Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,721 members, 7,802,177 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (694388 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
Pbst0887:
@ Lagosismyhome.... pls ma, I'm keen for your professional advice. I already got two denials and my interview is coming up soon... pls I need your help to prepare for my next interview. God bless you ma
post your denial transcript here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Samayus: 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
To the gurus in the house, pls how can I pay the sevis fee? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
Done
jagaban17:
Thank You. Its helpful but I have this too. Please I need the questions only, I saw it somewhere and I've been looking for it. If you can help me ,I'll appreciate.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 7:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Damilare5882:
congrats ...does your school allows you to arrive long earlier before resumption date ?

Usually you have up to 30 days before your program start date to enter the US. It is called your 'earliest arrival date', which is usually indicated on the i20. Adhere to this date strictly or else you could be sent back at the port of entry here. The US keeps to their laws strictly.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
Damilare5882:
My question is If I am asked like "did you write any standardized test ? "....... can I answer like "No" and say but I wrote TOEFL ??.... and then show the Vo ....... Just kindly put me through the best way to answer that with my TOEFL ... thanks

Yes of course you took a standardized test. The TOEFL test is a standardized test. You simply say, yes sir/ma. I took the TOEFL test. Don't be in a hurry to pass any document to them except they ask you for it, to avoid looking desperate.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
ediaep:
Glory be to God, visa approved Nov 6th 6:30am lagos, can't remember the winow number but is the last one by the right.
Would have post this earlier than this but my phone was bad, just got a new one .

Interview was just God's favour because to me it wasn't an interview. I was the 3rd person on the line that morning, two vo were there attending to the two pple in my front n the woman showed up n say next
It was one advance woman
So I moved to her, as I was walking towards her she was smiling and looking at me, I just be like wetin this old oyibo woman see wen make her the smile.

Interview
Me: good morning
Vo: good morning ( still smiling) ur pp n i20 pls, I passed it sharply
Vo: where are you going in the US
Me: michigan
Vo:what are you going to do
Me:my master degree in EMR in conc in qualitative and quatitative research. ( wanting to explain more but she cut and ask me to take it slow, so I notice she want straight to the point answer, so I gave it to her )
Vo:why this sch
Me: among the schools I applied they are the only one that gave me my area of research interest(na here I see am)
Vo:How many sch did you apply to
Me:3, named them
Vo: how many admit you
Me:2, one is under departmental review
Vo:why this course
Me:it will improve me in the area of carrying out research and analysis in the lab.
Vo:how do you know about this sch
Me: my boss in the lab told me about it cos he did is PhD there some years back in same course.
Vo:who is paying for ur studies
Me: my dad
Vo: what does he do?
Me: told her
Vo: don't worry you getting your visa today
Me: thank you ma (BIG SMILE )
She keep smiling and gave me back my i20 and said keep it well you will need it at the poe
She give me white paper and circle kaduna instead of benin, me nor check am I dy hapi, as I ballout na I see am, I went back to give it to her to circle my benin for me, as I tell her, she smile and said sorry then circle benin for my mind even if na Ghana I go go collect my pp there provide visa dy inside.
All I did was
1. Prayed n told God I know am not qualified but I need you help on this.
2.prepared, I write for paper for office n my room, even use mirror like everyday.

Sch start Jan 4th,
Flight 13th Dec royal air maroc ( I was looking for cheap flight ) anybody flying same should alert me
Anybody going to western michigan university or there already I need your HELP ooooo

Congrats! You've booked your flight already!

For those travelling this season, Royal Air Maroc is the way to go! They have good deals in flight prices!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tantan01(f): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hey guys please I need information from someone who has been put on administrative process. I have been issued the visa. How many days will it take for them to give me my visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by electronic(m): 8:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
ediaep:
Glory be to God, visa approved Nov 6th 6:30am lagos, can't remember the winow number but is the last one by the right.
Would have post this earlier than this but my phone was bad, just got a new one .

Interview was just God's favour because to me it wasn't an interview. I was the 3rd person on the line that morning, two vo were there attending to the two pple in my front n the woman showed up n say next
It was one advance woman
So I moved to her, as I was walking towards her she was smiling and looking at me, I just be like wetin this old oyibo woman see wen make her the smile.

Interview
Me: good morning
Vo: good morning ( still smiling) ur pp n i20 pls, I passed it sharply
Vo:
1. Prayed n told God I know am not qualified but I need you help on this.
2.prepared, I write for paper for office n my room, even use mirror like everyday.

Sch start Jan 4th,
Flight 13th Dec royal air maroc ( I was looking for cheap flight ) anybody flying same should alert me
Anybody going to western michigan university or there already I need your HELP ooooo

grin try crossing the road now. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ediaep: 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
bigfrancis21:

For those travelling this season, Royal Air Maroc is the way to go! They have good deals in flight prices!

Yes I have..flying on the 13th

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
tantan01:
Hey guys please I need information from someone who has been put on administrative process. I have been issued the visa. How many days will it take for them to give me my visa.

For this you have to be patient...that the only way so you dont go get hypertension .

I seen here a wait of 2 months for Administrative process and some have been a matter of days. Nobody can predict and everyone different so all you can is to wait and hope it remains positive till the end
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
tantan01:

You haven't been issued a visa yet, that's why your case is processing. As long as you didn't present fake documents, you should be good. Takes anywhere from weeks to months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
jagaban17:
Thank You. Its helpful but I have this too. Please I need the questions only, I saw it somewhere and I've been looking for it. If you can help me ,I'll appreciate.

You want someone to type the questions from those links out here for you??

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by calmman: 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Is your name on it at all .?
Yes ma, my name (Surname and given name) and my preferred name is on the i20 form. It's only the column for 'Passport name' that was left blank.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
gokuu:

An Op-Ed pulled from the New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/23/opinion/immigration-visa-h1b-trump-.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

"Six months ago I won the lottery — the H-1B visa processing lottery for skilled foreign workers. I called my thrilled parents and celebrated with friends. I’m from northeastern China and have an M.B.A. from Stanford, and was planning to stay in Silicon Valley to help start a company based on a promising new technology to improve the use of data. I was overjoyed because, historically, being selected in the lottery was a near guarantee that an applicant could remain in this country at least three more years.

Yup, H1-B in under a lot of scrutiny now..and this is someone with a great profile; If you now go and study some random course , you're on your own big time...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by calmman: 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
paulavon:
Pls how much did eship charge you to send down your i20 and what means did you use in paying the fee?
Thank you
eShip using FedEx charged $68.08 (the cheapest option), I paid using PayPal and I receive my document 4 days after
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jydor4real94(m): 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

Good, when is your interview?
Next month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by fetuga2: 9:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
OK sir.......... just in case you wanted to put me down with insults , I thought it courteous to save you the stress. grin grin
smart guy.....lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2017
biikeys:

Yup, H1-B in under a lot of scrutiny now..and this is someone with a great profile; If you now go and study some random course , you're on your own big time...
and yet some people on this thread, in their infinite wisdom will go to tier 7 colleges grin for dead rated MBA's and Humanity degrees grin grin grin...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OWJAYHOVERJNR: 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hello house,
Anybody admitted to Calums(California university of management and sciences) for MBA here?
Please p.m me,
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ediaep: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
electronic:

grin try crossing the road now. grin

Cross well o...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by klassd(m): 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2017
ponpon:
I mean we work more than that as RA and TA

pls I sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sharles: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
LagosismyHome:

For this you have to be patient...that the only way so you dont go get hypertension .

I seen here a wait of 2 months for Administrative process and some have been a matter of days. Nobody can predict and everyone different so all you can is to wait and hope it remains positive till the end

She has been issued the visa. She is no longer on AP. The question is when will she collect her passport. She ask the question wrongly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponpon(m): 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
klassd:

pls I sent u a pm
pm'ed you back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gokuu(m): 11:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
OWJAYHOVERJNR:
Hello house,
Anybody admitted to Calums(California university of management and sciences) for MBA here?
Please p.m me,
Thanks.

EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
and yet some people on this thread, in their infinite wisdom will go to tier 7 colleges grin for dead rated MBA's and Humanity degrees grin grin grin...

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by captain90210(m): 12:51am On Nov 27, 2017
[The comfort in Air Morocco is killing. Except you don't mind, u won't fly them next time quotegfrancis21 post=62738964]

For those travelling this season, Royal Air Maroc is the way to go! They have good deals in flight prices![/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by goodemma20(m): 1:02am On Nov 27, 2017
Please does anyone know the current available visa interview dates?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 2:32am On Nov 27, 2017
bigfrancis21:

I've been searching for lowest price, the service isn't a problem to me, I've been on danfo for years, seems Qatar airways got a cheaper fare to Royal Air Maroc, I'm using cheap flights app to do this, please kindly put me through the best channel.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 2:35am On Nov 27, 2017
ediaep:

Yes I have..flying on the 13th
Hello, while booking your flight, what's the right date to enter as the return date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 2:44am On Nov 27, 2017
jydor4real94:

Next month
Okay, congrats in advance, see you soon on campus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 3:14am On Nov 27, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

I've been searching for lowest price, the service isn't a problem to me, I've been on danfo for years, seems Qatar airways got a cheaper fare to Royal Air Maroc, I'm using cheap flights app to do this, please kindly put me through the best channel.

Where are you travelling to? Are you leaving from Lagos?

The snapshots attached are for Lagos to Washington DC (IAD airport). Using google flights you could see flights for as low as $724 (or N260,640 in Naira using N360 exchange rate) spread out all through November and December, as you can see in the first image. When you click on December 13, for example, it shows you the different airlines and their respective costs for flights leaving on that day and you could see Royal Air Maroc offering $724 (in the second image), which happens to be the lowest on the list. The $724 price is for one-way only. You don't need to book two-way. Probably why it has been expensive for you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:17am On Nov 27, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

Hello, while booking your flight, what's the right date to enter as the return date?

Best to buy a one way ticket instead of a return ticket ...... if your course is longer than 1 year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 3:23am On Nov 27, 2017
goodemma20:
Please does anyone know the current available visa interview dates?

As of earlier today, December 12 for Lagos embassy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.