Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2041182 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (1677) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
kiekie1:
Trojan J200-RE Premium Line Flooded Battery (12V 200Ah)

Availability: Limited quantity

PRICE: ₦130,000.00

Quick Overview:
Model: J200RE with Bayonet Cap
Battery: Flooded/Wet Lead-Acid Battery
Capacity: 12V 200Ah / 20Hr Rate

Cyclic Use: 30% DOD - 2750 cycles
Cyclic Use: 50% DOD - 1750 cycles

Dimensions (LxBxH): 380mm x 176mm x 352mm

Terminal Height: 371mm

Weight: 60kg

Bulk Charge: 14.82V, Float charge: 13.5V, Equalization Charge: 16.20V

Color: Maroon (case/cover)
Material: Polypropylene

Discounted price ! Hurry ...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
hisenjos:

You are welcome.

Do you have more details of the 10kwh battery you want to get? Does it have a bms?

I would be interested in a group buy with you if you are willing.

See my contact on my signature.

see my earlier group buy post 2 weeks back on freedomwon and comparison prices of all lithum battries which are accesible in Nigeria

updated file attached

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 8:47am On Sep 23, 2017
good morning all,

after reading so much, i decided to go the solar way and would like to start one room at a time . . .

by order of priority . . . as electricity here is very poor . . . . just about 2 days in a week or for 2 weeks, very pathetic

can someone please advise a good battery to go for? PV manufacturer? charge controller? etc

there are many brands out there and can't seem to make a good choice

thank you so much.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 9:42am On Sep 23, 2017
7 Special Features:

* 99% specification accuracy.

* Works all-day-long without external back-ups at all, (i.e. no public power or NEPA, no generator & no solar panels incorporation also)

* Super sensitive over-load & short-circuit protection - to ensure its durability.

* Runs 24/7, non-stop continuous operation while powering equivalent load.

* Super-fast recycling self-charging with constant voltage & constant current technology to ensure balanced batteries compensation during the auto - charging, (the first of its kind)

* Can power water pump, fridge or ACs with electric iron, electronics, light & fans at the same time unlike the ordinary conventional inverters.

* Longer battery lifespan, up to 3 years minimum even if used with ordinary automobile batteries, then how much more with original deep cycle types..?

More Durable, Reliable, Renewable & Affordable than the ordinary conventional inverters if compered with similar capacities of these unique products...

tundebabzy:

What about the specs?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2017
fogechi:

thank you.......was thinking the 2v battery will last longer than the 12v.

thanks for the explanation
It would last longer. Thicker plates more lead, much higher cycles
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 10:00am On Sep 23, 2017
They are 12V regular UPS batteries but for higher KVA inverters, we use deep cycle batteries.
Barezzi:

Are those batteries lined at the bottom or ultra capacitors?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
makavele:
good morning all,

after reading so much, i decided to go the solar way and would like to start one room at a time . . .

by order of priority . . . as electricity here is very poor . . . . just about 2 days in a week or for 2 weeks, very pathetic

can someone please advise a good battery to go for? PV manufacturer? charge controller? etc

there are many brands out there and can't seem to make a good choice

thank you so much.
Whatapp 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 24, 2017
SolnergyPower:
7 Special Features:

* 99% specification accuracy.

* Works all-day-long without external back-ups at all, (i.e. no public power or NEPA, no generator & no solar panels incorporation also)

* Super sensitive over-load & short-circuit protection - to ensure its durability.

* Runs 24/7, non-stop continuous operation while powering equivalent load.

* Super-fast recycling self-charging with constant voltage & constant current technology to ensure balanced batteries compensation during the auto - charging, (the first of its kind)

* Can power water pump, fridge or ACs with electric iron, electronics, light & fans at the same time unlike the ordinary conventional inverters.

* Longer battery lifespan, up to 3 years minimum even if used with ordinary automobile batteries, then how much more with original deep cycle types..?

More Durable, Reliable, Renewable & Affordable than the ordinary conventional inverters if compered with similar capacities of these unique products...

Sounds too good to be true.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 9:57am On Sep 24, 2017
pranil:
In the interest of sharing pls. find attached my comparison of LIon batteries ( which can be leaglly imported into Nigeria) and lead acid

The transport costs are approximated to the higher side. All battery prices are from manufacturers with direct quotes

Conclusion - Unless NERC increases unit rates of makes net metering legal. LEAD ACID comes out winner

The only exception is Smplifi USA who claim to have more than 10,000 Cycles life at rated capacity
I love reading your stuff. I learn a lot from you.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:06am On Sep 24, 2017
chris81964:

I love reading your stuff. I learn a lot from you.

Yes Sir, I attest to that ! He knows his onions & he is a nice man - a noble client.. Gracias !

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jazzman2(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
pranil:
In the interest of sharing pls. find attached my comparison of LIon batteries ( which can be leaglly imported into Nigeria) and lead acid

The transport costs are approximated to the higher side. All battery prices are from manufacturers with direct quotes

Conclusion - Unless NERC increases unit rates of makes net metering legal. LEAD ACID comes out winner

The only exception is Smplifi USA who claim to have more than 10,000 Cycles life at rated capacity

Very thorough research work! An additional column stating the recommended and max. charge current will also be beneficial. Some customer applications may require battery banks with fast charge capabilities or high current charge rates. For example, the Simpliphi 2.6kWh, only has a max charge rate of 25A or 50A if paralleled to 5.2kWh (48V version). Whereas BattleBorn and BlueNova batteries can accept up to 1C charge rates, effectively making them a better choice for fast charge or high current applications.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
Very good idea
the charge rates are same most of the time as discharge currents but I will add the column for the max charge current
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
Solar Water users? and gurus in the house

How did you connect the inlet of the tank ( cold water )?
Direct to Overhead tank, to the borehole, manually fill using a tap

The reason I am asking is I came across this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Automatic-water-control-valve-solar-water-heater-feeder-assistant-tank/1935638063.html

there is a single and double pipeline model

In my solar heater user manual ( Simba make 120 L - looks like made in China) the manual recommends all filling methods which are manual and the tank has overfill discharge outlet which means if I connect to water source the water will flow out from discharge outlet.

I also believe the tank and tubes can take max 0.7 bar operating pressure. In addition, the water when heated expands 3 to 5 % which means it needs space to go

The system I came across only fills at 0.5 bar and the overfill outlet has to be connected to the 2-foot pipe above water level. I believe the water coulm works as counter pressure stopping inlet water.

I intend to drain the tank from top outlet using a small 300 watt booster to match my house pressure of 2.5 bar

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
pranil:
Solar Water users? and gurus in the house

How did you connect the inlet of the tank ( cold water )?
Direct to Overhead tank, to the borehole, manually fill using a tap

The reason I am asking is I came across this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Automatic-water-control-valve-solar-water-heater-feeder-assistant-tank/1935638063.html

there is a single and double pipeline model

In my solar heater user manual ( Simba make 120 L - looks like made in China) the manual recommends all filling methods which are manual and the tank has overfill discharge outlet which means if I connect to water source the water will flow out from discharge outlet.

I also believe the tank and tubes can take max 0.7 bar operating pressure. In addition, the water when heated expands 3 to 5 % which means it needs space to go

The system I came across only fills at 0.5 bar and the overfill outlet has to be connected to the 2-foot pipe above water level. I believe the water coulm works as counter pressure stopping inlet water.

I intend to drain the tank from top outlet using a small 300 watt booster to match my house pressure of 2.5 bar

user manual

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
hello pranil,
for those with protek solar water heater products like myself,
it comes with an assistant tank which does exactly the same job
so really no need to buy additional accessories to control water supply
pressure.

notice the assistant tank on top of the system in the first picture.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
JUO:
You must avoid powering your fridge with batteries by all means.
Please, is this a general statement or applicable only to the Solar off-grid setup?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
Saw an earlier post by JUO of his BMV data. I am wondering why the discharged energy is about half of the charged energy? Is it peculiar to flooded batteries? Should one expect better ratios with lithium batteries?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
dsunmade:

Please, is this a general statement or applicable only to the Solar off-grid setup?
My fridge and freezer have been powered by batteries since 2014. And I am still using the same set up. Are you trying to tell us something?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
chris81964:

My fridge and freezer have been powered by batteries since 2014. And I am still using the same set up. Are you trying to tell us something?
No, I am just trying to find out if it is safe for the batteries in the long term.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
dsunmade:

No, I am just trying to find out if it is safe to power a fridge and freezer using batteries.
Keep them well charged and with enough capacity and you will be fine
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obimind1: 10:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
dsunmade:

No, I am just trying to find out if it is safe for the batteries in the long term.
That has been my fears too after my batteries failed me under 8 months. Though my set up is a 24v system, I used to turn on my fridge by 8:00am and turn off by 4:30pm. After getting another new sets of batteries just one week ago, I decided not to run my fridge on batteries even though my PV strength is a 1,200 watts. The highest load I use on my batteries presently is my washing machine, and I do that when the sun is at its peak.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 8:30am On Sep 25, 2017
Obimind1:

That has been my fears too after my batteries failed me under 8 months. Though my set up is a 24v system, I used to turn on my fridge by 8:00am and turn off by 4:30pm. After getting another new sets of batteries just one week ago, I decided not to run my fridge on batteries even though my PV strength is a 1,200 watts. The highest load I use on my batteries presently is my washing machine, and I do that when the sun is at its peak.

I try to switch of my refrigrator after 5pm on most days (on some days, I just let it be). Freezers definitely go off by 4pm. They all stay frozen for at least 24 hours and the fridge remain chilled for 96 hours (freezer compartment stays rock solid frozen for 3 days) hence no real need to keep them lit up overnight. My batteries'll live longer for it (true they cycle less when always on but they still do cycle at night). Seems we run similar loads but I have a 3kW PV array at the backend.

Running the fridge on batteries (during the daytime) won't kill your batteries, if your PV array is appropriately sized to both charge your batteries and handle other daytime loads (some of us have almost twice the required PV array, to forestall poor weather). New batteries failing within 8 months sounds like undercharging/overcharging issues or discharging rates above C/8. Possibly low cycle life/thin plate batteries or a bad batch but that's less likely.

Do a retrospective analysis of what went wrong and you might be able to avoid a repetition occuring. I recommend installing a shunt (with a monitor display).

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 8:47am On Sep 25, 2017
dsunmade:

is a general statement or you balance your load to 150w/200ah max per battery or 300w max for 24v system assuming you have 200ah batteries otherwise be ready to replace your batteries yearly
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2017
JUO:
is a general statement or you balance your load to 150w/200ah max per battery or 300w max for 24v system assuming you have 200ah batteries otherwise be ready to replace your batteries yearly

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't scare them off bro. Give 'em 18 months (assuming regular VRLA types).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2017
Saipro:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't scare them off bro. Give 'em 18 months (assuming regular VRLA types).
if you do, they will use 24v/200ah to power 600w and tell you the batteries didn't last upto a year
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:38am On Sep 25, 2017
JUO:
if you do, they will use 24v/200ah to power 600w and tell you the batteries didn't last upto a year

Well, that's the downside ... but, I presume we're all reasonable adults ....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
NOW IN STOCK

Canadian solar panels: 340w Mono

Quick Overview-
Maximum power, Pmax - 340 W
Open circuit voltage, Voc - 46.2 V
Maximum power point voltage, Vmpp - 37.9 V
Short circuit current, Isc - 9.48 A
Maximum power point current, Impp - 8.97 A
Module efficiency - 17.49 %

Max System Voltage: 1000VDC

See profile-signature for contact details !

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
GeorgeD1:
hello pranil,
for those with protek solar water heater products like myself,
it comes with an assistant tank which does exactly the same job
so really no need to buy additional accessories to control water supply
pressure.

notice the assistant tank on top of the system in the first picture.

Thanks . It does the same thing of pressure reduction. Unfortunately, protek insisted that I buy the pressurized solar system at more than 500 K for ground mounting making me drop the idea earlier

Now i will purpose this system with pressure control on inlet, booster on outlet and connect to my existing 50 lts Ariston so effectively having 120 lts+ 50 lts hot water storage with full redundancy. On cloudy days IO just switch on my storage heater
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
dsunmade:
Saw an earlier post by JUO of his BMV data. I am wondering why the discharged energy is about half of the charged energy? Is it peculiar to flooded batteries? Should one expect better ratios with lithium batteries?

YES, Lead acid charge efficiencies are between 65 to 85 % . If your numbers are lower means one of the two things

1. You batteries dont drain enough which means most of the time the charging pattern is short boost mode followed by longer absorb mode - Absorb mode efficiency of Lead-acid is very low as most of the energy is lost in heat

2. Batteries are old - The charger is running prolonged in absorb mode

for comparison, my 40-month-old lead acid normally cycled to 20 to 30 % DOD with occasional deep discharge when the generator decides to misbehave - efficiency is close to 70 %

and NO lithiums have efficiencies of 90 to 96 % !!! one main reason I am shifting to them . and also can be charged at higher rates means my generator does not have to run for more than an hour

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hello house. I still have these 2 new charge controllers for sale.

1. Wellsee Solar charge controller 12/24v 30a --- SOLD SOLD
2. Roysolar charge controller 12/24v 60a
3. Roysolar 12/24v 20a

Call/whasapp 08033735359
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obimind1: 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
GeorgeD1:
hello bodejohn,
you are very correct. best in class standard for battery bank sizing is to always aim for a maximum dod
of 50 percent. however in majority of cases this is difficult to achieve mainly due to cost implication.

also, if you tell a beginner who is just starting out in the solar business that he has to install a battery
bank with 50 percent dod, the total cost of acquiring those extra batteries may be too much for him and it
may discourage any further interest in renewables.

again, depending on usage, a dod of 80 percent may not be too much of a bad idea if the owner only plans
on using his system on a skeletal basis (no heavy usage) especially for hybrid systems installed in areas of
near constant public power supply with occasional interruptions.
This is my decision from now upwards. I have decided to be using my system on a skeletal basis(no heavy usage) since my system is a hybrid system with occasional 6-7 hours light from the national grid on a daily basis... I am hopeful that this way my batteries will serve me longer.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by khanka: 8:02pm On Sep 25, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (1677) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ksmart027(m), bassdow, Baker77, zeestone99(m), kdaddy, Danibestguy, Bwyite and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.