Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,788 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2032315 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (1667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dragnet: 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2019
generationz:
Hello,

How many batteries can a 650va ups and 1500va ups carry comfortably?

by "carry" do you mean charge? if Yes, then if it isn't the inbuilt battery, you'll need to use an external charger to deliver sufficient charge.
and the batteries could be either a single 12V battery or 2x 12V battery depending on the input voltage of the ups.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2019
dragnet:

by "carry" do you mean charge? if Yes, then if it isn't the inbuilt battery, you'll need to use an external charger to deliver sufficient charge.
and the batteries could be either a single 12V battery or 2x 12V battery depending on the input voltage of the ups.

I meant connect. How many batteries can one connect to a 650va ups and a 1500va ups, respectively?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2019
generationz:

I meant connect. How many batteries can one connect to a 650va ups and a 1500va ups, respectively?

You can connect as many batteries you want to the 650va as long as the voltage is kept at 12v through parallel connection.

The same goes for the 1500va but the voltage of that one has to be kept at 24v through series connection or a combo of series and parallel if you have many batteries.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
eleojo23:

You can connect as many batteries you want to the 650va as long as the voltage is kept at 12v through parallel connection.

The same goes for the 1500va but the voltage of that one has to be kept at 24v through series connection or a combo of series and parallel if you have many batteries.
Okay thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
generationz:

You are not concerned about recharging the batteries??. most ups under 1000va produce max 7ampc charging current, though avergae is 3amps, so unless you have an external charger, the ups will be unable to charge the large nos of battery you connect to it

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2019
earthrealm:

You are not concerned about recharging the batteries??. most ups under 1000va produce max 7ampc charging current, though avergae is 3amps, so unless you have an external charger, the ups will be unable to charge the large nos of battery you connect to it

Well I intend to get a charger. I just want to know if with all that I can use a 650va ups with two 40ah batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
generationz:

Well I intend to get a charger. I just want to know if with all that I can use a 650va ups with two 40ah batteries?

Yes you can.

Just connect them in parallel to get double capacity (80ah)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2019
eleojo23:

Yes you can.

Okay.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2019
eleojo23:

Yes you can.

What capacity of charge controller and solar panel will be ideal for 80ah capacity?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 3:21am On Sep 06, 2019
dgr8truth:

Though it work as an inverter the efficency will make you reconsider using an inverter. Use a meter, read the power drawn from from the battery and actual power being consume from the ac side.

Very true. The small apc ups i use has a 60% efficiency rate. My load on it is very light anyway so i can manage with it. At the back of my mind tho i know im wasting scarce energy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 3:27am On Sep 06, 2019
eleojo23:

That series diagram is wrong oh. The yellow line goes straight out as your negative terminal without touching the second battery's terminal....You may want to delete that pix so that someone doesn't use it and burn his house down. Biko oh.

Modify: just checked again. The positive terminal is wrong too..

Series connection is out+<••••••+-+-•••••>- out

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 6:17am On Sep 06, 2019
Trippledots:

That series diagram is wrong oh. The yellow line goes straight out as your negative terminal without touching the second battery's terminal....You may want to delete that pix so that someone doesn't use it and burn his house down. Biko oh.

Modify: just checked again. The positive terminal is wrong too..

Series connection is out+<••••••+-+-•••••>- out

I have replaced it with a better image. thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:25am On Sep 06, 2019
8 units gennex 200ah used batteries available. 40k each. 6 units remaining.
Batteries used with magnum inverter for over a year with 50% dod.

Reason for sale - upgrade.
Call/whatapp 08117398294 to order.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funken: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2019
Gurus, I have a Fangpusun 150/70 with a 48v 200ah Ritar AGM battery bank (8 batteries), 9 250w solar panels in 3s3p configuration and I am experiencing it going into float prematurely - hence it does not fully charge the batteries. If I am lucky it charges it up to 53.7v I have read online that this is a problem with the algorithm as it senses the voltage at sun up and uses it to calculate how long absorption time will be.
Absorption voltage currently set to 56v and float is 55.4v.

Is there a workaround that one can adopt? I see they have resolved this in the Victron v1.42 firmware but as we are stuck with the v1.16 what can one do?

cc @earthrealm
@GeorgeD1
@SolnergyPower
@NiyiOmoIyunade
@bigrovar
@ zeestone99
@pranil
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funken: 10:29am On Sep 06, 2019
You can as well take your multimeter to the shop to try and measure the voltage/current from the panels.

But since for example, 250w panels are an average of 29-40k, I will advise you to go for the new ones since these used ones are always like a 5-8k difference.

generationz:

His can one know the history of a panel? I intend to buy from any random shop that sells.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2019
Are you a retailer or end user? Call us on 08066332919 for Gaston Batteries, Emerson n Leums UPS, Stavol Stabilizers and Xantrex n Outback Inverters. We have offices in Lagos and Abuja. We deliver nationwide.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Horlaarsco: 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2019
Will 1kva inverter work for this??

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2019
8 units gennex 200ah used agm battery. 4 units remaining.

40k discounted price.

Reason for sale. Upgrade.

Call/whatapp 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dkev: 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
funken:
Gurus, I have a Fangpusun 150/70 with a 48v 200ah Ritar AGM battery bank (8 batteries), 9 250w solar panels in 3s3p configuration and I am experiencing it going into float prematurely - hence it does not fully charge the batteries. If I am lucky it charges it up to 53.7v I have read online that this is a problem with the algorithm as it senses the voltage at sun up and uses it to calculate how long absorption time will be.

Is there a workaround that one can adopt? I see they have resolved this in the Victron v1.42 firmware but as we are stuck with the v1.16 what can one do?

cc @earthrealm
@GeorgeD1
@SolnergyPower
@NiyiOmoIyunade
@bigrovar
@ zeestone99
@pranil

I am confused. If it only gets to 53.7v, that's less than your absorb or float values. Could it be the weather? Was it charging properly in the dry season? Does it ever go into float? How does it go into float at less than the float voltage? Please explain
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funken: 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2019
It's a new installation. It beats me too because it sometimes goes into float at that voltage. But I have read that it's a problem with the victron algorithm. There are plenty of stories like that in the victron forums. It calculates the absorption time based on the voltage it senses in the batteries. If it senses that the batteries are not deeply discharged, the absorption time is a fraction of the set absorption time period. The default I think is 6hrs. Also if the clouds are over cast or there is any form of shading, the CC sees it as another day has started and it restarts based on the voltage it senses. If that voltage is high but not up to the absorption voltage, it will cut the absorption time and subsequently go into float mode. I think this in a nutshell is what I have been able to gather about the issue.

Was wondering if one can get a workaround to this.

Dkev:

I am confused. If it only gets to 53.7v, that's less than your absorb or float values. Could it be the weather? Was it charging properly in the dry season? Does it ever go into float? How does it go into float at less than the float voltage? Please explain
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:18pm On Sep 06, 2019
funken:

cc @earthrealm
@GeorgeD1
@SolnergyPower
@NiyiOmoIyunade
@bigrovar
@ zeestone99
@pranil

I really don't understand your question sir. Can you break it down or I just wait for my ogas at the top to handle the situation.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2019
zeestone99:
8 units gennex 200ah used agm battery. 4 units remaining.

40k discounted price.

Reason for sale. Upgrade.

Call/whatapp 08117398294

The picture caught my attention wow! So the equipment are so hot that they require dedicated fans.....this is serious!
That said, how old are the batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:21am On Sep 07, 2019
@funken, am not really understanding your issue,
is it the victron or outback clone??
if its the victron clone, the battery selector switch, what setting is it on?, it shud be on either 3 or 4..cant remember exactly, then you select USER in the battery type tru display unit..and then enter your float and absorption voltages, the default absorption time is 6hrs, bulk zero. i tried messing with the diff times for bulk and absorption, and the CC got confused, and stopped working, hence i left those times on default.

i hv no expereince with the fangpusun outback clone
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dkev: 7:12am On Sep 07, 2019
funken:

Would this help? https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/27044/when-is-victron-going-to-fix-the-crippling-bugs-in.html
Someone is still complaining about that v1.42 firmware
I haven't read the full thread. Maybe it would provide answers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 7:57am On Sep 07, 2019
The solar installer that installed panels on the roof did a bad job and now the roof is leaking. Landlord is furious. Is there anyway to repair the roof without removing the solar panels and mount? Pls urgent answer needed
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 9:19am On Sep 07, 2019
Namzy:
The solar installer that installed panels on the roof did a bad job and now the roof is leaking. Landlord is furious. Is there anyway to repair the roof without removing the solar panels and mount? Pls urgent answer needed

buy flashbar or sealant. climb up and seal every nail punch (on top nail) any openings u can see. then enter ceiling, seal every see through opening and nail clearances. na careful work o

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Horlaarsco: 10:11am On Sep 07, 2019
Horlaarsco:
Will 1kva inverter work for this??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2019
I use the fangpusun 30a/100v smartsolar on a 12v system.

I played with the battery selector switch and discovered an error in the digram on the manual as to ascertain which battery type you have selected. Attached is a pix of the correct bulbs to look at for the binary flashes.

Hope this helps someone out there.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 2:10pm On Sep 07, 2019
Horlaarsco:

I think it should, esp if the 1000kva has a higher surge rating.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2019
funken:

cc @earthrealm
@GeorgeD1
@SolnergyPower
@NiyiOmoIyunade
@bigrovar
@ zeestone99
@pranil

funken,
your experience is by no means an isolated case as i think we have discussed something similar
here on the thread having to do with fangpusun ccs.
unfortunately however, i don't own a fangpusun cc so may not be able to offer useful hands-on solution
to this. all my charge controllers are morningstars even though i did try out midnite solar at one time
but i quickly reversed course when i realized how much invested i already was in morningstar.
hopefully juo or niyi might be able to point you in the right direction.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2019
Hello GeorgeD long time. I am trying to go into a kind of mini solar.

@dishtech

I got the PWM CC 12V/24V 60A. see pictures attached. My questions are

1. How do I connect the wires (a) parallel to the PWM CC, or (b) series? Note: batteries are LiFePo4.
2. Can I use a 1500VA MGE UPS?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2019
My people help o! - this is not entirely related to solar but please pardon me.

My lg led TV has option for energy saver and I have been using it for quite sometime without issues thereby saving a lot of power. However since yesterday I have noticed that it just switches off the energy saver by itself with no one controlling it. I have returned it based to saver mode(maximum) yet it will still go to energy saver off after a few minutes. It's like it has a mind of its own to consume the juice in my battery, due to the little battery bank I have, I cannot afford this rate of consumption, especially after sunset!

Please does anyone have a suggestion on how I can resolve this.

Update
: Issue addressed! Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (1667) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Sapiosexuality(m), kristien4(m), TechGeek777, Polaris1, odimbannamdi(m), omonla5, dollarnaira and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.