Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2026777 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (1663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
damola1:
BangDadaDang... lifepo4 batteries don land o

pranil , @jazzman2 , DUNKA , Oshomo12 , DMerciful , dapsyra , @damola1

Abeg who go help me successfully install am, based on experience of doing same before. Is there anything else to buy like the BMS?

I got; 12, and also I have a Magnum 4KVA and Outback 3kva, all 24V.

Specs of battery are:

Capacity: 210Ah
Height: 147 mm
Width: 429 mm
Length: 147 mm
Bolt Size: M8
Voltage nominal: 3.2V
Charge voltage cut-off: 3.6V
Discharging cut-off: 2.5V
Chemistry: LiFePO4

My location is: Ikeja.

I am envious. cry

Pls. share on how did you get them, LCL cargo, airfreight any customs issues SONCAP etc.

Can your vendor supply to Abuja ?. my email is anil_ghatikar@yxxxx.com

It is must to not only install BMS to balance the battries to but a DC contactor to disconnect batteries in case of overcharging/undercharging to protect your precious investment . The Lion will have no absorb curve but have to sit at charge condition till the BMS can balance the cells

Are these ATL cells ( based on blue color) normally the advisable charge and discharge limits are C/2 ( 100 amps) in your case for 2000 cycles and up life cycles

I would suggest something like this where you can track the battery using mobile phone - https://www.ev-power.eu/Battery-Management/BMS123-Smart/123-Smart-BMS-Complete-Set-4-cells-with-Bluetooth-4-0.html

DC relay - https://www.ev-power.eu/DC-Contactors/
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
pranil:

I am envious. cry

Pls. share on how did you get them, LCL cargo, airfreight any customs issues SONCAP etc.

It is must to not only install BMS to balance the battries to but a DC contactor to disconnect batteries in case of overcharging/undercharging to protect your precious investment . The Lion will have no absorb curve but have to sit at charge condition till the BMS can balance the cells

Are these ATL cells ( based on blue color) normally the advisable charge and discharge limits are C/2 ( 100 amps) in your case for 2000 cycles and up life cycles

I would suggest something like this where you can track the battery using mobile phone - https://www.ev-power.eu/Battery-Management/BMS123-Smart/123-Smart-BMS-Complete-Set-4-cells-with-Bluetooth-4-0.html

I am happy to buy the remaining four from you since you will need only 8 for 24 volts .

Please send me an email. then I can order bms and other accessories such as connecting links, terminal covers etc. for LIon batteries.

Also very important to separately charge each battery before putting into the bank as they are never shipped with full charge. or alternatively, allow them to balance over several hours before loading

Below is the full list I made earlier when I was designing separate bank with individual components ( 48 Volts so for 24 quantities are half)

WB-LYP260AHA LiFeYPO4 (3.2V/260Ah – 16 NO
Terminal conn. For LYP260AHA (( includes 5 spares))- 35 No.
BMS123 Smart -Complete Set (4 cells) 200 amp CT 1 NO.
BMS123 - Cell Module – 12 No.s

Charger 3.6V/20A for LiFePO4 cells (1 cell) 1 NO.
DC Power Contactor 400A, Coil 48V – 1 NO.
Power DC Fuse MEGA, 175A, M8 1No.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
Mine is 50A continuous current and 150A instantaneous current
damola1:

Contacted the supplier:

Hi,

Any BMS that can handle LiFePO4 chemistry. Also just check what current you will draw ie 30amp, 100amp.

=============

So, which current will be drawn?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
DISCOUNT ! DISCOUNT !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

TROJAN IND 17-6V industrial line flooded lead acid batteries (1202AH) ......

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate **.....

USA TROJAN J200-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (200AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@130k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" at very discounted prices......... "OUT OF STOCK"

Latest A&E model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @105k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...

1kw 12v
2kw 12v/24v
3kw"4kva" 24v= 160k
4kw"5kva" 48v

EP SOLAR MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER 12/24/48V AUTO SELECT ;
60a @ 145k
20a @ 10k (PWM)

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @6k

Infinitum battery desulphators 12v & 24v "NOW IN STOCK" ...@

Full river agm 12v 200a batteries"fairly new" @ 55k

10mm² black armoured solar panel-charge controller cables with earth/grounding flex "silver copper based & heat resistant " ... @

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... GENUS , LUMINUOS , EPSILON PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,proforma invoices valid for just 1 week, contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by damola1: 4:30am On Sep 20, 2017
pranil:

I am envious. cry

Used sea.

I made a huge mistake buying 12, the seller offered 16. but it'll be corrected. for now, what's important is to test that these are what they say they are.

Can't I get this BMS and DC contactor locally?

Also, how many units of each do I buy now? no ebay or amazon links?

What I really want to know now is: How long will 8 batteries last him if fully charge. of course, am aware that's dependent on the load. my current 200ah wet batteries serve me: 3hours after fully charge using the same 4kva magnum. We have electricity up to 15hours presently daily. I want to know whether more batteries is the way to go, or solar backup to charge them. I intend to buy 28units more of these are as impressive as everyone seems excited about. 24units for a larger office we recently just got or even more. and 4units for the balance. I will let the floor know then if someone is keen on buying.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2017
damola1:

Used sea.

I made a huge mistake buying 12, the seller offered 16. but it'll be corrected. for now, what's important is to test that these are what they say they are.

What I really want to know now is: How long will 8 batteries last him if fully charge. of course, am aware that's dependent on the load. my current 200ah wet batteries serve me: 3hours after fully charge using the same 4kva magnum. We have electricity up to 15hours presently daily. I want to know whether more batteries is the way to go, or solar backup to charge them. I intend to buy 28units more of these are as impressive as everyone seems excited about. 24units for a larger office we recently just got or even more. and 4units for the balance. I will let the floor know then if someone is keen on buying.

200 AH x 26 V= 5.2 KWH approx assuming 80 % DOD= 4.16 KWH = at 4 KW load 1 hour, 2 KW 2 hour etc.

Always solar first as far as possible - Cost of energy using Solar pv is approximately 50 Naira per unit while using Lion batteries is 80 to 100 NGN per unit

Always remember Batteries only store energy which means you have to use generator or NEPA to charge them ( in absence of SOLAR PV) which means using only batteries for power supply is cost of energy ( Gen 60 NGN /unit or Nepa min 22 NGN/Unit) + battery energy cost *1.1 efficiency loss in batteries + inverter)

so for NEPA it is min 120 NGN or using gen 160 NGN versus pure solar during day at 50 NGN

I suggest SOLAR PV during the day and battery only for night and cloudy days

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
damola1:

Used sea.

Serach for BMS 8S 28 V and your current rating . there are plenty on eBay . All vary in feature and price starting as low as 20 USD to few hundred usd

The one I suggested is slightly different in sense that It can be used for any volts from 6 to 500 and any current rating buy buying additional boards at few usd each per battery, in addition, it is compatible with Victron and SMA using enable to charge and disable discharge contacts and has Bluetooth to check battery status on mobile
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rejosom(m): 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
pranil:

Serach for BMS 8S 28 V and your current rating . there are plenty on eBay . All vary in feature and price starting as low as 20 USD to few hundred usd

The one I suggested is slightly different in sense that It can be used for any volts from 6 to 500 and any current rating buy buying additional boards at few usd each per battery, in addition, it is compatible with Victron and SMA using enable to charge and disable discharge contacts and has Bluetooth to check battery status on mobile

Hello Pranil.

Please I obtained a 48v/600W cotek inverter without charger and a 12v 100AH battery. I am thinking of buying a 20A battery charger and 12V - 48V dc-dc converter for the system. Is this advisable?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 5:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
Doable but not advisable for couple of reasons

1. Multiple points of failure - 3 electronic units instead of one
2. efficiency losses- The inverter even if idling will consume some power while the charger and convert will have atleast 10 % losses each - not so important as total losses are equivalent to 100 Watt bulb compared to convenience but still to keep in mind
3. The charger may not be able to sense correct battery voltage due to drops across the chain so over longer run the battery will remain undercharged unless you can change the charger setpoint voltages ( or it has voltage sense to directly measure battery volatge )

Unless you are creating a total isolated supply for critical equipment such as server or NAS it is fraught with problems and may be more costly ( cabling, fuses etc) than a single inverter /charger combo

I am running a similar setup where charging is with 48 V 50 Amp - 3phase charger but the same 400 AH 48 V battery is connected to a small 350 VA inverter to power my computer and NAS essentially isolating them from Grid - ONE giant UPS smiley

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
Hurray PRAG 5KW inverter supports LiFEPo4 batteries !!!!!!

I found the PRAG manual and what I suspected was right - The Prag has built in support for Lithium .

So now I can use a battery with Cheap BMS - I found a reputable 10 KWH 48 V with 2000 Cycles battery at 3000 USD . now only to sort ouut the shipping smiley

p.s. Can the house shed some light if the new Prag hybrid ( charger/inverter/MPPT) also support LfePo4 - Can be imporant when you want your investment to be futureproof

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hisenjos: 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
pranil:
Hurray PRAG 5KW inverter supports LiFEPo4 batteries !!!!!!

I found the PRAG manual and what I suspected was right - The Prag has built in support for Lithium .

So now I can use a battery with Cheap BMS - I found a reputable 10 KWH 48 V with 2000 Cycles battery at 3000 USD . now only to sort ouut the shipping smiley

p.s. Can the house shed some light if the new Prag hybrid ( charger/inverter/MPPT) also support LfePo4 - Can be imporant when you want your investment to be futureproof

@damola1
@pranil

Would recommend a programmable solar controller with enough panels and charge only on solar as much as possible.

Good source of info for lifepo4

https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum/off-grid-solar/batteries-energy-storage/lithium-ion/15966-simplified-lifepo4-charging-and-care
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 5:55am On Sep 21, 2017
Hello house. I still have these 2 new charge controllers for sale.
1. Wellsee Solar charge controller 12/24v 30a
2. Roysolar charge controller 12/24v 60a

Call/whasapp 08033735359
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fogechi: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2017
Please what advantage does 2v 500ah batteries have over 12v 200ah ones.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
hisenjos:

@damola1
@pranil

Would recommend a programmable solar controller with enough panels and charge only on solar as much as possible.

Good source of info for lifepo4

https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum/off-grid-solar/batteries-energy-storage/lithium-ion/15966-simplified-lifepo4-charging-and-care

Thank you great article.

But solar is not an option for office batteries for me.

At home, I have a Victron Bluesolar 45 amps with 2.5 KWp Yachi panels from Kike1 so no issues there

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rejosom(m): 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
pranil:
Doable but not advisable for couple of reasons

1. Multiple points of failure - 3 electronic units instead of one
2. efficiency losses- The inverter even if idling will consume some power while the charger and convert will have atleast 10 % losses each - not so important as total losses are equivalent to 100 Watt bulb compared to convenience but still to keep in mind
3. The charger may not be able to sense correct battery voltage due to drops across the chain so over longer run the battery will remain undercharged unless you can change the charger setpoint voltages ( or it has voltage sense to directly measure battery volatge )

Unless you are creating a total isolated supply for critical equipment such as server or NAS it is fraught with problems and may be more costly ( cabling, fuses etc) than a single inverter /charger combo

I am running a similar setup where charging is with 48 V 50 Amp - 3phase charger but the same 400 AH 48 V battery is connected to a small 350 VA inverter to power my computer and NAS essentially isolating them from Grid - ONE giant UPS smiley

Thanks so much.

I was seriously going gaga trying out different possible connections. Who get money for 48V backup for my small one room(lolz).

I will simply keep the inverter (may be useful someday) or sell it if I see a buyer and work a bit a bit harder to acquire a 12V all in one inverter for my setup. Just hoping the battery will still be okay then.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fogechi: 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
fogechi:
Plsss gurus answer me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
fogechi:

the major advantage is..it allows you to have your bank in series, which is the simplest and best battery arrangment....instead of doing series /parallel combo...which becomes inefficient if the strings are more than 3.
eg you have a 24v setup, but you need a huge storage/batt bank say 800ah 24v, u simply line up the 2v 800ah batts in series to achieve your objective, trying to achieve such with 12v 200ah batt will be a nighmare.

though you should be aware of c/10, ie your charging source shud be able to output min 10% of ur bank AH, so a 2v 800ah batt needs a charging source/inverter/solar panel that can kick out minimum of 80amps!.....only the expensive american/german inverters can output such huge current at 24v.
connecting such to most indian/chinese inverter will undercharge the batt under no time...and cause it to fail prematurely

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fogechi: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
earthrealm:

the major advantage is..it allows you to have your bank in series, which is the simplest and best battery arrangment....instead of doing series /parallel combo...which becomes inefficient if the strings are more than 3.
eg you have a 24v setup, but you need a huge storage/batt bank say 800ah 24v, u simply line up the 2v 800ah batts in series to achieve your objective, trying to achieve such with 12v 200ah batt will be a nighmare.

though you should be aware of c/10, ie your charging source shud be able to output min 10% of ur bank AH, so a 2v 800ah batt needs a charging source/inverter/solar panel that can kick out minimum of 80amps!.....only the expensive american/german inverters can output such huge current at 24v.
connecting such to most indian/chinese inverter will undercharge the batt under no time...and cause it to fail prematurely

thank you.......was thinking the 2v battery will last longer than the 12v.

thanks for the explanation
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hisenjos: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
pranil:

Thank you great article.

But solar is not an option for office batteries for me.

At home, I have a Victron Bluesolar 45 amps with 2.5 KWp Yachi panels from Kike1 so no issues there

You are welcome.

Do you have more details of the 10kwh battery you want to get? Does it have a bms?

I would be interested in a group buy with you if you are willing.

See my contact on my signature.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsmall(m): 11:10pm On Sep 21, 2017
Hi guys, The following inverter spare parts or board are available :

Schneider Inverter

Xantrex Inverter

Outback Inverter

Magnum Inverter.

Call Deji 07033311179.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 1:44am On Sep 22, 2017
Hello house. I still have these 2 new charge controllers for sale.

1. Wellsee Solar charge controller 12/24v 30a --- SOLD SOLD
2. Roysolar charge controller 12/24v 60a
3. Roysolar 12/24v 20a

Call/whasapp 08033735359
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Refa: 2:19am On Sep 22, 2017
I don't presume to be a guru but this is has been my experience. The answer to your question is not a straight forward one.

A few points to consider;

1. All batteries are not made equal(You can't compare a Chinese no name battery to a Fullriver or a Lifeline, or even compare a Rolls Surrette 4000 series to a 5000 series of the same capacity ; what brands of batteries are you considering?

2. What Type of batteries are they and what type of charger do you have? Am assuming they're both Lead Acid, but are they the same type of lead acid batteries? FLA, AGM or GEL?
Most Chinese and Indian inverter chargers won't be able to properly condition L16 FLA batteries because of the high equalization voltages required to properly condition FLA batteries.

3. Do you happen to know the weight of both batteries? For instance; the Trojan L16H 6Volt, 435AH and the L16RE 2Volt, 1110AH weigh the same. That just tells you that they use almost the same weight of Lead in making these batteries. Deep cycle batteries that die a natural death are mostly due to positive grid corrosion-a thicker plate means it will take longer for that to happen. The warranties (7 years for L16RE 2V and 2 Years for the L16H 6V) on these batteries attest to the fact that the 2V battery is made to last longer, this may not be the case with your batteries.

fogechi:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 6:08am On Sep 22, 2017
tsmall:
Hi guys, The following inverter spare parts or board are available :

Schneider Inverter

Xantrex Inverter

Outback Inverter

Magnum Inverter.

Call Deji 07033311179.

Thank you.

nice one. Book marked for future reference
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 7:18am On Sep 22, 2017
Good day my people.

We are currently constructing a all-in-one inverter. That means, it will have ability to recharge itself and also supply power 24/7.

Just imagine how a generator runs if it's constantly supplied with fuel and oil just before the fuel in the tank finishes or the oil finishes... ...assuming other parts of the generator will not become inefficient over a long period of time.

We are almost at the final testing stage.

The images below are for a 3.5KVA inverter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsmall(m): 7:34am On Sep 22, 2017
DUNKA:

Alright sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babniyen(m): 7:59am On Sep 22, 2017
CHINESE BATTERIES FOR SALE - BEST QUALITY GOOD PRICE

Very strong Sealed Lead Acid Batteries (VRLA) available for sale.
We also have Very good UPS for sale at best prices.

CHECK US OUT
https://www.nairaland.com/3939081/sealed-inverter-batteries-cheap

We give guarantee on our products.

We are factory representative.

Call for your orders: zero8158402376
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tundebabzy: 8:02am On Sep 22, 2017
SolnergyPower:
Good day my people.

We are currently constructing a all-in-one inverter. That means, it will have ability to recharge itself and also supply power 24/7.

Just imagine how a generator runs if it's constantly supplied with fuel and oil just before the fuel in the tank finishes or the oil finishes... ...assuming other parts of the generator will not become inefficient over a long period of time.

What about the specs?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sireboy(m): 8:45am On Sep 22, 2017
DUNKA:
the best home made inverter with free installation in lagos , abuja and Edo. contact me for further details.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 9:33am On Sep 22, 2017
SolnergyPower:
Good day my people.

Are those batteries lined at the bottom or ultra capacitors?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 10:54am On Sep 22, 2017
Flex max 80a fangpusun 165k
Flex max 60a fangpusun 145k
50a-12/24v 45k. 60k with remote
30a-12/24v 35k. 47k with remote
epever 30a+MT50 12/24v (CN) 46k
epever 30a 12/24v 43k
epever 40a 12/24v 56k
BMV 702 FANGPUSUN 42K
PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 15/16a 5k din rail
PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 25a 6k din rail/wall mount
Midnite Classic 96a 12-72v hybrid 300k
MidNite Solar MNSPD-300-DC 45k
080-987-337-09
First come first served

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
UNI-T DC clamp true RMS meters now on stock smiley

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
sireboy:

the best home made inverter with free installation in lagos , abuja and Edo. contact me for further details.

I don't think ur proud of ur product. We want made-in-nija, buy-nija. Do not be ashamed of offering nija product indians are proud of their achievement/products. So please let us know the specs of ur so called " best home made".

See what Solenergy is doing building 3.5kva something. While their certified panels have not failed me.

We want to be proud of u and put dollars in ur pocket instead of abroad.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (1663) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.