Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2040080 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) ... (1676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:57am On Apr 20, 2020
olaolu11:

How do i check the power consumption without manual?

Here you go: https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/650#85878917

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 7:27am On Apr 20, 2020
Please share the specifications of this panel
justcallmenuel:
275w lionstar solar panel just landed, and offloading currently going on. Bring your orders coming in. #30000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 7:36am On Apr 20, 2020
olaolu11:

Luminous 900 ecovolt.
I have never looked at the consumption, you know. I shall check it. The person that procured it for me opened it and misplaced the manual. I have asked him severally to no avail. I even posted here on nairaland if anyone has one that can be snapped and forwarded to me or has a soft copy of it. I also contacted their office. But it seems simba is their sole distributor here in nigeria. I hope i shall remember to contact them in the morning.
How do i check the power consumption without manual? Place it on and off the panel and confirm from the cc? My cc does not display consumption, it is a no name pwm.
Use a dc clamp meter, or a multimeter, make sure there is no load on the inverter when measuring

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipzy001: 7:43am On Apr 20, 2020
olaolu11:
@tipzy001.
I like your spirit. Always do due dilligence before you agree with seller/installer. And ask questions. Many "installers" dont know what they are doing. Someone posted about an installer using a 24v cc for a 48v system!.
Always go online to look at reviews of products in terms of price, durability, functionality etc before you comit yourself. If posible, ask for sample, comit the specs to memory and then check as against what the seller tells you. The exercising a little restraint at times to view different opinions on this thread may make the difference between a good system and poor system. Also read on how to calculate load, system configuration etc so that you can have an idea of what the installer is doing. A seller once almost sold 6mm wire for me as 10mm somply because 10awg was written on it. 10 awg is not 10mm. He was banking on my seeing "10". Read up sir, you wont regret you did. The person that introduced me to alternative energy about 5years ago has bought and used 5 "no name" batteries while i only recently changed the leoch battery we bought. He has bought another battery after me and it is already giving him problem. I admit battery is dependent on good management practice but i know what i am saying. We live in same place. I have advised him severally but he is too wise. Do not listen to sellers but users, every seller wants to sell his product. In the midrange batteries, i observed from comments that quanta, sukam, and one other whose name does not readilycome to mind are the reasonable. Though i dont use any of them. My pocket and common sense dictates my choices.

@essegis.
No be we fault o. Soup wey sweet.... But as dough no come dey nko? I like cadillac but na keke napep my money reach buy. Wetin i go do?
We all know what is the best. When people see me use light 24/7 and ask the cost, they dont come back. And my system is a subsistence one at that.
Thank you Sir. The money is too big and it will be unwise not to make personal findings and that's why I'm trying my best to gather sufficient knowledge to help me set up a system that will not fail. You have been really helpful, this thread has been really helpful.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by maishai: 11:04am On Apr 20, 2020
Can anyone recommend a good inverter to run a submersible........I will rather go for an inverter installation instead of a doc pump
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:34am On Apr 20, 2020
ceaser:

How are you guys able to do all these amid the lockdown?

I still wonder. Abi no be this 9ja una dey?

Just keep the prices reasonable and affordable for us cos after this lockdown, I know people go bombard una. Don't leverage on the increased demand to unjustifiably hike your prices.
grin angry grin Boss Na the same 9ja we dey o. But we can’t sell anything now till after the lockdown. I’m just posting so people can bring their orders coming in, and then after the lockdown I supply. Thanks and stay safe my oga
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:37am On Apr 20, 2020
ceaser:

Can you put the technical specifications of this TV on here?

If possible upload the technical manual for guys.

Edited: Okay, I googled it. But no mention of the power consumption. It's only the AC specs that was specified.

Does it have DC input?
I will do that sir as soon as I’m able to get a picture of the manual. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:40am On Apr 20, 2020
A transformer based inverter of 900va range - on average idle consumption is between 15 to 30watts.

Usually 20watts range in my experience.

I wouldn't sweat to improve things at that level

olaolu11:

Luminous 900 ecovolt.
I have never looked at the consumption, you know. I shall check it. The person that procured it for me opened it and misplaced the manual. I have asked him severally to no avail. I even posted here on nairaland if anyone has one that can be snapped and forwarded to me or has a soft copy of it. I also contacted their office. But it seems simba is their sole distributor here in nigeria. I hope i shall remember to contact them in the morning.
How do i check the power consumption without manual? Place it on and off the panel and confirm from the cc? My cc does not display consumption, it is a no name pwm.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2020
tipzy001:
Good evening everyone. So I got this recommendation from the guy that will be helping me install my setup and
please would like your opinion if the products are okay and will be efficient for me, my major load sums up to almost 500 watts for now... I attached pictures
1. Foresolar Inverter 3.5kva (130k)
2. Luminous liquid battery 220ah, I'll be buying two (120k per one)
3. Charge controller 60 amps (90k)
4. Mono solar Panel 270 watts, I'll be buying 2 or 4 (35k per one)
I will sell cheaper for you. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:46am On Apr 20, 2020
tipzy001:
Any idea on how much it costs to refill and how long before I'll be needing to refill? Please I'll appreciate your knowledge on it
You refill it every 6 month and the distill water cost 18k. That’s some gallons of the distill water

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:48am On Apr 20, 2020
justcallmenuel:

You refill it every 6 month and the distill water cost 15k. That’s some gallons of the distill water
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 11:50am On Apr 20, 2020
justcallmenuel:

grin angry grin Boss Na the same 9ja we dey o. But we can’t sell anything now till after the lockdown. I’m just posting so people can bring their orders coming in, and then after the lockdown I supply. Thanks and stay safe my oga

The prices of all brands of solar panels in Nigeria have been adjusted upwards.
Verify from the owner of Lionstar brand before posting prices.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:58am On Apr 20, 2020
tipzy001:
Good evening everyone. So I got this recommendation from the guy that will be helping me install my setup and
please would like your opinion if the products are okay and will be efficient for me, my major load sums up to almost 500 watts for now... I attached pictures
3.5kva foresolar inverter- 120k
Luminous tubular battery- 100k
60ah MPPT charge controller- 70k
270w mono solar panel- 30k

10 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
60w solar street light available, #80000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
40ah PWM Diamond charge controller available, #27000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
primefaith1:

Call me and I will sell for you at that price.

#no_much_talk

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
tipzy001:

3.5kva foresolar inverter- 105k
Luminous tubular battery- 90k
60ah MPPT charge controller- 65k
270w mono solar panel- 29k

Tell the guy that gave you the quote that this is what you can offer.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 1:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
justcallmenuel:
#no_much_talk
OK.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2020
earthrealm:

so if it that simple, why dont inverter and gen manufacturers add that into their design, it could even be an option,..you press a button/engage when needed

Maybe financial gains... I don't know.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
saint2ace:

It's unfortunate cos I actually wanted a pure sine wave inverter and it has a sticker of pure sine wave boldly imprinted on it.

I have a 1500w capacity of a similar Chinese inverter brand that works well. This is just unfortunate. But if I can't get a means of confirming the true sine wave of the inverter, I'll just return it and count my losses.

Does the inverter output socket have three holes? If yes, is the third hole connected?... Your equipments may just be having poor grounding issues....

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
olaolu11:

Amin o. Thanks jare. You can still do better, send your bank details and your atm pin(the one that has plenty money in it o). Lol

grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2020
chris81964:

Thank you. Victron and I have been feuding for the last 12 months so I dumped them. They are too full of themselves. The Schneider XW+ is a superior product. Outback also makes much better equipment than they do

Ah! I recall that story. YouTube things. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2020
justcallmenuel:

I will sell cheaper for you. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Sharp guy. cheesy

Oooin. You're doing well.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
primefaith1:

Dem don come o. Woz your own nau?

Haba mana! He is a dealer. He sells at the prices that he's okay with. In fact his prices has been about the fairest in this forum even before the lockdown thingy.

Why inject thoughts into his mind?

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 9:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
Trippledots:

Does the inverter output socket have three holes? If yes, is the third hole connected?... Your equipments may just be having poor grounding issues....

Yes it has 3 outlet holes, it's also likely that the grounding is poor but my issue is that I have 2 other pure sine wave inverters that I've also tested and I don't get the humming noise. So am kinda at a loss as to why this particular model is having this issue.

Oh well, I just return it and get something else or sell it off and just manage what I have at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
justcallmenuel:

#no_much_talk

Expect to hear from me when the lockdown is relaxed.I shall need a 24V 2.5kva/3kva inverter from you.Dont mind you recommending a good one.The one I used earlier lasted over 4years.Its faulty now and I need replacement,have been managing my 12v 900va Luminous inverter for some time now,pending when this lockdown is over.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:30pm On Apr 20, 2020
I have 2.3kva microtek inverter.
I also have 2.5kva soccer power inverter.
I have 3kva felicity inverter (wall mount)

All these inverter mention above are rugged inverters. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
Monlo:

Expect to hear from me when the lockdown is relaxed.I shall need a 24V 2.5kva/3kva inverter from you.Dont mind you recommending a good one.The one I used earlier lasted over 4years.Its faulty now and I need replacement,have been managing my 12v 900va Luminous inverter for some time now,pending when this lockdown is over.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2020
ceaser:

Sharp guy. cheesy

Oooin. You're doing well.
Boss, Na God get power o
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
Hmmmmmmmm Oga Chris grin

chris81964:

Thank you. Victron and I have been feuding for the last 12 months so I dumped them. They are too full of themselves. The Schneider XW+ is a superior product. Outback also makes much better equipment than they do

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
Please understand that these are two serious players in thesame market.

Everyone is expecting prices to go up once the Lagos lockdown lifts. However, I expect some mitigation as the dealers and sellers also need to move inventory and bring in some cash.

ceaser:

Dem don come o. Woz your own nau?

Haba mana! He is a dealer. He sells at the prices that he's okay with. In fact his prices has been about the fairest in this forum even before the lockdown thingy.

Why inject thoughts into his mind?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
justcallmenuel:

Thanks,just as we discussed,you will hear from me soon as the lockdown is relaxed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) ... (1676) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.