Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,477 members, 7,781,389 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:40 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (1991076 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (1634) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:27am On Aug 07, 2011
aadewoyin,
your remote set up is quite interesting. what is the average power output for your
systems?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aadewoyin: 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
Actually , we just connected those camera directly to the charge controller, because all the IP Cameras and AP are 12volts input,

1 unit IP Speed Dome: 12v 3Amps
2 units Outdoor IR: 12v 2Amps
1 unit AP : 12V 1Amp

Our 100AH battery there, can power them for 2days, but we never let it drain,

@George_D Would you mind tell me how many hours is Sunlight in Nigeria, Lagos and Ibadan,
I have a IP surveillance setup there this coming September

Thanks sir,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isomadtech(m): 3:30pm On Aug 07, 2011
@ aadewoyin
i am glad i find this kind of pictures and the person involved. I am currently designing a project just like that and it is to monitor a whole city. i guess i will need your inputs if you dont mind. let me know if you can help out. though not in any problem but to get more knowledge. Thanks and i will expect your reply.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aadewoyin: 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
I am always here for advise,

Anyway i can help you?
email me: info@168tek.com
because i am still in the Philippines

I have setup this kind of systems in Philippines and other countries in Asia,
I will be in setting up one in Ibadan and Lagos this coming month.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aadewoyin: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
Here are some of my setup too, This is all powered by solar with IP Speed Dome Cameras and Wireless Access Point

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2011
aadewoyin:

Actually , we just connected those camera directly to the charge controller, because all the IP Cameras and AP are 12volts input,

1 unit IP Speed Dome: 12v 3Amps
2 units Outdoor IR: 12v 2Amps
1 unit AP : 12V 1Amp

Our 100AH battery there, can power them for 2days, but we never let it drain,

@George_D Would you mind tell me how many hours is Sunlight in Nigeria, Lagos and Ibadan,
I have a IP surveillance setup there this coming September

Thanks sir,

hi aadewoyin,
from the volts and amps output of your system i think it may be a little under 100w. not bad at all for a remote outpost. do you carry out daily visits on site or do you let the system run itself for extended periods?

average sunlight hours for lagos and ibadan is about 5hours on a good day. however now that we are in the thick of the rainy season, you should expect this to drop to around 2 to 3hrs because of cloud cover.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aadewoyin: 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
Yes sir, you are right, We visit there once a week, But system doesn't even die at all,
About the Sunlight, wow, 5hours? too bad, here in Philippines, we have like 8hours sunlight,
well, i am hoping for the best for my installation in Naija
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2011
aadewoyin,
during dry season (or harmattan) sunlight hours could be as much as 7 to 8hrs here but not so for the rainy season. i don't need to remind you that for a more relaible system, its always best to design for the worst case scenario.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aadewoyin: 11:06am On Aug 09, 2011
Yes sir,

I feel you sir, thanks so much sir, can you PM me your email add sir, maybe we could discuss,
thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akanniade(m): 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2011
@ George_D
Bros how you dey?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2011
aadewoyin:

Yes sir,

I feel you sir, thanks so much sir, can you PM me your email add sir, maybe we could discuss,
thanks

you got mail!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 09, 2011
Akanniade:

@ George_D
Bros how you dey?

my brother,
long time no hear! how is your system doing? i expect that your daily energy harvest should have increased significantly by now especially with signs of august break around the corner?

pls lets have your cumulative kwh till date. cheers!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aadewoyin: 12:28am On Aug 10, 2011
George_D:

you got mail!

Yes Sir, Got your mail, Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgint: 7:52am On Aug 11, 2011
@ George D

A guy is offering two 12V, 160AH deep circle batteries at N50k plus N5K for shipping, total N55k. Please is it a bargain price?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akanniade(m): 8:23am On Aug 11, 2011
@George_D

Am still at work. will get to lagos next week.

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2011
akanniade,
ok, no wahala. feed me back when your in town.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2011
microgi@nt:

@ George D

A guy is offering two 12V, 160AH deep circle batteries at N50k plus N5K for shipping, total N55k. Please is it a bargain price?

microgiant,
it is not a bargain. you can get a good 12v 200ah battery like zenith for same price.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgint: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2011
ok, thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2011
@MICROGIANT.ITS NOT A GOOD DEAL. YOU CAN GET PRAG DEEP CYCLE 200ah batteries for 57k inn buyright, portharcourt,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgint: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2011
earthrealm:

@MICROGIANT.ITS NOT A GOOD DEAL. YOU CAN GET PRAG DEEP CYCLE 200ah batteries for 57k inn buyright, portharcourt,

Is it the price of 1 you are quoting? The guy is giving me 2 at that price, plus i was interested as he mentioned he got them while working with a telecoms company grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2011
microgiant,
sorry about the mix-up. i thought you said one each for that amount. but if your getting 2pcs batteries of 140ah for 55k then i think its a good bargain - provided the batteries are in good condition.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgint: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2011
sure it's 2(nos) of 160AH at 25K each
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2011
ok, go for it. cheers!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ask1509(m): 1:32am On Aug 15, 2011
@ George_d
pls, the only thing i still dont know is how you buy your materials online (or how you pay for them).
i always see ur post about u contacting some canadian or other foreign companies to buy ur solar materials and other stuffs(satellites goods).
i know its a little bit off topic but i would like you to pls help a brother by giving the directions.
here is my email if you cant answer me here.: seguntaiwoojo@gmail.com
thank you sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2011
ask1509,
you got mail!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ask1509(m): 10:54am On Aug 16, 2011
i got it tanxs. Will contact hm wen am readyi got it tanxs. Will contact hm wen am ready
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2011
you're welcome!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pecorns: 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2011
@Akanniade

Congratulations on your project. How long have you been running your system? What is the brand of your solar panels?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akanniade(m): 11:32am On Aug 18, 2011
@ pecorns

Thanks.
Its been day 32 of being on solar. 196KWH harvested. The panels are suntech brand.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pecorns: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2011
@Akanniade

From my calculations, you have a nominal 3360W system, using 24 panels. Why did you not use higher rated panels like 170w, 240W and 260W. For the same amount of money, you could get more power and save yourself space and money. Is there any reason why you choose 140W panel? What are your thoughts about Tigo Maximiser? If you install them you could monitor the performance of each module on your computer and increase output efficicency?

Do you mind sending me your email address? I would like to ask some questions about your entire exprience.

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
George_D:

ok, go for it. cheers!
Please can I run a building that uses 7.5 kva generator entirely on solar energy and what will the cost be like.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pecorns: 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2011
@blink182
The answer is yes, but the question you will have to answer is does the building really use 7.5KVA (6KW) of power. It is no advise able to size your needs according to your generator size. Must generator produce excess power that is needed by the consumer. I would suggest that you perform a details energy analysis of your building. Find out the number, wattage, and number of hours of use of all the light bulbs and other electrical appliances you have in the building. This way you will know exactly how many watts you actually need.

If i was to go with your generator rating, a 7.5KVA system produces 6KW of power given that your generator has an efficiency of at least 80%. The cost for a 6KW system will be in the minimum 5-6million Naira, including all your panels, maximizer, Charge controllers batteries, inverters, mounting material and labor. If you just looking for panels, inverters, charge controller with no batteries, I believe this will cost you about 4Million Naira.

The price there is just an estimate, there are some many factors that could easily reduce or increase the price like the amount of space you have, your energy consumption, number of days of autonomy, shading analysis. All these will affect your pricing.

I you are really intreasted and the afford it, email me @ pecorns1986@gmail.com and I can help you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (1634) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: vitality22(m), chinnyonwu(m), abbey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.