Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (985) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042581 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) ... (1678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2021
100w All in One street light with 4G camera available, #150,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2021
60A felicity Mppt charge controller still available, #85,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2021
60A diamond mppt charge controller still available, #95,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by finecheek12: 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2021
I recently bought an Haier thermocool inverter freezer which is working well while on phcn and inverter but it doesn't cool or freeze on 2.5kva generator. has anyone experience this and how did you solve this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 10:46pm On Apr 28, 2021
finecheek12:
I recently bought an Haier thermocool inverter freezer which is working well while on phcn and inverter but it doesn't cool or freeze on 2.5kva generator. has anyone experience this and how did you solve this?
den ur gen power is small for it den
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 11:25pm On Apr 28, 2021
finecheek12:

The Gen is not producing pure sine wave electricity I may think

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by finecheek12: 1:11pm On Apr 29, 2021
EPOMA:

The Gen is not producing pure sine wave electricity I may think
I am not tech savvy, what do you think I can do to correct it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by xfay(m): 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
Intelcorei7:

The cell level fuse is a very good touch for this massive array, I would suggest a steel plate for the base.
Where do you source your cells?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2021
ojeysky:
A few R3 Basic DIY 6.5k for unit price and 6k for multiple. Can flash with tasmota before shipping for those interested

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:18am On Apr 30, 2021
Check that the generator voltage and related parameters are within tolerance.

Adjust all parameters to achieve the targets below:

Gen Output Voltage - 220v (+/- 15v
Gen Output Frequency - 50hz (49.5 to 52hz may work)
Gen load max is 1500w or 7amps.

Verify that under max load the Generator is able to maintain voltage and frequency within specs above.

If your equipment still not working to spec then test on PHCN to localise the issue. If still not working to spec the equipment itself may be faulty and need repairs.

finecheek12:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:19am On Apr 30, 2021
for those going for cheap unknown batteries shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:22am On Apr 30, 2021
I visited a client yesterday and right from d staircase I could smell acid from batteries. I quickly ran up to check up the batteries only to find out that all 4 batteries are hot including the cables from solar panels and the bottom part of d cc was a bit hot too.
However, I disconnected one cable from d panels from d cc bc I suspected overcharging.

N.B : A freezer was connected to it during this ordeal.

Inverter is hybrid 2.4kva psw mercury.

Pls wat could b d problem?
Help pls
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 11:17am On Apr 30, 2021
Valto:

Wow! Ultimate Scam!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 11:18am On Apr 30, 2021
Valto:

E don set be that. Alaba to d world

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2021
dollarnaira:
I visited a client yesterday and right from d staircase I could smell acid from batteries. I quickly ran up to check up the batteries only to find out that all 4 batteries are hot including the cables from solar panels and the bottom part of d cc was a bit hot too.
However, I disconnected one cable from d panels from d cc bc I suspected overcharging.

Help pls

If you have a clamp meter, do check the charging current. Also check for signs of bulge on the battery. Is the battery backup ok after disconnecting charging source?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
Valto:

Jesus Christ!!! :-XThis is unimaginable.I will always advise, buy battery from company or a duly accredited distributor.This is fraud!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
mctfopt:

If you have a clamp meter, do check the charging current. Also check for signs of bulge on the battery. Is the battery backup ok after disconnecting charging source?

Phcn was used after disconnecting
No bulge
No clamp meter available right there.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 3:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
Is the charge controller PWM?

dollarnaira:

Help pls
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
olopan:
Is the charge controller PWM?

Pwm bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
Serious matter, I was shocked seeing the battery

But on a second note, I notice it's name plate 65Ah from battery sticker but from this angle looks like a 100Ah battery size

That should have also be a red flag

One needs to be extra careful

@Valto can this picture be reposted?

Valto:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2021
There is a 50/50 chance the CC has had it, so basically end of its service thereby making the pulse modulation to just open and simulate a "solar panel to battery terminal connection"

In simpler terms, the panels were connected directly to the battery terminals, making the batteries to overcharge at higher voltage and causing a boiling of electrolyte.

dollarnaira:

Pwm bro

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
olopan:
Serious matter, I was shocked seeing the battery

But on a second note, I notice it's name plate 65Ah from battery sticker but from this angle looks like a 100Ah battery size

That should have also be a red flag

One needs to be extra careful

@Valto can this picture be reposted?

yes, though source is from a Facebook solar group

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2021
olopan:
There is a 50/50 chance the CC has had it, so basically end of its service thereby making the pulse modulation to just open and simulate a "solar panel to battery terminal connection"

In simpler terms, the panels were connected directly to the battery terminals, making the batteries to overcharge at higher voltage and causing a boiling of electrolyte.

It had bn working fine b4 now not until yesterday. Are u saying d pwm is bad or faulty or not effective?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
dollarnaira:

It had bn working fine b4 now not until yesterday. Are u saying d pwm is bad or faulty or not effective?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
Thanks

Valto:
yes, though source is from a Facebook solar group
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2021
I can't say it's bad or faulty, I was only saying my observation based on your narrative,

But from the attached picture, it appears to work fine

Should incase such scenario repeats itself, best to first check panel voltage and also check voltage at battery terminal on getting to site, should it match then. It's failing during operation and will need to be replaced.

dollarnaira:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2021
Anyone with idea where I can get SG333 inrush current limiter an electronic component in Lagos.

Or electronic sales shop or market
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 3:40pm On Apr 30, 2021
olopan:
I can't say it's bad or faulty, I was only saying my observation based on your narrative,

But from the attached picture, it appears to work fine

Should incase such scenario repeats itself, best to first check panel voltage and also check voltage at battery terminal on getting to site, should it match then. It's failing during operation and will need to be replaced.

Thanks sir
D display seen above is inaccurate as one terminal is already disconnected since yesterday.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2021
Glad to be of help

dollarnaira:

Thanks sir
D display seen above is inaccurate as one terminal is already disconnected since yesterday.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:46pm On Apr 30, 2021
dollarnaira:

Phcn was used after disconnecting
No bulge
No clamp meter available right there.

Connect the solar back and measure the charging current.

But before you do that, how many panels is connected here? What is the configuration? What is the size of the cable from the PV to batteries? Is the PV breaker ok?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2021
QASA DC/AC 18" standing solar fan with remote(very low energy consumption) [b]20000

QASA high power blender/grinder(1500w, can grind bottle to powder cheesy 21500
[/b]
whatsapp me on 0802-057-4628

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 11:58pm On Apr 30, 2021
Playing the devil's advocate here.
Was the capacity of the battery tested. It appears the form factor or form factor conversion is the issue here. It has 65AH listed on the pack, how about someone tests it as see if it actually meets the described spec.
Then we will know if it is truly fake or not.

Valto:

(1) (2) (3) ... (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) ... (1678) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Bb007, obinna37(m), TechGeek777 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.