Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,146,300 members, 7,792,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (765) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2012920 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) ... (1651) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:04am On Jun 10, 2020
PROMO PRICES! CALL US NOW!!

*MC4 male & female connectors , Two way male & female connectors.
*DC & AC Surge protective devices.
*DC Breakers.
*Automatic 63a programmable voltage regulators
*Programmable timer switches.
*DC LED battery voltage monitors.
*Available mppt in 40, 60, 100 & 120a ranges :

-Ipanda
-Srne
-Smk
-Apodon
-Vmax
-Felicity 80a mppt
-Fangpuson 80a mppt
-Must 80a mppt
-Epever 80a mppt

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 11:15am On Jun 10, 2020
I need cheap battery monitors. Anyone?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 11:32am On Jun 10, 2020
earthrealm:

ok, i remember this your setup, tot the issue was thrashed then?...
i recall some pages back, you said you have 2 batteries?...and listed a bunch of loads, including freezer etc.
its a bit confusing going back forth. confirm its 1 battery you have or you plan to add another?.

it best you make a fresh post, list all your present/planned loads. confirm your battery nos etc.
its best you prepare and buy a new inverter, if u are planning to upgrade to 2 batteries, as that inverter is notorious for the charging section to fail, if subjected to big battery charging

I'm definitely not going to use this inverter
also I only have just this one batt3
I read on here sometimes ago, it's no good adding a new batt3 to an old setup as it could have negative effects. right?
so that's why am opting to buy new battery if possible the other type of batt3 (lead acid or so).

thanks again
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:34am On Jun 10, 2020
Available for order at discounted prices...

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
suddenly it feels like dry season all over again.
with daily harvests topping 42kwh and instantaneous breaking the 10kw barrier....
indeed, the sun is the answer! smiley

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OnePunchMan: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
earthrealm:

this my old friend, wey pursue me with high rate in the past.
confirm your ebay and amazon rates.

you woudda posted a link to your thread at once

My oga.. always here for you...

Link to my thread!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/3894150/buy-ebay-350-other-major/260#90454495
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
GeorgeD1:
with daily harvests topping 42kwh and instantaneous breaking the 10kw barrier....

You harvested 10kw from your panels? shocked shocked shocked
I can only imagine your panel total capacity.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
Blueprintz:
Thanks boss, have gone through this thread and have not seen any device for LVD, but people always advise for 50% DOD (how effective can one monitor a system at night)..
Which anyone can point me to a LVD device
cry

Inverter with LVD/HVR function coming soon, you can reach me for pre order.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
GeorgeD1:

Power from the sun. Lovely! I like seeing that 190A cruising through those cables!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
Blueprintz:
Please Help me oh

Hi Blueprintz,

I believe earthrealm has done justice to your enquiry...
My little addition though is that you can get a DC Voltmeter for your battery. You can get 4 pcs, connect 1 for each of the batteries and then connect one to monitor the full battery bank. Then, you need to have a "Voltage against State of charge" chart. This chart helps you to know when you're running the battery down to a certain level.
If when you're about to sleep, you discover that your battery voltage is already down to, say, 60% (based on the chart), depending on the load, you can decide to shut down the Inverter so it doesn't drain within the night or you reduce load appropriately and ensure the loads left ON won't drain the battery during the night.

For the Balancer, I believe the HA02 model can still serve. Have 3 sets of the cable appropriately connected to the 3 batteries, while you safely insulate the last set. DON'T leave the last unused set exposed. I don't how long you've used your batteries, but Battery Balancers should be connected at the initial stage of the battery installation...

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
mctfopt:

Power from the sun. Lovely! I like seeing that 190A cruising through those cables!

brother, indeed solar is sweet. nothing beats that feeling when on a hot sunny day, you're using the sun's power to cool your house.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:34pm On Jun 10, 2020
GeorgeD1:

brother, indeed solar is sweet. nothing beats that feeling when on a hot sunny day, you're using the sun's power to cool your house.

Wait oo, 10,000W Energy 190A @54.5V shocked shocked shocked
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 7:45pm On Jun 10, 2020
GeorgeD1:

This is what is called Solar Energy. The rest na Sol nergy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
tonididdy:

I will buy two if you give me a discount.
Sure I will give you a discount. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2020
Blueprintz:
Thanks boss, have gone through this thread and have not seen any device for LVD, but people always advise for 50% DOD (how effective can one monitor a system at night)..
Which anyone can point me to a LVD device
cry

The LVD device that eventually arrived but not time to fix it yet.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2020
Blueprintz:
[b][color=#000099]
I have 3 new batteries connected to my inverter and i read that gel/agm battery should not be less than 50% when using. How can i prevent the battery going below that, assuming am already sleeping. [b]Do you guys have any device to shut the inverter automatically when it get to 50%?

What I did in my own case are these:

• Ensured that the inverter switch is a throw switch kinda (like that type on tonididdy inverter), I avoided an inverter with the soft press switches.
• Soldered wires to the two terminals on the switch and ran the wire outside the inverter. These two wires if connected together will equally switch on the inverter since they are directly wired to the inverter switch. These wires form the terminals for my external switch.
• I secured a PWM charge controller, not to charge the batteries, but to serve as a low voltage disconnect device. I got a PWM CC that has user programmable settings (load on, load off values can be changed on the controller). These controllers usually have in built relay switches that does that job. This PWM CC will be powered as a LVD using voltage from the output terminal coming from the actual MPPT CC that charges the batteries. The wires run from the output (3rd pair) terminal from the MPPT CC to the battery input (Middle pair) terminals on the PWM CC.
• I DIYed a relay switch to be at a Normally Closed(NC) position. This switch has two input terminals which will connect to the "light control" terminals on the PWM CC and two output terminals that will connect to the two wires from the inverter switch. NB: I DIYed this when I got inpatient because of my LVD device order from AE was taking too long to arrive.
• The PWM CC Low voltage disconnect and high voltage reconnect was reprogrammed to the desired values.

How it works: The output terminals on MPPT CC reflect the battery voltage which is sent to the battery terminals of the PWM CC. At LVD, the light control (3rd terminal) of the PWM CC trips and switches off the relay which switches off the inverter via the wires that run from its switch. At HVR, the reverse happens. The inverter therefore automatically switches on and off a cording to the preset HVR and LVD respectively, a the while the actual factory switch on the inverter will be in the off position and useful only as manual override.

NB: I could have bypassed the use of a PWM CC and used the light control terminals on the MPPT CC to control the relay but I disappointedly discovered that the latter does not have an editable high voltage reconnect setting.

Disclaimer: The inverter tweak may void warrantee on the item.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
tonididdy:

hi earthrealm thanks for taking out time to quote me. I really appreciate.
I want to do a fresh setup.
the only thing will go to the new setup is my (3) 150w panel.

Shalom.

I want to know inverter, SC and battery details and possibly refer brands for me (pocket friendly durable brands pls).

the photo is my current setup.

I am willing to take you up on this, give you professional advice on what exactly you need to do to revamp your set up, and get a better setup with optimum performance, using durable and strong system design and devices.

Whatsapp or call 08031138665
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
unicmarket:

I am willing to take you up on this, give you professional advice on what exactly you need to do to revamp your set up, and get a better setup with optimum performance, using durable and strong system design and devices.

Whatsapp or call

I will write to you in the morning. thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 4:48am On Jun 11, 2020
GeorgeD1:

Jesu. Permission to use pictures?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Blueprintz: 8:20am On Jun 11, 2020
mcTrinity
simydan
earthrealm
ceaser

Thanks My Bosses.. I really appreciate this support.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2020
GeorgeD1:

This is waooooo!
When you think you have seen it all...
With @GeorgeD1,you are just starting....
Always thought-provoking innovations....
Keep it up boss.....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 9:54am On Jun 11, 2020
I bought the 48v Felicity lithium and my first impression is not good. I tried to do a test drain overnight. It gave me about 90AH drain overnight. I then set my Water Pump on it to drain it further. I got to about 115AH when my inverter shutdown at about 49v. I wasn't sure which shut down first, my inverter or the battery. But the battery was still (or back) on when I checked. At this point, I can not recommend this battery based on expected AH output.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2020
adrusa:
I bought the 48v Felicity lithium and my first impression is not good. I tried to do a test drain overnight. It gave me about 90AH drain overnight. I then set my Water Pump on it to drain it further. I got to about 115AH when my inverter shutdown at about 49v. I wasn't sure which shut down first, my inverter or the battery. But the battery was still (or back) on when I checked. At this point, I can not recommend this battery based on expected AH output.

That's 5.8kwh at 49v would be at least 80% DoD already, what was it rated for? If 7kwh then it may not be a bad deal afterall

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:07am On Jun 11, 2020
GeorgeD1:

190A? Wow! Okay that is something. My guess on the cable size 2AWG? where do one even get such cables in naija? But men that is some power farm right there
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ATH: 11:48am On Jun 11, 2020
adrusa:

I bought this battery too but I have not really gotten time to do a compressive analysis of it.
But these are my few observations:

1.Battery didn't come with full charged, therefore, you have to fully charge it before use to determine the true capacity

2. Inbuilt BMS will not allow you drain it below 48.8V (90% DOD).

3. KWh test?... Loading...

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:50am On Jun 11, 2020
ojeysky:

190A? Wow! Okay that is something. My guess on the cable size 2AWG? where do one even get such cables in naija? But men that is some power farm right there
he prolly used a copper/strip bus bar with several 50mm or higher cables. these are readily available.i cant remember his array size again, but he has listed it severally..together with his battery bank specs too. its a one off 5m to 10m naira project...and you go to sleep.
georged1 was one first persons to install solar water heater.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
tonididdy:

I will write to you in the morning. thanks

That’s fine sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
tonididdy:
my inverter suddenly stopped charging with generator... what could be wrong?

thanks, Diddy.
so I opened the fuse area of the inverter and discovered the fuse is blown.
could this be the problem
can I go ahead and change it myself?
I don't want any explosions lol

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
tonididdy:

so I opened the fuse area of the inverter and discovered the fuse is blown.
could this be the problem
can I go ahead and change it myself?
I don't want any explosions lol
Put another fuse of similar rating and test, it cannot "blow" inasmuch as the fuse is within the inverter's rating
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
Penuelseun:
Put another fuse of similar rating and test, it cannot "blow" inasmuch as the fuse is within the inverter's rating
wrong diagnosis grin
didn't work still
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
tonididdy:

wrong diagnosis grin
didn't work still

Take it to their office off Allen roundabout Ikeja. They will fix it for you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
ojeysky:

That's 5.8kwh at 49v would be at least 80% DoD already, what was it rated for? If 7kwh then it may not be a bad deal afterall

After a more detailed look, I can confidently say that this battery is 120AH or 5.7KWh. It is made of 16 prismatic cells of 120AH each. I think Felicity is guilty of false advertising and should be reported to Standard Organisation of Nigeria. It is neither 200AH or 7.5KWh.

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) ... (1651) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Jefferyzz(m), AllyPolly and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.