Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (993) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2038945 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (1675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:29am On May 21, 2021
Solar panels, mppt & inverters @ discounted prices

270w mono... 45k
300w mono .. 50k
350w mono .. 58k

Era 250w mono ... 41k
Era 280w mono ... 50k
Era 330w mono.... 53k
Era 350w mono ... 65k
Era 380w mono.... 70k
Era 400w mono ... 73k
Era 440w mono"black" ...80k

Jinko 405w mono ..... 80k

Schneider 1.5kva 24v pure sinewave hybrid inverter. 75600
Schneider 850va 12v pure sinewave hybrid inverter .. 65000

*GROWATT INVERTERS NOW AVAILABLE!!*

*Growatt 3kva TL (50a mppt) ... 250k
*Growatt 5kva TL (80a mppt).....400k
*Growatt 5kva TL (100a mppt)...430k

*SMK 40a 12/24/36/48v mppt .. 75,000

*Victron SmartSolar 250/100 mppt= N450,000

*Color Control GX = N250,000

*V.E Bus to USB (interface MK3-USB) = N45,000

*Victron Multiplus 48V 5kva Inverter = N800,500

*Victron Battery Monitor BM702 = N85,500

*Victron Quattro 10kva 48 =1,700,000

*Victron Quattro 15kva 48VDC = N2,200,000

Tubular / flooded deep cycle battery maintenance distilled water & electrolytes now available!

Distilled water 1L (12 in pack) ... 5,000
Distilled water 25L (with free gallon) ... 7,000
Electrolyte 25L (Accurate specific gravity) ...8,000

Direct from chemical industrial plant ! Place your orders now !!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

YOU CAN PICK UP IF BASED IN LAGOS OR SIMPLY PLACE YOUR ORDER FOR WAYBILL NOW!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Helewud(m): 11:09am On May 21, 2021
Thanks for your input, what battery capacity would you recommend with a 350w solar panel, that will work for at least 6hrs then
IYGEAL:

350W Panel cannot adequately charge a battery that will run 250W load for 12 hours after sunset.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MontyNG(m): 6:53pm On May 21, 2021
Valto:
contact @ojeysky, he sabi am wellacheesy, not based in Lagos though.

Thanks

@Ojeysky... abeg where you dey??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:03pm On May 21, 2021
MontyNG:
Can anyone help me with the installation and configuration of WatchPower software... Preferably on a raspberry pi. I'm based in Lagos and we can negotiate payment.
My (hybrid) inverter has all the necessary data ports

I'm also open to better monitoring software to watch power if available

Once you connect the cable and start the windows based watchpower application should automatically detect the inverter. If your inverter has Bluetooth support then you can use the watch power app for Android.
When I was using axpert I used solpiplog to retrieve data on the inverter. Solpiplog works fine on pi3+ above.
https://github.com/njfaria/SolPipLog

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:35pm On May 21, 2021
1.5kva 12v felicity inverter now available, #90,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 10:49pm On May 21, 2021
Helewud:
Thanks for your input, what battery capacity would you recommend with a 350w solar panel, that will work for at least 6hrs then

The problem is that 350W panel needs to be increased if you are solely going to rely on it to charge a battery that will run 250W load for those hours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 1:35am On May 22, 2021
Or you can try this project
https://github.com/ned-kelly/docker-voltronic-homeassistant.

But instead of having to deploy Home Assistant, just use MQTT to feed values into grafana.

MontyNG:
Can anyone help me with the installation and configuration of WatchPower software... Preferably on a raspberry pi. I'm based in Lagos and we can negotiate payment.
My (hybrid) inverter has all the necessary data ports

I'm also open to better monitoring software to watch power if available

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 11:42am On May 22, 2021
I am interested in 2 units.

ojeysky:
A few R3 Basic DIY 6.5k for unit price and 6k for multiple. Can flash with tasmota before shipping for those interested
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:19pm On May 22, 2021
Barezzi:
I am interested in 2 units.

That's fine, still available. Do reachout on WhatsApp/telegram
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by xfay(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2021
Any update from the group buying the lifepo4 battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by foonshur(m): 4:46pm On May 22, 2021
xfay:
Pls tag me know if you have any update, I'm interested too.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 5:01pm On May 22, 2021
xfay:
transaction concluded few months ago.

foonshur:

Pls tag me know if you have any update, I'm interested too.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MontyNG(m): 8:43pm On May 22, 2021
litaninja:
Or you can try this project
https://github.com/ned-kelly/docker-voltronic-homeassistant.

But instead of having to deploy Home Assistant, just use MQTT to feed values into grafana.

Ok nice. So I can get it integrated to Home Assistant. Then, I’ll be able to do things like switch on ACs if I’m over generating etc…

Awesome
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MontyNG(m): 8:46pm On May 22, 2021
ojeysky:

Once you connect the cable and start the windows based watchpower application should automatically detect the inverter. If your inverter has Bluetooth support then you can use the watch power app for Android.
When I was using axpert I used solpiplog to retrieve data on the inverter. Solpiplog works fine on pi3+ above.
https://github.com/njfaria/SolPipLog

Nice one bro… will check this out too
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:10pm On May 22, 2021
MontyNG:

Ok nice. So I can get it integrated to Home Assistant. Then, I’ll be able to do things like switch on ACs if I’m over generating etc…

Awesome
Thanks

I use sonoff and node-red to achieve that.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 9:48pm On May 22, 2021
Certainly. I use it with HA to do the exact opposite. Turn off the AC when i'm undergenerating. Na shikini setup we still get.
lol.
MontyNG:

Awesome
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gameboy55: 3:33pm On May 23, 2021
Hello, pls, can I add 300w x2 panels to the attached setup to increase my charging rate?

If Yes. Should connect each 300W panels separately to charge controller, or I should connect same way as my 150W panels?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:47pm On May 23, 2021
gameboy55:
Hello, pls, can I add 300w x2 panels to the attached setup to increase my charging rate?

If Yes. Should connect each 300W panels separately to charge controller, or I should connect same way as my 150W panels?
Do you mean 4 150watts panels according to your picture? Or 2 300watts panels?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gameboy55: 6:54pm On May 23, 2021
Penuelseun:
Do you mean 4 150watts panels according to your picture? Or 2 300watts panels?

My picture is my current setup (which consist of 150 x6 panels). What I meant was, I am thinking of adding 2 300watts panels to enable faster charging.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 7:02pm On May 23, 2021
gameboy55:

My picture is my current setup (which consist of 150 x6 panels). What I meant was, I am thinking of adding 2 300watts panels to enable faster charging.

How long does it take your present array system (of 900w) to charge you 2 X 200ah batteries to full capacity?

Also, why dont you change your PWM charge controller to MPPT for more efficient harvesting of sunlight? I am expecting 2 units of 60am MPPT Powmr next month. I intend to use one and sell off the other one at a good price. You can buzz me it you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gameboy55: 7:49pm On May 23, 2021
odimbannamdi:

How long does it take your present array system (of 900w) to charge you 2 X 200ah batteries to full capacity?

Also, why dont you change your PWM charge controller to MPPT for more efficient harvesting of sunlight? I am expecting 2 units of 60am MPPT Powmr next month. I intend to use one and sell off the other one at a good price. You can buzz me it you are interested.

I ve not put that to test though, we uaually ve power supply from grid for a whole week untouched. But they do carry out maintanace which might last for 2 to 4days

DURING THOSE DAYS, I USE MY GEN FOR JUST 2HRS BTW 7PM TO 9PM TO CHARGE MY BATTRIES (reason for additional panels).

So far, I think my pwm CC is working fine for me becos I make use of 1 deep freezer and 1 refrigerator which is always ON from 10am to 3pm everyday. 1 55inch tv, home theater nd decoder which is usually ON nd 1 43inch tv nd decoder (only ON wen in bedroom), among other lesser loads.

My batteries has neva gone low with this setup.

MY REASON FOR ASKING OF ADDITIONAL PANELS IS TO ELIMINATE THE 2HRS GENERATOR USAGE WHEN THERE IS NO POWER FROM GRID.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 7:52pm On May 23, 2021
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 8:37pm On May 23, 2021
gameboy55:

It is better you connect the new 300w panels to a new charge controller for onward connection to the battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gameboy55: 8:46pm On May 23, 2021
Penuelseun:
It is better you connect the new 300w panels to a new charge controller for onward connection to the battery

Okay, tnks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:04pm On May 23, 2021
ojeysky:
I have got 2 brand new BMV 712 with temp sensor for grabs. 125k each

Q/A
Is this the victron BMV 712 with Bluetooth features?
Yes
Is the price negotiable?
No price is firm Sir/Ma
Does the price include shipping?
No it doesn't, but I can waybill to any part of the country at buyer's cost.

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 9:04pm On May 23, 2021
gameboy55:

I ve not put that to test though, we uaually ve power supply from grid for a whole week untouched. But they do carry out maintanace which might last for 2 to 4days

DURING THOSE DAYS, I USE MY GEN FOR JUST 2HRS BTW 7PM TO 9PM TO CHARGE MY BATTRIES (reason for additional panels).

So far, I think my pwm CC is working fine for me becos I make use of 1 deep freezer and 1 refrigerator which is always ON from 10am to 3pm everyday. 1 55inch tv, home theater nd decoder which is usually ON nd 1 43inch tv nd decoder (only ON wen in bedroom), among other lesser loads.

MY REASON FOR ASKING OF ADDITIONAL PANELS IS TO ELIMINATE THE 2HRS GENERATOR USAGE WHEN THERE IS NO POWER FROM GRID.

Please, I need some enlightenment of your present setup and equipment energy usage.
Your total solar watt is 900watts, what is the total energy draw from the batteries?
What is the average amp reading on the controller from your solar btw (30-50A)?
Can you please state the wattage of each gadgets.
If possible, the pictures of your batteries and solar charge controller.
This will guide me in my solar setup.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 9:26pm On May 23, 2021
gameboy55:

I think you have a problem of storage not charging.

Or is it that the batteries never got charged before 7pm?
How is your usage like during those day?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gameboy55: 9:52pm On May 23, 2021
Oshomo12:

I think you have a problem of storage not charging.

Or is it that the batteries never got charged before 7pm?
How is your usage like during those day?

Yes, when there is no power from grid, the battery never got charged before 7pm because of my usage i. e fridge nd deep frezer(120watts nd 100watts respectively). reason I used Gen to charge the batteries for 2hrs on such occasions.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 7:16am On May 24, 2021
gameboy55:

All these on 2 batteries
Sizes of the freezer and fridge? Are they inverter versions? How long have you been running the setup?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2021
Good day all, Please anybody who know where i can get battery less hybrid inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MontyNG(m): 11:28am On May 24, 2021
I’m looking to buy a 24V 7ah lipo battery.

Can anyone recommend?

(Sorry I only need one for my gate)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 11:29am On May 24, 2021
SMK 200L solar freezer AC/DC
comes with 1pcs 300w mono panel (SMK)
1PCS 100AH battery
1pcs 30amps pwm charge controller
For just 210k

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (1675) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Obnoxious2001(m), truthbetold22 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.