Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2032458 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (1667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2017
earthrealm:
and nigeria is busy doing rubbish..ordinary road construction..we are yet to get a handle on

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-10-26/record-wind-will-force-germany-to-pay-power-users-this-weekend

[b]Germany Set To Pay Customers For Electricity Usage As Renewable Energy Generation Creates Huge Power Surplus

German power producers are poised to pay customers to use electricity this weekend. 

Wind generation is forecast to climb to a record on Sunday, creating more output than needed and driving electricity prices below zero, broker data compiled by Bloomberg show. It would be the first time this year that the average price for a whole day is negative, not just for specific hours.

Germany’s grid operators can struggle to keep the balance between how much energy people are using and how much is being produced when there are high amounts of wind generation. Negative prices mean that producers must either shut down power stations to reduce supply or pay consumers to take the electricity off the grid.

Wind output is forecast to peak at 39,190 megawatts at 7 am on Sunday, equivalent to the output of about 40 nuclear reactors and enough to meet more than half of Germany’s total demand. Onshore wind turbines accounted for almost a third of Germany’s installed power capacity at the end of June and the nation is poised to increase new installations by 9 percent this year, according to industry federation BWE.

Wind power currently supplies about 10 percent of Europe’s electricity and is expected to continue to grow as the technology becomes cheaper. The cost of electricity from offshore wind farms, once one of the most expensive forms of green energy, is expected to slide by 71 percent over the next two decades, according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance. 

Earlier this year, Germany shocked the renewable energy industry by handing out contracts to developers willing to build offshore farms without subsidy.

German wind generation reached a record 38,370 megawatts on 18 March.[/b]

Its well Bro ... Our developmental process is very slow but we shall get there someday if we can combat the spoilt system eating us up from federal to local govt level in Nigeria !

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:15am On Oct 30, 2017
liquidcrystal73:

Please help me tell Kiekie to find a solution to this problem, sir.
How does he expect me to drive all the way to Lagos State University n fix this bad unit
with my own money just 36 hours after it failed?

Hello boss, since you still have alternative at the moment...
Keep Calm try the suggestions offered by the seller and forum members here

Based on your comments here, he already gave an option..

Just try and settle with him amicably..

As far as I know him all his products.. are performing well above expected... I have referred other who benefited from his products they have not complained, rather they tagged the deals as "best deal of 2017" cos they are enjoying it...

Peace !!!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2017
gen2ty:
Hello House,

I have being following this thread for quite a while now. Finally decided to do my solar project. Intend to hit above 6kwh from start. I need a trusted vendor to do this with. After seen a lot of guys here. I intend to pitch with zeestone99 based on your recommendation on his work quality and after sale support.

Can anyone kindly advise on his commitment especially those he has worked for?

Hello Sir , it's a nice step you are taking in going GREEN ! Renewable energy is good I must tell you if you use quality set of inverter - solar items , installation and safety guides for longetivity sake ... If you are procuring items personally from overseas , its OK by me thats if you can go through the stress"custom duties et al" especially for fragile panels and heavy batteries.. More also, if you patronise our already imported solar items here, its also more convenient and easy as we have quality goods here at discounted prices I can always offer you at anytime of the day like all items you see on our solar shop site i.e Canadian solar panels , solar world, high end inverters , accessories etc .. Drifting over to Alaba quality items like Yachi modules , power starlight VIL items , flames,myhome,motoma,yingli etc all depends on your budget, installer or dealer ... We have so many discreet members on this noble forum who stay outside Nigeria and have solar set up working in there Nigeria homes via personal phone call interaction with me .. Feel free to make your choice for we are dedicated in our service anytime - anyday !!!

Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:05am On Oct 30, 2017
I can recommend Zeestone99. He helped source & install my 6.3kw PV System + 3kw Inverter which I use in my house all working fine over one year now.

Zeestone99 is also my sub-contractor of choice who I have used for more than 15 fully off-grid & hybrid solar and inverter projects sized 3kw and above. All our mutual clients report a pleasant service and committment to resolving any issues that may arise.

He is a person of integrity and I have been able to committ multi-million naira projects to his care with minimal supervision for more than two years now without any loss or questions arising - I believe several people on this forum have also used his services and can give an independent review.

My advice is to clearly agree what you want him to do for you including aftersales/warranty expectations and afterwards have a list by sms or whatsapp or email or paper which you can tick off performance against to ensure all you paid for are delivered.

One con I can mention is that if he tells you he would arrive your house at 10a.m, you may not see him till 11a.m subject to traffic and distance issues with the Mainland to Lekki commute grin

gen2ty:
Hello House,

I have being following this thread for quite a while now. Finally decided to do my solar project. Intend to hit above 6kwh from start. I need a trusted vendor to do this with. After seen a lot of guys here. I intend to pitch with zeestone99 based on your recommendation on his work quality and after sale support.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by liquidcrystal73(m): 11:36am On Oct 30, 2017
Dam5reey:

Hello boss, since you still have alternative at the moment...
Keep Calm try the suggestions offered by the seller and forum members here

Based on your comments here, he already gave an option..

Just try and settle with him amicably..

As far as I know him all his products.. are performing well above expected... I have referred other who benefited from his products they have not complained, rather they tagged the deals as "best deal of 2017" cos they are enjoying it...

Peace !!!

Of course I am calm, else I would have escalated it more than this.
Well, he gave me his Engineer's contact and I have way-billed it to him.
The engineer will take a look at it and from there we'll know stage 2.
I'll keep the house updated.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:44am On Oct 30, 2017
I know KieKie for super speedy sales and delivery across Nigeria of any inverter or solar or related equipment from premium to alaba grade. His contacts and network in the RE world are very extensive and there is hardly any equipment you may want which he cannot deliver to your doorstep within a day or two at the most provided you have shown committment by making transfer to his account first. grin

He is a supplier par excellence and his preferred modus operandi is for client to quickly make up their minds what they want and show committment via transfer to his account at which point he will surprise you with his speed of delivery.

Based on multiple interactions, I have never known him to abscond with my money nor be in fear that he will not show up with the product as promised - where warranty issues arise his apparent business model is to connect client & product source/repairer to work out the issues with him providing guidance and support remotely - in my opinion, this is an area to improve on because a client may feel abandoned with this approach but if you set your expectations right from the onset all should be ok.

I have also helped him procure and supply a few items from abroad and he is as quick to make transfers to me and follow up for delivery as promised as he is quick to expect alert in his account when I'm the one buying grin

With fairly used equipment it can be a gamble at times which is why they are usually 'sold as is' and at a discounted price and it may not be realistic for client to expect repairs/restitution at the supplier's expense except this was clearly agreed upfront - again clear communication and relationship is important because sometimes the manner in which one says YES or NO or KEEPS QUIET may go a long way to resolve or worsen the situation when issues arise with a client

For pricing and all, it is usually possible to negotiate and get a better deal although he may appear strict or impatient at times as a busy man always on the road.

All in all a good & dependable supplier - our last transaction was 8 units of USBattery L16s bought in November 2016 and they are still firing strong till date with their deployment in a tough service environment - I expect them to be in service for another 3 years at least.

Kudos KieKie and may you continue to grow and improve!!!

kiekie1:

Hello Reprobate , yes you are right to an extent . Abinitio, fairly new items is like a game of luck, I personally limit my fairly new dealings for some reasons .. I have dealt with many within & outside lagos state and warranty issues on our brand-new items has never been problematic .. Yes A&E & Prag are part of my dealership companies and must say you are quite observant smiley .. I have spoken to the client who complained on his fairly new mppt as I was engaged at a serious church programme yesterday ! Cheers

kiekie1:

Hello dear Client , never be too quick to judge i must advice you .. We met on a very good ground still based on good deeds & recommendations .. I don't feel you have any personal issues here in less than 3 days as I am always steadfast in my business and very dedicated incase you never noticed when you drove down by 6am to pick up a sampled & working - tested ok fairly new device .. I limit fairly new dealings as Abunafiu will always tell you same and am mostly into brand new devices .. I have met with few here , Saipro, Abunafiu. Dmerciful, Richmond, Dam5reey Zeestone et al will attest to this .. I don't ridicule people for no reason as personal issues are meant to be resolved when they arise .. I had a 1 on 1 phone communication with you few minutes ago and I feel we discussed at length pertaining all .. We mostly have observers here as majority rarely type and I must say I am relentless on my past & futuristic transactions and will never turn any client down at any point in time .. I believe in a good business-coporate image even to the extent ot procuring & trading above 70 units of fairly new fullriver batteries few months ago across several states with no issues whatsoever & still receive consistent calls if same batteries are still available till today..... Remain blessed ...

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by liquidcrystal73(m): 11:50am On Oct 30, 2017
kiekie1:

Hello dear Client , never be too quick to judge i must advice you .. We met on a very good ground still based on good deeds & recommendations .. I don't feel you have any personal issues here in less than 3 days as I am always steadfast in my business and very dedicated incase you never noticed when you drove down by 6am to pick up a sampled & working - tested ok fairly new device .. I limit fairly new dealings as Abunafiu will always tell you same and am mostly into brand new devices .. I have met with few here , Saipro, Abunafiu. Dmerciful, Richmond, Dam5reey Zeestone et al will attest to this .. I don't ridicule people for no reason as personal issues are meant to be resolved when they arise .. I had a 1 on 1 phone communication with you few minutes ago and I feel we discussed at length pertaining all .. We mostly have observers here as majority rarely type and I must say I am relentless on my past & futuristic transactions and will never turn any client down at any point in time .. I believe in a good business-coporate image even to the extent ot procuring & trading above 70 units of fairly new fullriver batteries few months ago across several states with no issues whatsoever & still receive consistent calls if same batteries are still available till today..... Remain blessed ...

Hello dear seller,
I can confirm that we have spoken on phone ( for a cumulative period of up to 50mins) this morning.
And item has been waybilled to your professional to look at it, if it could be resurrected or not.
Let's wait for the outcome.
Remain blessed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by liquidcrystal73(m): 11:55am On Oct 30, 2017
NiyiOmoIyunade:

Just to correct your view, item was not sold "as-is".
I am fully aware of what it means to sell an item "as-is" and if that was the case; I would never buy it
And if i did buy it, whatever I get, I will keep to myself; cos I asked for it.
Item sold "as-is" are sold at dirt cheap price; that even if you fixed it, you would still make profit.
You would not buy a used item and still fix it; eventually spending more than you would
if you had gotten a brand new one.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2017
NiyiOmoIyunade:
I can recommend Zeestone99. He helped source & install my 6.3kw PV System + 3kw Inverter which I use in my house all working fine over one year now.

Zeestone99 is also my sub-contractor of choice who I have used for more than 15 fully off-grid & hybrid solar and inverter projects sized 3kw and above. All our mutual clients report a pleasant service and committment to resolving any issues that may arise.

He is a person of integrity and I have been able to committ multi-million naira projects to his care with minimal supervision for more than two years now without any loss or questions arising - I believe several people on this forum have also used his services and can give an independent review.

My advice is to clearly agree what you want him to do for you including aftersales/warranty expectations and afterwards have a list by sms or whatsapp or email or paper which you can tick off performance against to ensure all you paid for are delivered.

One con I can mention is that if he tells you he would arrive your house at 10a.m, you may not see him till 11a.m subject to traffic and distance issues with the Mainland to Lekki commute grin

Thnk u sir, plus u knw ur tolgate is not predictable, every 1km traffic light is always ready to stop u grin, lol
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
Delords:

You will not regret doing business with him and I do believe I can say same for you? No pun intended sir, it can go either ways.

Thnk u sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
Thank you all for the reviews, we will keep on delivering as promised
CC niyiomolyunade
Liquidcrystal73
Igahdavid
Delords
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2017
Boss nor vex o!

Below is what I actually said and just speaking in general terms (emphasis on usually - I am not close to this your specific transaction but I have suffered losses a few times too both as dealer and as client so I can definitely feel your pain both ways and I hope you get things resolved in your favor soon.

NiyiOmoIyunade:

... With fairly used equipment it can be a gamble at times which is why they are usually 'sold as is' and at a discounted price and it may not be realistic for client to expect repairs/restitution at the supplier's expense except this was clearly agreed upfront ...

liquidcrystal73:

Just to correct your view, item was not sold "as-is".
I am fully aware of what it means to sell an item "as-is" and if that was the case; I would never buy it
And if i did buy it, whatever I get, I will keep to myself; cos I asked for it.
Item sold "as-is" are sold at dirt cheap price; that even if you fixed it, you would still make profit.
You would not buy a used item and still fix it; eventually spending more than you would
if you had gotten a brand new one.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by life707: 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
@ George _D, please u got mail.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
NiyiOmoIyunade:
I know KieKie for super speedy sales and delivery across Nigeria of any inverter or solar or related equipment from premium to alaba grade. His contacts and network in the RE world are very extensive and there is hardly any equipment you may want which he cannot deliver to your doorstep within a day or two at the most provided you have shown committment by making transfer to his account first. grin

He is a supplier par excellence and his preferred modus operandi is for client to quickly make up their minds what they want and show committment via transfer to his account at which point he will surprise you with his speed of delivery.

Based on multiple interactions, I have never known him to abscond with my money nor be in fear that he will not show up with the product as promised - where warranty issues arise his apparent business model is to connect client & product source/repairer to work out the issues with him providing guidance and support remotely - in my opinion, this is an area to improve on because a client may feel abandoned with this approach but if you set your expectations right from the onset all should be ok.

I have also helped him procure and supply a few items from abroad and he is as quick to make transfers to me and follow up for delivery as promised as he is quick to expect alert in his account when I'm the one buying grin

With fairly used equipment it can be a gamble at times which is why they are usually 'sold as is' and at a discounted price and it may not be realistic for client to expect repairs/restitution at the supplier's expense except this was clearly agreed upfront - again clear communication and relationship is important because sometimes the manner in which one says YES or NO or KEEPS QUIET may go a long way to resolve or worsen the situation when issues arise with a client

For pricing and all, it is usually possible to negotiate and get a better deal although he may appear strict or impatient at times as a busy man always on the road.

All in all a good & dependable supplier - our last transaction was 8 units of USBattery L16s bought in November 2016 and they are still firing strong till date with their deployment in a tough service environment - I expect them to be in service for another 3 years at least.

Kudos KieKie and may you continue to grow and improve!!!

I fully second the observations and comment by @NiyiOmoIyunade based on my personal dealings with Kiekie. I have dealt with him for past one year and he has never failed me no with his speed but his knowldge about the products he sells.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 10:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
How do I contact Prag technical fellows?
Anybody can give me an email or phone. I have a 5 KW Prag which mentions Settings for LIfepo4 in manual . I would like more details on it as I plan to install LIfepo4 but worried about absorption times. The full charge and discharge voltages match with my batteries exactly .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
pranil:
How do I contact Prag technical fellows?
Anybody can give me an email or phone. I have a 5 KW Prag which mentions Settings for LIfepo4 in manual . I would like more details on it as I plan to install LIfepo4 but worried about absorption times. The full charge and discharge voltages match with my batteries exactly .

Sir , expect a reply pertaining your question via whats app mail as most company engineers don't like publicising personal contacts unless company numbers visible in websites ... God bless !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obimind1: 12:29am On Oct 31, 2017
liquidcrystal73:

Epever iTracer 40a . . .4210A
connected to a 600W array . . 4 x 150W panels . . in parallel
maximum current per panel: ~8.3 amps, therefore, total max. for current: 8.3 x 4 = 33.2Amps
Maximum voltage per panel: ~18V, but I have seen 20V on some days.; therefore total max. for voltage= 20V

Battery was at about 14.2 V (boost phase), for about 2hrs and then it floated . . . I was happy

Turned on about 180W loads; and panel was delivering about 227W from the MT50 meter indication

I just decided to do a quick glance at the setup minutes later and alas! battery was at 16.0V and the CC was
showing a warning: Battery Over-Voltage... I turned off the Panel - CC breaker.

No burnt smell, no fire, no smoke, nothing!

Battery went back to 13.8 float voltage, disconnected the battery terminals from CC to reset the CC; and back again
it was rising 14, 15, 16, then the Over Voltage error again.

Take note, no power from phcn and panel was at about 17V,., so the panel naturally would try to raise the battery voltage to 17V
because controller charging has failed.

Disconnected once more, did a factory reset of CC, Same thing.
The meter was showing negative battery amps, and zero amps from the Panel . . as you can see in pictures attached.

I brought out the PWM, connected it and all was perfect, no issues, disconnected PWM, connected MPPT, same error . . .
So connected the PWM back and left it there to continue its job . . .

Decided to crosscheck the MPPT and as you can see, images are attached.

Called Mr K K, and he pasted me his Engineer's number, called him, he said he is at Ojo (Lagos State University environs)
Disconnected the call, called Mr K K, he asked me to speak and conclude with his Engineer, called Engineer and he said I have to bring it over . .Distance is a problem, texted Mr K K, i cannot do the distance, maybe he can help arrange a delivery; or I might have to return the unit.

No response yet. So no warranties 36 hours and internal failure of CC . . ?? No after-sales support?
No words of encouragement? Nothing . . .

I have an expensive brick in my hands, CC still lights up and displays all info correctly, but will not receive any Amps from Panel
and will overcharge my battery bank; no matter how many times I tried.

So I am back to the PWM ( the stone that was rejected, now became the chief cornerstone)

That is the story.

Thank you.

P.S. Installation is wall-mounted; more than enough ventilation; and failure occurred this afternoon, around 1.30pm thereabouts
Sorry for the loss bro... I was in this mess some months back and sincerely it wasn't funny at all. Infact in my own case i lost both batteries and my charge controller. Honestly I felt like "why must it be me"? Did I do any wrong trying to upgrade to an mppt? Yours is more pathetic cus it failed within some hours of purchase. Mine failed after eight months of usage. It made me fall back to my pwm which I dumped long ago. But honestly I respect my pwm charge controller. Its not doing bad at all. Ever since I reported to this house how my mppt failed me, I will like to testify that I've not turned on my gen set. When they is no light from the national grid, during the day my 1.2kw array conveniently powers my home without any stress. The intelligence displayed by this pwm cc amazes me most times. It never goes above 28.2 no matter the circumstance. And sincerely it has given me some respite for sometime now. Though I still have it in mind to obtain an mppt in no distant time. But seriously if this is how an mppt cc fails I must confess that its not worth venturing into. I'm speaking as someone who was once a victim.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 1:28am On Oct 31, 2017
Obimind1:

Sorry for the loss bro... I was in this mess some months back and sincerely it wasn't funny at all. Infact in my own case i lost both batteries and my charge controller. Honestly I felt like "why must it be me"? Did I do any wrong trying to upgrade to an mppt? Yours is more pathetic cus it failed within some hours of purchase. Mine failed after eight months of usage. It made me fall back to my pwm which I dumped long ago. But honestly I respect my pwm charge controller. Its not doing bad at all. Ever since I reported to this house how my mppt failed me, I will like to testify that I've not turned on my gen set. When they is no light from the national grid, during the day my 1.2kw array conveniently powers my home without any stress. The intelligence displayed by this pwm cc amazes me most times. It never goes above 28.2 no matter the circumstance. And sincerely it has given me some respite for sometime now. Though I still have it in mind to obtain an mppt in no distant time. But seriously if this is how an mppt cc fails I must confess that its not worth venturing into. I'm speaking as someone who was once a victim.
What product was your mppt charge controller?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:40am On Oct 31, 2017
DUNKA:

Question that came to my mind undecided
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sensisosu: 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hello guys,

I need fairly used/new 250w or 300w solar panels and installation rails..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
gen2ty:
Hello House,

gen2ty,
zeestone is your man anytime, anyday. he came all the way from lagos and did a marvelous installation job
at my abode here in warri. i'm happy to recommend him partly for his doggedness and also for his attention
to details. at a certain stage in my upgrade works, we hit a snag which almost got me discouraged but to
my greatest surprise, he and his team came up with a quick solution that moved the job forward in no time.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2017
Obimind1:

personally i think the advantages of mppt cc over pwm has been severely over-hyped and some of us here
(myself inclusive) are to blame. much as mppt has its place in the scheme of things when it comes to solar charging,
but so also does pwm. my first cc was a tristar pwm 45a and it served me doggedly for over two years without issues.
my batteries were well maintained over this period and i never had any reason to complain. i only set it aside albeit
reluctantly when i wanted to upgrade my array and discovered that cc output fell far short of what my panels would be
pushing out.

so guys, if you still have your pwm cc and it's working well for you please hold on to it. don't give in to the marketing
gimmicks of retailers who are only interested in offloading their wares on unsuspecting solar newbies!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:17pm On Oct 31, 2017
sensisosu:
Hello guys,

I only have brand new solar panels and pro roof mounts at an affordable cost.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Reprobate: 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2017
GeorgeD1:

personally i think the advantages of mppt cc over pwm has been severely over-hyped and some of us here
(myself inclusive) are to blame. much as mppt has its place in the scheme of things when it comes to solar charging,
but so also does pwm. my first cc was a tristar pwm 45a and it served me doggedly for over two years without issues.
my batteries were well maintained over this period and i never had any reason to complain. i only set it aside albeit
reluctantly when i wanted to upgrade my array and discovered that cc output fell far short of what my panels would be
pushing out.

so guys, if you still have your pwm cc and it's working well for you please hold on to it. don't give in to the marketing
gimmicks of retailers who are only interested in offloading their wares on unsuspecting solar newbies!

Hmmmmm big temptation to buy morning star 60amp pwm.about 200usd
Though the price diff is ttoo much to b just a marketing gimmick

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2017
GeorgeD1:

pushing out.

PWM or MPPT was a major decision I had to make when starting my offgrid Solar journey. After much thought and research I went with an mppt because I already had a 24v solar panel while my battery system was 12v. Using a PWM meant I would be losing close to half my PV generation potential. Also the distance between my PV and controller at 18meters meant I had to reduce losses and best way to do that was to increase voltage going to cc. Most effective way to do this was use string panel in series again MPPT controller made this a no brainer. The cost of getting an MPPT allowed me save on wires and increased the economic value derived from my system over using a PWM. It all depends on system designs.

Another reason to consider mppt is because most solar panels sold on here are actually grid tired panels. Very few sell true offgrid Solar panels with high VMP. Pv with high VMP ensures there is a buffer better PV voltage and effective battery charge voltage. A panel with VMP of 30.5v would be barely able to charge a 24v battery at 28.8v absorption voltage not to talk of 30+ volt required for equalization. On a hot day a 30v panel will lose voltage to heat. Stringing panels in series to ensure the voltage doubles that of the battery ensures your battery will always get effective charge no matter the weather. A PWM with a high VMP Panel say 20 for a 12v panel and 36 for a 24v panel won't have this voltage loss problem.

In essence it's all about system design and making best of what is available to you. By expensive panels and get a cheaper PVM cc or get expensive mppt and get cheaper PV.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
GeorgeD1:

gen2ty,
zeestone is your man anytime, anyday. he came all the way from lagos and did a marvelous installation job
at my abode here in warri. i'm happy to recommend him partly for his doggedness and also for his attention
to details. at a certain stage in my upgrade works, we hit a snag which almost got me discouraged but to
my greatest surprise, he and his team came up with a quick solution that moved the job forward in no time.

Thnk u sir, ur kindest is as robust as ur solar setup cheesy,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
sensisosu:
Hello guys,

Call/whatapp 08117398294 for affordable panels, used 250watt panel available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hello house , my humble vote of thanks goes to my numerous clients"I can't start mentioning names wink , who has been of great patronage all this years .. I also sympathise with the few clients I have transacted with and they feel I should work on my after sales service support ... As I type , I have a client I supplied solar items "USA trojan batteries " a month ago.. The client recently, isn't happy with me on an item later supplied for battery monitoring but he preferred victron to fangpuson smiley .. I convinced him also that Mnspd 115 & 300 DC are all same price as he felt maybe there was a major difference smiley . Since I billed him abinitio for a fangpuson , I felt counterbalancing was an option as he felt I intentionally sold fangpuson instead of victron. We all know how refunds, counterbalance issues are especially after the long stress. Island tussles sad , and I would like to crave everyone humble advice in the house as the said issue is ticking a month now ..

On the other hand, what i keep praying for is more money and progress to active and prospective clients as going GREEN isn't really easy. One love all ! Remain blessed , Gracias !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HilcomTech(m): 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2017
sensisosu:
Hello guys,

You can contact us
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oneshowguy: 12:03am On Nov 01, 2017
LONG Battery the official vendor to Schneider and General Electric , now available in Nigeria .

Available brand new fresh stock:

Made in Vietnam

7Ah ......5000
18Ah.....13,000
100Ah.....60,000
200Ah.....115,000

For orders or enquiries ,kindly email us at : michael@back2back.ae

Call us at: 08123329521

Address: Avistar place near villa park hotel festac .

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obimind1: 12:36am On Nov 01, 2017
DUNKA:
Epever 60 amp cc Itracer.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obimind1: 12:46am On Nov 01, 2017
I'm back to my pwm which has been my saving grace for some months now pending when I'll be ready to go for another mppt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (1667) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Kendzyma(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.