Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,396 members, 7,781,136 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (1990822 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (1634) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2019
Dishtech:

1. It is not expensive 40A PWM #20k here in Abuja, but I ordered it from AliExpress around #7k.
2. Am disconnecting battery supply to the inverter.
3. Relays are rated like 15A/16VDC, 25A/16VDC, etc. So if for instance your total Load requirement is 300watts and your battery system is 12v, 300÷12=25A so either one relay of 25A/16VDC or two relays of 15A/16VDC connected in parallel to share the current drowned from the battery. For larger load contactor may be employed.

The sort of paralleling you've done isn't really standard though it is yet to fail, the relays are not "sucking in" amps so paralleling them doesn't mean they'll share the load during breaking of the circuit, one could even trip before the other.
It is better and safer you disconnect your load, you can still use the light load of your pwm with this contactor.
TOCT1 2P 25A DC 12V 24V coil 220V/230V 50/60HZ Din rail Household ac Modular contactor 2NO
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/33cTtEw4
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mahkanjuh: 5:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
mctfopt:

4 batteries of 200ah batteries at between 80k to 140k each

One 1.5kva pure sinewave Inverter at between 70k to 130k

Six 300w panel at between 40k to 70k

One charge controller at between 50k to 100k

Breakers/wires at between 15k to 25k

Installation cost is dependent on installer.

Notice I gave a range, for something specific contact an installer. Thank you.
Thanks very much sire, I am grateful

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 8:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
Dishtech:

1. It is not expensive 40A PWM #20k here in Abuja, but I ordered it from AliExpress around #7k.
2. Am disconnecting battery supply to the inverter.
3. Relays are rated like 15A/16VDC, 25A/16VDC, etc. So if for instance your total Load requirement is 300watts and your battery system is 12v, 300÷12=25A so either one relay of 25A/16VDC or two relays of 15A/16VDC connected in parallel to share the current drowned from the battery. For larger load contactor may be employed.
why don't you use an automotive relay, like this type rated for 30amps

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harizonal123(m): 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2019
This is my inverter below. Pls I would like to know if it is pure sine wave or modified sine wave. I can't find where it is written. I heard modified sine wave is not too good for electronics in the long run. How true?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2019
harizonal123:
This is my inverter below. Pls I would like to know if it is pure sine wave or modified sine wave. I can't find where it is written. I heard modified sine wave is not too good for electronics in the long run. How true?

It is a modified sign wave inverter

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harizonal123(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2019
mctfopt:

It is a modified sign wave inverter
What r the disadvantages?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2019
harizonal123:

What r the disadvantages?

It affects the running of motors such as in fans, blenders, electric motors, etc. Some TV also behaves erratically by showing flickers. One of the main advantage of the modified system is that it is CHEAP and with the rugged economy of Nigeria, THAT is an awesome selling point. So if you ain't planning to run sensitive equipment on it, you are good to go. cool

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harizonal123(m): 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2019
mctfopt:

It affects the running of motors such as in fans, blenders, electric motors, etc. Some TV also behaves erratically by showing flickers. One of the main advantage of the modified system is that it is CHEAP and with the rugged economy of Nigeria, THAT is an awesome selling point. So if you ain't planning to run sensitive equipment on it, you are good to go. cool
I love my TV so much and I don't want any fault. Let me go to AliExpress to search for cheap pure sine wave. I nor fit shout.
This solar journey has not been easy so far. Just making mistakes and buying everything twice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2019
harizonal123:

I love my TV so much and I don't want any fault. Let me go to AliExpress to search for cheap pure sine wave. I nor fit shout.
This solar journey has not been easy so far. Just making mistakes and buying everything twice

before u buy discuss for others view. seek counsel, it will save u headaches. solar sweet

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harizonal123(m): 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2019

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2019
harizonal123:

Don't let money pursue you bros. You can get your items one at a time. Once damaged you will still buy another one. before you say jack you have spent more than you should spend if you had gotten the pure sine wave. These kind of inverters are not really strong.With 45k I can give you a solid 1kva inverter.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2019
BetaTechnicians:

The sort of paralleling you've done isn't really standard though it is yet to fail, the relays are not "sucking in" amps so paralleling them doesn't mean they'll share the load during breaking of the circuit, one could even trip before the other.
It is better and safer you disconnect your load, you can still use the light load of your pwm with this contactor.
TOCT1 2P 25A DC 12V 24V coil 220V/230V 50/60HZ Din rail Household ac Modular contactor 2NO
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/33cTtEw4

From submissions, I said a contactor can be used for larger load, mind that most of what I used to sorted from electronic scrap because I don't have much for what I know can give me what I want.
As I said the total capacity is more than twice the total required current drowned. This gives room for support.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2019
Penuelseun:
why don't you use an automotive relay, like this type rated for 30amps

Yes it can be used but those relays are free.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 6:23am On Sep 01, 2019
Ahyjo:
Good afternoon. Pls experts in the house should weigh in on this:
Hoppecke or Quanta or Monbat

From your experience, which is the best amongst the three batteries? Thank you.

Quanta mostly because of support. I rate a decent product with great support over a great product with so so support. Quanta has been known to always honor their warranty and have official presence in all major cities first class cities in Nigeria. This means if you have issues with them you are not at the mercy of a marketer but dealing with the real company (not someone who bought their franchise) directly. Hoppecke would come in second just because it is the greatest of them all being a grade A solar product from Germany. I can not however say about their support in Nigeria.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Malevonent: 8:15am On Sep 01, 2019
So, am having challenges setting up this mppt cc.
In absorbtion and float t time, what setting should i put in hrs.its currently on 0.
Who is using this cc fangpusun mppt 50d with inbuilt screen, an d generating optimum capacity from it?.
Am not. I have 2 x 250w mono panel in series. 1 x 12v 200ah batt. 850va 12 inverter

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 9:43am On Sep 01, 2019
harizonal123:
From experience. modified sine way

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 9:44am On Sep 01, 2019
pure sine way

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 9:48am On Sep 01, 2019
The modified last for 2yrs. The pure last for 3 months. if you want cheap, save and durable inverter go for ups inverter.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:11am On Sep 01, 2019
harizonal123:

brother,
the bolded is something almost every solar enthusiast here can relate to.
the reason being that solar power as an aspect of renewable energy is an ever evolving industry.
there is no single template or blueprint to guide newbies as they try to grasp the different challenges
thrown at them during their start up years.
we all made mistakes along the way and we ended up buying most solar items we own today twice.
myself started with a locally made modified sine wave inverter which nearly set fire to my house,
before buying a chinese made inverter, which was also modified sine wave, and then another inverter
before finally deciding to get a high end inverter.
every enthusiast has their own story and we learn along the way.
most importantly however, you must be ready to read extensively whatever info you can find,
whether on the internet or other places. and, of course ask, ask and ask if not sure. this will will help
you avoid making mistakes some of which may be both costly and life-threatening.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2019
Malevonent:
So, am having challenges setting up this mppt cc.
In absorbtion and float t time, what setting should i put in hrs.its currently on 0.
Who is using this cc fangpusun mppt 50d with inbuilt screen, an d generating optimum capacity from it?.
Am not. I have 2 x 250w mono panel in series. 1 x 12v 200ah batt. 850va 12 inverter
i use something very similar. it does not really work well on a 12V system.(i av tried it on 12V with 4pcs 200w mono panels, not impressive) if u can get a 24v inverter, 1 more battery and 2 more panels and reconfigure it. then u will enjoy that CC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2019
Deluxe8000:
The modified last for 2yrs. The pure last for 3 months. if you want cheap, save and durable inverter go for ups inverter.
yes inverter ups is good cheap and rugged.it have a very low self consumption(i still use one, even though i have a 3kva mustpower) u can get one for 3k, then buy a very good cheap battery charger for 11k, then u are good to good.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harizonal123(m): 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2019
Valto:
yes inverter ups is good cheap and rugged.it have a very low self consumption(i still use one, even though i have a 3kva mustpower) u can get one for 3k, then buy a very good cheap battery charger for 11k, then u are good to good.
How would you classify ups inverter & how does it work? Pix of connection pls
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ahyjo: 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2019
Experts please pardon my excessive questions but batteries cost a fortune and with the current economy I’m trying to make the best possible decision. Which is the best system:
1. 4 x 6V batteries of 200AH each or
1. 2 x 12V batteries of 200AH each

Both in a 12V system.
In short, is there an advantage of buying 6V over 12Vs?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
Ahyjo:
Experts please pardon my excessive questions but batteries cost a fortune and with the current economy I’m trying to make the best possible decision. Which is the best system:

Both in a 12V system.

from experience I advise you go for 24v system. 12v setup in anyway is cagey. restructure your cost. u can use 100/150a,12v batr (quanta o!). u can do 1.5kva wt this. see below

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2019
Valto:

But UPS is still modified sine wave especially the 12v 650va type.

I have an APC 650UPS which burnt my phone charger and made energy saving led bulbs emit a humming sound.

I just got a 600W pure sine wave inverter from Ali and the led bulbs don't emit that humming sound anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2019
GeorgeD1:

brother,
the bolded is something almost every solar enthusiast here can relate to.
the reason being that solar power as an aspect of renewable energy is an ever evolving industry.
there is no single template or blueprint to guide newbies as they try to grasp the different challenges
thrown at them during their start up years.
we all made mistakes along the way and we ended up buying most solar items we own today twice.
myself started with a locally made modified sine wave inverter which nearly set fire to my house,
before buying a chinese made inverter, which was also modified sine wave, and then another inverter
before finally deciding to get a high end inverter.
every enthusiast has their own story and we learn along the way.
most importantly however, you must be ready to read extensively whatever info you can find,
whether on the internet or other places. and, of course ask, ask and ask if not sure. this will will help
you avoid making mistakes some of which may be both costly and life-threatening.

You are right...I am still doing experiments with this inverter stuff.
Hopefully before I build my own house in the near future (by God's grace cheesy), I would have figured out what I want because for me, inverter is going to be part of the building plan and cost! If I never install inverter, then e mean say I never build the house finish...grin

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2019
eleojo23:

But UPS is still modified sine wave especially the 12v 650va type.

I have an APC 650UPS which burnt my phone charger and made energy saving led bulbs emit a humming sound.

I just got a 600W pure sine wave inverter from Ali and the led bulbs don't emit that humming sound anymore.
apc 650 ups is modified sine wave. i used 12V 1200kva bluegate and i think its okay. but currently i av been using APC 1500VA 24V ups and i can tell u that it is a PURE SINE WAVE. it works very well with all my appliances(blenders, normal ac fan and even fridge)

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
Valto:
apc 650 ups is modified sine wave. i used 12V 1200kva bluegate and i think its okay. but currently i av been using APC 1500VA 24V ups and i can tell u that it is a PURE SINE WAVE. it works very well with all my appliances(blenders, normal ac fan and even fridge)

That's good then. But it seems the 1500va version is not as common as the 650va
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 3:05pm On Sep 01, 2019
Ahyjo:

Both in a 12V system.
i think 2pcs of 12V 200ah is better. 4pcs of 6V in a 12V setup will be complicated.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ola28: 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2019
Hello house

4 pieces of used 300w poly yingli solar panel for sale

@35k each

pls contact ola on 09057285592

ThANKS

ONLY 2 LEFT

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (1634) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Hero2t, awoofquality, Obnoxious2001(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.