Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2043468 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hotdealz(m): 9:05am On Jul 10, 2019
ceaser:

You can get by if you stick to that schedule. But i think part of the fun especially with lithium things is divesting yourself of the much stress of having to frequently baby sit that battery chemistry, for it tolerates more discharge abuse than the average lead acid chemistry. I think you having to constantly look out for when it reaches 12volts may not be fun enough. What even of you have to leave home when it's charging and you are not chanced to measure it?

I think a little curiosity about lithium BMSes and try DIYing some will be of great help.
I charge only once in a week and for roughly 5hours not stressful at all cos with the lithium battery, It takes several days for the fan to deplete its charge (I use only at night when there is no light) unlike that rubbish lead acid battery it came with that takes just 3hours to completely drain.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2019
Oshomo12:

Questions
Two fans and tv power constantly, for how long, eg 24/7?

What are the fans wattage?

Pumping 2hr, re u wiling to pump during the day only or u want to pump at night?

Inverter
A good 24v 2kva inverter will handle the work.

WHtas the rating of the pump, for you to advice him to get 2kva inverter??

@caecear, even though the dc pump is tempting as you can do without inverter, i still prefer an ac sumo pump..say 0.75hp, you can power it with a 3.5kva 24v/48v inverter with 4 x 200ah batts, and 6 x 250w panels, if you are afraid of not draining the batts at c/10, you can time your pumping to be during the day in good sunlight... the only drawback of a 0.75hp pump is its lower discharge volume.

the con of the dc pump is, should it develop fault, you cant easily get a replacement at a good price in the open market....unlike the ac pump, though you could manage this by ensuring you have 1 spare dc pump at all times
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:33am On Jul 10, 2019
What is the best recommendation for a standing fridge that is inverter friendly with a slightly big freezer compartment. I am looking at the lg inverter type or thermocool options.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
earthrealm:

WHtas the rating of the pump, for you to advice him to get 2kva inverter??

@caecear, even though the dc pump is tempting as you can do without inverter, i still prefer an ac sumo pump..say 0.75hp, you can power it with a 3.5kva 24v/48v inverter with 4 x 200ah batts, and 6 x 250w panels, if you are afraid of not draining the batts at c/10, you can time your pumping to be during the day in good sunlight... the only drawback of a 0.75hp pump is its lower discharge volume.

the con of the dc pump is, should it develop fault, you cant easily get a replacement at a good price in the open market....unlike the ac pump, though you could manage this by ensuring you have 1 spare dc pump at all times

He said 1hp which is equal to about 750 w, so 2 kav is ok. I ve a 1 hp submersible, 2 kva handles it easily, mine pulls around 680 w (max i have seen it pull).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
Oshomo12:

He said 1hp which is equal to about 750 w, so 2 kav is ok. I ve a 1 hp submersible, 2 kva handles it easily, mine pulls around 680 w (max i have seen it pull).

oh i didnt see that, i guess your inverter has a good surge rating??, maybe mustpower brand??
a 4kva/3kw mustpower brand has a surge rating of 9kw, hence it can power a 2hp or even 3hp motor/pump, as motors draw as high as 6x rated energy during startup.
so at OP, make sure your inverter has a good enough surge handling capability
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
The conversion is simple. Just open the UPS cover, connect two wires from the battery terminals inside the UPS to an external battery (s). Connect positive to positive and negative to negative. Your TV and Decoder can now run for hours.

How can i charge the UPS with solar, phcn, or gen; i mean the wiring. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2019
earthrealm:

oh i didnt see that, i guess your inverter has a good surge rating??, maybe mustpower brand??
a 4kva/3kw mustpower brand has a surge rating of 9kw, hence it can power a 2hp or even 3hp motor/pump, as motors draw as high as 6x rated energy during startup.

Thanks to earthrealm and Oshomo12.

Is your 2kw inverter Mustpower brand as earthrealm wagered? @ Oshomo12
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2019
earthrealm:

ceaser:

Thanks to earthrealm and Oshomo12.

Is your 2kw inverter Mustpower brand as earthrealm wagered? @ Oshomo12

Mustpower is good too, but I use Icellpower XX2 series, it is a decent inverter and have a good surge rating too. There is also the new model of 2.5kva, but I use the 2kva.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 5:30am On Jul 11, 2019
Is it possible to connect ups for charging battery? How can i connect ups to battery to power ac fans to use overnight?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 5:33am On Jul 11, 2019
Does anyone have an e-copy of luminous 900va inverter users manual. I bought it brand new but the person rhat got it for me misplaced the manual. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:11am On Jul 11, 2019
Oshomo12:

Mustpower is good too, but I use Icellpower XX2 series, it is a decent inverter and have a good surge rating too. There is also the new model of 2.5kva, but I use the 2kva.

Okay.
Would those 2kva series also be able to power a 1hp inverter AC, alone I mean?

Now there is this thing I am a little confused about. Is the ratings labelled on these inverters (kva) the continuous power rating or the surge rating? The reason for seeking clarification is that I notice some products on offer online give a labelled rating to their device which eventually turns out to be the surge ratings and this makes some buyers to complain in their reviews.

Is the standard expected rating on any inverter label the continuous power or the surge power?

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:16am On Jul 11, 2019
olaolu11:
Does anyone have an e-copy of luminous 900va inverter users manual. I bought it brand new but the person rhat got it for me misplaced the manual. Thanks.

Search online using the model number on carton or inverter itself
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:20am On Jul 11, 2019
olaolu11:

The conversion is simple. Just open the UPS cover, connect two wires from the battery terminals inside the UPS to an external battery (s). Connect positive to positive and negative to negative. Your TV and Decoder can now run for hours.

How can i charge the UPS with solar, phcn, or gen; i mean the wiring. Thanks

Your Inverter battery wires are too tiny to carry much current for a long time that is over 10 minutes.. you may have to rewire using a bigger one.
Effects power loss, as well as possible damage..

Why not get an Inverter.. that are built to work continuously as well as effectively charge the battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:42am On Jul 11, 2019
olaolu11:

i have the hardcopy of the 850va luminous hybrid inverter, could scan and upload, if you think it would be of help
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2019
Dam5reey:

Your Inverter battery wires are too tiny to carry much current for a long time that is over 10 minutes.. you may have to rewire using a bigger one.
Effects power loss, as well as possible damage..

Why not get an Inverter.. that are built to work continuously as well as effectively charge the battery

Yes you're right ! He can simply get a Famicare msw 12v inverter with inbuilt charger which we sell within 25k range and save himself the stress of ups battery cable conversions, improvised fan, external intelligent charger expenses etc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 11:02am On Jul 11, 2019
Quanta Battery 200AH 120k.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2019
Bossman! Breaking price barriers since 1965.

You put us out of business for the battery balancers and I see same coming for Quanta batteries.

Luckily I don't carry much inventory so very happy to buy from you at this juicy price.

primefaith1:
Quanta Battery 200AH 120k.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
NiyiOmoIyunade:

You put us out of business for the battery balancers and I see same coming for Quanta batteries.

Luckily I don't carry much inventory so very happy to buy from you at this juicy price.

My Oga, you know every. Always trying to help out.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
NiyiOmoIyunade:

My Oga, you know every. Always trying to help out.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2019
Quanta have put out a disclaimer of their fake batteries going around as theirs. Truth is the battery looks so identical. If I'm to even confirm authenticity with my bare eyes, I will fail the test.
Only with the serial number will i be able to know if it's genuine.

Sellers should thread carefully, buyers should also buy from trusted source.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2019
The price of Quanta battery 200AH is 117k from the Indian importer.What is the justification of selling 130k?

13 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 5:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
undecided grin

All I see is marketing strategy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
kiekie1:

Yes you're right ! He can simply get a Famicare msw 12v inverter with inbuilt charger which we sell within 25k range and save himself the stress of ups battery cable conversions, improvised fan, external intelligent charger expenses etc

What waveform does the inverter deliver? pure or modified?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2019
AFAIK, there is no Quanta presence here, only accredited reps, importers and dealers. The foreign source is happy to sell to anyone willing to buy and bear the risks of naija importation.

A genuine battery is probably best known by establishing an unbroken chain of custody from the original manufacturer to your point of purchase.

We should allow informed buyers to test new sources and verify genuineness as healthy competition is very good for bringing down end user costs.

zeestone99:
Quanta have put out a disclaimer of their fake batteries going around as theirs. Truth is the battery looks so identical. If I'm to even confirm authenticity with my bare eyes, I will fail the test.
Only with the serial number will i be able to know if it's genuine.

Sellers should thread carefully, buyers should also buy from trusted source.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2019
eleojo23:

Modified !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:34pm On Jul 11, 2019
ceaser:

Okay.
Would those 2kva series also be able to power a 1hp inverter AC, alone I mean?

Now there is this thing I am a little confused about. Is the ratings labelled on these inverters (kva) the continuous power rating or the surge rating? The reason for seeking clarification is that I notice some products on offer online give a labelled rating to their device which eventually turns out to be the surge ratings and this makes some buyers to complain in their reviews.

Is the standard expected rating on any inverter label the continuous power or the surge power?

Thanks.

Guys.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
eleojo23:

All those famicare 25k inverter that looks like some locally assembled stuff with analogue meters are modified o.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 7:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
ceaser:

All those famicare 25k inverter that looks like some locally assembled stuff with analogue meters are modified o.

I thought as much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2019
primefaith1:
The price of Quanta battery 200AH is 117k from the Indian importer.What is the justification of selling 130k?

primefaith,
since no one has volunteered an answer, i will.

long answer cut short: greed.

it's the same reason why we haven't made progress as a nation.

imagine the price difference: 117k - 130k! i'm sure even the manufacturer doesn't make that much profit
on a single unit of production after discounting cost of raw materials and overheads.

11 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
GeorgeD1:

primefaith,
since no one has volunteered an answer, i will.

long answer cut short: greed.

it's the same reason why we haven't made progress as a nation.

imagine the price difference: 117k - 130k! i'm sure even the manufacturer doesn't make that much profit
on a single unit of production after discounting cost of raw materials and overheads.
Anything for a sale. No morals and values of fairness. Ready to shove down any crap and price on unsuspecting buyers

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dragnet: 8:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
Oshomo12:

The icell is transformer based right? what's the idle consumption and does it have battery voltage selectors ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
NiyiOmoIyunade:
AFAIK, there is no Quanta presence here, only accredited reps, importers and dealers. The foreign source is happy to sell to anyone willing to buy and bear the risks of naija importation.

A genuine battery is probably best known by establishing an unbroken chain of custody from the original manufacturer to your point of purchase.

We should allow informed buyers to test new sources and verify genuineness as healthy competition is very good for bringing down end user costs.

Lol grin Not only quanta, Most companies are not here but have a main distributor. Now I'm saying what I have seen, there is another quanta replica called Lantan or so. These replica look alike that the sharp guys only needs to paste quanta stickers on the battery, change the carton and they are good to go. For now quanta have one accredited distributor, If you say there are other people that imports it, then the buyers should at least be properly guided and informed so they know what risk they are taking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: adeshina36(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.