Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,453 members, 7,781,310 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:14 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (795) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (1990985 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) ... (1634) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 11:38am On Jul 08, 2020
adrusa:

Does PowMr or Makeskyblue have computer communications of any kind? Modbus, serial etc? Some of us needs to find ways to get the data out. Thanks
Hi I'm not a tech guy
I only ordered these from CHN based on professionals recommendation, I intend using one myself and selling out the other two.

Btw... One 1 unit left

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 11:41am On Jul 08, 2020
Between a dedicated Felicity Solar Freezer and a thermocool freezer used on an inverter, what would you guys suggest one goes for?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TSHIRT2: 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
ojesymsym:
Between a dedicated Felicity Solar Freezer and a thermocool freezer used on an inverter, what would you guys suggest one goes for?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TSHIRT2: 12:35pm On Jul 08, 2020
[quote author=tonididdy post=91467605]2 units AVAILABLE

PowerMR mppt 60A solar charge controller.

Price: 45,000 (slightly negotiatable)
Mention me for instant purchase. [/quote
Interested, need ur contact
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
CONTACT US FOR DISCOUNTED PRICES ON THESE LUMINOUS PRODUCTS!

Feel free to reach us for variety of Luminous inverter & solar products order acrosss any state as usual !

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2020
kiekie1:
HURRY! PROMO PRICE!!

Axpert 3kva 24v solar/hybrid pure sinewave LCD wall mount inverter with inbuilt 80a combined AC (30a) & solar (50a) charge current .

Is the in-built SCC MPPT or PWM?

Edited: I see that Ojeysky having like mind, has asked the same question.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 2:00pm On Jul 08, 2020
tonididdy:

Hi I'm not a tech guy
I only ordered these from CHN based on professionals recommendation, I intend using one myself and selling out the other two.

Btw... One 1 unit left
In fact, I've been called to pick up the two units that's arrived. Hope to be around next week to receive it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
ojesymsym:

Actually I'm beginning to see the futility in DC solar freezer, I may be wrong though.

Usually for the DC freezers, they'll recommend 2 units 200Ah battery and around 600 watts panel for the 24hrs function to be guaranteed. Whereas size for size for the Hiaer Thermocool 40% energy saving series, with the same set up, you will likely get the same backup time if not less. Of course the conversion efficiency loss associated with inverter is still there but that's nonetheless.

Now the inverter AC freezers is on a different level. It appears that in consumption, it will trump any DC solar freezers size for size anytime anyday.

The ultimate advantage of the DC solar freezer, it seems, is the fact that you won't not to acquire an inverter.

NB: I have not had real life experiences with DC solar freezers to be emphatic about this, so my opinion of it is at best anecdotal, but at least I can vouch for that of 40% energy saving series of the Haier and hopefully by next week I should be able to have adequate UX information on their inverter freezers.

Differing opinions from experienced users of DC freezers are seriously welcomed.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
ceaser:

Is the in-built SCC MPPT or PWM?

Edited: I see that Ojeysky having like mind, has asked the same question.

Yes I got his mail & has been duely replied .. Call OR simply chat me up on product of interest Sir. Thanks

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Easylearner: 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
My inverter just got toast(burnt)from thunder... no surge protector.

I'm planning to fix the inverter and install surge protector...

What is the best way to install surge protector :

Between the Charge Controller and panel
Between the inverter Ac output and house load
Between the inverter Ac input (to charge the battery) and Nepa...

Please I would need your advice.

#Oga Niyi
# Oga Caesar
# Oga mctfopt
# The other Ogas
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
I am guessing you do not have proper earthing also?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Easylearner: 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
ojesymsym:
I am guessing you do not have proper earthing also?
Maybe... tenant na I be o undecided
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Christgalaxy(m): 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
tonididdy:

Hi I'm not a tech guy

Btw... One 1 unit left
how much are you selling it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
[quote author=TSHIRT2 post=91505525][/quote]

Include your contact details
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
tonididdy:

Hi I'm not a tech guy

Btw... One 1 unit left

Your price?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
Looks like getting a 1.5 to 2kva MPPT hybrid is quite scarce, any suggestion for a good 1kva to 2kva pure sine wave inverter(with inbuilt charger)?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2020
Oh, please, regarding the GK, is the default charging profile for AGM batteries built in to the inverter optimal? or do i need to tweak? I have 2 units of 200AH in series for 24v.

Thanks.
ojeysky:

Welcome to the GK world, how early does your inverter wake up and sleep? I can inform you ahead that you may need to add at least 2 more panels later wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TSHIRT2: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
ojeysky:

Include your contact details
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by monakii: 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
Hello house. Pls I av a 32" LED TV and I am planning to use it on my soon-to-setup Solar/Dc system. My question is that; can it work? If yes what will I need to do. Thanks in anticipation of a very urgent response.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 6:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
ojeysky:

Your price?
Sorry my late reply.
It's 45,000 sir.
60aamps mppt SCC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
litaninja:
Oh, please, regarding the GK, is the default charging profile for AGM batteries built in to the inverter optimal? or do i need to tweak? I have 2 units of 200AH in series for 24v.

Thanks.

It was fine when I used AGM, 28.2/27.6 bulk/float should be fine. Ultimately I suggest you use the spec on the battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 7:25pm On Jul 08, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
I am afraid your bad experience is very likely due to poor or inadequate earthing/lightning protection at your location - it is best if you fix this first before purchasing a new inverter as even a premium inverter would fail if it took a lightning hit.

You stated that the inverter was charging the battery from the mains during a heavy thunderstorm - lightning as you know hits power transmission lines pretty often and this could easily be carried through the line to your house equipment.

A suitable earthing system and LPS coupled with a SPD to take the hit/heat away from your inverter and household equipment is the way to go.

thanks house for the response and advice. infact I was surprised as I believed the general house have an earth, if it is enough is another issue but my neighbor's ipower plus inverter survived the hit.
as the whole compound is hard concrete and various water and waste pipes has been laid through various paths, I can have that permission to being to install earthing system.
please, what other ideal gadget can I improvise to prevent future occurence?
it is hard lesson to know that once it is cloudy, I disconnect all power.
I await various suggestions.
thank you

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TSHIRT2: 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
tonididdy:

Sorry my late reply.
It's 45,000 sir.
60aamps mppt SCC
Your contact
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
backfrom another unwarranted ban.

so went inverter fridge hunting today, zeroed in on 2 , Considering LG again. the sellers werent knowledgabel aout the consumption of the fridge, and the sticker on 1 says 1.5amps , which appears too high. need to go back with a meter, for a final decision. Prices hv really spiked o embarassed embarassed
anybody using samsung or scanfrost inverter fridge?

1. LG REF : 432HLHN-H 278K
2. LG REF : 322RLBN 210K

and now my watt meter of over 3 yrs has packed up, it displayed voltage and frequency, but refuses to read watts, opened it up, didnt see anything amiss. anybody experienced this b4?
. my clamp meter also is bad, got bad 3 months ago, and covid 19, hasnt let me buy another one yet.
i wonder why 2 of them decided to pack up same time
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
Easylearner:

#Oga Niyi
# Oga Caesar
# Oga mctfopt
# The other Ogas

I believe this post by NiyiOmolyunade addresses some part of your inquiry.

NiyiOmoIyunade:
I am afraid your bad experience is very likely due to poor or inadequate earthing/lightning protection at your location - it is best if you fix this first before purchasing a new inverter as even a premium inverter would fail if it took a lightning hit.

You stated that the inverter was charging the battery from the mains during a heavy thunderstorm - lightning as you know hits power transmission lines pretty often and this could easily be carried through the line to your house equipment.

A suitable earthing system and LPS coupled with an SPD to take the hit/heat away from your inverter and household equipment is the way to go.

By the way, I don't know how feasible a repair of the inverter might be. Except the company offers to replace the board, any other repairs by some random electronic/inverter technician may just be like wasting time.

If it's not so much, have you considered getting a new unit?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
@ bolded. Does it use battery as secondary power? If yes, you might need to replace the batteries as it may be messing with the memory and stuff.

My wattmeter had a slot for button batteries, but I never used it for once until about 3 weeks ago when it started acting up. It beeps when plugged into the mains and all the elements on the display show up all at once, haphazardly, making reading any meaningful information difficult.

So I decided to put the battery slot to use, it took 2 button batteries in series. The problem has not repeated itself since then.

earthrealm:
backfrom another unwarranted ban.

so went inverter fridge hunting today, zeroed in on 2 , Considering LG again. the sellers werent knowledgabel aout the consumption of the fridge, and the sticker on 1 says 1.5amps , which appears too high. need to go back with a meter, for a final decision.
anybody using samsung or scanfrost inverter fridge?

and now my watt meter of over 3 yrs has packed up, it displayed voltage and frequency, but refuses to read watts, opened it up, didnt see anything amiss. anybody experienced this b4?
. my clamp meter also is bad, got bad 3 months ago, and covid 19, hasnt let me buy another one yet.
i wonder why 2 of them decided to pack up same time
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
ceaser:
@ bolded. Does it use battery as secondary power? If yes, you might need to replace the batteries as it may be messing with the memory and stuff.

My wattmeter had a slot for button batteries, but I never used it for once until about 3 weeks ago when it started acting up. It beeps when plugged into the mains and all the elements on the display show up all at once, haphazardly, making reading any meaningful information difficult.

So I decided to put the battery slot to use, it took 2 button batteries in series. The problem has not repeated itself since then.

yeah, uses battery..the issue started with the screen going blank, i deduced that the batteries are dead.. 2 button batts, replaced the,m and the screen came up, but not reading the wattage. i hv reset it too, no dice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Easylearner: 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
ceaser:

I believe this post by NiyiOmolyunade addresses some part of your inquiry.

By the way, I don't know how feasible a repair of the inverter might be. Except the company offers to replace the board, any other repairs by some random electronic/inverter technician may just be like wasting time.

If it's not so much, have you considered getting a new unit?
My technician said the inverter will work...

Do you suggest I earth the house and fix SPD for just the panels or both the inverter input and output side?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
Easylearner:

#Oga Niyi
# Oga Casar
# Oga mctfopt
# The other Ogas

I see I'm mentioned here, do you have a good earth, and thunder arrestor installed in the location?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Christgalaxy(m): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
tonididdy:
abeg if that your dog get puppy... Biko quote me.
I have sold all
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2020
Cool. Noted, thanks!

ojeysky:

It was fine when I used AGM, 28.2/27.6 bulk/float should be fine. Ultimately I suggest you use the spec on the battery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) ... (1634) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: mikeayus(m), deking(m), Bb007 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.