Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,278 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (694396 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amicable24: 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
Walspring:

Tell the person to go back online and view his sevis payment status and the click on transfer the sevis payment receipt to the new sevis ID to avoid touching stories.

Thank you for your response. My friend is just scared of going back to the embassy to rectify/update the SEVIS number on her visa. She no wan hear long story. Any advice on that? Must she go to the embassy to update the SEVIS number on her visa to the new one or can she travel with it like that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
Congrats bro
TooMuchSauce:
My Visa Interview Experience Today (6:30 am, Lagos consulate)

The whole experience was surreal, the V.O was smiling for the substantial part of the interview, I got so relaxed at some point that I had my hands in my pocket; it's funny because I was really tensed before the interview started as I was the first to be interviewed by the man and I didn't know what to expect.

This thread provided me with all the information I needed, so it's only right that I contribute to it's continuity.

Things I did to keep me sane before the interview:
1) I prayed
2) I took a deep breath every once in a while
3) I had gum in my mouth to ease the tension
4) I tried to crack a smile every time I had a chance
5) I didn't pay any attention to the interview of people before me because I didn't want anything to mess with my head.

Interview:
VO: Hello good morning
Me: Good morning sir, thank you.
VO: So what school will you be attending in the US?
Me: University of Texas Arlington
VO: oh UT Arlington? (Briefly checked my I20)
Me: Yesssir
VO: Why did you choose UTArlington?
Me: There are three reasons I choose UTArlington over the other school that I got admitted to actually;
Firstly, I reached out to a particular professor, Dr. Ramtin Mandani who carries out research in the domain of nonlinear optimization of power systems and smart grids, and I think he was impressed with my test scores, so he agreed that I'd join his research group once I get on campus; and the research he is working on currently that borders around creating a mathematical model for solving large scale optimization problem is a fantastic research that I look forward to being a part of.
Secondly, I needed a school that offers the degree as an open ended program that would enable me take courses from other specialization subfields of electrical engineering like renewable energy and vehicular technology and MEMS
(He wanted to cut me at this point, I just kept going lol)
Finally, the humid subtropical weather in Texas is close what we experience here in Nigeria, so...yes! It won't be an issue settling in and starting my studies (he smiled and nodded in agreement)
VO: what programming language would you be using for your research?
Me: Matlab (although matlab isn't a programming language per se, I said matlab cos I mentioned something about running simulations with matlab in DS160, so...)
VO: Who will be paying for your schooling?
Me: My dad
VO: what does he do?
Me: He owns a company that deals in importation of electrical cables and supplies across the country.
V.O: Your undergraduate degree was in?
Me: Electrical Engineering
VO: And your masters is in Electrical Engineering too right?
Me: Yes.
VO: Did you have to write any test to get in?
Me: Yes I wrote the GRE and the TOEFL
V.O: How did you do on the GRE?
Me: Told him my score
VO: And TOEFL?
VO: Did you apply to any other school?
Me: Yes
VO: can you mention them?
Me: UNCC and MSU.
VO: And you got admitted to all?
Me: I was admitted into UNCC but not MSU
VO: So what would you be doing after getting the degree?
Me: I would be taking up a lecturing position at my alma mata where I currently work as a research assistant, then after working solely as a lecturer for five years, I would broaden my horizon by juggling that with providing consultancy services in the electrical power industry.
VO: And you worked in NNPC for a while? (He saw it on my DS160)
Me: Yes sir, I was an intern
VO: was it like a summer internship or something, what was the duration?
Me: It lasted for six months.

He typed for a while; and...... Well, you know the rest. Lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NiklausAkins(m): 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
am really lost please. if i pick student what do i fill as present school?? because am not in school currently. thanks

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
I chose Not employed and explained what I have been doing since I finished schooling. Just make sure you remember what you write there as the VO might ask during the interview.
NiklausAkins:
hello house please i am filling my ds 160 form and am having a little issue.
In the PRIMARY OCCUPATION. am i supposed to pick NOT EMPLOYED or EDUCATION. because when i select EDUCATION its is asking for my current school which am not in any. And if i click NOT EMPLOYED its asking for a reason. PLEASE guys put me through.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Bkoks: 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
Guys please,
this is a cry for help, can anyone help me with my I-20 fee.
I have been begging for 2 weeks on this page and i really don't know what to do again. Someone volunteered to help, but i got feeback and money refund this morning because payment didn't go through on friday.
So i am back to square one....HELP!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
Bkoks:
Guys please,
I have been begging for 2 weeks on this page and i really don't know what to do again. Someone volunteered to help, but i got feeback and money refund this morning because payment didn't go through on friday.

Do you mean I-20 shipping fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NiklausAkins(m): 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
please anyone that paid there i-20 shipping fee should please explain the process and how to confirm payment please am really lost.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oyindamola1234(f): 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=62560937]
Pls reply my PM pls ma ���
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Oyindamola1234:

I dey fear to check my PM ..............lol. It always a lot

Please bear with me , as I hardly have time these days but will try to check it today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Bkoks: 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
YES!
biikeys:

Do you mean I-20 shipping fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nevicochidinma(f): 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
It is easy, create paypal account and choose paypal option

Bkoks:
Guys please,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by pbanyem: 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

The whole experience was surreal, the V.O was smiling for the substantial part of the interview, I got so relaxed at some point that I had my hands in my pocket; it's funny because I was really tensed before the interview started as I was the first to be interviewed by the man and I didn't know what to expect.

This thread provided me with all the information I needed, so it's only right that I contribute to it's continuity.

1) I prayed
5) I didn't pay any attention to the interview of people before me because I didn't want anything to mess with my head.

Interview:
Me: There are three reasons I choose UTArlington over the other school that I got admitted to actually;
Firstly, I reached out to a particular professor, Dr. Ramtin Mandani who carries out research in the domain of nonlinear optimization of power systems and smart grids, and I think he was impressed with my test scores, so he agreed that I'd join his research group once I get on campus; and the research he is working on currently that borders around creating a mathematical model for solving large scale optimization problem is a fantastic research that I look forward to being a part of.
Secondly, I needed a school that offers the degree as an open ended program that would enable me take courses from other specialization subfields of electrical engineering like renewable energy and vehicular technology and MEMS
Finally, the humid subtropical weather in Texas is close what we experience here in Nigeria, so...yes! It won't be an issue settling in and starting my studies (he smiled and nodded in agreement)
Me: Matlab (although matlab isn't a programming language per se, I said matlab cos I mentioned something about running simulations with matlab in DS160, so...)
Me: He owns a company that deals in importation of electrical cables and supplies across the country.
Me: I would be taking up a lecturing position at my alma mata where I currently work as a research assistant, then after working solely as a lecturer for five years, I would broaden my horizon by juggling that with providing consultancy services in the electrical power industry.

congratulation i tap from the anointing

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Bkoks: 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
Trust me when I say, I am tried all and its not working
nevicochidinma:
It is easy, create paypal account and choose paypal option

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
Bkoks:
Trust me when I say, I am tried all and its not working

Contact Walspring here.
He actually helped in paying mine..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2017
Bkoks:
Guys please,

hummm ,,,,,,,, Usually you should be able to pay from Nigeria . Send an email to walspring to see if he can help . If he cant then I pm you to sort this out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by xkunzo(m): 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
brightdocare:

bro please explain what do you mean by college is two associate degree.?

secondly I wantto apply in same college what is the best to use ND or HND.?
thanks

sorry for reply i was busy alot .. what i am saying in fact is that apply for associate degree with a nigeria Ond certificate is like repeating same class.. how many people in nigeria have you see that attend do OND in nigeria and still going second time that he want to do another OND. So it better if you are applying to college claim only you have O LEVEL.. Onless you are applying for four year bachelor program .. but me personally i dont advise college ..but it your choice anyway..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by holluwizzy: 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gud Afternoon All

Please i need as advise regarding this schools for master degree

Cleverland State University

The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

And San Jose state University.

How can it be recommended on the scale of 1 to 10 for Mass Communication or Journalism ( Masters )

Please also within the range of 15,000USD for the full program or if there are other schools that can be advised to apply regarding same course

as i intend to start applying for fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nevicochidinma(f): 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
San Jose state University is ranked and very competitive, you have a very good profile in order to get in.

holluwizzy:
Gud Afternoon All

Please i need as advise regarding this schools for master degree

Cleverland State University

The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

And San Jose state University.

How can it be recommended on the scale of 1 to 10 for Mass Communication or Journalism ( Masters )

Please also within the range of 15,000USD for the full program or if there are other schools that can be advised to apply regarding same course

as i intend to start applying for fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

1) I prayed

Interview:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by platypelloid: 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
RESPECT ALL,
BETWEEN F1 OR J1 VISA,which should i choose for a fully funded phd programme
kindly assist.
which is better?
thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
platypelloid:
RESPECT ALL,
BETWEEN F1 OR J1 VISA,which should i choose for a fully funded phd programme
kindly assist.
which is better?
thanks.

I prefer F1 because with F1 there no requirement to leave the country after the program if you want to later switch to h1b or aos

But j1 you have to give back to your home country or outside the US. So it usually come with a requirement of 2 years home country post graduation . Also there is a 12 Month Bar After Previous J-1 Participation .. That too I don't like that limitations

I am not saying which is better but what i prefer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hushee(m): 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
TooMuchSauce:
My visa was approved this morning at the Lagos consulate grin grin grin. Transcript in a bit.

Congrats Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:13pm On Nov 21, 2017
TooMuchSauce:
My visa was approved this morning at the Lagos consulate grin grin grin. Transcript in a bit.

Congrats ... God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by holluwizzy: 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
Thank you very much. I actually I have national diploma in journalism and also bsc 2.2 in mass comm. Is the chances good enough to get admitted?

Thanks for your earlier response

nevicochidinma:
San Jose state University is ranked and very competitive, you have a very good profile in order to get in.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by platypelloid: 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
Thank you ma.
Most appreciated.
LagosismyHome:

I prefer F1 because with F1 there no requirement to leave the country after the program if you want to later switch to h1b or aos

But j1 you have to give back to your home country or outside the US. So it usually come with a requirement of 2 years home country post graduation . Also there is a 12 Month Bar After Previous J-1 Participation .. That too I don't like that limitations

I am not saying which is better but what i prefer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by obaxlove(m): 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please for those who can see the available interview date. Please what are the next available date for interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adesegun14: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hello great NL,
This will be the second time I will be asking the question. How can you rate Texas Southern University for masters in computer science? Is it a red flag?
Anyone that knows the school well should kindly respond. Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
obaxlove:
Please for those who can see the available interview date. Please what are the next available date for interview

The earliest for Lagos embassy as of today is December 6 2017 and for Abuja it is December 19 2017.

Funny enough, November 27 to November 29 for Lagos embassy were available as of yesterday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
OWJAYHOVERJNR:
PEACE be to everyone in this house...
please i would like to get answers to few of my questions by the emperors in charge of this house..

1. I wasn’t given a copy of my academic transcript by my school, it was only sent directly to the school I applied for (CALUMS). Hope I wouldn’t be asked at the embassy for it?

2. I wrote the EPAT test provided by the school(CALUMS) i applied and was given the admission, prior to this time i had written TOEFL but has become of no use in securing my admission. So when asked at the embassy for my TOEFL of which i didn't even use, what should be my reply?

Thanks.

Not every school releases academic transcripts to students. Most prefer sending it directly to the school of choice. My school doesn't release transcript to students too. So you are not alone on this.

Then as per the TOEFL, I think you can go to the embassy with it like that. Hope you did well o?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by obaxlove(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2017
bigfrancis21:

The earliest for Lagos embassy as of today is December 6 2017 and for Abuja it is December 19 2017.

Funny enough, November 27 to November 29 for Lagos embassy were available as of yesterday.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by obaxlove(m): 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please House any bad opinion on university of Nebraska, Kearney for MBA? Is it on red flag? Please help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gracee101: 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
someone please help answer me

Am a graduate with a low cgpa due to the forceful course program my parents made me to study.
I desire going back to my desired program in nursing maybe for undergraduate transfer or to start afresh to study.
what are my chances getting admitted also getting study visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.