Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2039558 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (1676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Experience4u(m): 11:07pm On Dec 18, 2019
I need a low cost budget power inverter(charging with nepa alone) price range of 20 to 25k. I have 20x2 batteries, I will need recommendations. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 4:28am On Dec 19, 2019
Experience4u:
I need a low cost budget power inverter(charging with nepa alone) price range of 20 to 25k. I have 20x2 batteries, I will need recommendations. Thanks

25k inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 7:35am On Dec 19, 2019
good morning all, anyone with affordable timer switch here
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nonoski: 8:08am On Dec 19, 2019
justcallmenuel:

We’re dealers and suppliers of solar equipment such as: Solar panels, inverters, deep cycle batteries, solar charge controller, solar street lights, UPS, solar lamps & General merchants. You can reach us on 08168986461
Incase u didn't notice
This is a DIY thread not a hide technique/marketing thread so if u can't answer his question here let it go.

enet1:
Good Day to everyone,

I have few questions to ask

(1) Is it all inverters that does automatic changeover when there is power outage? If not, how can I know the one that has automatic changeover?
(2) I have a load of 950 watts (14 energy saving bulbs, 5 celing fans, a TV, a laptop and other small loads), Is it advisable to go for 1.5KVA or 2.4 KVA inverter system ?
(3) is it all inverters that come with chargers for self charging?
(4) I have ordered for two new 100ah batteries, can i complement it with one used 200ah battery?

1 Yes all inverters automatically change over when public utility in unavailable the only difference is some do it faster than some (in milli seconds)

2. 950w is ur total load which may vary unless u intend to have all ur lights and equipment on at the same time. But choose a 2.4kva for ease of expansion in the future.

3. Yes all inverter come with a charger while the hybrids comes with an extra charger to enable u hook up ur solar panels.

4. No please no

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:31am On Dec 19, 2019
ceaser:

There are laptop power bank case that you can easily pop in your lithium batteries and have them power the fan. The power bank has BMS and adequate overcharge and overdischarge protective circuits.

How long have you been using the powerbank and where did you get it from?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:34am On Dec 19, 2019
ceaser:

There are laptop power bank case that you can easily pop in your lithium batteries and have them power the fan. The power bank has BMS and adequate overcharge and overdischarge protective circuits.
did the fan also come with the voltmeter or you're responsible?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:41am On Dec 19, 2019
nonoski:

Incase u didn't notice
This is a DIY thread not a hide technique/marketing thread so if u can't answer his question here let it go.

1 Yes all inverters automatically change over when public utility in unavailable the only difference is some do it faster than some (in milli seconds)

2. 950w is ur total load which may vary unless u intend to have all ur lights and equipment on at the same time. But choose a 2.4kva for ease of expansion in the future.

3. Yes all inverter come with a charger while the hybrids comes with an extra charger to enable u hook up ur solar panels.

4. No please no

1. No
3. No
smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 10:40am On Dec 19, 2019
1. Not all. The cheap 12v inverters typically does not come with a changeover switch built in.
If it's an inverter-charger, then you can be sure it does automatic changeover.
2. 2.4kva... It's always nice to operate equipment at about 50% capacity to prolong it's life. You avoid equipment/component failure due to overheating etc.
3. No
4. No

enet1:
Good Day to everyone,

I have few questions to ask

(1) Is it all inverters that does automatic changeover when there is power outage? If not, how can I know the one that has automatic changeover?
(2) I have a load of 950 watts (14 energy saving bulbs, 5 celing fans, a TV, a laptop and other small loads), Is it advisable to go for 1.5KVA or 2.4 KVA inverter system ?
(3) is it all inverters that come with chargers for self charging?
(4) I have ordered for two new 100ah batteries, can i complement it with one used 200ah battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2019
Experience4u:

just go and get souer? inverter kowe

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2019
BetaTechnicians:
did the fan also come with the voltmeter or you're responsible?

Guilty as charged.

It's the power bank that I integrated into the fan, and all the bells and whistles that it comes with gets integrated into the fan.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
ceaser:

Guilty as charged.

It's the power bank that I integrated into the fan, and all the bells and whistles that it comes with gets integrated into the fan.

Lol cheesy
You didn't respond to information about how to get the powerbank
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oliyeniun: 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
Good day house,

My epever charge controller just stopped working after the installer tried to change the inverter from luminous to blue gate... it jsut ddnnt come on again. He said it is temperature sensor. Could this be true. Please i need the expert's opinion on this. The bluegate inverter is new. 24V 2KVA. MPPT charge controller is 40A. solar capacity is 1200W. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2019
oliyeniun:
Good day house,

My epever charge controller just stopped working after the installer tried to change the inverter from luminous to blue gate... it jsut ddnnt come on again. He said it is temperature sensor. Could this be true. Please i need the expert's opinion on this. The bluegate inverter is new. 24V 2KVA. MPPT charge controller is 40A. solar capacity is 1200W. Thank you
Did he disconnect the solar panel from the charge controller before removing the inverter cable?

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 5:45am On Dec 20, 2019
Experience4u:
That’s what you need sir

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 6:52am On Dec 20, 2019
Fangpusun flex max 80a 500k quantity 4pcs. Please note we don't sell one at this price
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:16am On Dec 20, 2019
Hold that installer well mhen.

Before him go call monkey dog for you o!

Random failures happen but I strongly suspect the batteries were disconnected while solar was still connected just as PenuelSeun said.

All in all, these things happen even to the best of us. No need to fight. Just ensure he accepts responsibility and contributes both time and money to the resolution.

Your mantra should be 'but it was working perfectly before you came and worked on the system'. Just keep singing this song until he does the right thing.

Recently sent one of my boys for a simple job -- relocate inverter within Lekki. The old location had been unoccupied for a while. When inverter reached destination, it did not come on at all - I asked my boy, did you try to put it on before dismantling it? He said NO. I just jejely sent it for repairs at my own expense - the owner was just singing that song 'but it was working well before your boy dismantled it and brought it here' grin

Penuelseun:
Did he disconnect the solar panel from the charge controller before removing the inverter cable?

oliyeniun:
Good day house,

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 8:36am On Dec 20, 2019
justcallmenuel:
That’s what you need sir
put ur details as underflag/reference on ur mail always for easy contact

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:21am On Dec 20, 2019
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead batteries from any state (T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N13,000
12v 150a.......N10,000
12v 100a.......N7,500
2v 500a.......N5,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:24am On Dec 20, 2019
PROMO/FLASH SALES! ALL BRAND NEW WITH WARRANTY!!

1) Axpert 1.2kva 12v pure sinewave lcd inverter ..50000

2) Schneider 1.5kva 24v Solar/hybrid pure sinewave inverter ... 71,000

3) Axpert 3kva 24v 1500w solar/hybrid pure sinewave lcd wall mount inverter with inbuilt 80a total charge current .... 100,000

4) Gennex 3kva 24v 1500w mppt hybrid pure sinewave inverter with inbuilt 90a total charge current.... 185,000

YOU CAN PICK UP IF BASED IN LAGOS OR SIMPLY PLACE YOUR ORDER FOR WAYBILL NOW!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:37am On Dec 20, 2019
260watt Solar panels available, #29,000. Contact us today on - 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:56am On Dec 20, 2019
40amphs, 48volts DIAMOND MPPT solar charge controller, #45,000. Contact us today on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:57am On Dec 20, 2019
90watts LED solar street light, #40000. Contact us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:01am On Dec 20, 2019
5KVA, 48volts FELICITY inverter, #170,000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:05am On Dec 20, 2019
12volts , 200amphs DEEP CYCLE BATTERY available, #85,000. Contact us today on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:06am On Dec 20, 2019
justcallmenuel:
90watts LED solar street light, very affordable. Contact us on 08168986461

Bros just put the price straight up. Affordability is relative

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:06am On Dec 20, 2019
idsolar:

put ur details as underflag/reference on ur mail always for easy contact
08168986461. Contact me with that number.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:07am On Dec 20, 2019
ojeysky:

Contact me with that number let’s talk about it. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EgunMogaji2: 10:48am On Dec 20, 2019
ojeysky:

I concur.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oliyeniun: 10:50am On Dec 20, 2019
Hello house,

thank you for the prompt answer to my question. the installer however insisted that he disconnected the solar panel before removing the inverter cable, which i doubt and contradicts the report of my brother that was around when he came. right now, he is looking for how to get it fixed, hopefully it works and as @NiyiOmoIyunade advised, we wont fight but will resolve amicably. Thank you all for the prompt response.

One more expert opinion please, the blue gate that i changed to does make a lot of noise, i mean the fan. it is still under warranty and i have the option of changing it if i dont like it, please can you recommend any good inverter : 24V , between 1.5KVA and 2. Thank you all. .
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Hold that installer well mhen.

Before him go call monkey dog for you o!

Random failures happen but I strongly suspect the batteries were disconnected while solar was still connected just as PenuelSeun said.

All in all, these things happen even to the best of us. No need to fight. Just ensure he accepts responsibility and contributes both time and money to the resolution.

Your mantra should be 'but it was working perfectly before you came and worked on the system'. Just keep singing this song until he does the right thing.

Recently sent one of my boys for a simple job -- relocate inverter within Lekki. The old location had been unoccupied for a while. When inverter reached destination, it did not come on at all - I asked my boy, did you try to put it on before dismantling it? He said NO. I just jejely sent it for repairs at my own expense - the owner was just singing that song 'but it was working well before your boy dismantled it and brought it here' grin

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2019
oliyeniun:
Hello house,

thank you for the prompt answer to my question. the installer however insisted that he disconnected the solar panel before removing the inverter cable, which i doubt and contradicts the report of my brother that was around when he came. right now, he is looking for how to get it fixed, hopefully it works and as @NiyiOmoIyunade advised, we wont fight but will resolve amicably. Thank you all for the prompt response.

One more expert opinion please, the blue gate that i changed to does make a lot of noise, i mean the fan. it is still under warranty and i have the option of changing it if i dont like it, please can you recommend any good inverter : 24V , between 1.5KVA and 2. Thank you all. .
I will recommend Genus inverter for you. Use it and thank me later. It’s #65,000

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Godliftedme: 11:04am On Dec 20, 2019
If your price is actually competitive, drop your price, we dont need to call before you will tell us your price, learn from Zeestone, JUO & others.
This is becoming serious in Nigeria, every items has a fair price, but when you enters a shop, you are offered a very high ridiculous price and when you ask for the final price they will always ask "how much do you want to pay" if you dont have previous idea of the retail price, you will be reaped off.
I am not saying the OPs wants to reap off but should make it transparent.
justcallmenuel:
5KVA, 48volts FELICITY inverter, very affordable. Contact us on 08168986461

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:05am On Dec 20, 2019
Godliftedme:
If your price is actually competitive, drop your price, we dont need to call before you will tell us your price, learn from Zeestone, JUO & others.
I’m giving you this for 170,000.

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (1676) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: iamphilips(m), omonla5, Alfaabass123 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.