Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695243 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by justwise(m): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Do not be quick to judge. I know Mekurexx personally. Exchange of Dollar/Naira between people who have both is a common and easy way of sending money back home or receiving money from home now, especially due to the forex restriction/ban placed on Naira. For example, some students have Naira in their account from their parents but are unable to withdraw it here due to low withdrawal limits and what they do is find someone, preferably here in the US, who has Dollars to sell, say $2000, then they agree at an exchange rate and exchange currencies (the student with Naira transfers the Naira amount into the Dollar seller's Naira account, and the Dollar seller gives/pays in the Dollars into the student's US account). This is cost-effective and a preferred way by many as there are no transaction fees (that you get with money gram or western union) involved.

I understand the Nigerian mentality and having trust issues but do not be in a hurry to judge. You probably will find yourself needing to buy or sell dollars this same way after you arrive.

Justwise, if you can please unhide Mekurrex's post. I know him very well, down to his family. He is a good person.

This is not the issue of Nigerian mentality, he pointed out a sensible issue, you can conduct such transaction with somebody you know and not with a complete stranger online , that is risky and exposes you to fraud.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Niv25: 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
Mekurexx:
Same rate. Would still be the same rate. Contact your bank for that information
I don't think your right
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Stanleych007: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2017
Please do I need to fill a new DS 160 when reapplying, can i use my same old form. I was just delayed today. Or do I only need a new interview application with my old DS 160 application number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by k199192: 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2017
justwise:

This is not the issue of Nigerian mentality, he pointed out a sensible issue, you can conduct such transaction with somebody you know and not with a complete stranger online , that is risky and exposes you to fraud.
justwise God bless you. I did not judge anybody.. Nigerian's don't just like truth.. I only said the obvious with no disrespect to whomever.. It looks fraudulent, he may be legit just as bigfrancis pointed out, but it looks fraudulent nonetheless.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2017
justwise:

I send money to my Nigeria bank account almost every week using WorldRemit or Azimo costing me as little as £1, in fact the first time I used Azimo it was free. It's far better than handling my bank details to a stranger online.

Just checked worldremit website and it much better than the transfer guys i use... Hummm definitely porting asap. Thanks for the info

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2017
Good morning visa delayed at Lagos...nov 27

Vo: good morning
Me: good morning

Vo: pass me your documents
Me: OK
Vo:where are u going
Me: am going to Ashland university for my MBA degree and I will concentrating on business administration and management general

Vo: why u need MBA
Me: MBA degree will prepare me for the role of senior manager and business developer and will bring about increment in salary, aside the managerial skills I will be gaining I will be gaining leadership skills as well all which are useful and important for growing my career. MBA program will enable tackle challenges associated with management of business firms and developing a viable business solutions to help solve problems all which am going to gain at Ashland university coupled with global best practices that will be modelled into use upon my arrival back home.
Vo:why this school?
Me: I consider this university based on four major reasons, the University offers affordable tuition fees that is afforded by my parents, secondly the univ offer a well structure MBA course outline that align with my career interest n path, furthermore the University offers an integrated community service program that will enable no more about the University and it's environs which will help me relate with people in a responsible and diplomatic Way as it will help me towards my job when m back home and will also help me towards my political ambition lastly the University MBA mentorship program will help me acquire skills from those alumni who are successful in their business which will help me in a long way towards my career as trained business manager.

Vo: are u married or single
Me: single
Vo: u have a children or a child
Me : no

Vo: have u travelled out bfr?

Me: yes, to bene republic on 2 several occasions

Vo: who is sponsoring u?
Me: my dad
Vo: what does e do
Me: a real estate consult and property developer and also a major beer distributor.

Sorry u are not eligible,

What's the problem, I need clue

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2017
Senate111:

I guess the number of denial with good response today alone justifies the testimony(transcript) of Cassy14 when she rightly stated the number of denial before hers showing her gratitude to God.

I dont know if God seats in heaven & carries out visa lotteries on who to grant visa like you jokingly or mockingly said, but am certain it takes Gods favour to secure one. Eccl 9:11 the race is not to the swift nor the battle is to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor riches to men of understanding nor yet favour to men of skills.

That you sleep & rise, got ur visa while others did not or you got a job and others were not as lucky as u were is not because you are better, but because a higher authority chose to set you apart. You may call it luck but I call it favour.

So if you have forgotten the place of God in one's life by reason of long stay in the USA, I suggest u return to Nigeria and learn or relearn what Gods favour truelly is. smiley smiley

I like your last line. In there lies the irony that you obviously missed. It seems God’s “favor” only exists in countries where people are too incompetent to rule themselves. Favor is simply grace unmerited. Favor is being able to wake up when others don’t, it is being blessed to breathe, enjoy good health and long life. Favor is NOT when you obtain a visa. The decision on whether a visa is issued or not isn’t based on how long you prayed or how well you fasted. It’s based on the fact that you met a clear set of criteria best known to the VO who interviewed you. Others may not get visas, but you don’t get to see the rationale for why they were denied. You have zero idea if they had once misrepresented themselves in previous applications. You have no clue if they have prior histories of visa denials... to say you were favored over them is to perpetuate the stereotype that we are a lazy people overly dependent on the spiritual since we are unable to think for ourselves. If we were competent enough to run a corrupt-free country, where everyone does the right thing, we won’t need a visa to go to America in the first place.

Let’s get real, we pray really hard, not because we love God, but because there is no hope elsewhere. We are simply emergency “Christians”, forced to lean on the spiritual in the face of grinding poverty and pervasive despondency.

I do not depend on favor to have electricity at home or travel to Germany tomorrow. I just benefit from being part of a society where integrity and hard work is favored over endless hypocritical church going.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2017

Me: am going to Ashland university for my MBA degree and I will concentrating on business administration and management general

Me: MBA degree will prepare me for the role of senior manager and business developer and will bring about increment in salary, aside the managerial skills I will be gaining I will be gaining leadership skills as well all which are useful and important for growing my career. MBA program will enable tackle challenges associated with management of business firms and developing a viable business solutions to help solve problems all which am going to gain at Ashland university coupled with global best practices that will be modelled into use upon my arrival back home.
Me: I consider this university based on four major reasons, the University offers affordable tuition fees that is affordable by my parents, secondly the univ offer a well structure MBA course outline that align with my career interest n path, furthermore the University offers an integrated community service program that will enable no more about the University and it's environs which will help me relate with people in a responsible and diplomatic Way as it will help me towards my job when m back home and will also help me towards my political ambition lastly the University MBA mentorship program will help me acquire skills from those alumni who are successful in their business which will help me in a long way towards my career as trained business manager.

Me: a real estate consult and property developer and also a major beer distributor.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
tallbaba89
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2017
oduzbaba89:

Me: I consider this university based on four major reasons, the University offers affordable tuition fees that is afforded by my parents, secondly the univ offer a well structure MBA course outline that align with my career interest n path, furthermore the University offers an integrated community service program that will enable no more about the University and it's environs which will help me relate with people in a responsible and diplomatic Way as it will help me towards my job when m back home and will also help me towards my political ambition lastly the University MBA mentorship program will help me acquire skills from those alumni who are successful in their business which will help me in a long way towards my career as trained business manager.

Everything (aside from tuition) you said up there is not genuine and sounds rehearsed. Even I could spot that a mile away. If alumni connections are important to you and your career then why Ashland instead of Harvard, NYU or UPenn? C’mon, the VOs weren’t born last week. Be honest. You’re better served saying less than digging a deeper hole for yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2017
oduzbaba89:

Me: I consider this university based on four major reasons, the University offers affordable tuition fees that is affordable by my parents, secondly the univ offer a well structure MBA course outline that align with my career interest n path, furthermore the University offers an integrated community service program that will enable no more about the University and it's environs which will help me relate with people in a responsible and diplomatic Way as it will help me towards my job when m back home and will also help me towards my political ambition lastly the University MBA mentorship program will help me acquire skills from those alumni who are successful in their business which will help me in a long way towards my career as trained business manager.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
tallbaba89
the cause might be the university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
Damilare5882:
the cause might be the university

Not a reg flagged school because I have 2 friends there studying

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2017
TWoods:

Everything (aside from tuition) you said up there is not genuine and sounds rehearsed. Even I could spot that a mile away. If alumni connections are important to you and your career then why Ashland instead of Harvard, NYU or UPenn? C’mon, the VOs weren’t born last week. Be honest. You’re better served saying less than digging a deeper hole for yourself.

Bro, u try God, may God forgives what we knew not!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by BlowJobs: 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I prefer F1 because with F1 there no requirement to leave the country after the program if you want to later switch to h1b or aos

But j1 you have to give back to your home country or outside the US. So it usually come with a requirement of 2 years home country post graduation . Also there is a 12 Month Bar After Previous J-1 Participation .. That too I don't like that limitations

I am not saying which is better but what i prefer

Hi, this is entirely not true.

for the 212e (2 years residency rule) you can apply for a waiver. You will most likely get it except you got sponsorship from US govt or organization.
you might not get a waiver if you are a physician on a J1 program (you however should apply for one)

i am not sure about your 12 months ban cos i came on 2 different J1 visas within 12 months (2015 and 2016)

I however, still prefer a F1 visa having been on a J1 (J1 has restrictions. it ties you down to your research/work).

PS: anyone finding F1 visa difficult/cumbersome should try a J1. Easiest visa to get (Seriously)

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
thacokeboy:
congrats man
thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
oduzbaba89:

Bro, u try God, may God forgives what we knew not!

I guess you just weren’t “favored”? Perhaps you should fast more.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:

PS: anyone finding F1 visa difficult/cumbersome should try a J1. Easiest visa to get (Seriously)

Is this statement based on Nigeria facts or another country?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by k199192: 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2017
TWoods:

Fast more since you think God did not favor you. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

bl**wjobs got his J1 years back when things were good, Now most designated agencies by Us Embassy require minimum of $10,000 to cover cost, and the embassy insists you must go through them and only one of the agencies accepts applications from Nigeria, the rest don't bother.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
TWoods:

this is misinterpretation, says who?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2017
Damilare5882:
My visa was approved today at Lagos by the Lady in Window 5....I was fully prepared after undergoing series of mock exam from @omoluabiguy ( big ups to you bro) and my God sent (Taiwo....she has been there for me right from the day1 that i started this application ....I really appreciate you biiiiigggggg time)...............Big ups to @bigfrancis for helping me to pay for my sevis and i20 fee........big ups to the big madam in the house @lagosismyhome for helping me to proofread my SOP......and to my fellow nairalanders.. i really wanna say a big thank you to you all

My transcript goes thus:

No greeting as she had a straight face..... me sef just give am straight face

VO: Your passport and i20 pls?( i passed it to her )
VO: Which school are you going to in the US
Me: Eastern Illinois University
Vo: To do what ?
ME: To study and acquire my professional masters in Geographical information system and cartography
VO: Why did you pick GIS ?...(I heard her oo but i wasn't prepared for the way she re framed the question, So i said pardon? ... because i was trying to boot an answer to give to that ..so she repeated the question again,so as not to waste time , i just gave one rough answer that came to my head at that particular time but that wasn't the answer i prepared to give , i dont know how and why i just went blank)
Me: I picked GIS because it will give me the opportunity to solve Nigeria problem in sectors such as transportation, housing and public health..(she was typing very fast.. she just paused all of a sudden and stared at me.....and said..Do you mean you wanna solve Nigeria problems with cartography?)
Me: I quickly re framed the answer and said NO, i mean Nigerian Urban problems.( for my mind , i just dey talk say.. oboi , you don fck up.............i sha stayed focused.....she typed for some few seconds again)
Vo: Was any test required for this degree?
Me: No test was required but i wrote TOEFL
Vo: How did you do?
Me: I Scored 75
Vo: Who is paying for your tuition
Me: My uncle
Vo: What does he do?
Me: Hes into real estates.... buying and selling of lands and houses
Vo: When did you graduated?
Me: 2014
Vo: Which school?
Me: LAUTECH
Vo: Whats your highest qualification?
Me: B.tech Urban and regional planning
Vo: So what have you been doing since you graduated
Me: I enrolled for a certificate course in GIS that gave me the preliminary knowledge in GIS which i concluded some few months ago and also i have a side business that i run which is buying and selling of building materials majorly cement 'which i also supply to regional environment'( this one na ajasa oo)
Vo: How long have you been running this business?
Me: 4yrs
Vo: Whats going to happen to your business when you are gone?
Me: My mom will take charge till i get back
Vo:Whats the duration of your course?
Me: 2 yrs
Vo:Have traveled before?
Me:YES
Vo:where?
Me:South Africa
Vo:Are you married?
Me:NO
Vo:Do you have kids?
Me:Yes

(she typed for like 30secs and then she said the magic word...'' i will be approving your visa bla bla bla bla'').............i just went on ghost mode!!!!.............like i dont know if i should laugh smile or cry

Note: I applied for visiting around june but i was denied

All the same ..Grace and favor spoke for me!!!!!! Thanks to GOD!!

congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2017
k199192:

Fast more since you think God did not favor you.
Case closed.
says who?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2017
Ijebuboy525:
congratulations
thanks man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Frankaka8(m): 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2017
oluwadamilare26:
Post graduate denied visa is far more than Bachelor degree... just observing wink
how true could dis be?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by BlowJobs: 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

oh well, i didn't apply from Nigeria. That might be another factor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by BlowJobs: 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
bl**wjobs got his J1 years back when things were good, Now most designated agencies by Us Embassy require minimum of $10,000 to cover cost, and the embassy insists you must go through them and only one of the agencies accepts applications from Nigeria, the rest don't bother.

the bolded,
Yes, you must go through the designated agency. That is why i said J1 visa is the easiest. Once you get the documents from the agency, your Visa na 90% confirm. so for J1 visa, you will need to go through Dept of State designated agencies

All my J1 interview, Vo just ask for my DS form and Sevis plus insurance and told me to pick up my visa while handling me the white paper.

It was like i went there to do finger print.

My first J1 visa interview was the longest and it took approximately 30secs to 1min, 30secs.

PS: i didn't apply in Nigeria, maybe that was a factor too (it was definitely a factor in getting direct contact with one of the DOS agency)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oluiyke1984(m): 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2017
Stanleych007:
Please bro how did you track this.. Kindly advice..

ceac.state.gov
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sharles: 12:20am On Nov 29, 2017
Stanleych007:
Please bro how did you track this.. Kindly advice..

Just write track USA visa status on google and you will get the link
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 12:43am On Nov 29, 2017
Damilare5882:
My visa was approved today at Lagos by the Lady in Window 5....I was fully prepared after undergoing series of mock exam from @omoluabiguy ( big ups to you bro) and my God sent (Taiwo....she has been there for me right from the day1 that i started this application ....I really appreciate you biiiiigggggg time)...............Big ups to @bigfrancis for helping me to pay for my sevis and i20 fee........big ups to the big madam in the house @lagosismyhome for helping me to proofread my SOP......and to my fellow nairalanders.. i really wanna say a big thank you to you all

My transcript goes thus:

No greeting as she had a straight face..... me sef just give am straight face

V
V
(around june but i was denied

All the same ..Grace and favor spoke for me!!!!!! Thanks to GOD!!

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by greatolus: 1:19am On Nov 29, 2017
imperiouxx:

What's the black market rate in Nigeria now?
check abokifx.com for daily rates.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 1:42am On Nov 29, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Yes you can.

Hello Bigfrancis, I have sent u PMs severally but keep finding them in my inbox. Please I really need your attention to clarify some things as I plan towards reapplying.

Meanwhile, to the general house, what documents do I need to present freshly to the embassy as my "DELAYED CERTICIATE" stated clearly I have to come to the embassy with new supporting documents different from what I came with prior to my delay.

Thanks all for the support so far.

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.