Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (690338 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Harpaa(m): 7:57am On Nov 07, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

PM me, I'm also going to Lincoln University, California

@ ijebuboy... pls I just pm you to talk better.. wanna chose Lincoln university for Mba.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by winzy(m): 7:58am On Nov 07, 2017
Good morning, people
I have been an ardent follower of this thread.
From the recent indications, my sponsor is my aunt that resides in Michigan, I wanted to apply to a good college in Michigan.
Thus my questions are.
1. Will it raise a red flag and why please?
2. Can I apply to a school outside Michigan but on getting there go back to Michigan?
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adebisilucy(f): 8:07am On Nov 07, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

Okay, we are together then
Yes we are

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gozychuks(m): 8:16am On Nov 07, 2017
Is there anyone in Michigan Tech here... or that has first hand info about the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hollymann: 10:26am On Nov 07, 2017
Visa delayed 1st of nov.
vo:where are you going to in us.
Me: smsu for a bachelor degree in hospitality. Vo: what is your highest degree.
Me: national diploma in hospitality mgt. at yaba college of tech.
Vo; wat year did you graduate and wat have you been doing
me: I graduated Nov 2014 nd I went for my internship at my dad's hotel where i work as a trainee chef she cut in.
Vo: are you currently working
me: no
vo: how long av u been unemploy
,me: for 6 month now i stopped working cos I have to prepare for my toefl
vo: how did you hear about the school. Me; it was recommended to me by my senior colleague I work with during my Internship and I explore further on the Internet she cut in.
Vo: you said you arent currently employed how did a colleague recommend this to you, me:it was during my Internship I already had a plan to study in us.
vo:did you write any test. I know hear then she repeated herself.
Me:yes I wrote toefl I score 80 she just cut in. Vo: when did you write toefl. Me: April 29. Then the blue paper

Pls house i need corrections as i have scheduled another appointment for 5th of Dec...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 07, 2017
Hollymann:
Visa delayed 1st of nov.
me: I graduated Nov 2014 nd I went for my internship at my dad's hotel where i work as a trainee chef she cut in.
vo: how did you hear about the school. Me; it was recommended to me by my senior colleague I work with during my Internship and I explore further on the Internet she cut in.
Vo: you said you arent currently employed how did a colleague recommend this to you, me:it was during my Internship I already had a plan to study in us.
Me:yes I wrote toefl I score 80 she just cut in. Vo: when did you write toefl. Me: April 29. Then the blue paper

Pls house i need corrections as i have scheduled another appointment for 5th of Dec...
Sorry for your denial. But you threw away this golden opportunity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nevicochidinma(f): 10:49am On Nov 07, 2017
I guess You did not calculate the lies well.....you said you have been unemployed for over six months, and you had to quite the job to prepare for your TOEFL.

Calculating from the time of your TOEFL April 29th to Nov 1 its already 7 months, plus the number of months it took you to prepare.

Sorry for your delay try to prepare more and be calculative with what you say....don't let fear spoil your good efforts.

Hollymann:
Visa delayed 1st of nov.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 10:49am On Nov 07, 2017
Harpaa:

@ ijebuboy... pls I just pm you to talk better.. wanna chose Lincoln university for Mba.
I've replied your PM, I hope you're talking about fall 2018?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 10:50am On Nov 07, 2017
adebisilucy:
Yes we are
That's good
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hollymann: 11:31am On Nov 07, 2017
@deetus can i pm you privately...
DeeTus:
Sorry for your denial. But you threw away this golden opportunity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fatezee(f): 11:38am On Nov 07, 2017
nevicochidinma:
I guess You did not calculate the lies well.....you said you have been unemployed for over six months, and you had to quite the job to prepare for your TOEFL.

Calculating from the time of your TOEFL April 29th to Nov 1 its already 7 months, plus the number of months it took you to prepare.

Sorry for your delay try to prepare more and be calculative with what you say....don't let fear spoil your good efforts.

You r so observant.. It is even 8months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kessel: 11:50am On Nov 07, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nathyshollz(m): 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hello guys, I need candid advice and what should be done. My story goes thus;
I graduated from the university 2012, studied Psychology. Did my NYSC 2013 finished June 2014.
I was employed as a customer advisor in a telecommunications industry (started training December 2014 and resumed work Feb 2015).
Fast forward to now, I applied for MBA at Concordia University to study Communications and Public Relations) Spring 2018 and I was offered a provisional admission and told I must get a B or higher in Graduate student success and Business foundation in my first term of enrollment then I will be considered graduate conditional student.
Things I'm bothered about:
1.My brother is in the US, if I'm asked about a relative in the US what should be my response?
2. Will my provisional admission affect me?

Who will guide me through please? I need help, I have been reading several transcripts for days now. Gurus help ooo. And I can send answers to VO's questions I came up with.
I'm sorry for the long note, make una help me ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cassey14(f): 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
Damilare5882:
I already made the payment and I was scheduled for 28nov ... wish me well oo

Please I'm curious. Did u get 28th Nov for lagos or abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2017
cassey14:

Please I'm curious. Did u get 28th Nov for lagos or abuja?
abj
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cassey14(f): 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2017
Damilare5882:
abj

Okay. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nwabu007(m): 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
Egbon @Walspring please I want to effect I-20 SEVIS fee, I will pm you right away. Thank you.
Regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by IntimateHygiene: 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2017
Good day All, i have HND in elect/elect and i want to apply for Topup degree in USA. Is there any university doing that in usa? If so kindly put me through the application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
sirborjnr:

NO Mane,I wrote the exam in Bayelsa while in lawSchool...just sent you a Pm..

which degree do you have and which one are you going for ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hollymann:
Visa delayed 1st of nov.

sorry for your delay

Nigeria is an english speaking so to quit your job to study TOEFL for 6 months and your score of 80 is not fantastic so that doesn't even tell well at all .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gifty28(f): 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
Good afternoon all, u guys r doing a great job here.. I learn a lot here. Pls I asked a question here bfr abt going for MSC human resource mgmt tho I have a bsc in biochemistry and someone answered me saying if I would be able to give the Vo a legit reason for the change of course. OK how abt MBA? Can I go for that cuz I have seen science student go for an MBA.. Please I need responses cuz I don't want to go for MSC in biochemistry. Thank you guys and waiting for your replies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by RedRom9: 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
REMOVED

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by teatemi: 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
Have been a silent follower and learnt a lot on this thread. This is the bit I can give back, Visa was approved this morning 6:30am

Vo: good morning
Me: morning
Vo: what are you going to do in the us
Me: going for my master of business administration with concentration in information technology at Johnson & Wales university
Vo: do you write any exam
Me: no
Vo: how did you know about the school
Me: a senior colleague I work with at diamond bank recommended the school, I also did a further research and I was able to get a course which is consistent to my undergraduate course.
Vo: what do you do at work
Me: I explained that
Vo: What did you study in your undergraduate
Me: management and computer studies
Vo: what was your undergraduate research on
Me: impact of ict on lecturer teaching outcome
Vo: which set of ict devices
Me: computers and mobile tablets
Vo: who is sponsoring you
Me: my uncle
Vo: do you have any of your work related documents
Vo: do you have a relative in the us
Vo: where will you be staying in the us
Me: school hostel
Vo: I will be approving your visa, and the rest was story.
It was simply the grace of God I received.I really do appreciate every one that has ever asked a question and those who always took their time to answer, no question is ever wrong as I really learnt a lot.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

sorry for your delay

Nigeria is an english speaking so to quit your job to study TOEFL for 6 months and your score of 80 is not fantastic so that doesn't even tell well at all .
Lol!

Sister, we need pounds! grin cool shocked

The primary reason the dude was denied a visa is simply because he's been jobless for a while and wanted to leave his home country but unfortunately the VO thought he's an intending immigrant.

If he had studied the transcripts here before proceeding to the embassy, he would have gotten his visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2017
teatemi:
Have been a silent follower and learnt a lot on this thread. This is the bit I can give back, Visa was approved this morning 6:30am

Me: going for my master of business administration with concentration in information technology at Johnson & Wales university
Me: a senior colleague I work with at diamond bank recommended the school, I also did a further research and I was able to get a course which is consistent to my undergraduate course.
It was simply the grace of God I received.I really do appreciate every one that has ever asked a question and those who always took their time to answer, no question is ever wrong as I really learnt a lot.
congrats ... big ups

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2017
teatemi:

Congrats..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nevicochidinma(f): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2017
Congrats Nne, Please is it Lagos or Abuja

teatemi:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2017
teatemi:

Thanks for sharing ....Congrats and God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
DeeTus:
Lol!

Sister, we need pounds! grin cool shocked

The primary reason the dude was denied a visa is simply because he's been jobless for a while and wanted to leave his home country but unfortunately the VO thought he's an intending immigrant.

If he had studied the transcripts here before proceeding to the embassy, he would have gotten his visa.

me too i dey find pound , naira , dollars, yuan... smiley cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ubah1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
Please who has dollar to exchange for naira. I need to pay sevis fee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.