Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,857 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (694435 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2017
cosade:

three (3) luggage

two (2) luggage

Hahahahaha he will use grammar to finish those Caucasians cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2017
Devuchka:

Hi what are the chances of being approved for F1 if you apply less than a month to classes start?

All things being equal, your passport booklet (with visa) should be ready for collection within 3 - 5 business days after visa approval. A month is good enough.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
NefT:
Please I need help, after filling a new DS160 and answered NO to the question asking if I have been denied a Visa or turned back at the point of entry after my last delayed interview, I have also booked an appointment with the new DS160 confirmation code. However, someone on this platform raised a concern about it that I ought to have filled YES since I was denied. I would like to know if this will likely be an issue during interview or is it possible to fill a new one after submission? If possible I hope the processing will reflect before my interview coming up this week; I wouldn't want to pay another 64k if everything should go awry or should I go to the interview with that hoping to explain to them that I had already submitted the form before noticing the mistake?
Any person with a kind heart should help me with a mock interview because I wouldn't want to be delayed the second time; I never knew this interview would be another challenging encounter after all the GRE and multiple applications to gain admission. Fortunately, the school has sent me a new I-20 still with a master's but with a remark that I have been admitted into Msc/PhD which is contigent upon completion of the Msc. This PhD which will commence 2019/2020 comes with tuition waiver/24000$ stipends.
And again I hope this will not raise a concern due to the issue date of the new admission letter and I-20 form, that it is an afterthought, u people know these people are not looking for reasons to grant u but 1 reason not to grant you. I know my father in heaven is in control. I am appealing to any kind hearted fellow to review my likely answers to the likely interview questions via a mock interview, I pray the almighty God will meet you at every point of your needs.....

Answering "No" implies you're being economical with the truth. These guys have zero tolerance for lies, deceits, misrepresentation etc. You're toying with a ten (10) year ban.

You should immediately fill a new form and update your profile in the appointment portal with the new barcode generated. To make it faster, simply retrieve the old form, click on create a new application and correct your mistake(s) before submitting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2017
Okesima24:
@TWoods wow!

I just saw your post and I'm indeed very shocked but can't hold anything against you.
You said I'm not a GENUINE student like you knew me before.
Well it's all good. I'm happy you have all the information in this world and are not ignorant to anything.
Maybe you didn't read a post I make about having 2 friends in that same school and it was their recommendations I followed to apply.
Ps: they are all studying and whatever they plan to do after is not for me to decide. You can pm me for their details if you want to find out more.

They are also funding themselves and I'm sure if they knew about this thread and the opportunities abound, like I now do, they would have probably taken other options trust me.
I only got to know about this thread after I was denied the first time and I have never claimed to know too much.
I did everything I did on their advise seeing that they already succeeded getting admission and Visa for said school so it was easy for me to think I won't also have a problem and follow people with testing result and not my own counsel with my ass still in naija.
Anyway, thanks regardless. I don't think I'll need to prove to you that I'm a student cos it's already your opinion.

It is well with all of us.

The onus of proving that you are a genuine student is entirely up to you, not the VO. From the above, its clear you applied to the school only because you have friends there, not because you took the time to research and find a school that truly met YOUR educational needs and goals. It took me 3 seconds to find out that Penn State also offers a masters of project management program with tuition rates that are just about on par with what Harrisburg Uni offers.

Your friends were lucky... a one-building "school" like Harrisburg Uni does not convince anyone that you really are interested in studying as opposed to using it as a means to emigrate to the US.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2017
olarich30:
Is there any one here flying to JFK through air maroc on Monday morning? If there is please Holla at me , we can be seat partners I just need someone to gist with while I take that long flight.

Is there also any nairalander who is in Orlando Florida? Please Holla at me, I need someone to help me get settled in. Thanks a lot and God bless you all

Same airline, same airport but 1 day difference between our trips. Wish you a safe flight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Silva094: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
Please nairalanders and travel gurus in the house help me. I was given a conditional admission pending when I finish my ESL program but I don't know if my conditional admission is a minus in the embassy, please people with experience so advice me... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2017
I was approved 14 days before the starting date.
Devuchka:

Hi what are the chances of being approved for F1 if you apply less than a month to classes start?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2017
Silva094:
Please nairalanders and travel gurus in the house help me. I was given a conditional admission pending when I finish my ESL program but I don't know if my conditional admission is a minus in the embassy, please people with experience so advice me... Thanks

Nigeria is an English speaking country..... ESL IS usually for those who English is a second language....

Why would u go abroad and pay for ESL .... its to learn basic english

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
Mitchely:
Point of Entry Experience at Denver International Airport on 2nd August. I was a bit scared due to the fact I had not secured an apartment before my flight and wifey insisted on me packing some foodstuff. Declared everything on the form issued, and proceeded to the interview. CPB scrutinized my documents, remarked that I can very prepared with a full kitchen, I replied with a smile that my wife made sure of that. Stamped me in after a little chit chat about when last I was in Lagos.
Thanks to this great family for all the help.....

For those traveling soon, please arrange to eat at your stopovers, I almost died of hunger on the 10hrs Lufhtensa flight from Frankfurt to Denver, meals were great, from how the other passengers were enjoying it. But for me that have been over spoilt with our Nigerian Delicacies, the instant transition to a piece of chicken in a greenish soup was just too much.

I couldn't stop laughing at the bolded cheesy cheesy grin

Wifey has asked to pack foods and I declined. Now I have learned a bit from your experience.

All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2017
ril1adigun:
Nairalanders....pls is dere anyone in califonia who can accommodate a nairalander at the moment pls......thanks in anticipation.....

cosade:

You qualified for a visa because you can fund your trip.

That's too harsh friend. That he made that request does not mean he can't fund his trip. Housing arrangements can be difficult sometimes to make when you are not on ground. And who said that 'accommodate' always means free hosting?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
dennison4luv:
,,,,greetingsss guys,,,,, pease i have a question,,,,,can an immigration lawyer intercede with the USA consular officer's decision on visa refusal / denial base on US INA law 214b as to review the consular's decision and reaffirm to the consular that applicant has strong ties with his home country and has a true intention of studying in USA

Hi dennison4luv, this question might be better asked on the 'abujaniv' thread here on nairaland. That thread is managed by employee/s of the US Embassy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NefT: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2017
cosade:

Answering "No" implies you're being economical with the truth. These guys have zero tolerance for lies, deceits, misrepresentation etc. You're toying with a ten (10) year ban.

You should immediately fill a new form and update your profile in the appointment portal with the new barcode generated. To make it faster, simply retrieve the old form, click on create a new application and correct your mistake(s) before submitting.

Thank you very much, God bless you. Are you saying I can retrieve the DS160 I have submitted? I feel if should try to log in with the DS 160 code, it will tell me the form has been submitted, please elucidate on this, is it the appointment site I will visit to make this changes, please help interview is wednesday.
How do I retrieve the old form? I would want to edit just that part to Yes because filling a new one is time consuming, is this possible? I look forward to your prompt reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2017
dennison4luv:
,,,,greetingsss guys,,,,, pease i have a question,,,,,can an immigration lawyer intercede with the USA consular officer's decision on visa refusal / denial base on US INA law 214b as to review the consular's decision and reaffirm to the consular that applicant has strong ties with his home country and has a true intention of studying in USA

No There is no appeal process for non immigrant visa so an immigration lawyer can do absolutely nothing. The decision is final however an applicant is allowed to reapply

So if the applicant has strong ties then he or she can re apply again and hopefully will be heard by a Vo that agrees . Several people have been given after a previous delay/ refusal

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mitchely: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2017
ecoleco:

I couldn't stop laughing at the bolded cheesy cheesy grin

Wifey has asked to pack foods and I declined. Now I have learned a bit from your experience.

All the best.
Please do, just make sure you declare them with their value. Also my bag of foodstuff lock was broken and checked by security, with a note dropped that it was randomly selected for check. So I am guessing it should not be locked.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2017
NefT:

Thank you very much, God bless you. Are you saying I can retrieve the DS160 I have submitted? I feel if should try to log in with the DS 160 code, it will tell me the form has been submitted, please elucidate on this, is it the appointment site I will visit to make this changes, please help interview is wednesday.
How do I retrieve the old form? I would want to edit just that part to Yes because filling a new one is time consuming, is this possible? I look forward to your prompt reply.

On the DS160 application website, use the RETRIEVE APPLICATION menu.

You'll be asked for the first five letters of your surname, year of birth and security question.
The select "create new application".

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NefT: 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
[quote author=cosade post=59207572]

On the DS160 application website, use the RETRIEVE APPLICATION menu.

You'll be asked for the first five letters of your surname, year of birth and security question.
The select "create new application".

Thank you. Will creating new application change the code in anyway? Also after clicking on create new, would the previous entries still be visible, because I would need to only change the answer to that question as YES or It means I will have to fill to form all over again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2017
NefT:

Thank you. Will creating new application change the code in anyway? Also after clicking on create new, would the previous entries still be visible, because I would need to only change the answer to that question as YES or It means I will have to fill to form all over again?

The barcode will change but all the information you filled earlier are retained. Simply review and change whatever you want to amend.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by emmayodata(m): 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2017
scoreall:

Am going to ETSU 4 Computer and info science too. Check ur pm.
I didn't get ur pm, pls resend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Silva094: 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Nigeria is an English speaking country..... ESL IS usually for those who English is a second language....

Why would u go abroad and pay for ESL .... its to learn basic english
so is conditional admission a minus now? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by floraine: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
Thank God someone replied

I saw the insensitive post and I was weak

People should really be rational when speaking

uote author=ecoleco post=59206998]

That's too harsh friend. That he made that request does not mean he can't fund his trip. Housing arrangements can be difficult sometimes to make when you are not on ground. And who said that 'accommodate' always means free hosting?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
Silva094:
so is conditional admission a minus now? Thanks

I did not say its a minus.... what is the basis of conditional.? ... there might be several reasons ...in this case is it lack of toefl or poor toefl ?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Labhii: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
Congrats...
anodebeanthony:
I was denied Visa on 26th July being Tuesday at Abuja

And

My Visa was approved On Tuesday being 1st August at Lagos

After the first denial in Abuja, that day I left the embassy with broken heart, I went straight to my hotel room picked my bag and took a cab to GTBank and paid for another visa fee before leaving Abuja. It was a journey filled with tears in my heart and my heart bled all through; I was so weak but I didn't show any sign of weakness. My people were so sad..... Long story......

LAGOS
I got to Lagos on 31st July and I stayed in a friend's house. And I didn't tell my people that I paid for another visa fee and they didn't know I was in Lagos.
I booked Uber that picked me 4:30 on the morning of 1st August. My interview was 7:15am but I got to embassy around 5:11am and had to wait for the verification to start... Fast forward to the interview line. I was directed to the guy at window 9 (I can't vividly remember) he denied 2 people before me; but those guys bleeped up, am sure they were not prepared at all.

The VO was with one black lady inside.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning (with big confident)

Vo: Tell me where you are going? And why you chose the place?

Me: I'm going to St Cloud State University in Minnesota for Bachelor's Degree in Computer science. I chose the school because they offered me a scholarship that waived part of my tuition and they have an exceptional program which integrates in-class learning with professional and practical learning. Their curriculum is structured in a way students can chose area of specialization like cyber security or software engineering which is what I want to professionalize in. (the lady with the VO interviewing was nodding)

Vo: Cyber security?
Me: I don't know what came over me I laughed and said software engineering and he laughed too.

(Honestly, I don't feel like it's an interview, I felt it's a conversation, I was so free and smiling all through with cool eye contact)

Vo: Tell me about the schools you applied?

Me: I applied to West Liberty University, West Virginia State University, University of the District of Columbia and Morgan State University but I chose St Cloud State University because of their well structured curriculum.

Vo: When did you finish high school?

Me: 2011, "he wanted to ask another question but I was faster than him so I ride on with" After I finish my high school I got admission to do two year National Diploma in Office Technology and Management which I finished in 2014, 2015 I didn't a one year compulsory internship and in 2016 I enrolled in a computer education centre which I did program on Web design using content management system, graphic design, digital marketing and search engine optimization. He cut me

Vo: What is the name of the place you did the program?

Me: I told him

Vo: What do you do now?

Me: Am currently doing an unpaid internship where I tutor high school graduates voluntary on WordPress development and search engine optimization.

VO: What is search engine optimization?

Me: (before he finished pronouncing the optimization) I don dey define the thing like whose lose brake. He was impressed same with the lady because they turn off the mic for me not to hear what they were saying and they were smiling and talking. He turned on the mic and

Vo: Your sponsor is your uncle?

Me: yes

Vo: What does he do?

Me: He is into importation of fabrics and textiles, he also has a farmer. He is into animal husbandry; 'piggery'.

He started typing what I don't know and he was so serious typing it and I started praying on my mind. After typing for like close to 1 min he put hand at the white paper and said I will be approving your visa and he gave me the white paper through that hole I didn't wait for him to finish the rest I zoomed off with a big smile on my face.

All thanks to God and the creator of this forum and to those contributing and sharing transcripts.

@tunnyz7 @teedawg @oludare01@texrem @zealotre @walspring
Thanks guys

My Advice to future applicants:
Be truthful and fill your DS160 yourself and know about your course. And also be bold and confident because that's the key.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by BigBUMBUM: 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
abeg oh which flight company has great deals!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by thacokeboy: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2017
cosade:

You qualified for a visa because you can fund your trip.
. bcus he's looking for accommodation means he can't fund his/her trip? I just don't know why some people are like this .. if u don't have any help abeg Quote something else

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2017
BigBUMBUM:
abeg oh which flight company has great deals!

Cc: walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kallowdean(m): 8:50pm On Aug 06, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by obone4real: 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2017
kallowdean:
Gurus,
Is it TRUE we can no longer make use of our popular Ghana must-go BAG as a baggage carrier
I'm traveling with Qatar airways, please can I use Ghana must-go bag as my second baggage bag.

��� u want to look like Osofia... a bag u can pull on wheels is better reduces stress.. I think Nigeria must Go is better.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 9:25pm On Aug 06, 2017
obone4real:

��� u want to look like Osofia... a bag u can pull on wheels is better reduces stress.. I think Nigeria must Go is better.

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by akandry: 9:27pm On Aug 06, 2017
kallowdean:
Gurus,
Is it TRUE we can no longer make use of our popular Ghana must-go BAG as a baggage carrier
I'm traveling with Qatar airways, please can I use Ghana must-go bag as my second baggage bag.
safe yourself the stress and buy a better travelling bag no one will assist you in carrying your bag.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Devuchka: 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
Ok let me elaborate a little bit so that the gurus in the house can help me out....so I was just accepted into Emory University for Masters I am to receive my I 20 this week along with a letter saying it's ok for me to start classes late, I have a current B1/B2 running and have been in and out of the states on B1/B2 severally over the past about 8yrs.....I really don't want to miss this fall semester, I am thinking of asking for an expedited appointment....any advice??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Devuchka: 9:43pm On Aug 06, 2017
gspeed360:

don't do it...
Can u elaborate further why not pls??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
Devuchka:
Ok let me elaborate a little bit so that the gurus in the house can help me out....so I was just accepted into Emory University for Masters I am to receive my I 20 this week along with a letter saying it's ok for me to start classes late, I have a current B1/B2 running and have been in and out of the states on B1/B2 severally over the past about 8yrs.....I really don't want to miss this fall semester, I am thinking of asking for an expedited appointment....any advice??

Depending on the date that the school states it ok to still resume. If you get your i20 and pay sevis next week . Depending on availability of dates if you then go for interview the upper week..

Its very rush but it still do able

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.