Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695124 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chaiks: 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ubah1:

Lol this one is small na. 4.9+ plenty
mehn.forget.u try well well.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2017
orimahspence:
Dear gurus in the house

I applied for I class visa in December 2015 to cover an event in the state, but was denied, I was a journalist then and worked for a popular print media, my two attempt at visa was unsuccessful, I assumed it was due to the fact that I have Presbycusis – Loss of hearing that gradually occurs because of changes in the inner or middle ear in individuals, this made ma ask the VO to repeat them selves often before I could hear them well,(a situation I guess they are not pleased with) I have since resigned from the media company and have joined my dad firm, he is sending me for MBA in the United States to get trained so he can offer me a major position in the management team of one of his companies , three schools have admitted me and I'm yet to make final decision on which to attend, my question however Is "how do I politely tell VO that I have presbycusis? Is there a place in DS 160 that I can indicate this? It's not as if I don't hear at all but one have have to speak slowly with clarity (not necessarily loudly) for me to hear, please respond, I hope I don't get deprived of this great opportunity

Pls help
Thanks

sorry to hear this. ...... what about treatment such as implant or hearing aids because the Vo might wonder if you cant hear a close by 1:1 interview how will u hear the lectures in class. although ABROAD people are usual not discriminated against due to any impairment

i am not sure if on ds160 there a place to indicate this . maybe you ask the VO directly here .
https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening/207#61611771

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adesegun14: 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ok. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adesegun14: 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
folmus:

Is he not the owner of the accounts? Evidence of financial capabilities covers all his accounts. As long as the money meet the required amounts, you can use them all.

Ok. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mizznkem: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2017
Hello Bigfrancis, I sent you a mail a few days back. I will appreciate it if you could go through the mail and respond. Thanks in advance.

bigfrancis21:

Usually the online transcript pops up in a new tab/window where you can view/scroll up and down. You could print it out if you want.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kallowdean(m): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
I responded to your PM. Or did i mix it with another! Let me double check!

alutachuks:
@Kallowdean I really will want to send u an email to get some details....you can email me on alutachuks at yahoo dot com.....will be looking forward to talk with u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dorispray: 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2017
Tyleet:
Please, is there anybody in need of naira here? I need exactly $500 asap, and I will send you the naira equivalent into your local bank account, while you help me make a payment in $$$ in the US or send me the $500 through PayPal.

Please let me know urgently if there is anyone.

I've got PayPal funds and I can help you with your request. You can reach me via the email address on my signature below.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mayorboi(m): 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
orimahspence:
Dear gurus in the house

I applied for I class visa in December 2015 to cover an event in the state, but was denied, I was a journalist then and worked for a popular print media, my two attempt at visa was unsuccessful, I assumed it was due to the fact that I have Presbycusis – Loss of hearing that gradually occurs because of changes in the inner or middle ear in individuals, this made ma ask the VO to repeat them selves often before I could hear them well,(a situation I guess they are not pleased with)

I am not an ENT or anything medical related but I suggest you consult one for hearing aids & subsequent treatments.. Don't let something within your control mitigate your chances at the embassy..Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Osunguy: 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
Pls guys I have a question, I studied French education and I'd like to know which course I stand a better chance at : Masters in healthcare administration (MHA) or Masters in business administration (MBA) considering the fact that I'm an art student. Is it possible I get admitted with no prerequisite course. Shld I go ahead and start applying. And even if I'm to take any prerequisite course will it affect my chances at the embassy. I prefer to study MHA tho.
Thanks .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by eldee365: 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2017
HonNellymike12:

Criminal justice, data analysis, artificial intelligence, if I remember the others I will let u no.
Thank you smiley

Am not good with coding, i researched about data Analysis and the other one mentioned the other day, Actually i don't want to really run away from finance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
It is not legal to do business or work on a F2 visa. A F2 is issued to permit the F1 student's dependents to accompany them to the US, and it allows their children to attend public school. If you need your spouse to work in the US to support you, you don't qualify for the F1 student visa.

Jamezy4u:

Hello House and experience people like @Lagosismyhome, and @bigfrancis21,

Please, as a Graduate student on F1 Visa, what type of business petty things can your wife do in the US legally to keep busy as well as support financially while with you in US on F2 dependent Visa?

Is there any hand work/skills she can learn in Nigeria before coming that she can use legally? Am aware dependent are not allowed to take up employment while on F2 Visa.

Thanks in anticipation.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
This must be a Trine University candidate if am not mistaken oooo

Tyleet:
Please, is there anybody in need of naira here? I need exactly $500 asap, and I will send you the naira equivalent into your local bank account, while you help me make a payment in $$$ in the US or send me the $500 through PayPal.

Please let me know urgently if there is anyone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by signature2012(m): 1:21am On Oct 21, 2017
orimahspence:
Dear gurus in the house

I applied for I class visa in December 2015 to cover an event in the state, but was denied, I was a journalist then and worked for a popular print media, my two attempt at visa was unsuccessful, I assumed it was due to the fact that I have Presbycusis – Loss of hearing that gradually occurs because of changes in the inner or middle ear in individuals, this made ma ask the VO to repeat them selves often before I could hear them well,(a situation I guess they are not pleased with) I have since resigned from the media company and have joined my dad firm, he is sending me for MBA in the United States to get trained so he can offer me a major position in the management team of one of his companies , three schools have admitted me and I'm yet to make final decision on which to attend, my question however Is "how do I politely tell VO that I have presbycusis? Is there a place in DS 160 that I can indicate this? It's not as if I don't hear at all but one have have to speak slowly with clarity (not necessarily loudly) for me to hear, please respond, I hope I don't get deprived of this great opportunity

Cc
Lagosismyhome
Wallspring
Bigfrancis
Detus
Etall

Pls help
Thanks

I really feel for you bro.I pray you get an everlasting solution to this predicament.

Cc LagosNIV
AbujaNIV
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kallowdean(m): 2:22am On Oct 21, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

Please guild me on how to go about the payment, a cousin want to pay sevis for me over there through western union but he's a novice, please how do we go about it?

Make sure you fill the SEVIS Form on https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html
Then choose the Western Union payment option at the end.
Send the print out the form coupon (PDF Format) to your person and he will take it to the nearest Western Union store and with is valid ID.
A western union store (NOT NIGERIA) will conclude the transaction.
###GBAM

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cassey14(f): 2:28am On Oct 21, 2017
folmus:

IELTS is 68k, TOEFL is 180$

I think you should listen to that guy. TOEFL isn't up to that amount. B.Y MAFIT and myexamplanet.com charges 50k. I did mine for 45k at B.Y MAFIT cos they had a promo going on which was last month.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 4:31am On Oct 21, 2017
kallowdean:

Make sure you fill the SEVIS Form on https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html
Then choose the Western Union payment option at the end.
Send the print out the form coupon (PDF Format) to your person and he will take it to the nearest Western Union store and with is valid ID.
A western union store (NOT NIGERIA) will conclude the transaction.
###GBAM
Thanks so much...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by goodemma20(m): 5:32am On Oct 21, 2017
femi312:
For Engineering applicants who are looking for extra schools to apply to, you can check Michigan Tech, the graduate school application is free and you can upload GRE and Toefl score report but will have to request for official score report if you decide to enroll.It actually a decent school for Engineering, at least its ranked #62 for Civil Engineering. You have nothing to lose
Can i send the official GRE and TOEFL scores after I have been provisionally admitted?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by PrinceDekunle: 6:29am On Oct 21, 2017
LagosNIV:
It is not legal to do business or work on a F2 visa. A F2 is issued to permit the F1 student's dependents to accompany them to the US, and it allows their children to attend public school. If you need your spouse to work in the US to support you, you don't qualify for the F1 student visa.

@Jamezy4u please take the advice from the Visa officer as a serious one. I am here in the US and believe me it's not worth the hazel when your wife start having problems with the law. Don't even think you can cheat the system here. Somehow, someway, every defaulters would end up paying big time! You don't want issues in the US believe me lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by eldee365: 7:16am On Oct 21, 2017
Jamezy4u:
Bro,

I need to ask you some questions pls. I already have an admission to MAcc in US and almost ready to take off. I want to see if its possible to switch or transfer.

Pls reply to my pm, I have sent. thanks

Good morning smiley sir,

i just saw this your comment, did you encounter any difficulties with MAcc?
What area are you switching to?
i plan doing MAcc, confused if i should go for MBA, am relatively young tho, no work experience yet too.

Lastly, which school were you admitted for MAcc? Any form of scholarship or Any Assistanceship?

Don't mind my too many questions Sir smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:19am On Oct 21, 2017
folmus:

IELTS is 68k, TOEFL is 180$

some centers have coupons from ets and are able to register for less than the official price hence why GRE and TOEFL are done for about 50k

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheManOfTheYear: 8:07am On Oct 21, 2017
LagosNIV:

GBAM!!
VO has spoken ...
Court!!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 21, 2017
Good day lovelies.... Please is there anyone in Indiana State University? Please it's urgent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 21, 2017
Hello orimahspence -

This advice applies to anyone who has difficulty hearing. We want to adjudicate visa applications based on the applicant's qualifications for the visa, we don't want someone who is otherwise qualified to miss out on the opportunity to travel to the US because they can't hear the questions. If you have difficulty hearing, please mention that to us at the start of the interview. We have a few options, from as simple as turning up the volume on our microphone to going into a privacy booth with a door that shuts to keep out the noise of other interviews, and we will be happy to make reasonable accommodations to enable you to communicate effectively with us.

Regards,

LagosNIV

32 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Breamz(m): 11:23am On Oct 21, 2017
Due to the help and advices I got from this forum, I would like to also like to help my fellow folks ... if there is anyone who needs a temporary stay in cleveland for few weeks before they get their own apartment ...
peace

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 21, 2017
Good morning ladies nd gentle men. I am a silent reader. I am a graduate with HND in electrical Engineering. Wish i could be helped to get a nice school. Also how to send my transcript to WES?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Osunguy: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2017
Osunguy:
Pls guys I have a question, I studied French education and I'd like to know which course I stand a better chance at : Masters in healthcare administration (MHA) or Masters in business administration (MBA) considering the fact that I'm an art student. Is it possible I get admitted with no prerequisite course. Shld I go ahead and start applying. And even if I'm to take any prerequisite course will it affect my chances at the embassy. I prefer to study MHA tho.
Thanks .

Please guys, help me out with this

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.