Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,014 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (694376 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2017
ukrsc:
@lagosismyhome. It was a surprise. Pls send me ur number my husband needs to talk to u. Thanks

grin i dont do telephone... like to remain namesless and faceless . You can send me a pm as I do email as well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayindesegun10(m): 11:43am On Jul 10, 2017
ukrsc:
@laghome. It was a surprise. Pls send me ur number my husband needs to talk to u. Thanks
Congrats, Have fun, pray hard and study harder. Enjoy yourself. Like I said yesterday, set sail for the God's own country. Bye

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ukrsc: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2017
Does my son need an I 20 and sevis form as dependant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Edward890: 11:55am On Jul 10, 2017
I'm a silent reader of this great thread, I had my interview 7:30am this morning and I was denied.
Here's my transcript

Vo:Good morning
Me: Good morning
Vo: pass me your passport and I-20
Me: I passed it
Vo: why did you choose NMHU
Me: The program it offers will give me the skills and knowledge of becoming a successful school administrators, and I also choosed NMHU because it's is ranked number one among other university in NM for successful career outcome for its graduate and it has a low staff to student ratio which will enable me learn easily
Vo: How did you know about the school?
Me: A professor during my undergraduate days told me about the school, he had his masters there
Vo: what's your occupation
Me: I'm a school administrator at xxxxx
Vo: who is sponsoring your school
Me: my dad
Vo: what does he do?
Me: He works with the human reaource unite of the xxxxxxxxx
Vo: how many school did you apply to?
Me: 3- Arizona state uni, Texas southern uni and NMHU
Vo: How many of these schools gave you admission?
Me: just one---NMHU
Vo: typed for a bit and said I'm sorry I can't approve your visa
I felt like not collecting the nonsense paper he handed me

My people please what exactly did I answer wrongly? I've being thinking because even if it's because i said it was only one school that gave me admission, is that enough reason for me to get denied? Plz someone help out with my question.....thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
There is one thing I hate in this forum .. Why do u guys hide your school abi unah no want person to sabi the school as well?. Shey its someone that also introduced you to same school..

U come here and say xzy school.. But when u people need help u will not allow somebody rest..

Sense fall on all those involved I don't even want to know who you are..

Wicked people.. If u know u want drop the name of your school to help others apply kindly keep your transcript to your self. Lobbish..

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Observer25: 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
Edward890:
I'm a silent reader of this great thread, I had my interview 7:30am this morning and I was denied.
Here's my transcript

Vo:Good morning
Me: Good morning
Vo: pass me your passport and I-20
Me: I passed it
Vo: why did you choose NMHU
Me: The program it offers will give me the skills and knowledge of becoming a successful school administrators, and I also choosed NMHU because it's is ranked number one among other university in NM for successful career outcome for its graduate and it has a low staff to student ratio which will enable me learn easily
Vo: How did you know about the school?
Me: A professor during my undergraduate days told me about the school, he had his masters there
Vo: what's your occupation
Me: I'm a school administrator at xxxxx
Vo: who is sponsoring your school
Me: my dad
Vo: what does he do?
Me: He works with the human reaource unite of the xxxxxxxxx
Vo: how many school did you apply to?
Me: 3- Arizona state uni, Texas southern uni and NMHU
Vo: How many of these schools gave you admission?
Me: just one---NMHU
Vo: typed for a bit and said I'm sorry I can't approve your visa
I felt like not collecting the nonsense paper he handed me

My people please what exactly did I answer wrongly? I've being thinking because even if it's because i said it was only one school that gave me admission, is that enough reason for me to get denied? Plz someone help out with my question.....thanks

Why did u say "only one" school accepted you? Doesn't sound right to me and am not even a VO.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Johnolukolade(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
smithsydny:
There is one thing I hate in this forum .. Why do u guys hide your school abi unah no want person to sabi the school as well?. Shey its someone that also introduced you to same school..

U come here and say xzy school.. But when u people need help u will not allow somebody rest..

Wicked people.. If u know u want drop the name of your school to help others apply kindly keep your transcript to your self. Lobbish..

I taya my dear brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello house, this thread is very informative. Keep up with the good work. I'm in a state of dilemma and I need some educational advice. I've written gre and toefl with scores of Q155 V 153 and 96/120 respectively. However, I was denied admission into LSU and Texas A&M for fall 2017 admission. I felt the reason is because my gre score is low and have decided to write another but I need advice on safe schools to apply to as I don't want to be disappointed again. I have a Cgpa of 4.13/5.00 in BSc Chemical engineering and would like to go for master's in chemical engineering too. Thanks as I await a speedy response

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lakreame: 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Please is there anybody with recent experience travelling to the USA with Qatar airways and does it affect you at POE? Plss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
Johnolukolade:

I taya my dear brother.
like I don't even care who d fvck is involved ryt now..

They fvcking keep there useless transcript wtf...

Dropping the name of the school those that mean people or Nigerians don't attend it..or will it stop them from traveling..

E get people wah no just deserve help for this world.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Johnolukolade(m): 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
smithsydny:
like I don't even care who d fvck is involved ryt now..

They fvcking keep there useless transcript wtf...

Dropping the name of the school those that mean people or Nigerians don't attend it..or will it stop them from traveling..

E get people wah no just deserve help for this world.

Guess they forgot that rule "you gat your life to live" There was a time Oludare01 said 90% of Nigerians made up an association in his school. Your admission no fit affect mine tho.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Edward890: 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
smithsydny:

NMHU is not xyz, it's a short form of d school name....And for the records I searched for it online despit I stated it was recommend by my lecturer.....if you type NHMU university in google it will pop up the name of the university. I don't have to exchange words with u coz I believe everybody has got a stage to get to before behaving maturly.... Next time ask questions before u jump into conclusions

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
Edward890:

NMHU is not xyz, it's a short form of d school name....And for the records I searched for it online despit I stated it was recommend by my lecture.....if you type NHMU university in google it will pop up the name of the university. I don't have to exchange words with u coz I believe everybody has got a stage to get to before behaving maturly.... Next time ask questions before u jump into conclusions
is your moniker written on post.. Get a lens to see very ma'am or sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
Johnolukolade:

Guess they forgot that rule "you gat your life to live" There was a time Oludare01 said 90% of Nigerians made up an association in his school. Your admission no fit affect mine tho.
spot on

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
adey2014:
all of una wey just dey go Bleep and xxxx and xyz universities. abeg give us their websites so we can apply there oo. lolz
as in .. absolute serenren of the highest order angry angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
tosinooo:
Hello house, this thread is very informative. Keep up with the good work. I'm in a state of dilemma and I need some educational advice. I've written gre and toefl with scores of Q155 V 153 and 96/120 respectively. However, I was denied admission into LSU and Texas A&M for fall 2017 admission. I felt the reason is because my gre score is low and have decided to write another but I need advice on safe schools to apply to as I don't want to be disappointed again. I have a Cgpa of 4.13/5.00 in BSc Chemical engineering and would like to go for master's in chemical engineering too. Thanks as I await a speedy response
already replied on the other thread , but
if you have spare $30, you can pay for a premium account on usnews....... but if you dont mind, you can consider smaller less popular schools, like
1)University Of Alaska, Fairbanks (admit rate is 45%+)
over 70%admit rate as follows
---------------------------------
2)Oklahoma State University
3)University of Alabama Huntsville
4)university of rhode island
5)university of new mexico
6) south dakota school of mines and technology
NB: Having high acceptance rate doesn't mean they will definitely accept you, but at least the competition isn't stiff

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aadeyi: 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
shakol91:
ma'am he's 26yrs..and he has ND

Been a transfer student would have been the best for him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aadeyi: 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
tosinooo:

Did you evaluate your transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by KennyOnas(f): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
Good morning sir, please i am new on this platform and i have been reading some of the transcript and i believe God has been using you to prepare us for our VISA interviews. Please i need your help cos i would be applying tomorrow and i need to talk to you or atleast send you an e-mail if you don't mind. Thank you sir.
texrem:

They are doing necessary check up before issuing it. Its nothing to worry about. Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by KennyOnas(f): 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
Please I am also in need of your help. I am new here and i do not know how to send PMS. Please help me.
LagosismyHome:

grin i dont do telephone... like to remain namesless and faceless . You can send me a pm as I do email as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gaviria: 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
tosinooo:
Which of the Texas A&M? Because College station is > others( Kingsville, Commerce etc). College station is very competitive. But if it's Kingsville then I'm guessing it's probably the other parts of your application, like LOR and SOP because your GRE is okay for the school. Your CGPA is good and for LSU do they do rolling admission? How early or late did you apply? Do they have a GRE Quantitative cutoff for their Engr courses? Some schools might have theirs at 160 or less. So you need to know these things. Those are the factors you need to consider. If you feel you can do better in your GRE and you're not considering spring 18 then you can write it but if not, there're schools your GRE and profile generally would get you into. However if you're waiting till fall 18 I'll advice you take another GRE and get above 310 (160 and above in your Quantitative).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dollypiizu: 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Glory be to God
Visa approved this morning at Lagos Consulate 7am batch.
Transcript below..

V.O: good morning, How are you
Me: I'm fine, how was your weekend?
V.O: it was fine and yours?
Me: Good( I pass my documents to him, I-20 and passport)
V.O: why Texas A&M university- kingsville
Me: I chose Tamuk bcoz my dept offers a concentration in drugs and Substance abuse within their MS Criminology program and I am particularly interested in that area coz it's identified as a threat to global security
V.O: what other school did u apply to and name them
Me: Tamuk and University of Missouri
V.O: why chose Tamuk over Missouri
Me: I had a good relationship with Dr xyz who has an ongoing research in drug and substance abis and he was quite impressed with my statement of purpose and Gpa thereby making him to agree to let me join his research team upon arrival.
V.O: what did you study in your undergraduate and when did you finish?
Me: Sociology and Anthropology. Sept 2015
V.O Your visa is approved. Pick it up in 3 business days at the circled locations. Enjoy the rest of your day.

The grace of God actually worked for me coz the guy was strictest among the VOs available this morning. Pray and have faith in God, the. You'll be surprised at the extent you can go.

A very big thank you to @mathsquanta @icool @topdee who too there time out of a busy schedule to help me with mock interviews, may God bless you all and to all still awaiting approval. Read the transcripts on here, prepare yours, practice them don't cram and pray. You will definitely get it.
#letsgoTEAMFALL2017

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by joeluv: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
I was so hungry I almost passed out and it's been a stressful two days for me because of the flood, I have not had any decent sleep for two days.
I was interviewed by the chubby white lady in her 50's, the lady did not smile at all, not even for a second. She denied the two guys before me and she approved one guy before them. The guy she approved, they where busy cracking jokes and she was all smiles (The Guy fine Sha). After that it was frowning all the day. Fear catch me for real, coupled with the hunger and the sleep that was on my case I felt like I lost my voice. Fast forward to my turn.

Me: Good Morning
Vo : still frowning (Pass me your paper)
Vo: what is your highest degree
Me: Masters
Vo: When did you have this Master
Me: 2011
Vo: Why do you need another Masters
Me: I intend to pursue a career in economic analysis and a masters in (Vo cuts me off)
Vo: What have you been doing since 2011
Me: I first worked with Union bank as (She cuts me off)
Vo: This scholarship what's it about
Me: Its an academic merit award? awarded to me by (Vo cuts in)
Vo: Why where you given this award
Me: because of my previous academic record
Vo: How many schools did you apply to
Me: Two
Vo: What's the other one
Me: Illinois state university (Because of hunger and frowning I could not even properly pronounce Illinois)
Vo: she leans over and is like come again
No: said it agin this time she heard me
Vo: Where you given admission
Me: (With a smile)I was not admitted
Vo: Who is paying for the balance
Me: My uncle
Vo: what does he do
Me: Owns a Micro finance company
Vo: Have you been to the USA before
Me: Yes
VO: Where would you be staying
Me: I would get a place around Arlington Virginia.
Vo: Pick up your Passport in three days (circling something on the paper)
Me: Thank you very much.

I prayed so hard for a smiling Vo and an uncomplicated interview. Baba God answered the most important one so it's all good.
No documents asked, no question of why this school what would you do with this degree. In fact neither She nor I ever mentioned the name of my school through out the conversation. She was so focused on the screen I was just wondering if it is only DS-160 she is reading.
That was it everyone o. Please pray pray pray before you come for your interview, because the whole process is a lil but awkward and can easily unsettle some people. The God factor can not be over emphasized.

I have learned to much from this thread and I wish to thank everyone that contributes to its success. We all need to be our brothers keeper and it's evident in this thread. All the best to others awaiting their interview. God would surely do it for you as he did it for me.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by KennyOnas(f): 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
Yes you mentioned. How do i send you a pm? I still don't know my way around.
KennyOnas:
Please I am also in need of your help. I am new here and i do not know how to send PMS. Please help me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by KennyOnas(f): 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
Please sir can i have YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS?
KennyOnas:
Good morning sir, please i am new on this platform and i have been reading some of the transcript and i believe God has been using you to prepare us for our VISA interviews. Please i need your help cos i would be applying tomorrow and i need to talk to you or atleast send you an e-mail if you don't mind. Thank you sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
bjhaid:
Good day, been trying to upload picture on the ds160, but the page keeps rejecting the image uploaded, can I go on to submit without the image
Cc lagosismyhome
are u here also? shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Rheenah: 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
joeluv:
Visa Approved. Transcript loading. God has surely fulfilled his promise ���
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Rheenah: 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
Dollypiizu:
Visa approved this morning at Lagos Consulate. Transcript loading.... I'm a product of grace
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
smithsydny:
are u here also? shocked
silently and codedly following
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Rheenah: 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
Edward890:

NMHU is not xyz, it's a short form of d school name....And for the records I searched for it online despit I stated it was recommend by my lecturer.....if you type NHMU university in google it will pop up the name of the university. I don't have to exchange words with u coz I believe everybody has got a stage to get to before behaving maturly.... Next time ask questions before u jump into conclusions
I don't think he was talking about you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.