Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,418 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (690536 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jelmusboy(m): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
Having the required funds to sponsor self, spouse and a child, can someone be granted student visa without a job in Nigeria?

NB: The fund was acquired through personal savings in previous jobs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aanu007(m): 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
Thumb up

LagosismyHome:

Not all Nigerians are dishonest or fraudulent. Everywhere in the world you have this as well .

American jails are full with American and so is British jail

Give us some credit .. There are loads of good hardworking Nigerians but we had this conversations before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheGrandChemist(m): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

lol grin grin grin ... Take a Chill pill man, grin grin.... If you must, Do not attack the messenger, the message is of utmost importance. Everything Twoods says about us Nigerians is truth, the truth hurts, but it's still the truth grin grin grin... Life na jeje
Hello man?
My issue is not whether Nigerians are what he says they are. I only frown on the part he jumps quickly at the slightest opportunity to besmirch Nigerians in the most absurd manner, like he is a perfect Nigerian; this is a perfect case of the pot calling the kettle black.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ubah1(m): 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheGrandChemist:

Hello man?
My issue is not whether Nigerians are what he says they are. I only frown on the part he jumps quickly at the slightest opportunity to besmirch Nigerians in the most absurd manner, like he is a perfect Nigerian; this is a perfect case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I respect your view. For he being a Nigerian and uttered such bitter words as if such doesn't exist in other countries. He must be out of his senses

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheGrandChemist:

Hello man?
and here is my point; as a pot does it matter if the kettle calling you black is black, what matters is that you are immersed in soot and have become unclean. whether your detractor, the kettle , is also black is of no use if you do not wash off the layers of carbon black. We are Black pots, and whether or not Twoods, our kettle is black or not, will not wash off our black stains or make us less black.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheGrandChemist:

If you really do read your Bible as you profess, you must have come across this verse "So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself..., He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." You are so quick to judge Nigerians as dishonest and fraudulent people, when you even seem to be worse off. You can prove Nigerians wrong by returning back to your country as you told the VO while you had your visa interview years back (Well, there's nothing to prove in the first place since you've already exceeded the 2 years given you to study in the USA).

From all indications, you are even more dishonest and fraudulent. You're just some dishonest, insincere, proud being who thinks he knows it all and is perfect; you always think you're perfect in all ramifications and can never be corrected. It's just a shame that you risk continuing your life this way.

And just so you know, I am aware the truth is pretty bitter, especially for a proud, unrepentant being like you. So, I really do not give a hoot if you get pissed off by this piece. However, if this piece gets you pissed off, you can help yourself by running into a fast-moving train; I hear there are high-speed trains in New Jersey, uh...you should know that by now.

It is exceedingly hard to annoy me on an anonymous forum. I agree with you that the truth is bitter, hence this illogical screed. You’re not angry because I am arrogant, you’re simply upset because the truth hits close to home.

It is true that he without sin should cast the first stone, but this reminds me of the oft abused “touch not my prophets” linevthat many have used to excuse bad pastors. I wish you the best in all you do. Everyone ultimately reaps what they sow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 6:02pm On Dec 05, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Not all Nigerians are dishonest or fraudulent. Everywhere in the world you have this as well .

American jails are full with American and so is British jail

Give us some credit .. There are loads of good hardworking Nigerians but we had this conversations before

Context matters. Let’s not pretend here. Corrupt Americans end up in jail, corrupt Nigerians are either in government or on here complaining about me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheGrandChemist(m): 6:07pm On Dec 05, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
and here is my point; as a pot does it matter if the kettle calling you black is black, what matters is that you are immersed in soot and have become unclean. whether your detractor, the kettle , is also black is of no use if you do not wash off the layers of carbon black. We are Black pots, and whether or not Twoods, our kettle is black or not, will not wash off our black stains or make us less black.

I hate belabouring a point over and over again.

In answer to your question, yes it matters. Morally, it is unfair and unjust. C'mon man, think and speak logically like a man of sound mind that you are and not being blinded by partisanism.

Is it a just act for a thief to sentence a thief to jail? Is that what is obtainable in the USA? Even the Bible made mention of this, and I quoted it in my first post. Of course, this is hypocrisy.

Moreover, the fact that not all Nigerians are fraudulent and dishonest as he purported weakens his claim.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheGrandChemist(m): 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2017
TWoods:

It is exceedingly hard to annoy me on an anonymous forum. I agree with you that the truth is bitter, hence this illogical screed. You’re not angry because I am arrogant, you’re simply upset because the truth hits close to home.

It is true that he without sin should cast the first stone, but this reminds me of the oft abused “touch not my prophets” linevthat many have used to excuse bad pastors. I wish you the best in all you do. Everyone ultimately reaps what they sow.

Absolutely, what goes around comes around.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beautyaddy: 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

lol grin grin grin ... Take a Chill pill man, grin grin.... If you must, Do not attack the messenger, the message is of utmost importance. Everything Twoods says about us Nigerians is truth, the truth hurts, but it's still the truth grin grin grin... Life na jeje

Lol! I know right?

Even President Buhari admitted that Nigerians the people he governs are"Fanatically Corrupt". undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cascas: 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
Pls does anyone know if one can still book a date in December for interview here in Lagos? Or how can one findout?
Someone should please help, God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheGrandChemist:

In answer to your question, yes it matters. Morally, it is unfair and unjust. C'mon man, think and speak logically like a man of sound mind that you are and not being blinded by partisanism.

Is it a just act for a thief to sentence a thief to jail? Is that what is obtainable in the USA? Even the Bible made mention of this, and I quoted it in my first post. Of course, this is hypocrisy.

Moreover, the fact that not all Nigerians are fraudulent and dishonest as he purported weakens his claim.

Thank you.
all is fair in love and war; if you're on fire and a man equally engulfed in flames enlightens you of your own hell, do you refuse to extinguish your flames simply because the messenger was equally being scorched? . And yes there is nothing at all wrong with a thief jailing another thief, the world has one less thief to worry about, and eventually men of sound mind and body and worthy in character will apprehend the judge thief; what matters most, one thief got what he deserves. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Lol! I know right?

Even President Buhari admitted that Nigerians the people he governs are"Fanatically Corrupt". undecided

The words of David Cameron ..... yet UK Policies enables stolen money to be used to buy properties with hidden identity. Hypocrisy

Corruption ( although not condoled by me) exist worldwide

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adesegun14: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
Visa denied today at Lagos embassy.

I myself know I made a mistake even before I entered the interview room. I'm posting this so that others will learn and avoid such mistakes.

I got there around 5:30 am, I was about to enter when I was told to produce the GT payment receipt, since I tot all dey need was the confirmation and appointment papers. I discovered I don't have it with me, so I had to go back to the biz centre, called my wife to snap it and send it to me so we can print it there. She sent it, but unfortunately, they were having network problem over there, from that early morning i was able to get it done around 9:09am, so I was already anxious and exhausted.

Transcript:
Vo: why are you going to America
Me: I'm going to America to pursue master in computer science
Vo: why do you want to do masters
Me: to increase my knowledge in computer science and be vast in the field because I want to go into lecturing when I return to Nigeria
Vo: why do you want to lecture?
Me: it has been my dream to impart the coming generation with IT knowledge in Computer science to keep them up to date with the latest curiculum that I will be learning from America. (My voice shake here bacause of what happened before I entered, I was weak)
Vo: who will be sponsoring your education?
Me: my brother; he's an architect and has a consultancy firm in 3 states and also has a school in kaduna (he just yinmu)
Vo: I'm sorry bla.. bla..bla.. just brought out the blue paper and said I'm free to reapply

I guess I missed it when I was explaining why I wanted to lecture. I also tot I shouldn't have mention lecturing, but honestly, that's what I intend to do when I decide to return home.

I'm planning to reapply immediately, since there is still space this year.
I need corrections and advises.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2017
LagosismyHome:

The words of David Cameron ..... yet UK Policies enables stolen money to be used to buy properties with hidden identity. Hypocrisy

Corruption ( although not condoled by me) exist worldwide

And? If I were David Cameron, I’d be happy to let you invest your stolen money in my country too. My children reap the benefits, yours continue to wallow in poverty. I’m not sure which saddens me more, Nigerians who won’t accept how bad their country is or those who justify it by saying the British and Americans are no better. This willingness to compromise or bend truth is why nothing will ever change, regardless of how loudly we pray.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jelmusboy(m): 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
House, kindly help me look into possibility of getting visa to study.

I had my Bachelor of Medical Lab Science (3.01/5.0) in 2010 from Nigeria and MSc (Distinction) in the UK in 2016. I am currently in the UK working on a fixed term contract. I will like to go for another MSc program in Biological Sciences in the US mainly because of my future aspiration. My previous MSc did not really align with that aspiration.

I have identified three schools (Wichita State University, San Jose State University and Western Illinois University) that do not require GRE and my GPA satisfies their requirement.

Even without funding and scholarship, I can demonstrate enough fund that will cater for me and my partner.

What's the possibility of getting a visa with my partner?

NB: I will probably be applying for the visa in the UK and have been to like four countries in Europe including the US on a visit visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by charzyh2: 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
smithsydny:
this was good too go. But really Dont know what to say about the delay.
this weakens me honestly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheGrandChemist:

Thank you.

You’re simply looking to justify your own dishonesty by claiming i am. Perhaps the problem isn’t that a thief is jailing a thief, but that a thief wants to be treated as a respectable member of society (on the excuse that “we are all thieves”) when he/she isn’t deserving of it.

What surprises me is that those who jump around like they’ve got bees in their bonnet anytime you remind them of their own willingness to lie and cheat, is that they don’t realize the irony of thousands of them desperately dying to go to countries built on the same honesty and respect for rule of law that the despise. If you were looking to define hypocrisy, I couldn’t find a better example.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheGrandChemist(m): 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
all is fair in love and war; if you're on fire and a man equally engulfed in flames enlightens you of your own hell, do you refuse to extinguish your flames simply because the messenger was equally being scorched? . And yes there is nothing at all wrong with a thief jailing another thief, the world has one less thief to worry about, and eventually men of sound mind and body and worthy in character will apprehend the judge thief; what matters most, one thief got what he deserves. grin grin
Really? grin
Oh, I was mistaken. Not even a surgery performed by Dr Peter Hadden can remedy permanent blindness, save a miracle. grin grin grin

Enjoy the rest of your day, man. smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:40pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheGrandChemist:

Really? grin
Oh, I was mistaken. Not even a surgery performed by Dr Peter Hadden can remedy permanent blindness, save a miracle. grin grin grin

Enjoy the rest of your day, man. smiley
I'm on a highway to hell grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Brojay007(m): 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
pls help me I applied for Michigan-tech university have been admitted ,please I don't know what is wrong I have updated everything but my i20 have not been sent October 3 pls help ?? Am yet to receive it please what do I do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Brojay007(m): 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2017
I need help I have been expecting my i20 since October I was admitted around October I have forward all necessary documents that the school required of me (m-tech)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheGrandChemist(m): 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2017
TWoods:

You’re simply looking to justify your own dishonesty by claiming i am. Perhaps the problem isn’t that a thief is jailing a thief, but that a thief wants to be treated as a respectable member of society (on the excuse that “we are all thieves”) when he/she isn’t deserving of it.

What surprises me is that those who jump around like they’ve got bees in their bonnet anytime you remind them of their own willingness to lie and cheat, is that they don’t realize the irony of thousands of them desperately dying to go to countries built on the same honesty and respect for rule of law that the despise. If you were looking to define hypocrisy, I couldn’t find a better example.

Oh yeah I got that squarely. I am your own reminder reminding you that you are dishonest, fraudulent, insincere and of course a haughty cheat. All you gotta do is deal with that else, you run into a fast-moving train like I earlier suggested.

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Messibliss207(f): 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
Brojay007:
pls help me I applied for Michigan-tech university have been admitted ,please I don't know what is wrong I have updated everything but my i20 have not been sent October 3 pls help ?? Am yet to receive it please what do I do

Have you written the school? Write to them, call them.. Do not give them a breathing space. I practically forced my school to send my i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheGrandChemist:

Oh yeah I got that squarely. I am your own reminder reminding you that you are dishonest, fraudulent, insincere and of course a haughty cheat. All you gotta do is deal with that else, you run into a fast-moving train like I earlier suggested.

grin grin

When you get a visa I’ll take you seriously grin until then, you’re simply another disgruntled applicant.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
Brojay007:
I need help I have been expecting my i20 since October I was admitted around October I have forward all necessary documents that the school required of me (m-tech)

Contact your school. Surely they have an email or phone number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheGrandChemist(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2017
TWoods:

When you get a visa I’ll take you seriously grin until then, you’re simply another disgruntled applicant.

SMH. What a shame!

grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
I'm on a highway to hell grin grin grin grin

Good evening house,

I am attempting to submit my application but unfortunately i keep getting this message after inputting my DS160 confirmation number, this message comes up
"Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "aadekoya79@yahoo.com ". If you created this profile in the past, you have the option to transfer your account to this previous one in order to avoid any inconveniences that may arise from having multiple accounts"

unfortunately this email has been deactivated by yahoo, what do i do please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheGrandChemist:

SMH. What a shame!

grin
Good evening house,

I am attempting to submit my application but unfortunately i keep getting this message after inputting my DS160 confirmation number, this message comes up
"Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "aadekoya79@yahoo.com ". If you created this profile in the past, you have the option to transfer your account to this previous one in order to avoid any inconveniences that may arise from having multiple accounts"

unfortunately this email has been deactivated by yahoo, what do i do please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hushee:
My delayed visa transcript

Vo: Good Morning, can I have ur passport and i20?

Me: Good Morning Sir (I handed them over to him)

Vo: What are you going to study

Me: Agriculture

Vo: At where

Me: Stephen F Austin state university

Vo: Why Agriculture?

Me: The Federal Government is trying to diversify the economy from the oil sector into other sector and number one on the list is the Agricultural sector, so there is no better time to be a part of this drive than now.

Vo: okay, what will you do with the degree?

Me: I plan to take up a lecturing job at my alma mata, the federal university of agriculture Abeokuta.

Vo: Have u travelled before?

Me: No

Vo: Are you married?

Vo: And kids

Vo: ok, What will u do after your program?

Me: I will return back to Nigeria and take up a lecturing job at the federal university of agriculture Abeokuta and I will also consult for the federal and state governments through Agricultural research institute such as IITA(international instute of tropical agriculture) and national animal production research institute.

Vo: OK, who will pay?

Me: I have an out of state tuition waiver and my mother will pay for the rest

Vo: What does she do?

Me: she's a very successful business woman, she's into major distribution of dangote products, mix and bake flour, and she also sells rice and oil in large quantities.

Note: He typed all through and when he finally looked at me, he said "unfortunately you are not qualified to receive a visa right now.

Me: Could you please tell me the reason Sir

Vo: The blue paper will explain to you

Me: Alright thank you sir

Vo: OK

Thanks to everyone who helped in reviewing my transcript.... I believe its not yet time, all will fall in place at the right time.

I can spot some few things that ain't right there though

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beautyaddy: 8:02pm On Dec 05, 2017
TWoods:

And? If I were David Cameron, I’d be happy to let you invest your stolen money in my country too. My children reap the benefits, yours continue to wallow in poverty. I’m not sure which saddens me more, Nigerians who won’t accept how bad their country is or those who justify it by saying the British and Americans are no better. This willingness to compromise or bend truth is why nothing will ever change, regardless of how loudly we pray.
Thank you for this response. Couldn't have said it better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
fisayoprisca:
Thank you everyone at nairaland. Here is my visa transcript. My interview was last Wednesday although I was previously denied on August 7, 2017 and I shared my transcripts here on Nairaland.
My VO was a White Man and he had previously denied two people before me. I do not know the window number but the window was the one to the extreme end stthe right hand side.

VO- good morning Madame
Me- good morning
VO- what are you going to do in the US
Me- I would be the US to pursue my master in Liberal Arts concentration in Gender and Diversity studies at East Tennessee State University.

Then finally he began typing and placed my passport at one side and he stretched one hand to the white paper and he said pick it up at isolo. That was I packed my stuffs oo.

All round favour to those awaiting interviews.

Very smooth and swift interview. Congratulations dearie

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.