Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (694450 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
Can i apply to Lincoln university with my third class division of 2.33/5.0 for the MBA,I read agricultural economics and extensionquote author=burrrnerrr post=58357568]

Congrats bro. The same person interviewed me and asked me the same questions. She's a complete babe. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Champ10n: 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Thanks and Congrats you did well. God bless your new journey

Mind if i ask how old you are or what age range . Just out of curiosity
I'm in my early 20s. Also, I forgot to include the fact that my program is a one year program. Will that make the official at the POI question why I booked a one way ticket?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
please ..am 25 years of age ,got my b.sc in 2014..i applied for pre - professional program ..please will this affect my chances at the embassy for visa cos i have just been admitted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ObenJoshua(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hello house, I have gained a lot from similar threads on this platform, and I appreciate the efforts of people here. God bless.
I need help, and I hope my questions won't be annoying, based on the fact that they probably have been answered earlier.
I have a BSc. in Computer Science (CGPA: 3.61), graduated in 2015, and I've worked as a Web Developer at a start-up company for over a year now.
So I have decided to give the USA a try for foreign study, and I need clear cut specifications and clarifications, 'cause my personal findings don't seem to be inline with the wise counsel I've been reading here.
So I want to ask about schools that don't require GRE for the MSc. program, and as well, schools that are quite affordable, and probably with funding opportunities, and most importantly with high chance of admission (application fee no be beans biko, lol).
Entry Semester: Spring 2018.
I've got less than 2 weeks till the average deadline of 30th, September,
epp biko.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by michael1385: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
damiebukie:

hello michael,

does one need GRE to apply for chemistry? the WES evaluation of documents which one is appropriate is it the document by document or course by course
GRE is not required for admission. However, you can write it to boost your chance of getting GA. I didn't do WES evaluation so i can't really answer ur question as regard dt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrMann1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
ObenJoshua:
Hello house, I have gained a lot from similar threads on this platform, and I appreciate the efforts of people here. God bless.
I need help, and I hope my questions won't be annoying, based on the fact that they probably have been answered earlier.
I have a BSc. in Computer Science (CGPA: 3.61), graduated in 2015, and I've worked as a Web Developer at a start-up company for over a year now.
So I have decided to give the USA a try for foreign study, and I need clear cut specifications and clarifications, 'cause my personal findings don't seem to be inline with the wise counsel I've been reading here.
So I want to ask about schools that don't require GRE for the MSc. program, and as well, schools that are quite affordable, and probably with funding opportunities, and most importantly with high chance of admission (application fee no be beans biko, lol).
epp biko.
Thank you.

Writing GRE gives you an advantage of securing a student visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
ObenJoshua:
epp biko.
Thank you.
medium GPA + No GRE + No Research Experience; and you want Funding?? grin grin. Well, you can try ETSU (lot of Nlers get in ) Morgan state uni, Troy, Kansas State University (No funding without GRE). , UT El Paso (Bigfancis has been evangelising them )

Edit: Forget about spring and look toward fall 2018 , and try to write GRE, a score of >300 with kick-ass SOP can get you very sweet financial packages. For now look for B+/B- schools and begin sending out mails , ask questions , direct questions, you'll find what you seek.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
femi312:
Will send it soon

Thank.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2017
ponpon:
For those yet to write GRE, TOEFL, SAT, GMAT and co..
I have good news, reduced price.
Lowest you can find around and 100% Legit...

Details coming shortly...

Nice one and this is great!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
ObenJoshua:
epp biko.
Thank you.
My reply might not be what you are expecting to read but it is what it. Running away from GRE makes you sound like an unserious student. Do you know the number of Indian students applying for computer science in the US with mind blowing GRE score each admission cycle? Now imagine you with no GRE, do you stand a chance? Even if you stand a chance at admission, can you afford the tuition? because you definetly dont stand a chance at funding except you go to all those one building school which in my opinion is not worth anybody's time. You don't want to experience thinking about how to pay tuition and at the same time turning in your homeworks, and keeping up with your courses. Its hell on earth. So go write GRE and aim for fall. You don't have to do the process in a hurry. What is worth doing at all is worth doing well. The decision is yours to make.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
femi312:
My reply might not be what you are expecting to read but it is what it. Running away from GRE makes you sound like an unserious student. Do you know the number of Indian students applying for computer science in the US with mind blowing GRE score each admission cycle? Now imagine you with no GRE, do you stand a chance? Even if you stand a chance at admission, can you afford the tuition? because you definetly dont stand a chance at funding except you go to all those one building school which in my opinion is not worth anybody's time. You don't want to experience thinking about how to pay tuition and at the same time turning in your homeworks, and keeping up with your courses. Its hell on earth. So go write GRE and aim for fall. You don't have to do the process in a hurry. What is worth doing at all is worth doing well. The decision is yours to make.

Seconded!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MissKayD(f): 8:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hi everyone.
Please I need help urgently.

My cousin got admission for high school (grade 9) in the US with scholarship. He went for his visa interview this morning and was told that he did not meet with the requirements. If anyone can give an idea of what kind of documents he is meant to submit, I would appreciate it.
He went his I-20 form, visa payment confirmation, SEVIS payment confirmation. From my understanding he doesn't need to write SATS or any other exam since he is going to high school not college. Is there anything else he needs to take with him?
This is quite urgent as he is meant to resume September 25.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
MissKayD:
Hi everyone.
Please I need help urgently.

My cousin got admission for high school (grade 9) in the US with scholarship. He went for his visa interview this morning and was told that he did not meet with the requirements. If anyone can give an idea of what kind of documents he is meant to submit, I would appreciate it.
He went his I-20 form, visa payment confirmation, SEVIS payment confirmation. From my understanding he doesn't need to write SATS or any other exam since he is going to high school not college. Is there anything else he needs to take with him?
This is quite urgent as he is meant to resume September 25.

Thanks
High school with scholarship?. Asides that, the VO knows it's counter productive to leave Nigeria and go and complete three grades in America (ss1-3) when it can easily be done in Nigeria for far cheaper cost. My advice- don't waste your time . let the kid finish secondary school here and apply for undergrad when he's done.
Edit : Any sane VO would see this as Ill advised immigration Intent , Grade schools in America are either Tax payer funded, or freak'n expensive (Stuyvesant, phillip Exeter et Al), so the whole scholarship thingy sounds like visa mill charade.once again let the kid do ss1-3 here, at least he can start now to build a solid college application profile to get sweet financial packages for undergrad.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by KendrickAyomide: 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
My people, una know anY university wen i fit take get Visa then do Reverse transfer go Houston Community college once i touch down Yankee? Educate an ignorant brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bayocanny: 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
ProfOjah1234:

grin grin Life can leave one bitter but we must believe it gets better!!..
What's up dude, How are you holding up overthere?
Arcayo ask of you, try to reach him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
My people, una know anY university wen i fit take get Visa then do Reverse transfer go Houston Community college once i touch down Yankee? Educate an ignorant brother
and this is why Twoods Dey breathe fire and thunder for here grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by KendrickAyomide: 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
and this is why Twoods Dey breathe fire and thunder for here grin grin grin
u know anyone? and who be Twoods? u mean TigerWoods?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
�..

Relax, Oga Twood dey come for you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hi! Please anyone here at the University of Missouri, Kansas City
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by KendrickAyomide: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
gbaby4live:
�..
Relax, Oga Twood dey come for you..
na OtuTu abi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 10:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
bayocanny:

What's up dude, How are you holding up overthere?
Arcayo ask of you, try to reach him.
Bayu Agbalagba.. Howfa padi mi,

Chaii.. Arcayo my boss of life. Sure egbon is rocking Canada now. Kindly send his number to me: profojah78 at gmail dot com.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MissKayD(f): 10:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
High school with scholarship?. Asides that, the VO knows it's counter productive to leave Nigeria and go and complete three grades in America (ss1-3) when it can easily be done in Nigeria for far cheaper cost. My advice- don't waste your time . let the kid finish secondary school here and apply for undergrad when he's done.
Edit : Any sane VO would see this as Ill advised immigration Intent , Grade schools in America are either Tax payer funded, or freak'n expensive (Stuyvesant, phillip Exeter et Al), so the whole scholarship thingy sounds like visa mill charade.once again let the kid do ss1-3 here, at least he can start now to build a solid college application profile to get sweet financial packages for undergrad.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bayocanny: 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
ProfOjah1234:

Bayu Agbalagba.. Howfa padi mi,

Chaii.. Arcayo my boss of life. Sure egbon is rocking Canada now. Kindly send his number to me: profojah78 at gmail dot com.
I just dey o, u dissapear we no see ur breaklight, I still vex for u sha.
Lol, baba go flex for canny he's back in naija. I'm not on WhatsApp I would have send you his digits but try to reach him through his naija contact.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ObenJoshua(m): 11:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
Edit: Forget about spring and look toward fall 2018 , and try to write GRE, a score of >300 with kick-ass SOP can get you very sweet financial packages. For now look for B+/B- schools and begin sending out mails , ask questions , direct questions, you'll find what you seek.[/quote]

Thank You. I have started considering the GRE. The fact that I spent the whole 2017 waiting on a Canadian admission that didn't come through was the reason for the rush, it hurt really. But I'm getting myself together though. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponlear(m): 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
femi312:
My reply might not be what you are expecting to read but it is what it. Running away from GRE makes you sound like an unserious student. [/b]Do you know the number of Indian students applying for computer science in the US with mind blowing GRE score each admission cycle?[b] Now imagine you with no GRE, do you stand a chance? Even if you stand a chance at admission, can you afford the tuition? because you definetly dont stand a chance at funding except you go to all those one building school which in my opinion is not worth anybody's time. You don't want to experience thinking about how to pay tuition and at the same time turning in your homeworks, and keeping up with your courses. Its hell on earth. So go write GRE and aim for fall. You don't have to do the process in a hurry. What is worth doing at all is worth doing well. The decision is yours to make.
I fear those Indians especially in Quantitative. You will see 170's
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by wunmite90: 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
Silva094:
finally I got admission to study in Cleveland State University for spring semester(UG) I have submitted my SOA and I got a confirmation email from them, please how many days does it take for i20 to get to the country ?(though I don't stay in Lagos) And after getting the i20 what's next? Thanks
have just gain admission to study at cleveland state university to pls what my next step help a broda and pls what did you submit and the confirmation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ObenJoshua(m): 11:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
femi312:

Thank you, I appreciate your response, and I have started to work on it.
And please can you suggest schools for me,
ones with sure(relatively) admission, and funding opportunities, for MSc. Computer Science, or Computer Information system.

I am actually checking out a lot of schools, but suggestions from people here who obviously know more, will help guide my research.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
Champ10n:

I'm in my early 20s. Also, I forgot to include the fact that my program is a one year program. Will that make the official at the POI question why I booked a one way ticket?

Congratulations... Your transcript just gave me a lot of hope, I was beginning to get scared at some point reading some transcript here....

All the best in your studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by CaptEColeJnr: 12:08am On Sep 19, 2017
Is there any university in the US that doesn't require SAT? Preferably around the North Eastern axis (Massachusetts etc). Please help out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by CaptEColeJnr: 12:09am On Sep 19, 2017
Is it every American university that requires Further mathematics to study Engineering?? Please I need answers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hushee(m): 1:53am On Sep 19, 2017
Zeiya:

Thanks.

They admit 10-15 per year but their funding is sure. I will include them

That's the only problem they have, but since you have your masters already, you have an edge. And I'll advice u to start contacting some of their professors asap, and they respond to mails very well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 2:07am On Sep 19, 2017
bayocanny:

I just dey o, u dissapear we no see ur breaklight, I still vex for u sha.
Lol, baba go flex for canny he's back in naija. I'm not on WhatsApp I would have send you his digits but try to reach him through his naija contact.
Ohh he's back?. I will talk to him now.. Oga mi no vex for me abeg. I'm still your boy!.. Mabinu padi mi

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: Gist9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.