Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (996) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2039440 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (1676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:30am On May 29, 2021
3kva 24v and 5kva 48v MUST hybrid inverter now available.
3kva 24v - #185,000.
5kva 48v - #290,000.
Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:32am On May 29, 2021
220AH 12v Multi power tubular battery still available, #110,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:33am On May 29, 2021
18 inches AE mem DC solar standing fan is available, #20,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:35am On May 29, 2021
5kva 24v felicity inverter (new model) now available, #220,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:36am On May 29, 2021
60A pwm charge controller is available, #20,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:37am On May 29, 2021
200w SMS floodlights still available, #35,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:38am On May 29, 2021
8kva 48v Growatt hybrid inverter is available, #850,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:41am On May 29, 2021
330w Mornyray solar panel is available, #45,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 7:54am On May 29, 2021
Valto:
the two of them are scrap. why not save up and buy original battery. cheap battery, will give u limited backup and will definitely fail in less than a year.
Any idea about the price of 100ah fullriver battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:22am On May 29, 2021
Penuelseun:
Any idea about the price of 100ah fullriver battery?
dont know, but 160ah original Fullriver was sold for 110k before.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by compunigeria: 9:52am On May 29, 2021
Hi.
Please i need help with the following about microtek 2.3kva inverter, kindly assist with any of the questions you can answer.

a) Can the microtek inverter charge batteries when it is switched off but connected to PHCN light?( I heard that prag 2.5kva doesn't)
b.)Is the idle consumption for the inverter high?
c) Are there issues with microtek inverters?
( I want to use it with 2 200ah quanta batteries to be charged by NEPA light)
@mcTrinity, @ other competent installers, @ mictotek users and product sellers.
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2021
compunigeria:
Hi.
Please i need help with the following about microtek 2.3kva inverter, kindly assist with any of the questions you can answer.

a) Can the microtek inverter charge batteries when it is switched off but connected to PHCN light?( I heard that prag 2.5kva doesn't)
Thanks.
I will advise that you go for an inverter with adjustable charge profile as quanta battery's charge profile is low. You can look in the direction of hybrid inverters
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ComradeTY(m): 1:04pm On May 29, 2021
Which battery is best between deep cycle and tubular?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 1:15pm On May 29, 2021
ComradeTY:

Tubular

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 2:03pm On May 29, 2021
compunigeria:
Hi.

Thanks.

Just as has been suggested, since you're charging strictly from NEPA, you're better off with an inverter with a customizable charge profile. Quanta Battery has a very sensitive charge profile

Though I do use Quanta with Indian inverters, but always in a setup with solar integration; and charging is 95% via solar. That allows me to set the charging profiles for the Quanta on the CC

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 2:08pm On May 29, 2021
ComradeTY:

There are 2 types of batteries
1) Deep cycle
2) Non-deep cycle

Tubular can be found under any of the types.
I believe you intended to ask the best between SMF and Tubular...?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 6:03pm On May 29, 2021
DUNKA:
I don't know of gbm but stay away from Sunfit
Please what's your personal experience with Sunfit.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:04am On May 30, 2021
Valto:
GBM is worst of them all sad

True, have seen sixteen numbers of 200AH GBM fail in eight months with loads less than 400w.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:22am On May 30, 2021
IYGEAL:

I understand some of the inverter ACs don't need anything else except PV power to function. Apparently that's what he's trying to find out.

not common o, the ac you put up there uses dc...most inverter ac use ac voltage.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 7:49am On May 30, 2021
ComradeTY:
TUBULAR
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by compunigeria: 7:59am On May 30, 2021
mcTrinity:

Just as has been suggested, since you're charging strictly from NEPA, you're better off with an inverter with a customizable charge profile. Quanta Battery has a very sensitive charge profile

Though I do use Quanta with Indian inverters, but always in a setup with solar integration; and charging is 95% via solar. That allows me to set the charging profiles for the Quanta on the CC

Penuelseun:
I will advise that you go for an inverter with adjustable charge profile as quanta battery's charge profile is low. You can look in the direction of hybrid inverters

Thanks for your inputs.
I am avoiding the hybrids because i am hoping i will use premium (maximized) CC and other solar components whenever i am ready to convert to Solar.
I have a mercury 2.4kva MSW inverter( In use since 2017) , it has a float charge of 13.5v which is similar to what Quanta requires. So i guess i am stuck with it until i am able to set up the solar components. (That means no pure sine wave yet sad).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by faithfull18(f): 8:11am On May 30, 2021
dragnet:

Alright
Kindly check your mail, I don't understand anymore.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 8:40am On May 30, 2021
earthrealm:

not common o, the ac you put up there uses dc...most inverter ac use ac voltage.

This one uses AC too. The fact that it also works using DC from PV directly makes it interesting.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2021
IYGEAL:

This one uses AC too. The fact that it also works using DC from PV directly makes it interesting.

ok, it would have an inbuilt cc then..., so you mean it has 2 inputs..
1. pv input
2. normal ac input?

cos if its only option 1, its going to be tricky for the average kazeem to repair, when/if it has issues.

i prefer a normal inverter ac, that uses normal ac
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oluwayemi23: 11:22am On May 30, 2021
Please, I need a quote for lithium ion battery 3.5kwh 24V or 5kwh 24V.

Interested suppliers should reach me via email at aigroup.ng@gmail.com.

Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 11:49am On May 30, 2021
earthrealm:

ok, it would have an inbuilt cc then..., so you mean it has 2 inputs..
1. pv input
2. normal ac input?

cos if its only option 1, its going to be tricky for the average kazeem to repair, when/if it has issues.

i prefer a normal inverter ac, that uses normal ac

Yea it has; according to the picture.

My preference aligns with yours too.
1HP normal ACs are not bad too.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2021
compunigeria:

Thanks for your inputs.
I am avoiding the hybrids because i am hoping i will use premium (maximized) CC and other solar components whenever i am ready to convert to Solar.
I have a mercury 2.4kva MSW inverter( In use since 2017) , it has a float charge of 13.5v which is similar to what Quanta requires. So i guess i am stuck with it until i am able to set up the solar components. (That means no pure sine wave yet sad).

In addition to the bolded, you really need to Confirm the boost/absorb charge voltage of the Inverter.

As you might have known, Quanta specified 13.8V as their boost charge voltage and a maximum voltage of 14.2V (though I personally normally set the absorb voltage of the charging sources at 14.0V)

Just to add too, don't kill those Quanta with that MSW inverter... Better to change your inverter before you get those Quanta
... Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by compunigeria: 12:06am On May 31, 2021
mcTrinity:

In addition to the bolded, you really need to Confirm the boost/absorb charge voltage of the Inverter.

As you might have known, Quanta specified 13.8V as their boost charge voltage and a maximum voltage of 14.2V (though I personally normally set the absorb voltage of the charging sources at 14.0V)

Just to add too, don't kill those Quanta with that MSW inverter... Better to change your inverter before you get those Quanta
... Cheers

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by edryz(m): 7:16am On May 31, 2021
Israelicc:
Well DC breakers in this case or any type of beaker for that matter basically make or break an electrical circuit.

They also have other purposes.
1. They protect your wiring from any short circuit current that can cause a fire and eventual loss of your wiring or cabling.

2. They protect your equipment, whether it's our inverters, charge controllers, solar panels and batteries from short circuit currents that can damage them.

3. They are very useful when it comes to the case of isolation during maintenance of any of the line items, inverters, charge controllers, batteries and solar panels.

4. They help to limit the current that can be drawn from the devices they are connected to. This invariably helps to limit the likelihood of damage to those equipment.

5. Breakers are a most have a very professional install. You don't have them or I don't see them in your install and I already know the type of installer who did your install.

So my brother don't be like thoe guys who will say e no mean or you can connect it directly. Please run away from such installer.

I hope this has shed some light on the uses of breaker AC or DC.

Thanks so much for taking out time to shed more light on the importance of incorporating breaker in the system but however, is surge protective device isn't twice as important as a circuit breaker. Please do u know how to do the mathematical calculation of the Amperage gauge required in a system
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:22am On May 31, 2021
Updated pricelist for your renewable energy products!

https://us.docworkspace.com/d/sILbRmPgitevShQY

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:40pm On May 31, 2021
oluwayemi23:
Please, I need a quote for lithium ion battery 3.5kwh 24V or 5kwh 24V.

Interested suppliers should reach me via email at aigroup.ng@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Contact us for Pylontech lithium batteries , Weco Lithium batteries , Felicity lithium batteries . Cheer's

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (1676) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Sapiosexuality(m), de3lar(m), Betnomore, Andreiy65, HeavenlyBang(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.