Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695156 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 25, 2017
Visa approved today, 6:30am at Lagos, VI. My diction went on recess because of fear & I answered my questions like a complete village girl. But Olowogbogboro favored me and I left with white paper. It's just the grace of God & favor. Thanks to everyone, both the readers and the contributors. Transcript loading...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Visa Delayed at Abuja

No much crowd and they seem not to be in a hurry like I read here. No white (no one approved) they even denied a blind guy sef. Even of small school girl and family even Mama and papa going for vacation I think. I wasn't scared at all. I don't know why but I was so confident. I was interviewed by one lady she was fair to compare with the first guy on window 6 menh that guy no get time oo, he seem to be in a hurry but the lady that interview was fair.

Vo: What do you do?
Me: I'm currently doing an unpaid internship which I tutor high school graduates on WordPress development and search engine optimization.

Vo: Where r you going?
Me: I'm going to USA for my bachelor's degree in Computer science at st cloud state university in Minnesota
Vo: Tell me about your study plan?
ME: I will be taking 83 credit hours course which am expected to complete in 4 year and I will be taking courses in she cut
Vo: What's your SAT score?
Me: the school waived it.
VO: why US?
Me: because US is centre of excellency when it comes to advancement of computer technology and that will be a great starting point to acquire a degree from US.

Vo: how many schools did you apply?
Me: 5 and I mentioned me (West Virginia State University, West Liberty University, University of the District of Columbia, Morgan State University and St Cloud State University)

Vo: Why this University?

Me: the school have an exceptional program which integrates in-class learning with professional and practical learning. They offered me a scholarship that waived part of my tuition.

VO: When What's your highest level of education?

ME: National Diploma

VO: When did you finish high school?

Me: 2011

Vo: what's have you been doing since then?

Me: I after I finished my high school, I got admission to Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-uku for a two year program in Office Technology and Management which I finish 2014 and went for my compulsory 1 year Industrial training attachment 2015 and 2016 I enrolled in a computer education center which I did program on web design using content management system WordPress and Joomla, search engine optimization, graphic design and digital marketing, which I finished April this year and am currently doing an unpaid internship in addition I tutor high school graduates on WordPress development and search engine optimization.

Looked at my i20 who is that
(my sponsor) I said my uncle

Vo:Why is your uncle paying for you?
Me: he had been the one taking care of me since my high school

Vo: Do you have his bank statement to show?
Me: yes
She went out come back and ask me to pass her the bank statement.

Vo: She looked at it ask why the so much amount the week we printed

Me: My uncle is a business

Vo: what does he do?
Me: he is into importation of fabrics and textiles.

He said I will not be approving your visa and gave me blue paper.

Abuja was something else today.
this transcript in Lagos is a white paper..

Please and please can student avoid abuja embassy for now at least.. I use God name they beg unah ooooo

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedawg: 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
smithsydny:

Please and please can student avoid abuja embassy for now at least.. I use God name they beg unah ooooo
i swear man!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
raykufluv:
Visa approved today, 6:30am at Lagos, VI. My diction went on recess because of fear & I answered my questions like a complete village girl. But Olowogbogboro favored me and I left with white paper. It's just the grace of God & favor. Thanks to everyone, both the readers and the contributors. Transcript loading...
am dancing for you ooo

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
Teedawg:

i swear man!
there is no two ways about... Even devil is not happy with that VO ryt now... Because this transcript killed it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedawg: 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2017
smithsydny:
there is no two ways about... Even devil is not happy with that VO ryt now... Because this transcript killed it..
the Vo is prolly a noobie ..... the thing they vex me aswear lol E dey do me like say na me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2017
Teedawg:

the Vo is prolly a noobie ..... the thing they vex me aswear lol E dey do me like say na me
this is pure wickedness..

Its smelling badly .. They should avoid abuja

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Visa Delayed at Abuja

No much crowd and they seem not to be in a hurry like I read here. No white (no one approved) they even denied a blind guy sef. Even of small school girl and family even Mama and papa going for vacation I think. I wasn't scared at all. I don't know why but I was so confident. I was interviewed by one lady she was fair to compare with the first guy on window 6 menh that guy no get time oo, he seem to be in a hurry but the lady that interview was fair.

Vo: What do you do?
Me: I'm currently doing an unpaid internship which I tutor high school graduates on WordPress development and search engine optimization.

Vo: Where r you going?
Me: I'm going to USA for my bachelor's degree in Computer science at st cloud state university in Minnesota
Vo: Tell me about your study plan?
ME: I will be taking 83 credit hours course which am expected to complete in 4 year and I will be taking courses in she cut
Vo: What's your SAT score?
Me: the school waived it.
VO: why US?
Me: because US is centre of excellency when it comes to advancement of computer technology and that will be a great starting point to acquire a degree from US.

Vo: how many schools did you apply?
Me: 5 and I mentioned me (West Virginia State University, West Liberty University, University of the District of Columbia, Morgan State University and St Cloud State University)

Vo: Why this University?

Me: the school have an exceptional program which integrates in-class learning with professional and practical learning. They offered me a scholarship that waived part of my tuition.

VO: When What's your highest level of education?

ME: National Diploma

Me: 2011

Vo: what's have you been doing since then?

Me: I after I finished my high school, I got admission to Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-uku for a two year program in Office Technology and Management which I finish 2014 and went for my compulsory 1 year Industrial training attachment 2015 and 2016 I enrolled in a computer education center which I did program on web design using content management system WordPress and Joomla, search engine optimization, graphic design and digital marketing, which I finished April this year and am currently doing an unpaid internship in addition I tutor high school graduates on WordPress development and search engine optimization.

Looked at my i20 who is that
(my sponsor) I said my uncle

Vo:Why is your uncle paying for you?
Me: he had been the one taking care of me since my high school

Vo: Do you have his bank statement to show?
Me: yes
She went out come back and ask me to pass her the bank statement.

Vo: She looked at it ask why the so much amount the week we printed

Me: My uncle is a business

Vo: what does he do?
Me: he is into importation of fabrics and textiles.

He said I will not be approving your visa and gave me blue paper.

Abuja was something else today.

I have disbelieved and disregarded the recent bash on US embassy in Abuja. But this transcript should scale through sad

Seems like Abuja might be harsher than Lagos based on a couple of recent transcripts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

I've been following this thread for a while and it has been a roller-coaster of emotions. One person will get rejected, another will get accepted...na wa o!

I would please like some advice on preparation. I got accepted to an Ivy league school (think Harvard/Princeton/Stanford) for a masters. One of the requirements for issuing my I-20 was to show that I had all the money in my account. Luckily I got financial aid worth half the cost of attendance. I had to borrow the rest and put it into an account to show the school. I now have my I-20.

My interview is next week Monday and I am nervous because I have had to return some of the money. So what I did was print my statement up until when I still had the full amount in my account. By the time I go to the embassy, the statement will be 3 weeks old. Please would this be too late for the embassy? Do you think I would have potential problems?

Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedawg: 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
ecoleco:

I have disbelieved and disregarded the recent bash on US embassy in Abuja
. But this transcript should scale through sad

Seems like Abuja might be harsher than Lagos based on a couple of recent transcripts.
So did I
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 12:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
naijatisumi:
Boss, the worst part is I can't even post here again am so ashamed aswear

Reasons been that I prep my Wife for summer got her admission and even did mock interview for her just a week and she got it now in the US

Secondly have helped two of my friends going for same course and they got it

This last VISA interview tells me something is really wrong with me tho i don't really believe and supernatural powers except that i need to pray fast and trust in GOD

2nd Attempt

ME-Good Morning
VO-Good Morning

VO-Why are you going to the US
ME-To pursue my masters of science degree in Finance Management which is basically about effective and efficient management of funds,planning,organizing,directing and monitoring the resources of an organisation in order to achieve the optimal objectives and goals of the organisation

VO-So you a chattered Economics
ME- YES

VO-There is nothing like Chartered Economics
ME-Sir there is .... Institute of Chartered Economics Of Nigeria and its an umbrella body for professional Economics in Nigeria established in the year 1990 and even affiliated to an American University.

VO- Okay good...Please list recent Economics that won Nobel peace prize
ME- Damn I went blank and i knew I lost it and i just mention one stupid name Gregory Adams...He gave me blue paper sharperlly

I knew I bleeped UP and i went back to work on those lapses

But My 3RD AND 4TH ATTEMPT was nothing to right HOME about

VO- Goodmorning
ME- Goodmorning Mam

VO- Why are you going to the US
ME- I went blank , couldn't say a word not until she gave me a blue paper that my eye opened outside. I was DEAF and DUMB I dont wanna believe some peeps are against my plans...Have fasted, prayed , prepared.

4th Attempt couldnt speak OUT...Deaf and DUMB

I was just thing about my life where exactly did I went wrong...I work in a bank for 4years now, Was an SUG welfare director so no one can tell me I can't express my self

Lastly I woke up and saw Cobwebs where ever i pass

I need HELP seriously

Fast forward I was so prepared that i answered all questions on my head almost every time people questions me

I understand how that feels bro. Being denied once is hard enough. That said, I feel you keep blanking out because your mind sees that moment in front of the VO as a sort of judgement day. Try this if you can (please try), although it may sound a bit weird:

1. Pretend the VO is your younger brother or cousin, wearing the mask of a white man or lady. Tell yourself this till you are almost sure that if you scratch his/her face, the mask will come off. So answer any questions thrown at you like you are talking to your younger sibling or relation.

2. Tell yourself that the worst that can happen is another 64k, and that you shall persist till you get the visa. This will also ease the mental stress.

3. You have prayed, so have faith. Stop observing things the devil whisper in your mind to make you doubt. Cobwebs have always been there. It is your state of mind that made you rediscover them in a new light. Peter, in the Bible, asked if he could walk towards Jesus on the sea and he was given the unction to "come". He began to walk on top of the sea towards Jesus, successfully. Then he started noticing the waves and began to doubt and began to sink. But the waves were there when he asked if he could come and they were there when he began to walk on the sea. The waves had always been there. So focus on God bro, forget the waves. you have prayed, stop doubting. Have faith, refire and tell yourself you are killing it this time, in addition to my two points above. If you allow the devil, he will use many things to destabilize you. You will start seeing meaning in everything - black birds flying across, your toe hitting a stone, etc. The more your mind gets messed up by these, the more of them you see/notice. Remember the battlefield of the devil is your mind.

From now, rise with holy anger and book another appointment. If you see anything your spirit doesn't like, speak to it! Tell it your case is different, that it is your heritage as a son a God to condemn any tongue that rises against you in judgement and that you invoke that heritage to rebuke it. Exercise your faith bro. If this is God's will for your life, nothing can stop it. Like someone said, some people got it after their 8th try, and in their case they made pretty strong cases the 7 times and still got denied each time! yours is more like a case of panic attack.

Build your confidence with these 3 points, prepare cogent responses, speak up, look the VO eyeball to eyeball and don't worry about the outcome. I look forward to your success transcript.

33 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2017
Fenix:
Hello everyone,

I've been following this thread for a while and it has been a roller-coaster of emotions. One person will get rejected, another will get accepted...na wa o!

I would please like some advice on preparation. I got accepted to an Ivy league school (think Harvard/Princeton/Stanford) for a masters. One of the requirements for issuing my I-20 was to show that I had all the money in my account. Luckily I got financial aid worth half the cost of attendance. I had to borrow the rest and put it into an account to show the school. I now have my I-20.

My interview is next week Monday and I am nervous because I have had to return some of the money. So what I did was print my statement up until when I still had the full amount in my account. By the time I go to the embassy, the statement will be 3 weeks old. Please would this be too late for the embassy? Do you think I would have potential problems?

Thank you!

You don't seem to have much of a choice. Just go with what you have and hope for the best. You may not even be asked for the statement. But then, depending on what you filled as your current job, many VOs would be curious as to how you were able to save up that amount of money. And if you reply that your siblings or uncles gave you money to support your dreams, you would most probably be asked what they do. So reason well bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cseejhay: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2017
VISA TESTIMONY- PERMIT ME TO WASTE SOME PAGES, AFTER THIS, EVERY OTHER POST COMES BRIEF.(APPROVED LAST WEEK, LATE POST-APOLOGY)

Special thanks to the Almighty God that showed His might and gave me mercy. He favoured me and made it look as though I was over prepared. He made me experience Him big time and He answered my every prayer concerning this Interview. There was nothing special in my application, the only special thing is GOD. After three denials, first two last year for an undergraduate program and the third for this same school, masters. I encountered small small obstacles on the road, even from home, but God answered my prayers to keep me calm throughout. Also had an encounter with the police men at obalende.... I just dey shine eye like theif with the awareness they might come around... And as I dey reason with keke guy, behold this guy just dey flash police ID card dey come...i just tell God, help me handle this. I just bone am and face keke guy, he dey try talk to me, but I serious dey ask keke guy say I dey go Navy barrack, to put small fear for him body( I know say I don see something like that for road before... The guy say he no know navy barrack, naim I face police man, sir pls could you direct me to navy barrack, the guy still dey flash ID card dey ask which navy barrack? Say no navy barrack anywhere. omo my brain just pick...I come say navy headquarters....the police man come say make I trek, e no far ...keke guy say him go carry me free reach there. As we reach front well well naim I thank keke guy, gave him 50 box and dropped. Boarded another keke to the embassy.

The same woman did my biometrics and I was directed to her for my interview...window 9, after the inner room window.. Advanced white woman... Was friendly and calm with so much experience. Friendly throughout.

Me: Gm ma and how was your night?
VO: Fine (with a big sincere smile), documents pls.
VO: You have been here before, have I spoken with you? No madam. Ok, hold on lemme check through my system. Documents pls...
Me: I was about passing docs, wanted to include SEVIS receipt Then she smiled and said, No just your passport and I20...its confusing right? you get to a point you need to present all the documents and at some other points, you present only some...i only smiled in the affirmative, even though I knew the right docs to present, make the smile just continue. For my mind..baba God thank you, this is a good sign. And it really gave me some calm.

(I cant remember the few questions she asked before this next one)

VO: How many other schools did you apply to? And mention them?
Me: I applied to three other schools, they are Illinois state uni, Georgia southern uni and eastern Illinois state uni
VO: How many admitted you and name them.
Me: Georgia southern, Illinois state uni and Mtsu and awaiting a decision from the fourth school. I was actually admitted to EIU, I just mistakenly skipped it and didn't want to correct myself since she wont verify.
VO: I see you were admitted to schools in three different states. Why did you chose mtsu.
Me: Aside the fact that I was offered a full tuition waiver by this school which includes a generous monthly stipend, I will be working with..vo cuts in
VO: What was the basis of this waiver? is it academic or what?.. Tel me about it.
Me: It was awarded due to my excellent academic profile, My SOP, test scores, vo cuts in.
VO: You took any tests, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT.
Me: Yes, I took the GRE and TOEFL.
VO: What was your score in the GRE?
Me: I had an aggregate score of 297, 150 in the quant, cuts in...oh don't worry, that's all I need to know. The total score. VO: You have siblings, how many of them do you have? How many boys and girls?
Me: 2 boys and 2 girls. All younger ones
VO: Where are they?
Me: Here in Nigeria..
VO: Anyone in the US?
Me: Not at all
VO: So who will take care of expenses?( I asked her to repeat on this)
Me: I have a full tuition waiver and my dad will take care of the rest.
VO: What does he do.
Me: He is a civil servant with the ogun state govt and owns ..vo cuts in again.
VO: How old are you?
Me: XY years old, wll be AB in October.
VO: What's your highest qualification?
Me: A higher national diploma
VO: Ooh you went to a polytechnic...
Me: That's correct ma
VO: What's your graduate course
Me: Industrial maint Engr tech
Me: In 2005...
VO: Ok good...btw the year you finished high sch and your polytechnic , What were you doing?
Me: Told her everything I did, she was patient here to hear my stories and at a point she just said go on, I just want to know all you did during those time( here I mentioned everything that reflects on my ds160 in this area, i could see she was asking those questions from my ds160)
VO: When did you graduate?
Me: March 2015
VO: What have you been doing since 2015 that you graduated?...
Me: I have been working at XYZ nig ltd, as a maintenance technician.
VO: So, Why are you going for this degree at this time?
Me: After my graduation from my first diploma, I set a career plan to work for a maximum of six years after then, then proceed for a higher degree and now I feel the time is right..bla bla bla, can't remember how I ended this ( I almost messed this up, God just helped keep the words coming).... And she returned my papers and held on to my passport and uttered some words.
In everything we do, we should learn to attribute the success to God. This visa officer could also have, after hearing my rapping, said "Am sorry, I cannot grant you this visa at this time"... So for me, no one else could have made this better. NB:When she was picking up the white paper, she made these statements... " I am taking this chance to grant you this visa because I have a feeling that you'll do well over there...pls ensure you stick to the rules of your visa and be serious with your studies". Those were her words. I don't know how you'll explain this, but to me it's just divine.
Special mention to fredoriko, my friend turn brother. I call him my prophet.. Lol..omo nairaland dey carry person meet better pipo o. I hail immensely Funke( small mummy, adopted), gunther06 for the support and encouragement, this brother was there from start to finish(a good man with a good heart) Qasim (for your support, encouragement and all), Dannybrown(igwe of Minot), Stephen (Minot), lovely miss Anderson( she never gave up on me), Marian( my personal tutor), Cassie( friend turn sister), Texrem( greatly supportive), brightify( was handy with info wenever I needed any), Deevick(big heart, was so influential), fortisimo( for paying my second visa fee when it was as if the whole world was on my shoulder), Joel, Tobi, lagosismyhome and Deetus, Walspring and all those those names or monikers I skipped. I thank you all for the roles you. Lastly, i thank from the bottom of my heart this family, every transcript and post here have all been helpful. I wish those with interviews ahead a big success(Amen). GOD BLESS YOU ALL and bless your good hearts wishes. Amen.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2017
Ability247:

You don't seem to have much of a choice. Just go with what you have and hope for the best. You may not even be asked for the statement. But then, depending on what you filled as your current job, many VOs would be curious as to how you were able to save up that amount of money. And if you reply that your siblings or uncles gave you money to support your dreams, you would most probably be asked what they do. So reason well bro.

Thank you. What I was going to do was get a letter of support from the estate of my grandfather with the estate's statement saying that they would supplement the rest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by akinboye93(m): 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
Visa Approved today(July 25th) at Lagos Consulate... 1st timer. God is Awesome....

It could have only been God

I benefited from this thread a lot and some of my low key tutors who obviously introduced me nairaland to learn and gain experience...
Transcript loading.

Please will need information on how to cope in Ohio, my school is in Ohio.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by luzon: 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
ecoleco:

So sad to hear sad sad

You can schedule immediately once you are able to pay the visa fee. Search for an alias named "nefertitiram" using nairaland search. He has offered a couple of advice on this DS 160 reference number mismatch.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks a lot @ecoleco
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
cseejhay:
VISA TESTIMONY- PERMIT ME TO WASTE SOME PAGES, AFTER THIS, EVERY OTHER POST COMES BRIEF.(APPROVED LAST WEEK, LATE POST-APOLOGY)

It very good to see this ...... wow this is great news. To change from bsc to masters instead and get funding . Kudos to you. That a job well done and this favours you better than you previous path

Congrats ..May God bless your new journey

For this one I just have to borrow imperiouxx beer ....

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 1:45pm On Jul 25, 2017
smithsydny:

You dont say! Transcript cant tell the whole story of what happened, this has be said times without number. You cant really know if he/she really said what he/she typed. Secondly, there may be a mistake or saying something contrary to his/her DS 160. Additionaly, sudden large lodgment of money on SOA is a red flag.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrChillz(m): 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
cseejhay:
VISA TESTIMONY- PERMIT ME TO WASTE SOME PAGES, AFTER THIS, EVERY OTHER POST COMES BRIEF.(APPROVED LAST WEEK, LATE POSTn

Congratulations. It was never in doubt.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
femi312:
You dont say! Transcript cant tell the whole story of what happened, this has be said times without number. You cant really know if he/she really said what he/she typed. Secondly, there may be a mistake or saying something contrary to his/her DS 160. Additionaly, sudden large lodgment of money on SOA is a reg flag.

This was the main issue @ bolded. The owner should come up with a good reason for that next time, or use a less suspicious SOA if possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
Ability247:

I agree with Rheenah's viewpoint on this issue. That one wishes to apply to a school in the US because his own school has been on strike doesn't sound cogent enough. Why didn't he apply instead to a very good private university here in Nigeria? He will get similar or closely approximate education in a place like Covenant University and spend far less than travelling abroad. Then again, why is he applying to the US? there are many other countries to pick from. Some schools in Germany, for example, offer great education and do not charge tuition. So why the States? These two questions will certainly run through the mind of most VOs. The good ones will ask and give you a chance to elucidate, while the bad belly ones will just deny you without further questions.

I personally don't think using strike as a reason is a great idea. To me, it sounds like an emotional one. Like a decision taken due to how frustrated one felt at the moment, especially as deciding to school in the States instead is neither the only available nor obvious option. So what if you get there and your head clears after 3 months and you begin to regret your decision? Some VOs would wonder that (I am not doubting your personal decision to go. I understand you as a fellow Nigerian). To them, deciding to spend lots of time and (especially) money in a particular foreign land on a value you can generally get anywhere should be a decision that is carefully considered and based on sound reasoning. That is more like how they think.

Again, applying to a school in Nigeria or abroad takes a year. You pass, you get admitted. Telling the VO that taking Jamb and applying here takes a lot of time would seem like admission in Nigeria via Jamb normally takes like 2 years and they know that is not true. Foreign schools have Fall and Spring. Preparing for each would cost you a minimum of a year too. Well, the guy in question may claim this is July and he wishes to target Spring intake abroad as he has missed Nigeria's Jamb for this year and doesn't want to wait till next year but again, that reason is not cogent enough. It implies your decision is a 'spur of the moment' thing and hints at desperation.

Telling the VO something constructive you have been doing with your time would be better. Forget the fact that you were in Lautech. You want to go study Computer Science. I presume you must have learnt some basic computer packages. Have you taken some MOOC courses (udemy or coursera or the likes) or have you been working in a computer/computing facility? Even if its a business center? You can repackage all these. Make the VO feel like you are going abroad to pursue your passion and that you are confident in what you want and that you are going to get it where you are going. That you want to go there because of strike in your school is flimsy.
LOL! When you applied to study in America did the VO talked about Germany, Covenant University and so on? Please let's not add pressure on this guy.

I gave him some points, meanwhile other people are here quoting each other without giving some cogent points to him. This is not good at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

It very good to see this ...... wow this is great news. To change from bsc to masters instead and get funding . Kudos to you. That a job well done and this favours you better than you previous path

Congrats ..May God bless your new journey

For this one I just have to borrow imperiouxx beer ....

cheesy It's fine. I'm still bringing my own when i get on computer after work tonight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
@CJ, congrats man! God is truly with you. It's a divine grace!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
My transcript is exactly what happened. I didn't remove or add.
I know the reason why they denied me was because of my SOA.
femi312:
You dont say! Transcript cant tell the whole story of what happened, this has be said times without number. You cant really know if he/she really said what he/she typed. Secondly, there may be a mistake or saying something contrary to his/her DS 160. Additionaly[b], sudden large lodgment of money on SOA is a red flag[/b]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by shakol91(m): 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
folmus:

Go to the thread on IELTS; If no help, you can pm me.
Thanks I've seen it.. Pls i like to know if you've taken this test before,i will be glad if you can share me tips. Pls send me your WhatsApp number through pm for further discussion. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
DeeTus:
LOL! When you applied to study in America did the VO talked about Germany, Covenant University and so on? Please let's not add pressure on this guy.

I gave him some points, meanwhile other people are here quoting each other without giving some cogent points to him. This is not good at all.

The last paragraph of my post on this contained points I believe would generate more cogent reasons if he works in that direction. Using "strike" as a reason, to me, isn't good at all. Everyone here is trying to help the guy make it next time, else i would just mind my business.

@bolded, it doesn't apply to me, but you should already know that. I didn't tell the VO my school has been on strike so my obvious next course of action should be to apply to a university in the US. It doesn't sound logical and most VOs would probe that reasoning. However, if the guy in question wants to go ahead with the strike story, then I wish him the best of luck. Interviews are quite subjective and maybe - just maybe - the person he would meet wouldn't mind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
cseejhay:

Me: Gm ma and how was your night?
VO: Fine (with a big sincere smile), documents pls.
VO: You have been here before, have I spoken with you? No madam. Ok, hold on lemme check through my system. Documents pls...
Me: I was about passing docs, wanted to include SEVIS receipt Then she smiled and said, No just your passport and I20...its confusing right? you get to a point you need to present all the documents and at some other points, you present only some...i only smiled in the affirmative, even though I knew the right docs to present, make the smile just continue. For my mind..baba God thank you, this is a good sign. And it really gave me some calm.

(I cant remember the few questions she asked before this next one)

VO: How many other schools did you apply to? And mention them?
Me: I applied to three other schools, they are Illinois state uni, Georgia southern uni and eastern Illinois state uni
VO: How many admitted you and name them.
Me: Georgia southern, Illinois state uni and Mtsu and awaiting a decision from the fourth school. I was actually admitted to EIU, I just mistakenly skipped it and didn't want to correct myself since she wont verify.
VO: I see you were admitted to schools in three different states. Why did you chose mtsu.
Me: Aside the fact that I was offered a full tuition waiver by this school which includes a generous monthly stipend, I will be working with..vo cuts in
VO: What was the basis of this waiver? is it academic or what?.. Tel me about it.
Me: It was awarded due to my excellent academic profile, My SOP, test scores, vo cuts in.
VO: You took any tests, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT.
Me: Yes, I took the GRE and TOEFL.
VO: What was your score in the GRE?
Me: I had an aggregate score of 297, 150 in the quant, cuts in...oh don't worry, that's all I need to know. The total score. VO: You have siblings, how many of them do you have? How many boys and girls?
Me: 2 boys and 2 girls. All younger ones
VO: Where are they?
Me: Here in Nigeria..
VO: Anyone in the US?
Me: Not at all
VO: So who will take care of expenses?( I asked her to repeat on this)
Me: I have a full tuition waiver and my dad will take care of the rest.
VO: What does he do.
Me: He is a civil servant with the ogun state govt and owns ..vo cuts in again.
VO: How old are you?
Me: XY years old, wll be AB in October.
VO: What's your highest qualification?
Me: A higher national diploma
VO: Ooh you went to a polytechnic...
Me: That's correct ma
VO: What's your graduate course
Me: Industrial maint Engr tech
Me: In 2005...
VO: Ok good...btw the year you finished high sch and your polytechnic , What were you doing?
Me: Told her everything I did, she was patient here to hear my stories and at a point she just said go on, I just want to know all you did during those time( here I mentioned everything that reflects on my ds160 in this area, i could see she was asking those questions from my ds160)
VO: When did you graduate?
Me: March 2015
VO: What have you been doing since 2015 that you graduated?...
Me: I have been working at XYZ nig ltd, as a maintenance technician.
VO: So, Why are you going for this degree at this time?
Me: After my graduation from my first diploma, I set a career plan to work for a maximum of six years after then, then proceed for a higher degree and now I feel the time is right..bla bla bla, can't remember how I ended this ( I almost messed this up, God just helped keep the words coming).... And she returned my papers and held on to my passport and uttered some words.

Very nice transcript. Your Vo was in good spirit and that can make a big difference.

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ovieigho(m): 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2017
naijatisumi:
Boss, the worst part is I can't even post here again am so ashamed aswear

Reasons been that I prep my Wife for summer got her admission and even did mock interview for her just a week and she got it now in the US

Secondly have helped two of my friends going for same course and they got it ki

This last VISA interview tells me something is really wrong with me tho i don't really believe and supernatural powers except that i need to pray fast and trust in GOD

2nd Attempt

ME-Good Morning
VO-Good Morning

VO-Why are you going to the US
ME-To pursue my masters of science degree in Finance Management which is basically about effective and efficient management of funds,planning,organizing,directing and monitoring the resources of an organisation in order to achieve the optimal objectives and goals of the organisation

VO-So you a chattered Economics
ME- YES

VO-There is nothing like Chartered Economics
ME-Sir there is .... Institute of Chartered Economics Of Nigeria and its an umbrella body for professional Economics in Nigeria established in the year 1990 and even affiliated to an American University.

VO- Okay good...Please list recent Economics that won Nobel peace prize
ME- Damn I went blank and i knew I lost it and i just mention one stupid name Gregory Adams...He gave me blue paper sharperlly

I knew I bleeped UP and i went back to work on those lapses

But My 3RD AND 4TH ATTEMPT was nothing to right HOME about

VO- Goodmorning
ME- Goodmorning Mam

VO- Why are you going to the US
ME- I went blank , couldn't say a word not until she gave me a blue paper that my eye opened outside. I was DEAF and DUMB I dont wanna believe some peeps are against my plans...Have fasted, prayed , prepared.

4th Attempt couldnt speak OUT...Deaf and DUMB

I was just thing about my life where exactly did I went wrong...I work in a bank for 4years now, Was an SUG welfare director so no one can tell me I can't express my self

Lastly I woke up and saw Cobwebs where ever i pass

I need HELP seriously

Fast forward I was so prepared that i answered all questions on my head almost every time people questions me

baba I feel you! So sorry about ur failed attempt ,first u might get dump if u cram!! Cos I have a video I download on YouTube for practice ,so any time the lady ask questions i go dump all bcause I was ready to read lines that I have cramed...
Infact with your experience don't practice or study for the interview again.....go and do freestyle....u will be fine...

Also we cant take out the spiritual aspect..
Before I went to embassy I dreamt 2 tmes that somebody close to me had gone bfo me ..In another dream she was telling the V.O some negative things about me.....lolz that can only be revealed to u if u are in spirit....
My eyes see o.....lolz,
But seek God alone ...and alone.....
You will be fine.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OluDare01(m): 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2017
anodebeanthony:
My transcript is exactly what happened. I didn't remove or add.
I know the reason why they denied me was because of my SOA.
Sorry about that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Foreigntraveler: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
I'm a student from the US on research internship here in Lagos, Nigeria under a tourist visa (was I was specifically instructed to apply for) with intentions to be here for a total of 8 weeks. When applying for the visa my official letter of invitation and flight itinerary specifically state that i will be in the country for 8 weeks (2 months), yet when i arrived through customs at the airport in Lagos the office gave me a stamp that only permitted me to stay for 1 month. I tried to bring this issue to his attention and he told me that i would have to return to the to receive another stamp at an undisclosed price. Naturally i thought that it was a scam that I have been warned about prior to traveling. I brought this issue to a Nigerian man whose literal job is to take care of me and the students i traveled with and any legal issues that may arise for us. He said that he knew a guy who would be able to get a stamp for us for 35,000N (100 US dollars). This is the same amount that a fellow student is paying to extend his stay/visa here and I have no need to extend anything at all. I also have informed my professors and coworkers (at the university I am working at) about the situation and they all attempted to strongly persuade me not to pay any money as there was something very fishy going on. They are in the works of contacting persons they know at the immigration services in order to find the solution to my problem, it has been awhile and I haven't gotten a definite response. I am in assuming that receiving another 1 month stamp should be costing me money and if so how much should the action actually cost? Why didn't they allow me to be authorized to stay the entire 2 months like I asked?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Femmyy90: 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2017
Visa interview scheduled

On the 4th of Aug.... fear don dey catch me me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2017
Foreigntraveler:
I'm a student from the US on research internship here in Lagos, Nigeria under a tourist visa (was I was specifically instructed to apply for) with intentions to be here for a total of 8 weeks. When applying for the visa my official letter of invitation and flight itinerary specifically state that i will be in the country for 8 weeks (2 months), yet when i arrived through customs at the airport in Lagos the office gave me a stamp that only permitted me to stay for 1 month. I tried to bring this issue to his attention and he told me that i would have to return to the to receive another stamp at an undisclosed price. Naturally i thought that it was a scam that I have been warned about prior to traveling. I brought this issue to a Nigerian man whose literal job is to take care of me and the students i traveled with and any legal issues that may arise for us. He said that he knew a guy who would be able to get a stamp for us for 35,000N (100 US dollars). This is the same amount that a fellow student is paying to extend his stay/visa here and I have no need to extend anything at all. I also have informed my professors and coworkers (at the university I am working at) about the situation and they all attempted to strongly persuade me not to pay any money as there was something very fishy going on. They are in the works of contacting persons they know at the immigration services in order to find the solution to my problem, it has been awhile and I haven't gotten a definite response. I am in assuming that receiving another 1 month stamp should be costing me money and if so how much should the action actually cost? Why didn't they allow me to be authorized to stay the entire 2 months like I asked?

Well not to bad mouth my precious country....but Nigeria is not an organise society and there is a lot of extortion going on sadly ..although there still are a lot of good and trust worthy Nigerians

As for why you were not given the 2 months initally... sure in order to make you pay twice. Is that right nope but it does happen in this side of the world. We have a missing president and we are a developing nation so please bear with us cheesy . I get headache after a week in naija . For answers to your questions, someone in your team needs to liaison with nigerian or US immigration services. That the best source to respond

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.