Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (857) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042418 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) ... (1678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SoftHeart(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2020
Valto:
i talk am say na quack grin. imagine recommending unknown brand of 200ah agm(probably 150ah in reality) and
just 2pcs of 280w panels and a 20A PWM, with the usual 2.5mm wire grin,
the elders are coming to recommend a good setup for you, only if u will agree to save up, and go for durability. u need atleast 800k.

All right Sir.

Thanks. I'll wait.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obi58: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2020
Valto:
i talk am say na quack grin. imagine recommending unknown brand of 200ah agm(probably 150ah in reality) and
just 2pcs of 280w panels and a 20A PWM, with the usual 2.5mm wire grin,
the elders are coming to recommend a good setup for you, only if u will agree to save up, and go for durability. u need atleast 800k.

Hello I need your advice on my solar panel setup and how best to optimize the performance. I'm a novice so I don't know for example what lfp means so just bear with me. The entire objective is to get better information :

Inverter: Luminous 1.5kva
Batteries: Ritar 200ah (2nos)
Panels: 300w mono panels (2nos) and 260w mono panels (connected all in series)
Charge controller: PWM 60amps
Wire used: 6mm solar cable

So far I've not exceeded charging amp of 26amps and my batteries barely exceed 25.2volts.

Kindly advise
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
obi58:

Hello I need your advice on my solar panel setup and how best to optimize the performance. I'm a novice so I don't know for example what lfp means so just bear with me. The entire objective is to get better information :

Inverter: Luminous 1.5kva
Batteries: Ritar 200ah (2nos)
Panels: 300w mono panels (2nos) and 260w mono panels (connected all in series)
Charge controller: PWM 60amps
Wire used: 6mm solar cable

So far I've not exceeded charging amp of 26amps and my batteries badly exceed 25.2volts.

Kindly advise
the elders are coming to advise soon..
however my own advise is..
its not good to mix panels of different capacity in series
advise:sell off the 260w panels and buy 2pcs of the same 300w to make it 1200w
secondly discard the PWM cc and get a 60A mppt CC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obi58: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
Valto:

Thanks....

I heard that some people connect panels in series and parallel. Whats the advantage?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2020
ojeysky:
Someone expressed interest in my current 200AH LFP bank some time ago but I can't seem to find the post. It should be available from next week for 400k pere, you can reach me on whatsApp.
Current status:

1. 16 by 105 cells

2. It's deepest discharge I have done is 170AH

3. Its currently at about 150cycles or less. From the picture you will see 85cycles but I installed the BMV about 3months of usage.

4. Procured early this year, around Feb/march.

5. It has a reset button incase you do a deep discharge and trip the BMS but that button no longer works. So if your BMS trips, you will need to wake it up by charging from utility source the Daly BMS does not wake up by solar charging in hybrid systems unless you are using an external CC

I have attached some pictures for your reference

Sold
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
ojeysky:

Sold

Congratulations to you and the lucky buyer. Win win for e everyone cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
SoftHeart:

Thanks Sir.
So I asked some questions from the man as advised by @ceaser and I got the following information from him.

Brand: Soccer Power Inverter

Type: 2.5KVA Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Battery: Altimate Agm 200Ah, 12VDC High Quality. 2 batteries.

Panel: 2 panels (280W)

Are you going to use MPPT charge controller?
No. I will use PWM Charge Controller
The MPPT is meant for multiple solar panels, like 16panels, While the PWM is meant for 2 or more.
Is this information about the charge controller correct?

Also, please what's your advice on this?

Kindly contact installers here. Even if they can't make it to your location. Even if it involves paying a fee, some of them can help you get what you want. Then you can get an installer your end to do the job. My first panel was four numbers of 130w panel. I used MPPT CC. Never used a PWM CC and I wonder if I ever will. I doubt two solar panels (probably 250w or less) will be enough to charge two 12v 200ah batteries. Unless of course your load is like 50w or less.

Edit: I just saw where you said the solar panel is 280w, is that the size for each or for the two panels?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
ceaser:

Bàbá don upgrade.

Just thinking.
If I drop my 24/100 (3 months in use now) for you, collect that 24/200 and add shinkini money to am. After all na the same supplier assemble am.

Just thinking ni o, not even decided on it yet (In Mr Macaroni's voice)

Bros what will I be using the 24/100 for na grin. I don hang boot on battery bank after the one I have just done o, fingers crossed on its performance. I hope it delivers like the previous one I had.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
80a Fangpusun 150k
60a Fangpusun 125k
50a bluesolar 50k
30a bluesolar. 40k
3.5kw/48v XTM 460k
5.5kw/48 XTH 930K
Other models available
080-987-337-09
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
Penuelseun:
Good afternoon, can you pls post a picture of the dc watt meter you bought as the one I saw in the place you bought yours looks inferior to me

Hello bro. We discussed via Whatsapp.

I didnt buy the one the guy sells because it does look inferior. Just like you pointed out, the wires are quite small in width and i wondered whether it would be able to perform optimally under high load capacity.

I think i am better off buying the one in the attached picture that Mctfopt confirmed he uses. In this venture, i have decided to make purchases based on people's direct usage experiences. No money for experimentation now, until i reach the level of bosses like Saint2ace, Ojeysky, Adrusa and several others here... grin cheesy na oga dem be cheesy

I will be placing an order for it via Jumia by tomorrow. I hope it comes soonest.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SoftHeart(m): 7:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
mctfopt:

Kindly contact installers here. Even if they can't make it to your location. Even if it involves paying a fee, some of them can help you get what you want. Then you can get an installer your end to do the job. My first panel was four numbers of 130w panel. I used MPPT CC. Never used a PWM CC and I wonder if I ever will. I doubt two solar panels (probably 250w or less) will be enough to charge two 12v 200ah batteries. Unless of course your load is like 50w or less.

Edit: I just saw where you said the solar panel is 280w, is that the size for each or for the two panels?

Thanks for your response.

It's actually 280w each, but I've decided not to go with the guy again, because of the responses I've gotten so far.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
SoftHeart:

Thanks for your response.

It's actually 280w each, but I've decided not to go with the guy again, because of the responses I've gotten so far.

You just dodged a bullet... grin...if not, you would have come here in say 6 months time with a story like "...the setup i recently did through an installer is dead...". May God not allow our resources waste due to the negligence and misinformation of others, and not doing our own due diligence.

In addition to the due diligence you have begun doing, endeavour to pitch your tent here and learn from the experiences of more informed folks here. Even though you can afford to hire an installer to do the job and bear the risks on your behalf, it is still in your good interest to have to acquaint yourself with best practices, methods, maintenance techniques and developments in this venture, as it is a very dynamic one.

I have told my niggas that if they dont see me at home, they should come here and look for me... grin

Goodluck sir.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Hello bro. We discussed via Whatsapp.

I didnt buy the one the guy sells because it does look inferior. Just like you pointed out, the wires are quite small in width and i wondered whether it would be able to perform optimally under high load capacity.

I think i am better off buying the one in the attached picture that Mctfopt confirmed he uses. In this venture, i have decided to make purchases based on people's direct usage experiences. No money for experimentation now, until i reach the level of bosses like Saint2ace, Ojeysky, Adrusa and several others here... grin cheesy na oga dem be cheesy

I will be placing an order for it via Jumia by tomorrow. I hope it comes soonest.

I hear custom now charges significant amount for international orders placed on Jumia, you will see the estimated cost on checkout though

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 12:42am On Sep 28, 2020
Oshomo12:

For your 2.5kva with two 200ah
1. Mppt CC, 50A, 100V or 150v
2. 1,000w solar(recommended)
3. wires, 6mm(panel to cc) 13/16mm cc to batteries
4. Never chop off panel MC4 connectors
5. Circuit breakers for panels, fuse, both dc and ac SPD's. Etc etc

Just to add, buy a better battery and inverter
PWM can work for 1,000W PV for a 24VDC system. In fact, properly matched, it can give excellent results for 1,500PV in 24VDC system. But that's about the limit. Cable inefficiencies and cost would begin crippling the system thereafter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 12:56am On Sep 28, 2020
earthrealm:

Also the infinitum desulphator, who knows where i can get it and how much?
I bought the first two from eBay or directly from the company about a decade or more back. I'm not sure at the moment. Subsequent purchases were directly from the company. Check the Infinitum online store link.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 6:46am On Sep 28, 2020
Oshomo12:

For your 2.5kva with two 200ah
1. Mppt CC, 50A, 100V or 150v
2. 1,000w solar(recommended)
3. wires, 6mm(panel to cc) 13/16mm cc to batteries
4. Never chop off panel MC4 connectors
5. Circuit breakers for panels, fuse, both dc and ac SPD's. Etc etc

Just to add, buy a better battery and inverter

I am curious, what is the reason for your point number 4? Does it affect the panel efficiency or what?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:27am On Sep 28, 2020
SoftHeart:

Thanks Sir.
So I asked some questions from the man as advised by @ceaser and I got the following information from him.

Brand: Soccer Power Inverter

Type: 2.5KVA Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Battery: Altimate Agm 200Ah, 12VDC High Quality. 2 batteries.

Panel: 2 panels (280W)

Are you going to use MPPT charge controller?
No. I will use PWM Charge Controller
The MPPT is meant for multiple solar panels, like 16panels, While the PWM is meant for 2 or more.

Is this information about the charge controller correct?

Also, please what's your advice on this?

@ Bolded grin grin grin grin grin

That info is untrue. An MPPT will serve you better even on two panels and considering the fact that you need to make your set up future-proof, that is, capable of accomodating future expansion with addition of more solar panels, use of an MPPT is non-negotiable.

Football power PSW inverter. undecided
While 280e panel may not be bad but, I think a good starting point should be 300/320 watts panel from a reliable manufacturer. Because by the time you yourself have ample knowledge of your set up and you have the bucks, you will be itching to ditch the 280watts to upgrade to higher ratings in order to squeeze out more energy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:39am On Sep 28, 2020
Valto:

You missed that part he said all four panels were connected in series.

@ It's either your panels are connected 300w(2pcs) in series and 260w (2pcs) in series and then you parallel the two outcomes

OR

As ògá Valto talk am, just sell off your 260w and get a uniform 300w which will still not be "ALL CONNECTED IN SERIES" but in 2s2p configuration.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:44am On Sep 28, 2020
ojeysky:

Bros what will I be using the 24/100 for na grin. I don hang boot on battery bank after the one I have just done o, fingers crossed on its performance. I hope it delivers like the previous one I had.

I know say your new level does not operate at 24/100 again nau. You stil gats to sell am off.

My plan was to have you do the wàhálà of looking for buyer for the 24/100 while I go home with 24/200. cheesy

Congrats on the new power hub. Enjoy yourself jàre.

But I noticed it's still 24vokts pack. Is it the capacity that is different now?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 7:45am On Sep 28, 2020
Saipro:

PWM can work for 1,000W PV for a 24VDC system. In fact, properly matched, it can give excellent results for 1,500PV in 24VDC system. But that's about the limit. Cable inefficiencies and cost would begin crippling the system thereafter.

Yes of course!

BUT IF........ u have said it, "they" will never do that!

PWM 24v of 1kw solar is not for Kazeem installers.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 7:51am On Sep 28, 2020
eleojo23:

I am curious, what is the reason for your point number 4? Does it affect the panel efficiency or what?

Partial contact over time, exposure to the elements, wires can short out with time, how? village people! my brother, we are talking of fire at the end of the day.

come to think of it, Why must u chop it off in the first place self? angry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:16am On Sep 28, 2020
ojeysky:

I hear custom now charges significant amount for international orders placed on Jumia, you will see the estimated cost on checkout though

No wonder. Yeah, this must be true.

I tried to explore that Jumia angle because of monthly limit of 100usd on dollar transactions in our banks.

On 15k cumulative item, shipping was going to like 21k. I just deleted am from my cart.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2020
ceaser:

I know say your new level does not operate at 24/100 again nau. You stil gats to sell am off.

My plan was to have you do the wàhálà of looking for buyer for the 24/100 while I go home with 24/200. cheesy

Congrats on the new power hub. Enjoy yourself jàre.

But I noticed it's still 24vokts pack. Is it the capacity that is different now?

Yeah it's now 560AH, yet to determine actual capacity. If I get minimum of 500AH before BMS lvd then that will be a win
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:02am On Sep 28, 2020
ANT BMS, lithium chargers, bus bars, victron BMV 712 lithium balancers all still available

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Digitman(m): 9:59am On Sep 28, 2020
ojeysky:

Ah! This one na power house o grin it's certainly inadequate, you will need a budget of 6 digits to achieve this and 1 will not be the first number sef. So what was recommended to you is grossly inadequate. However if that is your budget then ditch the following:
Refrigerator, freezer and pump.

Remember he said he is not interested in powering all the listed appliances with solar. So does that not count for making what was listed adequate, even if not efficient? Just a question.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 10:19am On Sep 28, 2020
Guys, anyone knows much about this? https://photizzo.com

Reviews and all
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 10:22am On Sep 28, 2020
ojeysky:

Yeah it's now 560AH, yet to determine actual capacity. If I get minimum of 500AH before BMS lvd then that will be a win

You no go the 48v route again?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 10:39am On Sep 28, 2020
Oshomo12:

Partial contact over time, exposure to the elements, wires can short out with time, how? village people! my brother, we are talking of fire at the end of the day.

come to think of it, Why must u chop it off in the first place self? angry

Ok, thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:00am On Sep 28, 2020
essegis:

You no go the 48v route again?

That will be when I get a 48v inverter which is not in my plan for now. Make I rest small before madam vex grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 11:57am On Sep 28, 2020
SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!!
I have scrap batteries for sale.
There is a total of 16 batteries now
200amps x10 of Ritar/Genus
200amps Abrojets x2
220amps Mercury x 2
165amps Emerson slimx2
Transport at buyers cost please.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2020
Please I need a competent solar energy guru who can help me check my solar set up around the bells university otta

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) ... (1678) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: orkman(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.