Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695238 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nmarh(f): 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Silensa(m): 8:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello everyone. I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this question but please any help you render will be appreciated well by me.
I want to apple for student visa for masters degree in USA. I just have my international passport and apart from that i don't know what to do or where to go. I am currently in Abuja.
Please help me in any way
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Victorjoel(m): 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello, for those that have traveled what's the best way to connect JFK and Detroit michigan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
400k to DC. Aug 15 and 17th. RAMaroc
433k ABV to DC. Lufthansa same dates.

The fare is high because your travel date is close, unless you book last week in Aug, you can get Qatar for 297k to DC.

BigBUMBUM:
please guys what's the cheapest price you've seen to Pittsburgh, Washington dulles, ohio or JFK' from 10th to 18th the price i just dey see they disrupt my stamina
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by electronic(m): 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Na 50 50....depending on who u meet. If its me i will carry because some officer no care , worse case them go trash
Thanks for the info.... My lndomie go dey Ghost Protocol Mode....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by itzvictor: 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
Good evening house, please am a lauctech student but due to the strike my dad told me to research on schools abroad (US)and get back to him ASAP because he wants me to be out on this country this year or early next, the problem is i only have my passport and i have been silently following this tread not know i am going to be needing advice soon. Please, i know nothing so treat me like an amatuer that i am. I wanna know which batch is still on for this year and if am gonna make it or not and what to do first and also the school that is affordable and also offers scholarship. I can leave my email and number here to contact me with and if you can help genuinely i can direct you to my dad. Thank you and please help a brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by happyroyalty: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
[quote author=itzvictor post=59091567]Good evening house, please am a lauctech student but due to the strike my dad told me to research on schools abroad (US)and get back to him ASAP because he wants me to be out on this country this year or early next, the problem is i only have my passport and i have been silently following this tread not know i am going to be needing advice soon. Please, i know nothing so treat me like an amatuer that i am. I wanna know which batch is still on for this year and if am gonna make it or not and what to do first and also the school that is affordable and also offers scholarship. I can leave my emai

You can do this by yourself just make a little research by using google, then return with names of schools you are interested in and the gurus will help you with adequate selection , you don't need an AGENT, at least that's one thing i learnt from this thread, wait for the gurus to comment.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedawg: 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
itzvictor:
Good evening house, please am a lauctech student but due to the strike my dad told me to research on schools abroad (US)and get back to him ASAP because he wants me to be out on this country this year or early next, the problem is i only have my passport and i have been silently following this tread not know i am going to be needing advice soon. Please, i know nothing so treat me like an amatuer that i am. I wanna know which batch is still on for this year and if am gonna make it or not and what to do first and also the school that is affordable and also offers scholarship. I can leave my email and number here to contact me with and if you can help genuinely i can direct you to my dad. Thank you and please help a brother
its very easy like you've been told earlier google is your friend just search schools that have the program you wana go for check their websites and see their requirements check reviews about them on niche or capppex or student reviews . if you have a state in mind you will like to go all the same and lessens your search area .. are you going for masters or bsc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by itzvictor: 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Teedawg:

its very easy like you've been told earlier google is your friend just search schools that have the program you wana go for check their websites and see their requirements check reviews about them on niche or capppex or student reviews . if you have a state in mind you will like to go all the same and lessens your search area .. are you going for masters or bsc?
ohio or Tennessee will do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by rashfad(m): 12:51am On Aug 03, 2017
Thanks to God. just following the path of honour Texrem,cutemorgan et al has laid down now.
Ardedaryor:
Long story lerra

Thanks to Lagosismyhome, Oludare, Texrem, walspring,Ogreen your charitable nature and relentless help contributing and those who posted there transcript

To Texrem thanks for the Mock and SeViS payment,
ProfOjah123, blacnewton,Rashfad, switcyndy,this guys are full of encouragement
Imperiouxxx boss do the needful LoL

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ChristoBam: 1:36am On Aug 03, 2017
johnpablo541:

Congrats but that your school get very strict rules o, like no alcohol, no sex, no tea, no sleeveless clothes
I don't think I'd like to attend that kinda school o. So I'll be expected to live like a Reverend father for four years. They even have some pretty weird rules like no coffee or hot drinks, no visitors of the opposite sex, earings for ladies must be on one ear, shorts must be knee length or longer, you must wear shoes on all campus area. Eleyi gidi gan o, this one worse pass Lee university sef.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 3:10am On Aug 03, 2017
Silensa:
Hello everyone. I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this question but please any help you render will be appreciated well by me.
I want to apple for student visa for masters degree in USA. I just have my international passport and apart from that i don't know what to do or where to go. I am currently in Abuja.
Please help me in any way
Next time when you ask questions, be clear and explicit so you can get the best advice. Firstly, do you have an i20 or you are just preparing to apply to schools? If you have an i20? all you need to do is make sevis payment in the next link after receiving your i20 (https://www.fmjfee.com) then fill the Ds 160 form ( https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/) and lastly schedule for visa interview here https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria otherwise, read this post below
First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I created https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.

If you have any question, drop it here and you should get more than one good answer.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nellyalph: 3:32am On Aug 03, 2017
All through my nursery, primary, secondary and University, I have never prayed silently for school to start. I am tired of summer!!
#teamaug28

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by roscolee(m): 7:19am On Aug 03, 2017
Good morning roomie! This is my first time on this section. My younger sister got her visa last week Tuesday and her school is in Virginia. She's to resume for school orientation on the 15th and the prices we are seeing on wakanow to Dulles airport for 10th, 11 & 12 is around 560k upward. Is it advisable she come in through JFK and board a bus back to Virginia? We are seeing 284k upward for JFK.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by StackNerd: 7:37am On Aug 03, 2017
Good Morning, Great People

Please i would like to know if one has to pay for courses listed as a requirement for provisional admission in US universities(Graduate school)

Please i need assistance on this..
Thanks in Advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 03, 2017
roscolee:
Good morning roomie! This is my first time on this section. My younger sister got her visa last week Tuesday and her school is in Virginia. She's to resume for school orientation on the 15th and the prices we are seeing on wakanow to Dulles airport for 10th, 11 & 12 is around 560k upward. Is it advisable she come in through JFK and board a bus back to Virginia? We are seeing 284k upward for JFK.
Be on the computer whole of today and keep checking, you will definitely find much cheaper price. It's a lot better if she takes flight directly to Dulles instead of boarding a bus from JFK in order to avoid sress.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Femmyy90: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2017
Interview tomorrow anybody who wanna help with mock int?? Help a soul
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by rashfad(m): 8:29am On Aug 03, 2017
Why wait till this late hour?
Femmyy90:
Interview tomorrow anybody who wanna help with mock int?? Help a soul
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:31am On Aug 03, 2017
roscolee:

How old is she ?
While it can be stressful dragging luggage to catch the train and then a bus but it's very doable and happens frequently stopping at JFK going to the DMV
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Femmyy90: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2017
rashfad:
Why wait till this late hour?

Tomorrow is not too late bro... or you wanna help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mudi1012: 8:43am On Aug 03, 2017
My I-20 has arrived Nigeria although it should have been here since on Tuesday but the school delayed DHL about the pickup until i para grin for them ..Thanks to @LagosismyHome,Oludara01,Profojah1234 ,Teedawg ,ecoleco,Chinewon88,OluDare01 and my boss akins2016 for the quick response ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by rashfad(m): 9:02am On Aug 03, 2017
Sure...via phone calls only cos my what's app calls has been shitty lately due to limited days I've left.
Femmyy90:

Tomorrow is not too late bro... or you wanna help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by djpope: 9:30am On Aug 03, 2017
goodmorning all....please is there a thread where i can get info on visa denials so i know what and what to do exactly to re-apply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by roscolee(m): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2017
LagosismyHome:

How old is she ?
While it can be stressful dragging luggage to catch the train and then a bus but it's very doable and happens frequently stopping at JFK going to the DMV
she's 24 going for her master's degree program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 10:46am On Aug 03, 2017
Your school will provide you with that info. Confirm from them.
When is your school starting? Shouldn't you have taken the courses by now. In my own case, I paid for the courses and have completed them

StackNerd:
Good Morning, Great People

Please i would like to know if one has to pay for courses listed as a requirement for provisional admission in US universities(Graduate school)

Please i need assistance on this..
Thanks in Advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 10:48am On Aug 03, 2017
Hmmm, looking at that price diff, she should do jfk na. If una fit pay the 560k plus, then pay

roscolee:
she's 24 going for her master's degree program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by roscolee(m): 10:51am On Aug 03, 2017
OGreene:
Hmmm, looking at that price diff, she should do jfk na. If una fit pay the 560k plus, then pay

thanks. Na owo oniru owo oniyo we gather to sponsor her o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kallowdean(m): 11:13am On Aug 03, 2017
[b]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kodeya(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2017
Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me with TOEFL study pack ?

green.kayode@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 11:20am On Aug 03, 2017
Hurry roscolee!!!!! Aug 12 with R Air Maroc is 400k to Dulles, and na shorter layover. Na same day she go reach.
Chk wakanow

roscolee:
thanks. Na owo oniru owo oniyo we gather to sponsor her o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:33am On Aug 03, 2017
kallowdean:
Gurus,
Am taking Egusi and ogbolo to USA as a F1 Student.

Is it advisable to grind the Egusi and Ogbolo?
Or
Is okay to leave it as ordinary, will I get grinder to grind it?
grin

ehnnnn see food groove oooo...... I want to come and eat dinner ooo

it doesn't matter what state grind or ungrinded ........I would definitely grind, who has time to be buying dry blender

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ardedaryor(m): 11:54am On Aug 03, 2017
kodeya:
Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me with TOEFL study pack ?

green.kayode@yahoo.com

If you're in Lagos..
Propose a rendezvous I have Kaplan textbook

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.