Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2032589 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (1667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:17am On Dec 02, 2019
Any PIP user in the house? Preferably the mppsolar GK series users or its equivalent. I like to hear your experience on the following:

How early does your hervest commence in the day?
How late in the day do you still have the option of hervest?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:26am On Dec 02, 2019
desiji:
my own emoncms
https://emoncms.org/dashboard//view?id=55138

Cool, this seem to be the ICC paid version though but at least it's nice and you get value for money cool.

I am still trying to get my dash up for free grin

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2019
nonoski:
What ever you do
Neva ever buy a Luminous Battery
Neva

Thank me later embarassed embarassed
I heard the same thing from my installer friend. He told me there changed their manufacturing process (I think they outsourced it or, took it in house from an outsourced company) and their are throwing out bad batches ... luminous has cast in the market

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 11:48am On Dec 02, 2019
ojeysky:

Cool, this seem to be the ICC paid version though but at least it's nice and you get value for money cool.

I am still trying to get my dash up for free grin

I was able to pull data from my own unit "free" using some C library I saw online which uses /dev/hidraw0 driver for Linux to pull data from the unit. works pretty well after I rigged the code to work with emoncms
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 11:50am On Dec 02, 2019
for more info on what you can do with the axpert inverter series FOC https://github.com/ned-kelly/docker-voltronic-homeassistant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CravingChic: 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2019
olaolu11:

It was a journey of about five years. I only added the solar panels just recently.

5years ago, luminous inverter was got new for 35k. 100ah Leoch battery for 30k(now bad and out of service), ancillaries(wiring etc) 8k.

Late 2018,
200ah mercury battery 83k,
60a pwm controller 8k on Aliexpress,
25 metres 6mm dual core cable 850/metre,
Four 150watts panels from alaba about 35k each,
Ancillaries(changeover, etc)about 10k.
On average say, at today's cost about 300k

Wow! What appliances does this power in your house for 24hrs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by desiji: 1:33pm On Dec 02, 2019
ojeysky:
Any PIP user in the house? Preferably the mppsolar GK series users or its equivalent. I like to hear your experience on the following:

How early does your hervest commence in the day?
How late in the day do you still have the option of hervest?

I just made it to look like the ICC because i like the dash, what you saw was totally made by me from scratch

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2019
bigrovar:

I heard the same thing from my installer friend. He told me there changed their manufacturing process (I think they outsourced it or, took it in house from an outsourced company) and their are throwing out bad batches ... luminous has cast in the market

But my luminous batteries will be completing 4years in May 2020.Still kicking like killed,retains power as if they were newly bought,guess am lucky then......
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olatade(m): 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2019
Monlo:

But my luminous batteries will be completing 4years in May 2020.Still kicking like killed,retains power as if they were newly bought,guess am lucky then......

Are they tubular?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olatade(m): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2019
nonoski:
What ever you do
Neva

Haa! What about this type

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2019
bigrovar:

I was able to pull data from my own unit "free" using some C library I saw online which uses /dev/hidraw0 driver for Linux to pull data from the unit. works pretty well after I rigged the code to work with emoncms

Am certainly able to pull data as well, just a particular item that I am looking to display on my dashboard. See below
Meanwhile your overall system generation has Mw symbol (ref: your online log)

desiji:

I just made it to look like the ICC because i like the dash, what you saw was totally made by me from scratch

Oh that's cool and good to know, perhaps I can learn from you then. The combo to get the AH on dash is what I am trying to figure out. By the way you quoted a different comment grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2019
I think the flooded tubular batteries from Luminous are pretty durable - I have used them in a few applications and they never dissappointed.

The yellow color luminous batteries however dissappointed me terribly 2016/2017ish - I believe the importer compromised on quality when naira devalued sharply around that period.

All the yellow color Luminous batteries I purchased at that time died within 6 months and importer failed to honor warranty - by the time I replaced 8 units of 12v 200Ah out of pocket I was done with the Genus and Luminous brands for good.

I replaced them with Quanta batteries which both clients are still using to this day and thus saved my good name.

I would be remiss if I did not add that Luminous eventually replaced 2 out of 6 or so of the bad batteries but I had already moved on by that time.

nonoski:
What ever you do
Neva

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2019
CravingChic:

Wow! What appliances does this power in your house for 24hrs

Everything except my fridge. And that's because my inverter is too "small"(900av) to carry the load. I shall change the inverter to a 1500av soon. The koko is energy conservation. Bulbs are 5 watts(enter room, on light. As you step out,off light). TV
is at least 10hrs daily(its illumination is enough in parlour, no light while TV is on). 130 watts ox fan on low for max 6hrs(I have ordered 33watts rechargeable as replacement), blender, laptops, phones, decoders etc. What i did was rewire the house to exclude heavy loads(fridge, washing machine etc) off the inverter and use on as need arises so there wont be "mistake". And when we do use, we compensate by no fan, or no tv. Transformer in our area has been out of service since April yet I have not used gen in last 3 or 4 months. I also have 5v5w dc bulbs drawing directly from the battery in rooms so I can use light without necessarily putting on the inverter thus eliminating idle power the inverter uses. With the setup, except I need 220volts, inverter remains off. I am presently reading about BMS that regulates fridge and switches it on and off. With that in place, fridge will be wired to work only when we are not home for about 5hrs.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
Good evening house. I am too lazy to read these days. Pls, does a DC TV works on battery directly(12v) or still needs to be connected to an inverter(220v). Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2019
What is the best setup for a 250watt load and prices
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2019
luvlyoracle:
What is the best setup for a 250watt load and prices

You need to calculate your load individually and time of usage for each load before you can estimate your cost properly and the size of setup you will need.

A 1kw grid tie setup is cheaper than a 1kw off grid setup...

Uninterrupted power backup is not cheap that's why you don't find it in every home. You can start with what you have, a very little load and run time then upgrade your system gradually.

With proper load shading you can get a 120k or 150k setup as long as you're not adding solar to it. But with solar, be prepare to spend more...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2019
simydan:

You need to calculate your load individually and time of usage for each load before you can estimate your cost properly and the size of setup you will need.

A 1kw grid tie setup is cheaper than a 1kw off grid setup...

Uninterrupted power backup is not cheap that's why you don't find it in every home. You can start with what you have, a very little load and run time then upgrade your system gradually.

With proper load shading you can get a 120k or 150k setup as long as you're not adding solar to it. But with solar, be prepare to spend more...
it should be on fir 5hrs atleast....btw aw much us you 100ah lifepo4?.can 80k do something good?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2019
Cable joining after a while will always burn according to experience. That's we now use Mc4 connectors and Combiner boxes (optional), to save us the stress of revisiting panels and soldering cables after a while.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2019
This certainly is experience hard gained.

Ti iwo ba se rere, ara ki o a ya o bi? grin

zeestone99:
Cable joining after a while will always burn according to experience. That's we now use Mc4 connectors and Combiner boxes (optional), to save us the stress of revisiting panels and soldering cables after a while.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:09pm On Dec 02, 2019
NiyiOmoIyunade:
This certainly is experience hard gained.

Ti iwo ba se rere, ara ki o a ya o bi? grin

That's experience for you bro. The second sentence pass me though. Gracias
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 3:19am On Dec 03, 2019
What I have got so far is meaning of BMS. How does it manage battery, pls. I read that someone used it to regulate the on/off time of his fridge. I am interested in the knowledge pls. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 3:28am On Dec 03, 2019
How-can-I-use-BMS-battery-management-system-to-automate-my-fridge-to-switch-on-off-so-it-can-work-about-4-hours-daily
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 4:10am On Dec 03, 2019
luvlyoracle:
it should be on fir 5hrs atleast....btw aw much us you 100ah lifepo4?.can 80k do something good?

Sadly, NO! The system I'm talking of which is still in process, its Worth more than 150k because I'm using a lifepo4 battery. But that price can comfortably get you a system with a good 200ah agm battery...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 4:15am On Dec 03, 2019
olaolu11:
What I have got so far is meaning of BMS. How does it manage battery, pls. I read that someone used it to regulate the on/off time of his fridge. I am interested in the knowledge pls. Thanks in anticipation.

BMS that I know is used as:

1. Battery Management System in battery technology especially in lithium ion batteries.

2. Building Management System in Building technology, it is used to monitor the electrical installations of a building. Mostly found in commercial buildings.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 4:20am On Dec 03, 2019
olaolu11:
How-can-I-use-BMS-battery-management-system-to-automate-my-fridge-to-switch-on-off-so-it-can-work-about-4-hours-daily

I believe you can achieve this with a simple circuitry design or with a voltage timer relay.

Just do more research and you could find something handing. But, if am able to lay my hands on something that could help you I'll forward it to you...

Maybe this will help
https://www.bijlibachao.com/general-tips/time-switches-easy-automatic-way-to-switch-on-and-off-appliances-and-save-electricity.html

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 4:52am On Dec 03, 2019
simydan:

Sadly, NO! The system I'm talking of which is still in process, its Worth more than 150k because I'm using a lifepo4 battery. But that price can comfortably get you a system with a good 200ah agm battery...
okay thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 5:26am On Dec 03, 2019
For MorningStar CC users;

After 3+ years of faithful service, I finally summoned courage to restart/soft reset my MorningStar CCs via modbus commands from the MSView software - this saves you from manually disconnecting the CC from battery to force a restart/reset after a settings change.

Happy to report this 'control reset' feature works flawlessly and does not brick the CC.

Please be sure to have disconnected solar from the CC before attempting a software update or settings change via MSLoad/MSView.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:02am On Dec 03, 2019
BONA DC/AC solar freezers (12/24 VDC) now available

118L (60 watts) 100,000
168L (85 watts) 140,000
218L (95 watts) 165,000
318L (120 watts) 250,000

2 years Warranty

Feel free to place your order now!

WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Contact,
Smartcellglobal services
081-350-319-51

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:42am On Dec 03, 2019
NiyiOmoIyunade:
For MorningStar CC users;

After 3+ years of faithful service, I finally summoned courage to restart/soft reset my MorningStar CCs via modbus commands from the MSView software - this saves you from manually disconnecting the CC from battery to force a restart/reset after a settings change.

Happy to report this 'control reset' feature works flawlessly and does not brick the CC.

Please be sure to have disconnected solar from the CC before attempting a software update or settings change via MSLoad/MSView.

morning star CC!!!
my first love. too badt the chinese have crashed the market, almost 200k for a 60amp morning star CC, will buy me a 3kw hybrid mpp solar inverter & CC combo with inbuilt 60amps mppt cc and 30amps mains charging. ....chaaiii..
i still miss the harvest log capability of the Morning star

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:54am On Dec 03, 2019
PROMO/FLASH SALES! ALL BRAND NEW WITH WARRANTY!!

1) Axpert 1.2kva 12v pure sinewave user friendly LCD inverter ..50000

2) Schneider 1.5kva 24v Solar/hybrid pure sinewave inverter ... 71,000

3) Axpert 3kva 24v solar/hybrid pure sinewave lcd wall mount inverter with inbuilt 80a total charge current "50a solar & 20/30a AC charging current" .... 110,000

YOU CAN PICK UP IF BASED IN LAGOS OR SIMPLY PLACE YOUR ORDER FOR WAYBILL NOW!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:59am On Dec 03, 2019
bigrovar:
for more info on what you can do with the axpert inverter series FOC https://github.com/ned-kelly/docker-voltronic-homeassistant

Good stuff !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:03am On Dec 03, 2019
earthrealm:

morning star CC!!!
my first love. too badt the chinese have crashed the market, almost 200k for a 60amp morning star CC, will buy me a 3kw hybrid mpp solar inverter & CC combo with inbuilt 60amps mppt cc and 30amps mains charging. ....chaaiii..
i still miss the harvest log capability of the Morning star

brother, while purchasing a good quality cc, sometimes you have to look beyond price.
those chinese cc you're referring to may appear to be cheaper in the short term but you pay
for it in other ways.
and, if durability, ruggedness, peak performance is your thing, i think you'll be hard put to get
a better option presently in the market than morningstar.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (1667) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dollarnaira and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.