Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (694336 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cmbagwu(m): 5:37am On Jul 19, 2017
10yrs visa?? To Singapore or Zimbabwe?

KELVIN086:
Goodday guys , abeg those people doing phd , how many years visa do they give you guys, my guy collect 10 years so I want to know why cause i was expecting 3 or 4 years student visa, like the way masters student receive 2 years , I was expecting phd to be 3 or 4 years.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by KELVIN086: 6:01am On Jul 19, 2017
KELVIN086:
Goodday guys , abeg those people doing phd , how many years visa do they give you guys, my guy collect 10 years so I want to know why cause i was expecting 3 or 4 years student visa, like the way masters student receive 2 years , I was expecting phd to be 3 or 4 years.
This is a simple question na , all I just want is for a phd student to tell me the number of years he was given ,and if it's possible for one to collect 10 years because me myself I'm also doubting this guy , that's why I'm asking the question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tundephish(m): 6:26am On Jul 19, 2017
Good luck to those going for their visa interview this morning kiss

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:49am On Jul 19, 2017
KELVIN086:

This is a simple question na , all I just want is for a phd student to tell me the number of years he was given ,and if it's possible for one to collect 10 years because me myself I'm also doubting this guy , that's why I'm asking the question.

2 years is what phd, msc or bsc are all been given at the moment from Nigeria

Maybethe guy did not tell you the full story for example maybe he has applied for Canadian PR as a backup and if you have Canadian PR you get 10 years US visa whenyou apply

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gspeed360: 6:49am On Jul 19, 2017
Oseni007:
Long Post Alert ooooooooo Alihamdulilahi Robil Alamin,
Cheers.
crazy resilience man... Congrats!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gspeed360: 6:51am On Jul 19, 2017
gaviria:

Damn! Really had me at Desmond Doss. Your congratulations deserves to be gold plated. Mehn one can only imagine. Lagoon front dreams can now be fulfilled. cheesy
Congratulations!!!
Greatest Akokite.
Great o....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gspeed360: 7:04am On Jul 19, 2017
KELVIN086:

But someone answered you now... Then you decided that he was arguing with you... Now you're doubting your guy and are just asking question... Anyway, F-1 visa class is 2 years "renewable" (PHD students are mostly retained anyway, since almost all of them are been funded, and America doesn't like to loose on any investment "which is not a bad thing"wink you could check online for clarity...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ovieigho(m): 7:09am On Jul 19, 2017
our visa testimony! !!

spiritual confidence: 90%

fluency :20%

mock interview :Non

composure :50%

I give glory to almighty GOD for coming through for me during my visa interview, I never envisaged the kind of favour , Grace and mercy he showed me and my friend (not a nairalander) today.

scene one:
we got to the embassy around 5:40 am and before I could look back my guy had paid 1k Sara money to all those street guys , if u were at the embassy around that time , u go see one guy wey dey para (na me) I later went to the police who advised me to let it go.

The spiritual angle to my visa.
last year December I went to seek the Lord on the mountain (CAC ori oke ikoyi), I have been fasting and praying since then.

June 1st to 30th 2017 we had a powerfully packed vigil tagged "while men slept"...30days from where I actually got the revelation that my case is settled.

why I refused mock interview:

I am afraid I am not so fluent and with the little time , if sir texrem start pointing out mistakes I will be demoralised all together but I thank him for his willingness though.

I told God I don't want to spend more that one minute with the V.O

the transcript proper!!
This lady (VO)refused all except a small lady since I noticed her and funniest thing is she will allow you to make your case and then say thank you and handed back your passport and the blue paper. ..lol

prior to my time I was already next for her to be interviewed and he was busy with a man that has a robust travel history and he also speak fluently and sound. I thought the man will get his visa , even the man himself must have been rest assured and the lady typed for like 1min and gave the man blue paper .While that was going I was already praying in tongues ...

my turn. ...

The lady asked me :

tell me about your programme
why did u chose the course
how did you know about the school
Why the school...

my responds were short and I wasn't too fluent and I was even disappointed in myself thinking she should ask one more so I can cover up my mistakes ........
and she said her usual word "thanks for coming " while her hand was going up to pick the paper.......For my mind I said this woman no ask me more questions sha...I Don Bleep up.......

lol and behold when her hand was coming down I heard another thing ....."pick ur passport in the next three days and u will be needing ur ( passed the I 20 back to me ...I wan mad.......

In other news my friend was already waiting for me outside ...He got his visa too....

NB : visa issue to me is a spiritual battle and one needs to take it to the Lord and the Lord alone in faith...no dilution. ...
I saw a guy that was already talking alternative even before interview. ..guess what he was refused.

I thank all the people that make this thread to be alive till date ...justwise, wallspring, lagosismyhome, texrem, sureboy and many more I can't remember ...
I thank oludare. .my alma mata guy......First and the best....
my oga patapata imperiouxx. ..

I will post my transcript soon. ....lolzz

but seriously all u need is on part 10 transcript. .. (for those trying to go to embassy).....

I dedicate this success to all those guys who take the pain to post delay and refusal transcript here for us to learn...that's an act of bravery. ..I can't do it o.....lol

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gspeed360: 7:15am On Jul 19, 2017
ovieigho:
our visa testimony! !!

spiritual confidence: 90%

fluency :20%

mock interview :Non

composure :50%

I give glory to almighty GOD for coming through for me during my visa interview, I never envisaged the kind of favour , Grace and mercy he showed me and my friend (not a nairalander) today.

scene one:
we got to the embassy around 5:40 am and before I could look back my guy had paid 1k Sara money to all those street guys , if u were at the embassy around that time , u go see one guy wey dey para (na me) I later went to the police who advised me to let it go.

The spiritual angle to my visa.
last year December I went to seek the Lord on the mountain (CAC ori oke ikoyi), I have been fasting and praying since then.

June 1st to 30th 2017 we had a powerfully packed vigil tagged "while men slept"...30days from where I actually got the revelation that my case is settled.

why I refused mock interview:

I am afraid I am not so fluent and with the little time , if sir texrem start pointing out mistakes I will be demoralised all together but I thank him for his willingness though.

I told God I don't want to spend more that one minute with the V.O

the transcript proper!!
This lady (VO)refused all except a small lady since I noticed her and funniest thing is she will allow you to make your case and then say thank you and handed back your passport and the blue paper. ..lol

prior to my time I was already next for her to be interviewed and he was busy with a man that has a robust travel history and he also speak fluently and sound. I thought the man will get his visa , even the man himself must have been rest assured and the lady typed for like 1min and gave the man blue paper .While that was going I was already praying in tongues ...

my turn. ...

The lady asked me :

tell me about your programme
why did u chose the course
how did you know about the school
Why the school...

my responds were short and I wasn't too fluent and I was even disappointed in myself thinking she should ask one more so I can cover up my mistakes ........
and she said her usual word "thanks for coming " while her hand was going up to pick the paper.......For my mind I said this woman no ask me more questions sha...I Don Bleep up.......

lol and behold when her hand was coming down I heard another thing ....."pick ur passport in the next three days and u will be needing ur ( passed the I 20 back to me ...I wan mad.......

In other news my friend was already waiting for me outside ...He got his visa too....

NB : visa issue to me is a spiritual battle and one needs to take it to the Lord and the Lord alone in faith...no dilution. ...
I saw a guy that was already talking alternative even before interview. ..guess what he was refused.

I thank all the people that make this thread to be alive till date ...justwise, wallspring, lagosismyhome, texrem, sureboy and many more I can't remember ...
I thank oludare. .my alma mata guy......First and the best....

I will post my transcript soon. ....lolzz

but seriously all u need is on part 10 transcript. .. (for those trying to go to embassy).....

I dedicate this success to all those guys who take the pain to post delay and refusal transcript here for us to learn...that's an act of bravery. ..I can't do it o.....lol

Thankfully you won't have to, but it's quite imperative you do.. you learned from others, that's enough reason to.
Congrats man!!!
Cheers...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Obayomimi: 7:17am On Jul 19, 2017
My visa was approved yesterday after 6 denials.
Let me tell my story because I want it to motivate someone out there.

When I was young I have always wanted to be behind the camera because my uncle works with the Nigerian Television authority as the head Camera unit. I love the job and I made up my mind to do it too. Later I got admitted to OAU ife to study plant science. When I got there i was studying and i was doing editing training in town to follow what I actually love to do which affected my academics. I failed CHM 101, PHY105 and MTH 105 I only passed BOT 105 and ZOO 105. My Cgpa was not below 1.0 but I was not just interested in the course. I decided to leave the department and concentrate on my editing class and write another jamb and go for an ARTS course.
I was so determined to have a BSC so I went to ibadan to write another waec in art subject.
Fast forward to 2010 I got to know about souther illinois university Edwardsville I applied to the school to study mass communication and i got the i 20. I was denied twice in 2010 and 0nce in 2011. When I got denied in 2011 I ran to jamb office to get jamb form because they must not know at home that I am no more a student and I started all over i had to tell my parents after I got admitted again to the same OAU but now an art course. When I got to school again I was ashamed somehow especially when it is the convocation of your mates and you are in part 1 and you will be the one to sing for them in AMPHI. I did my tin and I left AMPHI theatre. I got to know about new york film academy in my second year and I applied for a year conservatory prog in Filmmaking in 2013. I got the i 20 also but I was also denied twice then I got to know about nairaland. I read all pages for 3 days and I decided to stop applying until I get my BSC here in Nigeria .
I got my BSC and I refired to the same new york film academy for masters in fineart but now I am not too desperate because I have a lot of editing jobs to be done. I got the i 20 in April this year and I was forced to apply again by my brother. I went for the interview on 3rd of July 2017.
Me..............Morning

VO...............no response(I was too angry but what can I do)
VO........... Have u traveled out before
Me............ Yes. South Africa and Dubai for a shoot.
Vo............. are you married?
Me.............no
Vo............. you can reapply. Thank you.
I don't think I have seen that kind of ntervuew before. I left and I called my brother that I am no longer 8nterested I want to go to South Africa which is sure and cheaper and he agreed.
On Sunday my brother just called me that he has paid for my visa fee online that I should go again and I schedule the interview for yesterday. I just went with cgi receipt, appointment confirmation,sevis, I 60 confirmation, I 20 and passport. No interest again at all but I knew if the consular should ask me anything about production he will not want me to stop because this is my field.
When I got there i was moved to the woman that denied me the last time but I dint bother because I just wanted to do the interview and go back to the studio.
Vo........... good morning
Me ..........Morning ooooo
Vo............. did you write any test
Me.............no
Vo..............are u married
Me............ no
Vo............I interviewed you before
Me...........Yes
Vo.............I will have to allow another Vo to interview you for fair hearing. And he passed me to one old woman that has been denying people.
New vo;
Vo.........I like your cloth
Me........ thank you
Vo..........tell me about your application
Me......... I applied online, sent my transcript through my university, wrote my sop( cuts in)
Vo......... what do you do
Me........ I am a film editor and a content provider
Vo........ Av u done any project to yourself
Me........Yes
Vo..........tell me about it
Me.........I did a shot film about what is happening in nigeria.bokoharam and kidnapping *cuts*
Vo......... you have been applying since 2010 and your application has been on media and production which shows you really have passion for it and you have been denied 6times. Give me one reason why I shud approve your application.
Me............(for my mind I was like this is the question I have been expecting for the past 7 years). There is a course i will be taking in the second year of my program at NYFA which is about production business. It is divided into 2, the first part is for ppl who wants to to be an executive producer and the the second one is for someone like me who wants to come back to Nigeria and have a film school.In Nigeria today there is no standard film sch all what we have are acting classes. We need a film school whr there will be gaffer department, makeup department, costume class, well equipped editing suites ( I mentioned softwares too)cuts
Vo..........inform me when you arrive to Nigeria and start your film school. You really know what you are doing. PICK UP YOUR VISA ON FRIDAY.
IT IS TOO LONG BUT I HAVE TO WRITE IT INFACT I HAVE EDITED A LOT OF TINS.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING IF POSSIBLE SO THAT WEN YOU ARE DENIED IT WILL NOT WEIGH YOU DOWN MUCH AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO REFIRED AND AQUIRE WHAT YOU DESIRE.
IF YOU ARE DENIED AND YOU COME BACK HERE YOU WILL WANT TO REAPPLY IF YOU HAVE MONEY. THANK YOU GUYS AND GOD BLESS YOU

75 Likes 10 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by fisayoprisca: 7:21am On Jul 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Rules are meant to be followed. The rules states 6 months so try to best to work towards that . There really should be no question on yes or no

That been said

Yes someone here posted a transcript where the passport was less than 6 months. The visa interview was successful so it possible however the VO said the actual visa cannot be issued on less than 6 months so gave him a paper and that he should mail the new passport with a longer expiration and then the visa will be issued
thanks you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Joan011: 7:44am On Jul 19, 2017
@caul, forgive my inquisitiveness, it's just that am curious to know this, when did u finish sec. Education
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by akoja2(m): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2017
Aggressive return
HisSon24:
My transcripts (Delayed the GOD APPROVED my Visa Yesterday) Still that ProfOjah’s friend
Delayed 29th June 6:30 am Lagos
Me: good morning ma,
VO: pass me your documents (I obliged)
Vo: why are you going to the US
Me: I am going to the US for my masters degree in chemistry
Vo: (looks at me) why this school?
Me: MTSU has a new science building worth $147 million opened in 2014, this will enable me to conduct my research with state of the art facilities.
Vo: why chemistry and not physics or other sciences
Me: I loved chemistry since high school, studied chemistry as an undergraduate and would like to continue studying chemistry
Vo: (looks at me like this one is not serious) then said your visa can not be granted this time (then passed my documents and the coloured paper)
Me: smiled and walked out immediately (was even smiling on my way to the car park and police officers were saying “congratulation how far come wash am for us”). But when i got home I couldn’t eat nor sleep was just replaying the event on my head.
I paid another payment the same day and got 18th July as new appointment the following day

God Approved it Yesterday 6:30 am Lagos

To God be all the glory. His mercy, grace and favour was sufficient for us all. And a big thanks to ProfOjah my padi. He really took my matter personal giving me 90% assurance of success after introducing me to the awesome forum and evaluating my new response to questions.
Fast forward to today 18th July
Vo: good morning sir how re you?
Me: good morning sir am fine thank you.
Vo: why are you going to US
Me: am going for my masters degree in chemistry with a concentration in nanotechnology at the Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro
Vo: why this course
Me: its in-line with my career goal which is to become a university professor, and a masters degree in chemistry and a research knowledge of nanotechnology is a requirement for me to pick up a lecturing job at my alma mata and according to national agency for science and engineering infrastructure there (cuts in)
Vo: what is this nanotechnology?
Me : nanotechnology is the creation and utilization of materials, systems and device through the control of matter on nanometer length (cuts in)
Vo: give me details about this research what will you be doing?
Me: (i come happy) i gave him details about how we going to be manipulating carbon surfaces to make chemical sensors which can be used to detect young set of food spoilage and detection of cancer cells in human body. How carbon nanotube can destroy cancer cells and the procedure has been suggested for cancer treatment and more research is needed to be sure the carbon nanotubes don’t destroy normal health cells while fighting the cancer cells. (i was talking fast that i noticed i mixed some terms up but he was enjoying me)
Vo: you had your undergraduate from University of Benin?
Me: I had my undergraduate from the University of Lagos (I attacked him like what are you saying)
Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me: I got full graduate assistantship which comes with full tuition waiver and monthly stipends and the remaining personal expenses will be covered by my brother
Vo: (nodding head and went through my i20 to confirm) is your brother in the US
Me: yes
Vo: what state?
Me: mentioned it
Vo: do you apply to other schools and how many gave admission?
Me: mention the schools and said i choose MTSU because i got assistantship
Vo: Yes of-course (smiling and nodding head)
Vo: are you married, do you have kids?
Me: NO, NO
Vo: (when through my passport) have you travelled out of the country before?
Me: no, i have got no reason until now
Vo: (typed for like almost one straight minutes)
Me: repeating in my mind “Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit”
Vo: your visa will be ready in four days, you will get a text or email bla blab la.........
Me: collected the white paper (golden sceptre), my i20 n sevis. Thank you sir. Didn’t know when I added God bless you.

You guys are doing a great job here. I read through the 40 pages of complied delayed transcripts and over 100 pages of complied Approved transcripts. It really helped me. And my dear ProfOjah brushed up my responses during the mock interview we held.
Advice: You don’t need any agent to help you go through the process from beginning to finish. Did everything myself until I got stock during the interview part, but thanks to God, ProfOjah, the gurus here and everyone that shared their transcripts.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Vicktor18: 8:32am On Jul 19, 2017
Hello. Please I need someone to help me check out the community college in Houston(their tuition fee as an undergrad). have been trying but no result.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teejay471: 8:32am On Jul 19, 2017
Morning home.. Pls I'm having my interview to be schedule on Friday 21th July.. I don't know how to find my route from Ado ekiti to Abuja.. Pls someone should help me with how to find my way, nearby hotel where l can lodge and some Mock interview for me to be fully prepared coz I'm scared.. Ppl help me out.I'm new on here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by akoja2(m): 8:47am On Jul 19, 2017
Use google map na
Teejay471:
Morning home.. Pls I'm having my interview to be schedule on Friday 21th July.. I don't know how to find my route from Ado ekiti to Abuja.. Pls someone should help me with how to find my way, nearby hotel where l can lodge and some Mock interview for me to be fully prepared coz I'm scared.. Ppl help me out.I'm new on here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 8:56am On Jul 19, 2017
Oseni007:
Long Post Alert ooooooooo
Alihamdulilahi Robil Alamin,

Cheers.
With this type of determination, even if you are not destined to travel to the US, your destiny just might change. Jeez..seriously. Kudos chairman.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by towbaynah(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2017
HisSon24:
My transcripts (Delayed the GOD APPROVED my Visa Yesterday) Still that ProfOjah’s friend
Delayed 29th June 6:30 am Lagos
Me: good morning ma,
VO: pass me your documents (I obliged)
Vo: why are you going to the US
Me: I am going to the US for my masters degree in chemistry
Vo: (looks at me) why this school?
Me: MTSU has a new science building worth $147 million opened in 2014, this will enable me to conduct my research with state of the art facilities.
Vo: why chemistry and not physics or other sciences
Me: I loved chemistry since high school, studied chemistry as an undergraduate and would like to continue studying chemistry
Vo: (looks at me like this one is not serious) then said your visa can not be granted this time (then passed my documents and the coloured paper)
Me: smiled and walked out immediately (was even smiling on my way to the car park and police officers were saying “congratulation how far come wash am for us”). But when i got home I couldn’t eat nor sleep was just replaying the event on my head.
I paid another payment the same day and got 18th July as new appointment the following day

God Approved it Yesterday 6:30 am Lagos

To God be all the glory. His mercy, grace and favour was sufficient for us all. And a big thanks to ProfOjah my padi. He really took my matter personal giving me 90% assurance of success after introducing me to the awesome forum and evaluating my new response to questions.
Fast forward to today 18th July
Vo: good morning sir how re you?
Me: good morning sir am fine thank you.
Vo: why are you going to US
Me: am going for my masters degree in chemistry with a concentration in nanotechnology at the Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro
Vo: why this course
Me: its in-line with my career goal which is to become a university professor, and a masters degree in chemistry and a research knowledge of nanotechnology is a requirement for me to pick up a lecturing job at my alma mata and according to national agency for science and engineering infrastructure there (cuts in)
Vo: what is this nanotechnology?
Me : nanotechnology is the creation and utilization of materials, systems and device through the control of matter on nanometer length (cuts in)
Vo: give me details about this research what will you be doing?
Me: (i come happy) i gave him details about how we going to be manipulating carbon surfaces to make chemical sensors which can be used to detect young set of food spoilage and detection of cancer cells in human body. How carbon nanotube can destroy cancer cells and the procedure has been suggested for cancer treatment and more research is needed to be sure the carbon nanotubes don’t destroy normal health cells while fighting the cancer cells. (i was talking fast that i noticed i mixed some terms up but he was enjoying me)
Vo: you had your undergraduate from University of Benin?
Me: I had my undergraduate from the University of Lagos (I attacked him like what are you saying)
Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me: I got full graduate assistantship which comes with full tuition waiver and monthly stipends and the remaining personal expenses will be covered by my brother
Vo: (nodding head and went through my i20 to confirm) is your brother in the US
Me: yes
Vo: what state?
Me: mentioned it
Vo: do you apply to other schools and how many gave admission?
Me: mention the schools and said i choose MTSU because i got assistantship
Vo: Yes of-course (smiling and nodding head)
Vo: are you married, do you have kids?
Me: NO, NO
Vo: (when through my passport) have you travelled out of the country before?
Me: no, i have got no reason until now
Vo: (typed for like almost one straight minutes)
Me: repeating in my mind “Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit”
Vo: your visa will be ready in four days, you will get a text or email bla blab la.........
Me: collected the white paper (golden sceptre), my i20 n sevis. Thank you sir. Didn’t know when I added God bless you.

You guys are doing a great job here. I read through the 40 pages of complied delayed transcripts and over 100 pages of complied Approved transcripts. It really helped me. And my dear ProfOjah brushed up my responses during the mock interview we held.
Advice: You don’t need any agent to help you go through the process from beginning to finish. Did everything myself until I got stock during the interview part, but thanks to God, ProfOjah, the gurus here and everyone that shared their transcripts.

And some will say, "approval has nothing to do with preparations, it's all grace and favour". Lol.

Congrats, man. Enjoy a smooth trip to Trumpland. grin

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by phdmscbsc: 9:30am On Jul 19, 2017
The road to success is widely open to all who do not shut it against themselves.

Every one with different story, thank u for sharing your success story,

congratulations!!!

Obayomimi:

When I was young I have always wanted to be behind the camera because my uncle works with the Nigerian Television authority as the head Camera unit. I love the job and I made up my mind to do it too. Later I got admitted to OAU ife to study plant science. When I got there i was studying and i was doing editing training in town to follow what I actually love to do which affected my academics. I failed CHM 101, PHY105 and MTH 105 I only passed BOT 105 and ZOO 105. My Cgpa was not below 1.0 but I was not just interested in the course. I decided to leave the department and concentrate on my editing class and write another jamb and go for an ARTS course.
I was so determined to have a BSC so I went to ibadan to write another waec in art subject.
Fast forward to 2010 I got to know about souther illinois university Edwardsville I applied to the school to study mass communication and i got the i 20. I was denied twice in 2010 and 0nce in 2011. When I got denied in 2011 I ran to jamb office to get jamb form because they must not know at home that I am no more a student and I started all over i had to tell my parents after I got admitted again to the same OAU but now an art course. When I got to school again I was ashamed somehow especially when it is the convocation of your mates and you are in part 1 and you will be the one to sing for them in AMPHI. I did my tin and I left AMPHI theatre. I got to know about new york film academy in my second year and I applied for a year conservatory prog in Filmmaking in 2013. I got the i 20 also but I was also denied twice then I got to know about nairaland. I read all pages for 3 days and I decided to stop applying until I get my BSC here in Nigeria .
I got my BSC and I refired to the same new york film academy for masters in fineart but now I am not too desperate because I have a lot of editing jobs to be done. I got the i 20 in April this year and I was forced to apply again by my brother. I went for the interview on 3rd of July 2017.
Me..............Morning

VO...............no response(I was too angry but what can I do)
VO........... Have u traveled out before
Me............ Yes. South Africa and Dubai for a shoot.
Vo............. are you married?
Me.............no
Vo............. you can reapply. Thank you.
I don't think I have seen that kind of ntervuew before. I left and I called my brother that I am no longer 8nterested I want to go to South Africa which is sure and cheaper and he agreed.
On Sunday my brother just called me that he has paid for my visa fee online that I should go again and I schedule the interview for yesterday. I just went with cgi receipt, appointment confirmation,sevis, I 60 confirmation, I 20 and passport. No interest again at all but I knew if the consular should ask me anything about production he will not want me to stop because this is my field.
When I got there i was moved to the woman that denied me the last time but I dint bother because I just wanted to do the interview and go back to the studio.
Vo........... good morning
Me ..........Morning ooooo
Vo............. did you write any test
Me.............no
Vo..............are u married
Me............ no
Vo............I interviewed you before
Me...........Yes
Vo.............I will have to allow another Vo to interview you for fair hearing. And he passed me to one old woman that has been denying people.
New vo;
Vo.........I like your cloth
Me........ thank you
Vo..........tell me about your application
Me......... I applied online, sent my transcript through my university, wrote my sop( cuts in)
Vo......... what do you do
Me........ I am a film editor and a content provider
Vo........ Av u done any project to yourself
Me........Yes
Vo..........tell me about it
Me.........I did a shot film about what is happening in nigeria.bokoharam and kidnapping *cuts*
Vo......... you have been applying since 2010 and your application has been on media and production which shows you really have passion for it and you have been denied 6times. Give me one reason why I shud approve your application.
Me............(for my mind I was like this is the question I have been expecting for the past 7 years). There is a course i will be taking in the second year of my program at NYFA which is about production business. It is divided into 2, the first part is for ppl who wants to to be an executive producer and the the second one is for someone like me who wants to come back to Nigeria and have a film school.In Nigeria today there is no standard film sch all what we have are acting classes. We need a film school whr there will be gaffer department, makeup department, costume class, well equipped editing suites ( I mentioned softwares too)cuts
Vo..........inform me when you arrive to Nigeria and start your film school. You really know what you are doing. PICK UP YOUR VISA ON FRIDAY.
IT IS TOO LONG BUT I HAVE TO WRITE IT INFACT I HAVE EDITED A LOT OF TINS.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING IF POSSIBLE SO THAT WEN YOU ARE DENIED IT WILL NOT WEIGH YOU DOWN MUCH AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO REFIRED AND AQUIRE WHAT YOU DESIRE.
IF YOU ARE DENIED AND YOU COME BACK HERE YOU WILL WANT TO REAPPLY IF YOU HAVE MONEY. THANK YOU GUYS AND GOD BLESS YOU

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Alex2626: 9:30am On Jul 19, 2017
Hi house was rejected Dis morn by d old lady pls i need assistance @texrem @lagosismyhome pls i need ur assitance as i plan to reapply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by phdmscbsc: 9:36am On Jul 19, 2017
It is well Alex, how doest it go? post your transcript, people will comment and assist.
you are going to get ur visa,definitely.

Alex2626:
Hi house was rejected Dis morn by d old lady pls i need assistance @texrem @lagosismyhome pls i need ur assitance as i plan to reapply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by onicemus1(m): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2017
Oseni007:

Cheers.

A big congratulation to you... this kinda post is not just motivating.. it shows that indeed there's a light at the end of a tunnel.. Keep pushing and Yoh dreams shall be reality.. once more congratulation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:14am On Jul 19, 2017
Oseni007:

Cheers.

Quite a journey ....i hope America turns out to be all you dreamed and hoped for . World people say nothing do you , carry go grin

Congrats God bless your new journey

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheGreat342: 10:18am On Jul 19, 2017
OluDare01:

No one is talking about Grace here.
He only pointed out the fact that your response wasn't consistent.
Just like me saying I don't have anyone in the US but my uncle would pick me up at the airport.

Bro, I knew my answer was inconsistent at that point but anu ni mo ri gba. Ebami dupe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 10:26am On Jul 19, 2017
Oseni007:
I got a white refusal paper sometimes
Cheers.
You are fuckinng right bro.. I got that same paper in Abuja 2014., I first thought it was approval paper when the VO was bringing it until He said I am sorry bla bla cry ..

I do see some of your posts on the canada thread,..Congratulations bro!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2017
Obayomimi:

God bless your new journey. Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.