Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (694847 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2017
Go back to the drawing board bro. That's a really bad score. You'd need to redo the gre and ace it to even think of getting a PhD admit with funding. No shortcut.
Good luck!
Alfred2000:
Scored 274 in my GRE test. I guess i did poorly.am applying to study masters in chemistry and in one of tje schools i apply for a PHD in chemistry. What are my chances of getting an admission or funding with this score? I await your responses house..i need to know what next to do

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 11:22am On Nov 27, 2017
Visa approved this morning at Lagos Consulate..
Transcript Loading!!!

16 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:25am On Nov 27, 2017
kcwitch:

Thanks bro. 50k for the two or one?

Female not bro

50k for one ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Alfred2000: 11:28am On Nov 27, 2017
[quote author=tosinooo post=62755734]Go back to the drawing board bro. That's a really bad score. You'd need to redo the gre and ace it to even think of getting a PhD admit with funding. No shortcut.
Good luck!
Thanks 4 d info bt again i'd like ask that isn't possible to get admission for masters n part funding with a school that doesn't require GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olamsanj: 11:30am On Nov 27, 2017
[quote author=gbaby4live post=62755900]Visa approved this morning at Lagos Consulate..
Transcript Loading!!!

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kcwitch(m): 11:31am On Nov 27, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Female not bro

50k for one ....

Oh! Sorry I didn't see the f. So the two is 100k right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulavon: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2017
Pls explain the process of funding a PayPal account?
tosinooo:
In my case, there were three courier service options,
DHL, FedEx, UPS. All with different prices. As a Nigerian, I went for the cheapest which was UPS, $92.80 and got my document 4days later paying through PayPal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olamsanj: 11:35am On Nov 27, 2017
gbaby4live:
Visa approved this morning at Lagos Consulate..
Transcript Loading!!!

God bless the new journey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dimejalex(m): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2017
gbaby4live:

FYI, I applied to 3 schools and the 3 gave me admission with merit Scholarship..
So, you see that you are doing yourself kiss

Anyway, I've actually helped in contacting the elders in your Village to free you.. grin

I gat important things to do bro..

Later things..
what the name of the school name which give you scholarship am for undergraduate help a bro @gbayibaby
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jalay(m): 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hello guys,

Pls, who went through schools that didn't requires TOEFL and GRE??
And How did you got admission?
I wanna apply for an MSc in Media & Communication or any related to Mass communication.

Pls help.
Thx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
Got to the Embassy around 5am and my appointment is 7am..
We waited till is 6:30 before they started checking us.
Meanwhile, all those before me got rejected.

Here's my transcript.

Me: Good Morning
VO: No response, Your passport and I-20
Me: passed my PP, then I-20 was next.
VO: Where are you going?
Me: I'm going to Minnesota State University Moorehead for my Bachelors degree in Computer Science
VO: how did you know about this School?
Me: After Making decision to study in US, I searched for schools that are inline with career prospect and was directed to Princeton review and Usnews.com, where I narrowed down to 3 schools.
VO: How many schools did you applied to?
Me: 3 and I named them.
VO: How long will it take you to finish this course?
Me: 48 months
VO: is there any exam required for this course?
Me: My admission was based on my high school transcript and waec
VO: you said?
Me: I repeated again
VO: You finished at Laspotech?
Me: Yes, in 2016 after which I went for compulsory internship at Nigerian Aviation Management Agency.
VO: what degree will you be getting from this University?
Me: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
VO: What you do after your degree?
Me: I'll be returning to Nigeria to work with the EFCC in combating Cyber Crime in Nigeria, whereby it's now a Global threat just as it was discussed in the just concluded Wef2017 in Davos, Switzerland and I'll be establishing my own Cyber Academy where I'll be grooming passionate Nigerians to be a good computer security analyst..
VO: Who will be sponsoring you?
Me: I have an instate tuition scholarship and my dad will be paying for the rest.

VO: I'll be approving your visa..
She kept my PP and gave me that white paper..

A very big Thank you to @Successflow, @Walspring For helping me with all my payments, @Lagosismyhome for her total support, and helping me reach out to the school that refused to refund my enrollment fee and my brother @Omoluabiguy, you are mouthed for those Mock interview, you are a blessing to me..

And to all Nairalander who are yet to receive theirs, I'm wishing you all the Very best..

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2017
gbaby4live:

Love a good news to start the week... grin

Congrats , Great news. May God bless your new journey

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cassey14(f): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2017
Visa approved this morning at the lagos consulate. Transcript loading shortly..

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
cassey14:
congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
gbaby4live:

Here's my transcript.

Me: I'm going to Minnesota State University Moorehead for my Bachelors degree in Computer Science
Me: After Making decision to study in US, I searched for schools that are inline with career prospect and was directed to Princeton review and Usnews.com, where I narrowed down to 3 schools.
Me: Yes, in 2016 after which I went for compulsory internship at Nigerian Aviation Management Agency.
Me: I'll be returning to Nigeria to work with the EFCC in combating Cyber Crime in Nigeria, whereby it's now a Global threat just as it was discussed in the just concluded Wef2017 in Davis, Switzerland and I'll be establishing my own Cyber Academy where I'll be grooming passionate Nigerians to be a good computer security analyst..
Me: I have an instate tuition scholarship and my dad will be paying for the rest.

A very big Thank you to @Successflow, @Walspring For helping me with all my payments, @Lagosismyhome for her total support, and helping me reach out to the school that refused to refund my enrollment fee and my brother @Omoluabiguy, you are mouthed for those Mock interview, you are a blessing to me..

And to all Nairalander who are yet to receive theirs, I'm wishing you all the Very best..

Glad the mock interview helped man! I’m so happy for you! Wish you all the best bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
gbaby4live:

Here's my transcript.

Me: I'll be returning to Nigeria to work with the EFCC in combating Cyber Crime in Nigeria, whereby it's now a Global threat just as it was discussed in the just concluded Wef2017 in Davis, Switzerland and I'll be establishing my own Cyber Academy where I'll be grooming passionate Nigerians to be a good computer security analyst..

congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by CodedTobx(m): 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olamsanj: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
cassey14:

Congrats! God bless the new journey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HonNellymike12(m): 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
Please how do I answer this question if I am not going to be staying in the school hostel. Where will you stay in US?. Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
I didn't need to fund my PayPal account. All I did was register my first Bank and access Bank master card under the saved card option. When prompted to pay,
I'd select either one and the naira equivalent of the dollar amount would be deducted.
paulavon:
Pls explain the process of funding a PayPal account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
Congrats
gbaby4live:

Here's my transcript.

Me: I'll be returning to Nigeria to work with the EFCC in combating Cyber Crime in Nigeria, whereby it's now a Global threat just as it was discussed in the just concluded Wef2017 in Davos, Switzerland and I'll be establishing my own Cyber Academy where I'll be grooming passionate Nigerians to be a good computer security analyst..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by klassd(m): 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
Majesticniyi:
Hello House, I'm asking this on behalf of my friend. She's confused about the name to use for her MSc application. The name on her birth certificate and her international passport is 'Adijat' while in all her other certificates, 'khadijat'is used.

What can she do to address this issue so it wouldn't be a problem for her? Please quote me while dropping the answer. Thanks

Please did it work for your friend? I'm currently having similar issue. Although I Have done an affidavit and newspaper publication
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
Congrats
cassey14:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
cassey14:

Congrats our own Cassy. I had to nickname her VO even because of the way we related. May God bless your journey and academic pursuits dearie...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
Well it's possible. But then you'd need to explain to the VO convincingly why you didn't write any standardized test which more often than not results in visa denial[quote author=Alfred2000 post=62756064
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cassey14(f): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
Visa was approved this morning at 8:30. I was interviewed by A calm white lady in window 2. THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG TRANSCRIPT!
I was unable to sleep.woke up by 12 am and just started praying for like an hour. Appointment was for 7am but I was there by 5am already. After joining the non-immigrant queue at almost 7am, i cross checked my documents and found out I had printed my previous appointment confirmation for December 4th and not November 27th so I went back to print it, gave the guy 1k and he said that's for a copy and i would have to pay 2k for two copies. I told him to keep the instruction page cos I can't print an irrelevant instruction page for 1k when I'm not plucking money from a tree. He asked me to go went back and joined the queue.
I was praying for a male vo but got a female and she denied 3people in front of me, i was already discouraged and just went there with my confidence at 100percent.
VO : good morning, how are you
Me: good morning
VO : I see you're going to east Tennessee state University for bachelors in Business Administration. Why did u choose this school?
Me: I chose etsu because they have a well structured course curriculum and courses that are the best fit for my focus area which is general management and merchandising. Also I would have the privilege of being taught by Dr Anna Roberts whose area of expertise includes apparel construction and design,apparel product analysis,visual merchandising,textiles and fashion advertising and promotion which is what I intend to use this degree for.
VO : what's your highest level of education
Me: I have a National Diploma in Business Administration and management from yaba college of technology
VO : was your focus area also on merchandising?
Me: no,my focus area was in general management
VO : when did you get your Diploma.. Me:2015
VO: what have you been doing since then
Me: after graduating in 2015 I went for a mandatory one year IT program working as a sales representative at ****. After which I was retained and promoted to store coordinator
VO : What does your company do
Me: it's a fashion house. We are into sales and design of male apparels and accessories.
VO : what's IT program?
Me: it's a mandatory industrial attachment program Diploma holders are required to go for and gain experience and skills before proceeding for a higher degree. She nodded okay.
VO : did you apply to any other school, yes I did
She asked me to name them and I did
VO : what do you intend to do after your study
Me: I intend to return to nigeria and launch my fashion brand right away. My mum is willing to support me with the startup capital necessary so I would be returning to apply the knowledge gained from ETSU.
VO : so I guess your mum is sponsoring you?
Me: Yes she is
VO : what does she do?
Me: she's an entrepreneur. She owns a day and boarding school, a hotel and she's also a major stallion distributor here in nigeria.
VO : thank you for that information.. Types for a while,scans passport, brings out white paper circles and said your visa has been approved pls pick up at VI when you get the mail and remember to take your i20 as you'll need it at the POE. Thank you for applying to the USA. Have a wonderful day
Me: okay thank you.
NB: I wasn't smiling cos she wasn't either and she was denying people so I lost my smiling face and kept all seriousness/don't care about the visa let's just interact mood but she was really calm and that helped. No documents asked
Shout out to cseejhay$Texrem for the payments,assistance,prayers and mock interviews.
Shout out to jerrypeacelinks,my fellow approved candidate today Gbengaidowu and everyone who our paths have crossed on this thread since I started this journey.. You've all been amazing and best of luck to spring 2018 applicants going for interviews. God bless kiss

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
HonNellymike12:
Please how do I answer this question if I am not going to be staying in the school hostel . Where will you stay in US?. Thanks in advance.

But where do you plan to stay....surely you have thought about that ? tongue

To answer your question : Usually you have two options either on campus or off campus so based on above yours is offcampus and you explain where you intend to stay

If you are mean what to fill in the ds160 as your address. If you haven't sorted then you can put your school address and explain above if asked at interview. You can keep it simple and say you intend to stay offcampus and would be looking for a place before resumption
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
For future sake, things we fūcking don't want to hear from your transcripts.
Everybody before me was denied - why the fūck does everyone say this nonsense, yes we know you have now become a visa guru, but please keep this BS to your self

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Majesticniyi(m): 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2017
Still praying it does. Application in progress.

klassd:

Please did it work for your friend? I'm currently having similar issue. Although I Have done an affidavit and newspaper publication
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Senate111: 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
For future sake, things we fūcking don't want to hear from your transcripts.
Everybody before me was denied - why the fūck does everyone say this nonsense, yes we know you have now become a visa guru, but please keep this BS to your self

I was also wondering why they usually say that. Putting unnecessary fear on the minds of those yet to go for their interview.

Perhaps those denied where not there for student visa but visiting visa.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by klassd(m): 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
Majesticniyi:
Still praying it does. Application in progress.

ok, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.