Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042318 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (1678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2019
Thanks for the link @ceaser
That first one looks good but 49k, hmm...cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2019
eleojo23:
Thanks for the link @ceaser

That first one looks good but 49k, hmm...cheesy

NGN 17,389.23 52%OFF | 1500W Pure Sine Wave Inverter DC12V/24V/48V To AC220V 50HZ Power Converter Booster For Car Inverter Household DIY
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/OazTl4d2

Whosoever is interested in cheap PSW Inverter should try the above, it's pure sine wave and quite affordable, I got it from Jumia for 23k, but it's cheaper from AliExpress

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
saint2ace:

NGN 17,389.23 52%OFF | 1500W Pure Sine Wave Inverter DC12V/24V/48V To AC220V 50HZ Power Converter Booster For Car Inverter Household DIY
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/OazTl4d2

Whosoever is interested in cheap PSW Inverter should try the above, it's pure sine wave and quite affordable, I got it from Jumia for 23k, but it's cheaper from AliExpress

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2019
eleojo23:

Thanks

U're welcome sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:48am On Sep 03, 2019
ceaser:

I assume these UPS output Modified Sane Wave and not PSW. Is that correct?
my current APC 24V 1500VA is Pure sine wave, but am not sure about others.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NotBeenPaid: 4:39pm On Sep 03, 2019

smiley
How much would it cost to setup a solar system for a one room apartment please?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by orkman(m): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by orkman(m): 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
Valto:
my current APC 24V 1500VA is Pure sine wave, but am not sure about others.
@Valto, pls where can I buy APC 24v 1500va ups and suoer 30ah charger.
How much is the cost
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
orkman:

@Valto, pls where can I buy APC 24v 1500va ups and suoer 30ah charger.
How much is the cost
8 or 9k @ arena oshodi. u can get the 12V charger at olosha/idi oro mushin for 11k, though i dont know if they av the 24V version.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2019
Valto:
apc 650 ups is modified sine wave. i used 12V 1200kva bluegate and i think its okay. but currently i av been using APC 1500VA 24V ups and i can tell u that it is a PURE SINE WAVE. it works very well with all my appliances(blenders, normal ac fan and even fridge)
If it's the same as the APC 1500VA I have in storage, that device is awesome! To boot, it has AVR functions. If only it had excellent surge handling capabilities. Alas, it's but a online UPS.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2019
GeorgeD1:

brother,
the bolded is something almost every solar enthusiast here can relate to.
the reason being that solar power as an aspect of renewable energy is an ever evolving industry.
there is no single template or blueprint to guide newbies as they try to grasp the different challenges
thrown at them during their start up years.
we all made mistakes along the way and we ended up buying most solar items we own today twice.
myself started with a locally made modified sine wave inverter which nearly set fire to my house,
before buying a chinese made inverter, which was also modified sine wave, and then another inverter
before finally deciding to get a high end inverter.
every enthusiast has their own story and we learn along the way.
most importantly however, you must be ready to read extensively whatever info you can find,
whether on the internet or other places. and, of course ask, ask and ask if not sure. this will will help
you avoid making mistakes some of which may be both costly and life-threatening.
... and I'm still buying some things ... twice!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2019
Saipro:

... and I'm still buying some things ... twice!

grin grin smiley smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
earthrealm:

My take is for you to be careful.
Fangpusun isnt paying you any money for advertising/using their products...and wudnt come to your defense if things go south...
I believe fangpusun stole victons software/tech from the americans, tweaked it , repackaged n rebranded it. Theft is theft...Victron may be willing to spend in excess of $200k to squash lil guys like you/teach them a lesson, and it doesnt affect their balance sheet, meanwhile $200k may impact seriously on your company
Dont be a little guy caught inbetween a fight between 2 big guys..
There's wisdom in towing this line.

ceaser:

What in solar world is wrong with this dude? He is so full of himself. Is he a white guy?

Hear him going I am the representative for Nigeria, bla bla bla, as if this attitude of his has not robbed him of enough patronage from Nigeria.

I am sure if they found out, his bosses back at where ever they are will not be too happy with his foolishness and intimidation when saner approaches could have ensured better consequences.
He's toeing a dangerous line. It's typical of execs to attempt a highhanded approach then, upon failing, seek meeker methods thereafter. It's a big guy-looking-down-on-the-little-guy scenario. Except in this instance, the big guy might end up contending with a whole subcontinent.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by terrymason(m): 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

smiley
How much would it cost to setup a solar system for a one bathroom apartment please?

be explicit on the appliance you want to run on the system.... a one room apartment might have just a bulb or a heavy machine...

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harizonal123(m): 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2019
Will it be proper if I connection my inverter to ou+ and ou- instead my battery terminals?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NotBeenPaid: 9:17pm On Sep 03, 2019
terrymason:
be explicit on the appliance you want to run on the system.... a one room apartment might have just a bulb or a heavy machine...

A TV, decoder, 5 light bulbs, laptop, phone, refrigerator(optional), rechargeable standing fan.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

A TV, decoder, 5 light bulbs, laptop, phone, refrigerator(optional), rechargeable standing fan.

To enable you get a very accurate recommendation,
provide additional details like.
1. How many inches is the TV?
2. Gotv Decoder?
3. How many watts is each of the light bulbs?
4. A snapshot of the laptop adapter if possible to tell the approximate power consumption
5. How many watts does the fridge consume? (Check the label on the back or by the side)
6. How many watts does your rechargeable fan consume while charging/plugged in?

These details will help to calculate your entire load and how long you can run them on the setup that will be recommended.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NotBeenPaid: 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2019
eleojo23:

To enable you get a very accurate recommendation,
provide additional details like.
1. How many inches is the TV?
2. Gotv Decoder?
3. How many watts is each of the light bulbs?
4. A snapshot of the laptop adapter if possible to tell the approximate power consumption
5. How many watts does the fridge consume? (Check the label on the back or by the side)
6. How many watts does your rechargeable fan consume while charging/plugged in?

These details will help to calculate your entire load and how long you can run them on the setup that will be recommended.

1. 20watt 24" TV
2. GoTV
3. 5watt x 5bulbs
4. Laptop input -> 18.5Vdc = 3.50A / 19.5Vdc = 3.33A (inscribed on the back of the laptop)
5. 90w for Refrigerator
6. 15w rechargeable fan

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by terrymason(m): 10:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

The inverter won't be more than 500watts/12v Considering the load you mentioned, excluding the refrigerator. If you wanna add your fridge, kindly take note of the watt and surge(when the compressor is picking up, it draws lot of power for few seconds)...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by terrymason(m): 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
harizonal123:
Will it be proper if I connection my inverter to ou+ and ou- instead my battery terminals?
connect to your battery terminals
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by orkman(m): 10:15pm On Sep 03, 2019
Valto:
8 or 9k @ arena oshodi. u can get the 12V charger at olosha/idi oro mushin for 11k, though i dont know if they av the 24V version.
thanks for quick reply. I appreciate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

1. 20watt 24" TV
2. GoTV
3. 5watt x 5bulbs
4. Laptop input -> 18.5Vdc = 3.50A / 19.5Vdc = 3.33A (inscribed on the back of the laptop)
5. 90w for Refrigerator
6. 15w rechargeable fan

From your appliances, your total load is about 208Watts i.e if we consider only the 90w of the fridge because in actual sense, the fridge may draw more than that (up to 500w) for a few seconds when it is switched on. It's called surge power.

So I will do this calculation without the fridge. That brings the load down to about 120W.

A 1kva inverter and 200ah battery will run all the appliances concurrently for about 7-8hrs.

Price
- 1kva or 1000W pure sine wave inverter with built-in charger goes for around 40-60k (there are cheaper Chinese versions without chargers that go for like 15-25k online. You have to buy external battery charger that costs about 11-15k)

-A single unit of brand new 200ah battery goes for between 80-120k depending on brand and quality.
So that leaves you with a budget of of about 95 - 110k.

Note: I did not include solar panels and I calculated the price using 200ah battery. You can go for a 100ah battery which is cheaper (around 40 - 60k approximately) but your run time will be reduced to around 4hrs if you run all appliances together at once (minus the fridge of course)

If you are on a tight budget, the amount you will spend can be further reduced but you have to compromise a little on the quality of the components of your setup.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 10:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
pls I need an inverter and battery that can carry a load of 3500watts
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NotBeenPaid: 10:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
eleojo23:

From your appliances, your total load is about 208Watts i.e if we consider only the 90w of the fridge because in actual sense, the fridge may draw more than that (up to 500w) for a few seconds when it is switched on. It's called surge power.

So I will do this calculation without the fridge. That brings the load down to about 120W.

A 1kva inverter and 200ah battery will run all the appliances concurrently for about 7-8hrs.

Price
- 1kva or 1000W pure sine wave inverter with built-in charger goes for around 40-60k (there are cheaper Chinese versions without chargers that go for like 15-25k online. You have to buy external battery charger that costs about 11-15k)

-A single unit of brand new 200ah battery goes for between 80-120k depending on brand and quality.
So that leaves you with a budget of of about 95 - 110k.

Note: I did not include solar panels and I calculated the price using 200ah battery. You can go for a 100ah battery which is cheaper (around 40 - 60k approximately) but your run time will be reduced to around 4hrs if you run all appliances together at once (minus the fridge of course)

If you are on a tight budget, the amount you will spend can be further reduced but you have to compromise a little on the quality of the components of your setup.
terrymason:

The inverter won't be more than 500watts/12v Considering the load you mentioned, excluding the refrigerator. If you wanna add your fridge, kindly take note of the watt and surge(when the compressor is picking up, it draws lot of power for few seconds)...

Thanks Chiefs.

With the solar panel, how much would I be looking at?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 10:35pm On Sep 03, 2019
emyfine08:
pls I need an inverter and battery that can carry a load of 3500watts

For how many hours?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

Thanks Chiefs.

With the solar panel, how much would I be looking at?

Add like 30k to the budget 'cos you need to get solar panel and charge controller. It could be costlier than this but this amount should be able to get you something decent.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 10:47pm On Sep 03, 2019
eleojo23:

For how many hours?

12hours
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 10:55pm On Sep 03, 2019
emyfine08:

12hours

Continuously? O boy! shocked

You will need to dedicate a room to your setup o because if you use a 12v system, you will need about 40 pieces of 200ah batteries! The price of batteries alone is about 4Million+

Wait for more input from the veterans on this thread, they might have a way around it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NotBeenPaid: 11:21pm On Sep 03, 2019
eleojo23:

Add like 30k to the budget 'cos you need to get solar panel and charge controller. It could be costlier than this but this amount should be able to get you something decent.

I'm really grateful. Thank you

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ahyjo: 1:48am On Sep 04, 2019
eleojo23:

Continuously? O boy! shocked

You will need to dedicate a room to your setup o because if you use a 12v system, you will need about 40 pieces of 200ah batteries! The price of batteries alone is about 4Million+

Wait for more input from the veterans on this thread, they might have a way around it.

O boy. Maybe get 5KVA 96V then 5 strings of 8 x 200AH batteries. Making up 40 batteries or 5KVA 120V with 4 strings of 10 x 200AH. I dunno �‍♀️

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (1678) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: TechGeek777, obinna37(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.