Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042805 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (1678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:24am On Dec 06, 2018
Oga KieKie,

Please are these pictures of one single location or two different places? I see what appears to be your trusty CyberPower 3.5kva inverter in one picture but in the other picture with the battery monitors, I see something that looks Victronish and from the size dimensions looks more like an inverter than a a CC - I could be off though because all the pics are rather darkened.

Do you get any assist from the Grid or Gen overnight? It appears with your AC on overnight, you are running roughly 1.1kw on 6pcs of 12v 200Ah batteries (14.4kwh of storage) so you would both be exceeding the C20 discharge rate and most likely going below 50% DoD as well if you get no Grid or Gen assist.

If you are getting no grid assist, what does your battery voltage look like in the mornings after you have run your AC overnight?

kiekie1:
Second snapshot shows refrigerator timer switch deactivated by 10:30pm, room split AC been running for 45min approximately. AC runs mostly within 25-28° overnight depending on weather, yet batteries don't go below 24v wink.. PHCH or not, no worries as I get within 55-65a mppt cc daily to float batteries back before dusk!

It has been green efficient energy all year round smiley

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:45am On Dec 06, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Oga KieKie,

Please are these pictures of one single location or two different places? I see what appears to be your trusty CyberPower 3.5kva inverter in one picture but in the other picture with the battery monitors, I see something that looks Victronish and from the size dimensions looks more like an inverter than a a CC - I could be off though because all the pics are rather darkened.

Do you get any assist from the Grid or Gen overnight? It appears with your AC on overnight, you are running roughly 1.1kw on 6pcs of 12v 200Ah batteries (14.4kwh of storage) so you would both be exceeding the C20 discharge rate and most likely going below 50% DoD as well if you get no Grid or Gen assist.

If you are getting no grid assist, what does your battery voltage look like in the mornings after you have run your AC overnight?

Yes that's a Victron 70a mppt beside the monitors and a 24hrs USA online smart inverter which triggers the refrigerator programmed timers on 24hrs basis and hasn't gone off for about 4 years counting. I am partially offgrid as our grid supply is highly epileptic! I mentioned a while ago, my die-hard cyberpower only comes on basically for opportunistic high wattage loads, I treat it like a baby because the service parts is very rare smiley .. Yes you saw that high kw load rating because all those loads listed was ON and AC only came on when Fridge went OFF. Flood led and AC overnight reads 800-830w , only when AC compressor kicks in since am on 25-28° temp settings. When AC compressor cuts, I get roughly +/-70watts max on system display! Worst battery volt i have seen overnight is 23 / 23.5v mainly during dull weather which doest bother my bank at all, my inverters set depth of discharge is 21.5v min but I have never experienced low battery alarm nor shut down because i and my household are very practical about load management smiley...
Note:refrigerator compulsorily works 12-6am overnight , and intermittently comes on for an hour or 2 by late evening on timer settings. Cheer's
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:52am On Dec 06, 2018
Thanks Oga KieKie,

Please tell us more about the inverter bolded below.

kiekie1:

...24hrs USA online smart inverter which triggers the refrigerator programmed timers on 24hrs basis...

Also, are the timers integrated into the inverter or they are normal external devices?

I would assume this inverter is low wattage or at least smaller than your CyberPower since you still prefer to use the CyberPower for your larger loads.

Finally how are you able to get a split 1.5hp AC (non inverter type) to consume 800 to 830watts? Or is it a different AC in use now?

kiekie1:

Yes that's a Victron 70a mppt beside the monitors and a 24hrs USA online smart inverter which triggers the refrigerator programmed timers on 24hrs basis and hasn't gone off for about 4 years counting. I am partially offgrid as our grid supply is highly epileptic! I mentioned a while ago, my die-hard cyberpower only comes on basically for opportunistic high wattage loads, I treat it like a baby because the service parts is very rare smiley .. Yes you saw that high kw load rating because all those loads listed was ON and AC only came on when Fridge went OFF. Flood led and AC overnight read 800-830w overnight , only when AC compressor kicks in since am on 25-28° settings. When AC compressor cuts, I get roughly +/-70watts max on system display! Worst battery volt I have seen overnight is 23.5v mainly during dull weather which doest bother my bank at all, my inverters set depth of discharge is 21.5v min but I have never experienced low battery alarm nor shut down because i and my household are very practical about load management smiley... Cheer's

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Thanks Oga KieKie,

Please tell us more about the inverter bolded below.

Also, are the timers integrated into the inverter or they are normal external devices?

I would assume this inverter is low wattage or at least smaller than your CyberPower since you still prefer to use the CyberPower for your larger loads.

Finally how are you able to get a split 1.5hp AC (non inverter type) to consume 800 to 830watts? Or is it a different AC in use now?

Hmmn need to prepare for the above JAMB question by evening smiley... Am on supplies now

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaade21: 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2018
grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2018
Call us on 08066332919 for your Industrial Power Back Up equipment

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2018
Kilode! How can you say it's similar to this? Depending on the usage conditions and your ability to test, used batteries could be a good bargain.If you know the seller, the ultimate test is to run it for a day(24hrs)then pay
Oshomo12:
Buying used batteries is similar to you crossing an eight lane high way blind folded(99% chances of it not ending well).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2018
Exaggerated performance....If you know you know grin

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2018
Seconded!

The one sure way to test a battery is by a sustained load test. Under a suitably calibrated load, a battery's true capacity or lack thereof will quickly show

DMerciful:

Depending on the usage conditions and your ability to test, used batteries could be a good bargain.If you know the seller, the ultimate test is to run it for a day(24hrs)then pay
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2018
Oga Pharyn,

Well done and more power to your elbow! My only request is that you teach me (in private) how to land clients like these grin grin grin

One such job on a monthly basis should do me very well indeed!

More power and more grace Sir.

Pharyn:
Another Victron Ecosystem with BYD Lithium Battery Installation (with 10.8kWp Solar) is currently cooking, brought to you by ElektroPhaim Solar!

See the Solar Roof Plan and the Proposed wiring diagram for more information.

Stay tuned and we would update you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2018
pls does anyone have affordable 2pcs 200ah fairly used AGM battery that is still in very good condition for sale? pls contact valto2020@yahoo.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2018
Let it not be said that one man is trying to rain on another man's parade! But just to seek knowledge and ensure that all claims are put in their proper perspective, lest the readers be misinformed or deceived.

DMerciful:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2018
Valto:
pls does anyone have affordable 2pcs 200ah fairly used AGM battery that is still in very good condition for sale? pls contact valto2020@yahoo.com

yes o, i may have grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
beta agm batts barely used cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2018
earthrealm:

yes o, i may have grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
beta agm batts barely used cheesy cheesy grin grin
oga nawa oo. u no see me.. i jump am pass grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2018
DMerciful:
we know very well. No be today e start

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Let it not be said that one man is trying to rain on another man's parade! But just to seek knowledge and ensure that all claims are put in their proper perspective, lest the readers be misinformed or deceived.

He can get away with it on the other groups that are less informed but certainly not on this group as the gurus here can easily see through any exaggerated claims wink

I am sure you he will not respond again after you caught him out. On delivery supplies indeed cool

Frankie can never change his devious ways

11 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2018
Most of the good options (value & premium inverters and CCs) are within the 12v to 48v range.

Given that your batteries are 12v units you will find best battery balance at 12v but your maximum efficiency at 48v.

Borrowing from how 12v batteries in parallel stay better in sync with each other, one may contrive a similar arrangement with multiple parallel bank 24v or 48v battery setups by creating additional parallel links between each position in each bank. I will post a diagram in a bit.

This solution is not a cure all though, it solves a part of the problem but still leaves something unsolved. It has worked well for me so far vs. doing the conventional approach though.

olaade21:
You have 16 units of 12 volt 200 AH batteries. Simple Math. 16 x 12 volts x 200 AH = 38,400 watt hours period. You can arrange them as:

12 Volts: putting all 16 batteries in parallel strings which gives you 12 volts @ 3200 AH or 12 volts x 3200 AH = 38.400 Watt Hours

24 Volts: 2 in series and 8 parallel Strings which gives you 24 volts @ 1600 AH or 24 volts x 1600 AH = 38,400 Watt Hours

48 Volts: 4 in series and 4 parallel strings which gives you 48 volts @ 800 AH or 48 volts x 800 AH = 38,400 Watt Hours

96 Volts: 8 in series and 2 parallel strings which gives you 96 volts @ 400 AH or 96 Volts x 400 AH = 38,400 Watt Hours

192 Volts: All 16 in series which gives you 192 volts @ 200 AH or 196 volts x 200 AH = 38.400 Watt Hours.

See anything in common?

Series Voltage Adds
Parallel Current Adds
Power always adds. Every battery is 12 volts x 200 AH = 2400 watt hours. You have 16 of them or 16 x 2400 watt hours = 38,400 watt hours

Here is the bad news. The only good configuration is 196 volts. You really screwed up using parallel batteries. In about a year or less you will learn this lesson the good ole fashion way loosing lots of money when you have to replace the batteries. Don't make that mistake twice.

Saw this on an online forum and throwing it up to the Ogas in the house. Which do you believe is the best setup.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harveyspec: 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2018
good evening all, compliments of the season!!

I want to make a suggestion. I propose that the markerters who spam this thread with a long list of products should create a new thread & list all products/prices & update when necessary.

Then they should drop the link to that thread here. "contact us for your Solar need, for avaliable products/updated prices visit http:/......"

CAROLYN19 doesn't spam, he/she leaves a short message & that's it with occasional repost.

Its insulting that despite the outcry of contributors here, folks are still bent flooding the pages with adverts

12 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2018
Valto:
oga nawa oo. u no see me.. i jump am pass grin grin

Hahahaha.
Oga i see u wella.you no fit escape me grin grin
I get abt 4months gently used batts and 7months batts. grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
In fabulous condition..date of manufacture 2018. And late 2017.

Y u dey fear....y u no wan patronize me naaaauu grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaade21: 10:33pm On Dec 06, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Most of the good options (value & premium inverters and CCs) are within the 12v to 48v range.

Given that your batteries are 12v units you will find best battery balance at 12v but your maximum efficiency at 48v.

Borrowing from how 12v batteries in parallel stay better in sync with each other, one may contrive a similar arrangement with multiple parallel bank 24v or 48v battery setups by creating additional parallel links between each position in each bank. I will post a diagram in a bit.

This solution is not a cure all though, it solves a part of the problem but still leaves something unsolved. It has worked well for me so far vs. doing the conventional approach though.

Nice, looking forward to your post.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2018
earthrealm:

Hahahaha.
Oga i see u wella.you no fit escape me grin grin
I get abt 4months gently used batts and 7months batts. grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
In fabulous condition..date of manufacture 2018. And late 2017.

Y u dey fear....y u no wan patronize me naaaauu grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool

chai u no go kill me with laughter.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 12:00am On Dec 07, 2018
DMerciful:
Kilode! How can you say it's similar to this? Depending on the usage conditions and your ability to test, used batteries could be a good bargain.If you know the seller, the ultimate test is to run it for a day(24hrs)then pay

Lol grin
No mind me fa! I no dey near used batteries, except the ones used by me!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 7:06am On Dec 07, 2018
olaade21:

Beautiful. I like your explanation. What do you propose as the best home solution. 24v/48v, Series/Parallel for a 12v 200Ah battery setup.
If you're starting fresh, 48V is really good. It's the lowest current option for the typical home system. High current is the bane of electricity transmission because cable resistance is fairly constant. That leaves you with voltage to mess around with thus lowering your current. In addition, 48V will always require fewer strings if you use the same batteries (as opposed to 12v and 24V).

Think about your needs. If a 48V system will work for you (including consideration for DC devices or not), please go ahead with it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EricDManske(m): 7:07am On Dec 07, 2018
Locksmith Parkland focus on locksmith service and garage door repair with replacement and other maintenance services in Parkland. Call us and obtain our technicians with best expertise to figure your drawbacks of repair requirement.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 7:28am On Dec 07, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:

Often true but ... I have on occasion seen one bad cell in a single battery promptly spawn bad cells in parallel batteries. Case in question had a bank of 4 batteries in parallel. Things were good for a long while so I went to sleep. I didn't notice until 2 of them had irrecoverably bad cells. I went on to separate into 2 banks of 12v x 2 in dual parallel config. I believe I made a post about it on this forum.

From that experience, it became pretty apparent that 12V batteries are cool but they're just 2V x 6 batteries hard-wired together in a single string The moment you run them in parallel, you experience the same issues as 2V x6/4v x 3/6V x 2 batteries in parallel without the benefit of isolating the bad cell without removing the entire battery. If you believe in God, you might need to pray your bank doesn't develop rogue cells.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 7:52am On Dec 07, 2018
EricDManske:
Locksmith Parkland focus on locksmith service and garage door repair with replacement and other maintenance services in Parkland. Call us and obtain our technicians with best expertise to figure your drawbacks of repair requirement.
The Yoruba say, "a kì í j'èkuru kó tán l'ábọ́ kí ẹnìkan tún ma gbọn ọwọ́ si".

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 8:11am On Dec 07, 2018
Saipro:

Often true but ... I have on occasion seen one bad cell in a single battery promptly spawn bad cells in parallel batteries. Case in question had a bank of 4 batteries in parallel. Things were good for a long while so I went to sleep. I didn't notice until 2 of them had irrecoverably bad cells. I went on to separate into 2 banks of 12v x 2 in dual parallel config. I believe I made a post about it on this forum.

From that experience, it became pretty apparent that 12V batteries are cool but they're just 2V x 6 batteries hard-wired together in a single string The moment you run them in parallel, you experience the same issues as 2V x6/4v x 3/6V x 2 batteries in parallel without the benefit of isolating the bad cell without removing the entire battery. If you believe in God, you might need to pray your bank doesn't develop rogue cells.

The best config then is 2v(a cell) in series to form a battery. Thereafter continue with parallel and not exceeded 3strings.
Batteries and their wahala.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:43am On Dec 07, 2018
Call us now! 081-350-319-51..

Long batteries 200a ..... 120k

We always encourage our customers to start from a point , its a gradual process if budget is an issue!
Kindly view & like our video below and pardon the video quality smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNQuDoHxtis

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AidanGDunbar: 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2018
Orting Locksmith offers optimal locksmith and garage door repair solutions by trained technicians to assist you better standard. Call now and receive same day repair service. We fix all your requirement on the day you ask.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by S007: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2018
AidanGDunbar:
Orting Locksmith offers optimal locksmith and garage door repair solutions by trained technicians to assist you better standard. Call now and receive same day repair service. We fix all your requirement on the day you ask.

I hope this person can see. U better wake up from ur sleep, carry your locks and get out of our thread.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by surrogatesng: 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2018
Brand new 75ah deep cycle battery for sale.Call 08170368264

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (1678) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ojesymsym, Ferdiwar, isnigeriadead, Buchika and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.