Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (917) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042910 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
Pochettino:

Thank you. I'll reply you reasonably because you afforded me same.

If the response you deem "unfair" is the one where I said I don't understand a thing then you may have misunderstood me.

I was actually being honest. All his calculations/terms confunded me & I was lost so I didn't know what next to type. It wasn't an insult.

All I wanted was a price tag so I could negotiate & we agree & deal. I have no clue what 2000ah & 4, 200watts mean & I duly said so.

Hope you understand. Thanks.

Sir, an inverter system, especially the magnitude you want, is too large an investment for you not to know things as basic as the wattage of your appliances.

The main work is not the installation. It is not a plug-and-constant-play thing. The main work is the usage and maintenance of the system. There are at least 100 ways things could go wrong within the components of the system. The components are quite fragile.

All we are asking is for you to lend yourself to some basic knowledge/idea so that you dont even become a burden to the installer as you could be calling him every now and then for even very basic things you can resolve on your own.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pochettino(f): 11:01pm On Dec 23, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Honestly, this is the most hilarious post I have seen on this thread.

If you know the kind men wey dey here, you go know sey nobody send that your monetary offer. What we do here mainly is dissemination of valuable tips and information.

If you dont get off your high horse and give yourself to basic study of the inverter process, this is what will happen to you shortly:

1. You will eventually get an installer that you, even in your present little knowledge, are far better than.

2. He will give you a quote of at least 700k to power those appliances you listed up there

3. In less than 6 months, the bank will will not hold up to 1hr backup time. Your appliances will be lucky to survive

4. You will then be forced to understand how the whole process works

5. You will use an alternate moniker to begin asking burning questions on how to do things better

6. You will then dole out at least 500k to step wisely create your own ideal system.

Baba, I no dey swear for you ooo...but I speak based on both direct and indirect experience.

Na here all of us dey dey wait for you.

wink

Thank you very much Mr. ITK. Although nobody been ask you.

So for your mind, because I talk say I nor sabi all those terms & terminologies come mean say I be complete Jew man.
I don use inverter wella just say I never personally owned one b4.

I can operate it as long as it is set up & told what to connect/disconnect. E no be rocket science.

Thanks once again oversabi. Belike say all man for dis thread jus like to chook mouth 4 wetin nor concern una like market women. Yet una dey claim "big men wey no get time for my small money". Na wa.

I don comot here abeg.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 1:00am On Dec 24, 2020
Guys, let's move on. A word is enough for the wise. To help person no be by force. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:20am On Dec 24, 2020
Pochettino:

Thank you very much Mr. ITK. Although nobody been ask you.

So for your mind, because I talk say I nor sabi all those terms & terminologies come mean say I be complete Jew man.
I don use inverter wella just say I never personally owned one b4.

I can operate it as long as it is set up & told what to connect/disconnect. E no be rocket science

Thanks once again oversabi. Belike say all man for dis thread jus like to chook mouth 4 wetin nor concern una like market women. Yet una dey claim "big men wey no get time for my small money". Na wa.

I don comot here abeg.

It is obviously obvious you do not want to learn.
You see dat bold part up, says it all that YOU REALLY DONT KNOW A THING ABOUT INVERTER SET UP grin
Very funny guy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 1:38am On Dec 24, 2020
Lolz, las las my hunches dey correct after all. grin grin
I wonder how you all didnt see it right from the start.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:00am On Dec 24, 2020
grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cypha(m): 4:11am On Dec 24, 2020
In your rush to reply and sound half intelligent you didn’t fully utilize your senses, take another look at my post, I said most and not all... how do you feel now ? No apologies needed just make sure you read well next time ! Have a nice day
Pochettino:

This is ironic coming from someone who just offered "advice" to an absolute stranger he's had no previous correspondence with.

You should check your manners.

If everyone here (like you stated) does not offer services then a simple "kindly check elsewhere, there are no sellers on this thread" would suffice & I would be off to some other place for my needs not baseless assumptions on my intentions/personality. That is hypocritical.

Again, I never demanded anyone respond to me. I simply dropped my message as I did in several other platforms & hopped off. I believed that anyone interested would respond. You could have simply ignored my message & scrolled past.

Finally, your claim that there are no sellers on this thread is false. I just got someone from this thread who is willing to setup an inverter for me.

Goodnight.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AshipaEk0: 4:55am On Dec 24, 2020
CleanTechnica: Electrify Everything: The Cost Of Solar Cells Has Nowhere To Go But Down, Down, Down.
https://cleantechnica.com/2020/12/22/electrify-everything-the-cost-of-solar-cells-has-nowhere-to-go-but-down-down-down/
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 5:57am On Dec 24, 2020
Point noted.
Would have been very nice though if they could retain heat a lot more longer
omotoda:

It's not because they are inverter freezers but because they are frost free freezers. To enjoy frost free freezers you must have regular supply of power because their technology is such they do not form frost(ice) so even when the get iced to a point there is an internal cooling mechanism that blows air and prevents frost.
odimbannamdi:

The idea is that, your inverter will nearly always be on... grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 6:59am On Dec 24, 2020
ojesymsym:
Point noted.
Would have been very nice though if they could retain heat a lot more longer

You must run them on inverter for greater part of the day if you would enjoy them.I have a Bruhm freezer that is frost free and a scanfrost freezer that is the conventional freezer.I can leave the scanfrost for up to 2 days without power and the frost still retains but the bruhm,once light goes madam has to use the bigger inverter immediately to power it cos you can't decide when IKEDC will bring back their power and in less than one hour you will be shocked with what you see.Frost free freezers are not good in situation of epileptic power supply.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 7:35am On Dec 24, 2020
I was carried away with the low power demand of the so called inverter fridge that I did not consider that heat retention is a very important aspect of energy conservation.
I also have a scanfrost but I am also not impressed by it's heat retention, however I have had it for a long while so I guess the newer models will be better especially the one recommended earlier which claims up to 120hrs heat retention.
I will have to go for that then. I thought thermocool were the leaders in fridge/ freezers in Nigeria?
omotoda:

You must run them on inverter for greater part of the day if you would enjoy them.I have a Bruhm freezer that is frost free and a scanfrost freezer that is the conventional freezer.I can leave the scanfrost for up to 2 days without power and the frost still retains but the bruhm,once light goes madam has to use the bigger inverter immediately to power it cos you can't decide when IKEDC will bring back their power and in less than one hour you will be shocked with what you see.Frost free freezers are not good in situation of epileptic power supply.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Solardepot: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2020
Job description
Solar Depot Nigeria is a leading player in the Solar Energy Industry in Nigeria. We provide end-to-end solutions for solar systems which include sales and installation of quality solar systems and equipment.

We are interested in intelligent, highly motivated, and hardworking candidates who possess a good sense of judgment in analyzing, resolving problems. We require candidates who value honesty and integrity.

Position
• Solar Technician

• Ibadan

Qualification
Engineering graduate “Electrical and Electronics Engineering” preferred, however graduates from related fields can apply.

Selection Process

Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong knowledge of solar-powered systems in terms of sales and installation of solar inverters.
Prospective candidates must have a B.Sc or HND from a reputable Institution.
A minimum of 1-2 years of trackable work experience is required

Applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to vacancy@solardepotng.com

https://www.solardepotng.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/solardepotng
https://www.instagram.com/solardepotng/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 8:06am On Dec 24, 2020
ojesymsym:
I was carried away with the low power demand of the so called inverter fridge that I did not consider that heat retention is a very important aspect of energy conservation.
I also have a scanfrost but I am also not impressed by it's heat retention, however I have had it for a long while so I guess the newer models will be better especially the one recommended earlier which claims up to 120hrs heat retention.
I will have to go for that then. I thought thermocool were the leaders in fridge/ freezers in Nigeria?
Heat or cold retention?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 8:29am On Dec 24, 2020
Mechanical engineers tend to call all of them heat but yes I meant cold retention
Namzy:

Heat or cold retention?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2020
Mid-week entertainment, and somebody said this thread was boring.... Lolz

Like someone rightly said no be by force to help person, we all have what makes us who we are, so let's forget the distractions and move forward.....

@NiyiOmoIyunade thanks once again for a great deal and an enlightening morning on Tuesday, more winds to ur sails sir. Salute...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generalstingz(m): 9:45am On Dec 24, 2020
generalstingz:
Up for grabs.

Felicity 5kva 48V inverter 3 months used 205k

Felicity 2.5kva 24v inveter 3 months used 175k

Felicity lithium pack 200AH 24V 3 months used 4 units 374k

2 with warranty intact ( 374k) and 2 with voided warranty (350k)

Discounts on multiple purchase

Client is upgrading

EDITED

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Lovelynife(m): 10:44am On Dec 24, 2020
Any 1kva pure sinewave inverter for sale at clearance sales here? big ogas in the house,sell ur psw u r not using again for me ooo. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 10:49am On Dec 24, 2020
Lovelynife:
Any 1kva pure sinewave inverter for sale at clearance sales here? big ogas in the house,sell ur psw u r not using again for me ooo. Thanks in anticipation

I have one for sale.
Product: 12V/900VA PSW Bravo series Luminous inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Lovelynife(m): 10:58am On Dec 24, 2020
Monlo:

I have one for sale. Product: 12V/900VA PSW Bravo series Luminous inverter.
how much and location?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 11:23am On Dec 24, 2020
ojesymsym:

I bought my scanfrost in 2011.Till date I have not had cause to do any repair/maintenance on it.It still freezes very well.I have seen the newer models too but I suspect they are frost free as well. Perhaps anyone in the house who has frost free freezer with reasonable cold retention rate can recommend to you but believe me ,with the exception if few,all these newer models are all same of same .I personally prefer the non frost free and would always buy the low energy consuming ones.My scafrost consumes about 120 watts or there about.I know this is high for energy saving folks but I dedicated a 2.5kva/36 volts inverter to my fridge and freezer ( hooked to 1000watts panels) so I can't complain.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2020
lol... Same year I bought mine. I be non wan talk the year make folks non de ask weda I non want make Scanfrost chop and just like you I have never called any technician to come have a look. Each time I want to sell, I always feel guilty because I fear what if I bought a new one and me and Kazeem (repairers) become friends.
However, even though mine is not also not a frost free freezer, I noticed since I bought it that it was not really able to retain coldness that much, at least for a freezer. In short, within 2 months I had to call them to come check why within 2 days it was losing coolness then. Not sure it is the model I got.
The inverter LG friend is however a newer one and definitely much worse in retaining ice since it is frost free one. Maybe I will buy the Scranfrost Sfl151m Comfort Line recommended by Abdomox before deciding to let this other older one go.
omotoda:

I bought my scanfrost in 2011.Till date I have not had cause to do any repair/maintenance on it.It still freezes very well.I have seen the newer models too but I suspect they are frost free as well. Perhaps anyone in the house who has frost free freezer with reasonable cold retention rate can recommend to you but believe me ,with the exception if few,all these newer models are all same of same .I personally prefer the non frost free and would always buy the low energy consuming ones.My scafrost consumes about 120 watts or there about.I know this is high for energy saving folks but I dedicated a 2.5kva/36 volts inverter to my fridge and freezer ( hooked to 1000watts panels) so I can't complain.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 11:57am On Dec 24, 2020
ojesymsym:
lol... Same year I bought mine. I be non wan talk the year make folks non de ask weda I non want make Scanfrost chop and just like you I have never called any technician to come have a look. Each time I want to sell, I always feel guilty because I fear what if I bought a new one and me and Kazeem (repairers) become friends.
However, even though mine is not also not a frost free freezer, I noticed since I bought it that it was not really able to retain coldness that much, at least for a freezer. In short, within 2 months I had to call them to come check why within 2 days it was losing coolness then. Not sure it is the model I got.
The inverter LG friend is however a newer one and definitely much worse in retaining ice since it is frost free one. Maybe I will buy the Scranfrost Sfl151m Comfort Line recommended by Abdomox before deciding to let this other older one go.

U can go for thermocool 200H....don't know the exact wattage, but it's minimal. I power it daily on my inverter and it retains cold
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 12:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
Do you have a particular model recommendation?
Peterlove11:

U can go for thermocool 200H....don't know the exact wattage, but it's minimal. I power it daily on my inverter and it retains cold
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2020
Lovelynife:

how much and location?

Zero 805 4488 31eight

Let's take it here
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
Pochettino:

This is ironic coming from someone who just offered "advice" to an absolute stranger he's had no previous correspondence with.

You should check your manners.

If everyone here (like you stated) does not offer services then a simple "kindly check elsewhere, there are no sellers on this thread" would suffice & I would be off to some other place for my needs not baseless assumptions on my intentions/personality. That is hypocritical.

Again, I never demanded anyone respond to me. I simply dropped my message as I did in several other platforms & hopped off. I believed that anyone interested would respond. You could have simply ignored my message & scrolled past.

Finally, your claim that there are no sellers on this thread is false. I just got someone from this thread who is willing to setup an inverter for me.

Goodnight.

Bro there is no problem with asking for inverter seller on this thread but your initial post did not in any way indicate that you just want to buy a 2kva and that's why folks(including my humble self) were trying to make sure your inverter meets your expectation.

Some of us risk the strike of Mr NL bot when we try to be as comprehensive as possible in our response so don't make us feel bad that we try to help at our own risk grin

Ultimately it's good to know you've gotten what you wanted.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
ojesymsym:
Do you have a particular model recommendation?

Thermocool freezer 200H
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
ojeysky:

Bro there is no problem with asking for inverter seller on this thread but your initial post did not in any way indicate that you just want to buy a 2kva and that's why folks(including my humble self) were trying to make sure your inverter meets your expectation.

Some of us risk the strike of Mr NL bot when we try to be as comprehensive as possible in our response so don't make us feel bad that we try to help at our own risk grin

Ultimately it's good to know you've gotten what you wanted.
My brother let it rest....

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
I have 8 units of Genus 12v 200Ah batteries for sale. They are leftover after client upgraded to Lithium. I estimate ~75% capacity left in the batteries.

Pricing - 40k each

Also 6 Quanta batteries - brown carton - Average condition. Pricing 30k each
pls oga Niyi still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
Still in d spirit of Xmas we are still given out
100ah
150ah
200ah Ritar and luminous battery
At giveway price
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akanniade(m): 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
Akanniade:
Good morning all. I need a dc solar bore hole pump for installation in a 130ft depth bore hole. I have 8, 140watts panels to power it.
I need the dc solar pump and a capable installer for installation at a village near Iju, Otta Ogun state. Call 08181413710
Thanks wilmaria14 for prompt delivery of the dc solar pump. He followed up and delivered and provided me an installer without us meeting. Nice doing business with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2020
Akanniade:

Thanks wilmaria14 for prompt delivery of the dc solar pump. He followed up and delivered and provided me an installer without us meeting. Nice doing business with you.
bless u boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 1:25am On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas to these trend
I pray the joy of the lord will continue to be your strength.. AMEN!!
��

(1) (2) (3) ... (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Parser, Sapiosexuality(m), abbey086(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.