Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2025540 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) ... (1662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by balogwink: 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
wilmaria14:
sunfit or sun-test
Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
olopan:
Easy fix

Loosen the back of the fan and located the moving parts, get a good oil that won't evaporate on heating of the coils and carefully apply it on them.

Couple back gently and power it up.

You should be back enjoying that cool breeze smiley

Cheers

Ah, ok. This looks more like it then.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:01pm On Mar 15, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Wetin inverters like Victron, SMA, Magnum, Studer come be o?

grin grin those ones na chairmen. In a league all by themselves
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by morofolu(m): 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
Allem:
Good morning all, and a happy Sunday, please I need a voltage meter to independently read a 48v system. 4 batteries. Thanks

Hello,
I got voltmeters for 2, 4 and multiples of 12v batteries.
Allows for easy monitoring to identify that errant battery in your bank.

Ps call/Whatsapp o 8 o2 77 six 3 77six

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by morofolu(m): 7:03pm On Mar 15, 2021
Allem:
Good morning all, and a happy Sunday, please I need a voltage meter to independently read a 48v system. 4 batteries. Thanks

Hello,
I got voltmeters for 2, 4 and multiples of 12v batteries.
Allows for easy monitoring to identify that errant battery in your bank.

Ps call/Whatsapp o 8 o2 77 six 3 77six

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
You are essentially trying to simulate ESS like behaviour with cheaper DIY components.

ESS comes natively bundled with Victron and other solid inverters once you buy the required GX control.

You may get finer control of your system if you incorporate HomeAssistant as @Ojeysky and @Adrusa are doing.

Someone on this thread read your post and challenged me to implement a good ESS with a basic inverter and sensors so now I am in trouble grin

I will still reach out to my Ogas Ojeysky and Adrusa for some insights.

My current struggle is an optimal powersharing algorithm e.g in a Victron ESS, if the loads called for 5kw while solar can only give 4.5kw, ESS would smoothly source the extra 500w from grid and drop grid use once loads drop or solar increases to catchup. If I try to DIY this behaviour, I can only turn on grid to assist and grid will override PV production to provide the needed 5kw directly from grid! The inverter is essentially pass through once grid is in use. Clearly this is not optimal as 4.5kw of PV is available for use - PHCN bills will be higher than they need to be and solar production will be wasted in this DIY solution.

I probed further and can see clearly that the native ESS in a Victron for example works so well because the internals can sync with the grid and combine power from AC (grid or gen) and DC (solar and battery) to feed a load. The ESS can take just the exact amount of extra energy needed from grid and therefore maximise PV usage and minimise energy bills. This is indeed the engineering miracle that justifies the price tag.

Still I have to cook up something acceptable with DIY parts as I was commissioned to do.

Ahh this is sweet... Pls let mw know how it ends.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Please avail me your digits. I may be interested in this.

Is this still up?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
Biafran4life:
Greatings to all,I was referred to this thread from investment thread.Pls I want to know what it will require to have solar energy that can carry at least one big fridge,,tv sets,3fans and lightens.Pls quality and reliable materials that will last before change/maintenance
Thanks all

Chief welcome here. @Olopan of Rendezvous solar will give you a good quote and subsequent services.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2021
Monlo:

If you could drop your contacts, eg e-mail,whatsapp,I would send links.As many marketers here etc may not like it.
Mind you the price is far cheaper compared to its contemporaries out there.
Am currently using it with my 24Volts 100AH LiFePO4 ba3......
I must confess,free sun energy rules,not regretting embarking on SE 4years ago...

If everyone carried this attitude this thread wouldn't have survived past a few pages.

Pls post here, I'm interested too.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Or just use a USD card that has no limits - easy if you earn US income or are happy to buy Fx at blackmarket rates to fund the card.

If you are a typical naija guyman who wishes to purchase at ~NGN415/USD using GTB and other 'sane' banks, then get yourself a GTB naira master card and visa card, then get a virtual card and utility card all on the GTB platform - that gives you access to $400 online spend per person per month.

Co-opt the official Madam, Mistress, siblings, friends and other trusted folks into the scheme and you can easily do $2000 or more per month per sane bank.

Notice I said sane bank - GTB has never charged me above NGN420/USD. Providus Bank charges me $494/USD to use their card cheesy

Talking about earning, i have always wanted to appeal to the ogas in the house, apart from sharing RE knowledge biko share money earning tips too.

Some of us have great ideas and dreams about RE, but lack the cash. Any ideas to help a brother pocket some nairas won't be out of place.

I hope I am speaking the mind of we micro solar users here sha.

Peace. cool

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 11:13pm On Mar 15, 2021
queenfav:
Good day house.I need a 1kva prag inverter.Location is PH.Anyone who can supply that should quote me.
hello WhatsApp me boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by davidolarewaju2: 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Good day house
I want to buy panels (300w), which solar panels brands should I go for?

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 1:11am On Mar 16, 2021
Canadian
Jinko. - Local top range products
JA
Jager by risen

Flames
SMS
Tiger. - Mid range products
Kartel
Felicity

Others can add theirs too .... Jiji should be a good place to start for price survey or local sellers here.

I am not sure I can get a sweet deal for you here grin
Your pocket and a survey of names above will point you to choosing right.
Cheers
davidolarewaju2:
Good day house
I want to buy panels (300w), which solar panels brands should I go for?

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 1:14am On Mar 16, 2021
Thanks for the mention brother.

Trust you are good?
IYGEAL:

Chief welcome here. @Olopan of Rendezvous solar will give you a good quote and subsequent services.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 1:22am On Mar 16, 2021
In other to get contribution from others and me here.

Kindly provide

1. The critical loads or appliances Iisted below their power consumption in wattage [W] or noting the nameplate sticker on product

2. Preferred hours during the day and night you want each appliance above to work for you [be well detailed here]

E.g fridge -100W
4 hours in day usage and 3 hours of night usage et.cetera

3. Lastly how many hours of Grid do you have, in case you plan on using it together

Biafran4life:
Greatings to all,I was referred to this thread from investment thread.Pls I want to know what it will require to have solar energy that can carry at least one big fridge,,tv sets,3fans and lightens.Pls quality and reliable materials that will last before change/maintenance
Thanks all

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babniyen(m): 6:20am On Mar 16, 2021
Any reviews from USERS of beebeejump solar as an entry level gig cos it has lithium battery. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 7:50am On Mar 16, 2021
olopan:
Thanks for the mention brother.

Trust you are good?

Always smiley

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by anjilgreat(f): 8:53am On Mar 16, 2021
[quote author=Trippledots post=99912732][/quote]

Thanks. I'll do a research about it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 9:57am On Mar 16, 2021
I need ANT BMS if anyone has for sale. Kind of urgent. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
The revolutionary product Ha12 is now available.
Its an improvement of the HA series of battery balancers, ha01, ha02 etc.

It comes with bluetooth function, so you can see the device working and pushing current around. Unlike the other models where its hard to know if its working ot not

Price 37k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
How much current can this HA12 move around on a sustained basis?

I measured the HA02 and while rated to move 5a balancing around, it typically did less than 0.5a - this I judged too low for practical use.

I see a benefit of this HA12 to serve as a basic battery monitor if it can display battery voltages as well as balancing current - gives a very useful indication of battery health.

earthrealm:
The revolutionary product Ha12 is now available.
Its an improvement of the HA series of battery balancers, ha01, ha02 etc.

It comes with bluetooth function, so you can see the device working and pushing current around. Unlike the other models where its hard to know if its working ot not

Price 37k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by davidolarewaju2: 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
olopan:
Canadian
Jinko. - Local top range products
JA
Jager by risen

Flames
SMS
Tiger. - Mid range products
Kartel
Felicity

Others can add theirs too .... Jiji should be a good place to start for price survey or local sellers here.

I am not sure I can get a sweet deal for you here grin
Your pocket and a survey of names above will point you to choosing right.
Cheers

Thank you sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solasola(m): 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
How much current can this HA12 move around on a sustained basis?

I measured the HA02 and while rated to move 5a balancing around, it typically did less than 0.5a - this I judged too low for practical use.

I see a benefit of this HA12 to serve as a basic battery monitor if it can display battery voltages as well as balancing current - gives a very useful indication of battery health.

I currently have a 24v setup with PV current reaching about 40A -45A per day. Can I introduce the HA 12. Since its rated to move about 5A around. Pls I need some explaination
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 7:09am On Mar 17, 2021
You welcome
davidolarewaju2:

Thank you sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2021
Trippledots:

Talking about earning, i have always wanted to appeal to the ogas in the house, apart from sharing RE knowledge biko share money earning tips too.

Some of us have great ideas and dreams about RE, but lack the cash. Any ideas to help a brother pocket some nairas won't be out of place.

I hope I am speaking the mind of we micro solar users here sha.

Peace. cool

Not a financial advisor though (take whatever I say with a pinch of salt and a bottle of tequila grin ), but you can start researching into the stock market. A great way to earn the $ while in Naija. Check out fintech startups like Trove, Bamboo, Trading 212 (got in before they banned Naija cry ) et al (they've got threads here in NL and telegram). And consider investing in foreign stocks such as Google, FB and others. Of course you gotta do your due diligence and only use money you can afford to lose grin

Once made a killing in çr̃ypto years ago. But very risky plays. If you are an artist (digital or otherwise) consider checking out NFTs. My 2 kobo grin

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cutedharmee: 10:25am On Mar 17, 2021
If anyone here needs to install solar power we are at your service. Contact us at Ademotusolar on 090 two two two 494 five 1. We promise to give you nothing but the best.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 10:50am On Mar 17, 2021
please i need names of canadian solar panel that i can buy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by highcurrent: 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
great thread.

please I need to know the materials needed and cost to just solar powered phones and lights.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2021
please who have 300watts canadian solar panel
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2021
mctfopt:

Not a financial advisor though (take whatever I say with a pinch of salt and a bottle of tequila grin ), but you can start researching into the stock market. A great way to earn the $ while in Naija. Check out fintech startups like Trove, Bamboo, Trading 212 (got in before they banned Naija cry ) et al (they've got threads here in NL and telegram). And consider investing in foreign stocks such as Google, FB and others. Of course you gotta do your due diligence and only use money you can afford to lose grin

Once made a killing in çr̃ypto years ago. But very risky plays. If you are an artist (digital or otherwise) consider checking out NFTs. My 2 kobo grin

Nice one... I personally have downloaded trove and bamboo but yet to activate my acct. Like you said FX, crypto and stocks can be very dicey.

I hope others too drop some hints too.

Thanks boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:50pm On Mar 17, 2021
Trippledots:

Nice one... I personally have downloaded trove and bamboo but yet to activate my acct. Like you said FX, crypto and stocks can be very dicey.

I hope others too drop some hints too.

Thanks boss

I'll recommend you activate it grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) ... (1662) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.