Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:35 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (1990142 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1633) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hancock(m): 8:18am On Feb 14, 2019
For a 48v 200ah setup my felicity inverter draws about 120w/2.5A on idle.
Pretty high if you ask me

earthrealm:

does it have adjustable charging current knob as well?
anybody knows the idle consumption of this felicity?..abi its same range as its brother -- mustpower?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeartforGod: 9:12am On Feb 14, 2019
My Prag 24V 4kva inverter draws roughly 135w on idle, about 170w with moderate load (<500w) and draws roughly 200w when load on it is above 500w.

earthrealm:

anybody knows the idle consumption of this felicity?..abi its same range as its brother -- mustpower?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2019
efuro:

Ba3 type set. Thanks !

I love your service too
Keep it up sir

Thnk u sir, u can always bank on us and enjoy quality service
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:37am On Feb 14, 2019
earthrealm:

yeah, zeestone dey try most times - above naija average grin grin

Hahahahahaha grin the boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:41am On Feb 14, 2019
earthrealm:

Yeah charging current is adjustable, for the idle consumption, u won't expect anything less from a 5kva, though it's smaller compared to the likes of mustpower n co
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:43am On Feb 14, 2019
hancock:
For a 48v 200ah setup my felicity inverter draws about 120w/2.5A on idle.
Pretty high if you ask me

Oga at d top, u don 4get ur guy o grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:54am On Feb 14, 2019
UPDATED FELICITY PRODUCT PRICELIST!

Felicity Solar panels;
160w mono...........30,000
250w mono...........43,000
300w mono...........54,000
160w poly ............27,000
250w poly ............39,000
300w poly ............50,000

Felicity battery;
200ah .................95,000

Felicity inverters ;
2.5kva 24v.............115,000
3.5kva 24v .............155,000
4kv 48v...................165,000
5kva 48v ...............220,000 ONGOING PROMO N155,000
7.5kva 48v..............340,000

Felicity solar charge controllers 12-48v specs;
30a pwm..............20,000
40a pwm. ............25,000
50a pwm..............30,000
60a pwm..............35,000
40a mppt..............95,000
60a mppt .............120,000

KINDLY HURRY WHILE STOCK LASTS!

Contact,
Smartcellglobal services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///send?phone=2348170385620

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:55am On Feb 14, 2019
earthrealm:

No knob but pin-hole selectable which shows on the screen function selected.

On idle running, my volt meter has suddenly gone muddy to give me the power factor and amps consumed. it doesnt look scary as i have expected on my 400AH- 48v bank. However, am still studying it

I certainly like it's ability to regulate the inbuilt fan irrespective of the load profile. I want my inverter fan running always. I could not complete it's earthing to mains, the screws on the casing gave me a jolt. Unlike the previous microtek, emel, and Mopower(sukam) resting in my store.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 11:51am On Feb 14, 2019
Saipro:
The DC calibration on my 3kW 48V MustPower inverter has finally gone haywire. Showing 63.2V at a factual 57.0V absorb. It forces it to power down with an error 9. Over the years, it's been swinging between correct calibration to it's current absurd one.

I can lower absorb to 56.6V to make it usable but I've cracked out the spare Victron until I'm sure the MustPower won't burn down the house.

Any help?
It's rectified itself
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:53am On Feb 14, 2019
Yeah, poor isolation within those devices hence you get jolted if you touch some parts of the chassis - also the control board is very prone to damage due to lightning/surges so you better earth the inverter and do so fast so that all your problems go away in one fell swoop.

efuro:

No knob but pin-hole selectable which shows on the screen ...

I could not complete it's earthing to mains, the screws on the casing gave me a jolt. Unlike the previous microtek, emel, and Mopower(sukam) resting in my store.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
My Oga,

It appears this inverter has become an 'abiku' as they say in our language "f'oni ku, f'ola nde"

For my own case (randomly starts & stops charging) I am just gathering cash for an upgrade

Saipro:

It's rectified itself
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2019
zeestone99:

Yeah charging current is adjustable, for the idle consumption, u won't expect anything less from a 5kva, though it's smaller compared to the likes of mustpower n co

Just tell him to read the damn manual. undecided

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by duwdu: 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2019
Braaad:

This looks like a very strong work-horse.

Please, kindly share link to where item was purchased and shipped.

If you had already done so, kindly point me in the direction.

Thanks.

What I did was to write to: sales at mppsolar dot com as shown on mppsolar.com and got a response from a sales rep, Peggy, who took it up from there. Hope that helps.

If you still need a specific contact, please shoot me a PM.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2019
Holumiedey:

If you are still in need, i have a victron bmv700 i want to sell. Bought it for a client, but wouldn't be needing it any longer.
Thanks but I already own a fangpusun bmv 700
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 12:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
Oga Makavele! You have been missed!!!

Glad to have you back! grin grin grin

makavele:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 12:45pm On Feb 14, 2019
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Oga Makavele! You have been missed!!!

Glad to have you back! grin grin grin

Oga Niyi,

Thank you.

I decided to tow the path of the silent observer. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 1:17pm On Feb 14, 2019
Please let us talk - I may be interested in purchasing such an item in mint condition.

How may I reach you please?

Holumiedey:

If you are still in need, i have a victron bmv700 i want to sell. Bought it for a client, but wouldn't be needing it any longer.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2019
Do you need quality Industrial Power Back up equipment such as Gaston Battery, Liebert /Vertiv UPS, Xantrex, Outback or Artronics Inverter, and AVR

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 1:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
Thanks sir, grounding as been done.sharp sharp!

I just hope that the unit will not khaaa-put soon as it is struggling to power estimated load of 3kw (both inductive and resistive ).

NiyiOmoIyunade:
Yeah, poor isolation within those devices hence you get jolted if you touch some parts of the chassis - also the control board is very prone to damage due to lightning/surges so you better earth the inverter and do so fast so that all your problems go away in one fell swoop.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 2:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
You should be good at 3Kw of loads on the Felicity 5Kva - no issues at all. The Felicity will take it like a champ and even run cooler in this scenario.

The power board/inverter side of these Mustpower and allied clones are pretty rugged - where they frequently have issues is the control side - calibration, values drift, poor isolation in the circuitry, easily damaged by transient surges, fan control module failure e.t.c.

You will see for example the Felicity displays a flat input Hz reading of 50Hz regardless of the actual input value and slightly off voltages and SoC % readings - this will tell you how much attention they put into that side of things.

But have no fear at all - if anything ever breaks, their service center can usually fix it for you within an hour of your arrival and always for free if you are within warranty. This is where they excel vs our typical Alaba importers/sellers.

efuro:
Thanks sir, grounding as been done.sharp sharp!

I just hope that the unit will not khaaa-put soon as it is struggling to power estimated load of 3kw (both inductive and resistive ).

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 3:14pm On Feb 14, 2019
NiyiOmoIyunade:
My Oga,

It appears this inverter has become an 'abiku' as they say in our language "f'oni ku, f'ola nde"

For my own case (randomly starts & stops charging) I am just gathering cash for an upgrade

Oya com and buy victron grin I ll giv u discount
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2019
OYO is your case o big bros cheesy

You wanna sell salvation to an angel ba?

zeestone99:

Oya com and buy victron grin I ll giv u discount
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2019
NiyiOmoIyunade:
My Oga,

hello niyi,
why not just get yourself a premium inverter and save yourself all this stress.
i personally went through the whole learning curve starting with a locally made inverter,
then a chinese one and then an indian....until i finally got tired of all the wahala and got
a magnum inverter. since then it's been a hassle-free run for me. no worries about high
idle current draw, no worries about spurious trips, no worries about main boards failing
without notice...i seldom have anything to contribute when I hear of felicity and
mustpower issues because they're strange to me. solar shouldn't be this hard, i think.
join the best-in-class team bro, you know you can!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
You are correct my Oga.

But just that all these el cheapo inverters and devices give us a chance to exercise our engineering talent and push things to the limit - the learnings thus acquired from hard experience are invaluable.

I am definitely porting over to premium soon, just waiting for a milestone to give myself an excuse to purchase it grin grin grin

GeorgeD1:

hello niyi,
i personally went through the whole learning curve starting with a locally made inverter,
then a chinese one and then an indian....until i finally got tired of all the wahala and got
a magnum inverter. since then it's been a hassle-free run for me. no worries about high
idle current draw, no worries about spurious trips, no worries about main boards failing
without notice...i seldom have anything to contribute when I hear of felicity and
mustpower issues because they're strange to me. solar shouldn't be this hard, i think.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2019
earthrealm:

yeah, zeestone dey try most times - above naija average grin grin

I agree and he communicates well unlike some other seller that I know on this thread

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2019
GeorgeD1:

hello niyi,
Hi, what's the price of the Magnum inverter and where can I get it?

Can I use it without solar panels? That's only inverter and batteries cos I don't want to go solar yet.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
makavele:

Where have you been Oga
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
makavele:

Welcome boss smiley !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Hi, what's the price of the Magnum inverter and where can I get it?

Can I use it without solar panels? That's only inverter and batteries cos I don't want to go solar yet.

Magnum 4348v ...N920,000

Yes you can use inverter and battery as standalone power system design !

Smartcellglobal,
081-350-31951
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
kiekie1:

Where have you been Oga

Trying to be like you, Eze afia! angry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
makavele:

Trying to be like you, Eze afia! angry

Haha Nwanne Oge adiro Cha Cha smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:39pm On Feb 14, 2019
At this pricepoint, OP might be better off with a Victron 5Kva - premium brand, similar wattage and at least 100k less with a rich open source ecosystem for monitoring and control.

I think there is also the wonderful 'powerassist' feature in the Victron which the Magnum lacks ....

kiekie1:

Magnum 4348v ...N920,000

Yes you can use inverter and battery as standalone power system design !

Smartcellglobal,
081-350-31951

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1633) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: omonla5, dollarnaira, ojeysky(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.