

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
pdozie:
Got the watt meter yesterday. Very interesting recording my readings. One 'small' TV the kids use often read 137W while the big one I usually chase them away from read 78W !!

The sowing machines my wife run starts with 576W and goes down to 132W steadily.

For the devices that start high and then normalizes at Low watts, what is the advised time to operate them. Because of the high power the draw at startup, will be advised to still put them on inverter when sun is getting down - say 4 to 5pm? (Even though they operate at much lower Watt after start up)

Meanwhile, if anyone has a spare 40 to 45A MPPT controller 48v, kindly buzz me. Got new panels to add but my controller has maxed out

Cheers
the freezer has been running for it to start with only 326w, for you to know the actual startup current leave it for 1hr. I hope you don't run this huge load on batteries alone at night? got 70a fangpusun at a give away price. Just call for further discussion
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aroseyi(m): 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2017

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
pdozie:

Cheers

40a mppt 12/24/48v @ 80k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 4:16am On Mar 11, 2017
aroseyi:

management of nairaland is a joke.. I was once banned here twice for a post that was purely educational and inline with the discussion here.. yet something like this was allowed to be posted.
pdozie:

Cheers

what is the size of that freezer?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pdozie: 8:34am On Mar 11, 2017
bigrovar:

management of nairaland is a joke.. I was once banned here twice for a post that was purely educational and inline with the discussion here.. yet something like this was allowed to be posted.

what is the size of that freezer?

Hi,
its Haier Thermocool Chest Freezers (HTF 379)
Dimension (W*D*H)mm 1055*745*855

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (1666) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: TechGeek777 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.