Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (694994 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teminiyii(m): 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hey guys, I really want to say that this forum helped me greatly, my visa was approved today(7:45am) at the Lagos state embassy, after denying me a B1/B2 visa last year and also delayed at Abuja embassy last week Thursday a F1 visa but here I am today giving thanks to God Almighty for his love and mercy towards me. It was just pure favour and God's grace I received today. I also want to use this opportunity to thank Mrchillz, Ability247, blacnewton, eniolorunfe, Texrem, lagosismyhome and segun for ur contributions in one way or the other to the success of my visa. God will continue to bless u guys. Amen

My transcript goes this:
Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning nd how was urnyt.. fine
Vo: Tell me about ur travel plans
Me: I'm going for my masters degree in mathematics with a specialization in applied statistics at Cleveland state university... Am required to earn 36 credit hours over a period of 24months and I'll be taking courses like... Vo cuts....
Vo: Let's make it simple... what re u going for?
Me: Am going for my masters in...... as mentioned above
Vo: why Cleveland state university?
Me: I chose Cleveland state university cos their mathematics and statistics department offers a good research and curriculum that's inline with my career pursuit wch will be apathway to achieving my career goal as a data analyst.
Vo: what's ur research on?
Me: Developing a robust method for analyzing data also developing a user friendly software that offers flexibility for data manipulation.
Vo: what do u intend to do with this course?
Me: I intend to work in a telecom company due to rapid increase in phone users in Nigeria, my skills and experience gained will help in analyzing sales report and also make good market research that will be productive in helping my company make a better business decision.
Na so she start to read my Ds160 form for like 2mins the next thing wey I hear na the magic word oooo.... that ur visa has been approved.. e be like say na d only thing wey I hear be that.
Before the interview was just singing all things re working for my good and it's intention and indeed God made everything work for my good. You're a failure only wen u fail and u refuse to stand again... And put God first in everything even wen it seems that nothing is working trust me God is working. Thanks

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by peppo4live: 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
segunojo866:
I disappeared and run away from nairaland after two delay but now visa approved at the 3rd attempt in Lagos embassy at 7:00am appointment . Transcripting loading. Trying to charge my phone now. Thanks to walspring, texrem and others for support
Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
Teminiyii:
Hey guys, I really want to say that this forum helped me greatly, my visa was approved today(7:45am) at the Lagos state embassy, after denying me a B1/B2 visa last year and also delayed at Abuja embassy last week Thursday a F1 visa but here I am today giving thanks to God Almighty for his love and mercy towards me. It was just pure favour and God's grace I received today. I also want to use this opportunity to thank Mrchillz, Ability247, blacnewton, eniolorunfe, Texrem, lagosismyhome and segun for ur contributions in one way or the other to the success of my visa. God will continue to bless u guys. Amen

My transcript goes this:
Me: I'm going for my masters degree in mathematics with a specialization in applied statistics at Cleveland state university... Am required to earn 36 credit hours over a period of 24months and I'll be taking courses like... Vo cuts....
Me: I chose Cleveland state university cos their mathematics and statistics department offers a good research and curriculum that's inline with my career pursuit wch will be apathway to achieving my career goal as a data analyst.
Me: Developing a robust method for analyzing data also developing a user friendly software that offers flexibility for data manipulation.
Me: I intend to work in a telecom company due to rapid increase in phone users in Nigeria, my skills and experience gained will help in analyzing sales report and also make good market research that will be productive in helping my company make a better business decision.
Na so she start to read my Ds160 form for like 2mins the next thing wey I hear na the magic word oooo.... that ur visa has been approved.. e be like say na d only thing wey I hear be that.
Before the interview was just singing all things re working for my good and it's intention and indeed God made everything work for my good. You're a failure only wen u fail and u refuse to stand again... And put God first in everything even wen it seems that nothing is working trust me God is working. Thanks

Congratulations! That is fantastic news. All the best with your future schooling plans.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teminiyii(m): 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
Pls is dr anyone going to Cleveland Ohio or staying close to Cleveland in Ohio... pls I need accomodation ooooo. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by shakol91(m): 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
folmus:

Better take the second option. Sleep well in the terminal, lol. The queue in JFK is unpredictable. Goodluck.
Bro, I sent you a new pm but no reply.. Pls come to my aid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by akins2016: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
luzon:

Just update your profile with the corrected DS160 code and pray you have 3 working days between the update and youR appointment. You then reprint your appointment page that tallies with the ds160 and take to the embassy.
If it doesn't get to three working days even if your profile is updated to tally, it won't tally with their manuscript they have at the checks. You will be turned back to reschedule.
From an experienced forumite grin

So do you know if the person turned back had to pay another visa fee ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by shakol91(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
folmus:

Better take the second option. Sleep well in the terminal, lol. The queue in JFK is unpredictable. Goodluck.
Bro, I've sent you another pm, but no reply yet... Pls come to my aid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
adey2014:
i know this doesnt concern me but i think there sud be respect of personal opinions. its totally uncalled for to say this such of statements to another person. if you dont appreciate my point of view, simply discard it rather than calling others names and all. i believe we are all matured and we sud act that way. thanks, just offering my own "two cents" as other people say

You should save your breath, some people don't really have lives outside of the web. They thrive on saying "shocking" stuff online to validate themselves and make themselves feel better. What can you do? I would save my breath for more important things.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
smithutomi:
hello everyone,
please I need your advice. my flight will be arriving at JFK by 3.25pm. I want to make booking for greyhound bus scheduled for either (5:15pm or 10:15pm). i don't know how long I will spend at the airport POE. so please, which of the time (5:15pm or 10:15pm) do you suggest I book for?...looking forward to your response.
Regards

That's is 1hour 50 minutes if you take the 5.15 .......... Too close , mainly because flight can be delayed , then before you wait for luggage , queue ,POE , find your way from JFK by train to greyhound, lost small as JJC ... You most likely would miss it, end up being very tensed and stressed . If it was a smaller airport or greyhound was outside the airport maybe but JFK and train no ... JFK can be busy sometimes

BTW, you transcript still loading sad ... why na

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oloniyan(m): 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
jidearizona:
Am a silent follower of this trend
All thanks to God my visa was approved this morning 8:15
july 25
Jackson college Michigan
Bsc in Energy system management
Vo:good morning
Me:good morning sir
Vo:pass me ur passport and i20...i passed it
VO:you are going for a degree in energy system management why
Me: wen i was younger ave always wanted a career in an energy field and studying energy system management would give me an edge in achieving my career goals
Vo: looking at me straight in d eyes me self i look am back i no carry eye commot they will always wana test fear but u have to prove them wrong.
Vo:are you married
Me:no sir
Vo:Have you travlled out of Nigeria before
Me:no i have not had any reason to until now
Vo:what degree do you have
Me:none i ended high school in 2014
Vo:what have you been doing since then
Me:i volunteered in helping my uncle who is into solar panel installation and i had alot to know of how it is been done.
Vo:ok
Vo:where would you be working after ur degree
Me:didn't expect dis i just said there is an energy company located at ikeja where light bulb is been produced and I'll love to work there..
Vo: your father is sponsoring you what does he do
Me:he is a successful business man he has dangote cement depo at agbara and ogun state and he is into importation of building materials for government and private sectors
Vo:ok ur visa has been approved get dis bla bla bla i no wait here am now i believe me wen approved visa applicants say they are always deaf because me self turn deaf boi collect the paper talk thank you sir..... No documents was asked even tofel or sat
All thanks to God after prayer nd fasting with vigils...
Nd thanks to Teedawg and Akandary they gave me enough mock drilling
I appreciate
Please note always be confident no fear dey re not God dem be human...

congrats bro I've PMed you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
shakol91:
Bro, I've sent you another pm, but no reply yet... Pls come to my aid.

Check again. No message. Chebi I don give you the requested materials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by onicemus1(m): 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
segunojo866:
I disappeared and run away from nairaland after two delay but now visa approved at the 3rd attempt in Lagos embassy at 7:00am appointment . Transcripting loading. Trying to charge my phone now. Thanks to walspring, texrem and others for support

Finally.. congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ardedaryor(m): 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by segunojo866: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
Glory be to God almighty Finally got approved . What a wonderful day. No time, am not the transcript posting type but will quickly drop this one. Ignore all those hustler trying to stample my documents. Enter the embassy and did all clarification. Can really remember the window number but was interviewed by that White man with bears. Vo: have i interviewed you before. Me: no sir. Vo: how many schools did you applied to? Me: four. VO : why cwu. Me: I choose cwu because i was awarded an academic merit scholarship which makes the tuition fee very affordable for my parents. Furthermore i also ( VO cut in) what qualify for this scholarship. Me: my excellent grades from highschool transcript and also my tests scores. Vo: who is sponsoring you. Me: my dad. Before know I will be approving your bla bla bla and gave me the special paper. It's all God. Never give up. Imagine it's my 3rd attempt but God did it

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NefT: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
I have been a silent follower of this forum. Regrettably, I  have been delayed a Visa this morning at the US consulate for the 6:30a.m appointment. My greatest fear actually came to pass; I was denied on the basis that I already hold a masters degree in Chemical Engineering and that why would I want to go for another masters degree‎. 

The Consular Officer did not give me time to express myself and she asked me to apply for a PhD degree if I am serious about studying in the US. I actually thought about this when CGU offered me admissions for masters of engineering in bio-pharmaceutical processing instead of a PhD.
It is not that I did not prepare well but the question caught me unawares, perhaps I did not pay close attention that this might likely be the starting point of the conversation. I have been following this thread casually since last year August but with enthusiasm by November. Although I applied lately for Phd in chemical engineering at Steven's Institute of Tech, Uni of Tulsa, michigan Tech with denial from all perhaps due to the late application.
I have sent a mail to CGU that my Visa application was denied, this school was not actually part of my plans but I became interested because the school has strong industrial collaboration for internship and not only that, the Amgen bioprocessing centre ABC of the institution which has state of the arts facilities was donated by Amgen which is among the top 5 biotech company in the US. The Executive Vice President of biomarin pharmaceutical(a top biotech company in the US) which is also a big biopharmaceutical company is the chairman of the advisory committee of the ABC. The school also have centre for biomarkers research and centre for rare disease therapy.
Moreover, the curriculum is just amazing which comprises both the Technical and the Regulatory & Business aspect of the industry which actually help one to acquire skills and knowledge on how to set up your own biotech firm if you are the business oriented type and of course the small class size.
It is a rigorous 2year program with a 60 credit unit hours.
I applied late to schools because the first GRE on the 15/01/2017 was not competitive enough 300, Q150 V150. I had to write another one Q158 V152 April which is quite late. My Bachelors CGPA is 3.47/5 while that of Masters GPA is 4.07/5.
Although I contacted the 3 schools above that I will only consider a funded offer and I was asked to go ahead with the application. Meanwhile I had already applied to Univ of Illinois, Vanderbilt Uni and MTU using the first GRE score which was flatly rejected; I later got to know that the schools are highly ranked institution. MTU advised that I reschedule a test and write the GRE again, i later got to know that they hardly fund PhD students.

Conversation:
I could not remember if I greeted her, the old lady that did the finger print thing at the extreme
VO: what is your highest educational degree
ME: Masters Degree
VO: when did you graduate?
ME: you mean the Bachelor's or Masters
VO: I mean your last degree
ME: February 2016
VO: why another Masters?
ME: I stammered which is very unlike me, I couldn't come up with something concrete, I was scared, although I didn't portray it, I tried to pick up myself. I was motivated by my current job role which actually involve working in a pharmaceutical company, I failed to elucidate further on this. And I intend to set up a biotech company in the future, trust I wasn't articulate and I was hoping she will move to another question where I felt I was well prepared for.
VO: I am sorry bla bla......... handed me my passport with the blue paper..... if u are ready to pursue your study in the US you can apply for a PhD degree.
ME: I was shocked even with my $20000 scholarship trying to explain, I just said to myself move on the blue paper had been issued already. Trust the entire process is barely 3 minutes, it was brief. The American dream clear for my eyes! I was not happy left gallantly but dejected and I said to myself, if it is PhD admission you want I will get you just that. I must also admit I wasn't articulate and the reasons I gave was not a strong one.
Honestly, I didn't know what came over me, this is unlike me, I can't stand disappointment. It really sucks..I have written the school because I got to know lately that they have an industry sponsored PhD program in bioprocessing. I asked if they can offer me new I-20 for this same Fall term or possibly the Spring Term which I doubt they accept intake. Mind you for chemical engineering coming to bioprocessing the Track will have u taken some courses like Molecular basis of disease, molecular biology and genetics, biochemistry, pharmaceutical based therapeutics, mammalian cell culture, principle of bioprocess design and practice, bioprocess engineering principle, principle of bioreaction,entrepreneural financing, finance and accounting principle, a team design project and an optional research project in bioprocessing entrepreneurship and bioprocess business plan, quality control and assurance, CMC regulations,laboratory and workshop courses, regulatory and other business courses. I have actually highlighted these courses to show that there is is quite a number of differences between this masters of bioprocess and the traditional Chemical engineering masters I already have. Do i have a strong chances of approval if i should reshedule an interview; one can not rule out the fact some of this VOs are not science oriented and might not be patient to listen to your jargons. I am actually brainstorming for a catchy and subtle answers I could give next time should I decide to reschedule. This course is actually a hybrid of chemical engineering, biotechnology,biochemistry and cell biology and the likes; i will actually be trained in process modelling and scale up of biological based drugs and therapies such as vaccines, human growth homones, tissue plainogen activator, insulin, monoclonal antibody for auto immune disease and cancers, etc. A chemical engineer should understand me better. Will a VO be willing to listen to all this explanation? Or better still i should tell the VO that I applied for a PhD but was given a masters admission to complete all the biological science prerequisite courses before I can enroll for the PhD after I must have completed a Masters degree with a satisfactory grade? Will the VO reckon with the latter. If the school refuses to issue a new I-20 for PhD i might be forced to apply to new schools this coming Spring because really there is no time to wait for Fall; I am already 30. Age is crucial in anything you doin life. I need help!!!! Should i refire and apply again possibly next week. Orientation starts by 14 August and class will commence 29 August. I need constructive feedback from Gurus on this thread on what I need to do, I presently work in a pharmaceutical but not biopharmaceutical/biotech company with 3 years experience I graduated 2010 November for Bsc, Masters Feb 2016.

Forgive my errors, I didn't actually proof read the post....

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by segunojo866: 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
Glory be to God almighty Finally got approved . What a wonderful day. No time, am not the transcript posting type but will quickly drop this one. Ignore all those hustler trying to stample my documents. Enter the embassy and did all clarification. Can really remember the window number but was interviewed by that White man with bears. Vo: have i interviewed you before. Me: no sir. Vo: how many schools did you applied to? Me: four. VO : why cwu. Me: I choose cwu because i was awarded an academic merit scholarship which makes the tuition fee very affordable for my parents. Furthermore i also ( VO cut in) what qualify for this scholarship. Me: my excellent grades from highschool transcript and also my tests scores. Vo: who is sponsoring you. Me: my dad. Before know I will be approving your bla bla bla and gave me the special paper. It's all God. Never give up. Imagine it's my 3rd attempt but God did it

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
mudi1012:
The school sent it through the email and when i asked why they didn't reply, that was how i used a printed copy to go to the Embassy ,why is it going to be a problem at the POE ?...

Print out the email correspondences and hold it with you at POE, both the one that sent you the I-20 and the one where you asked the question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by D2rain: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
folmus:

64k is Visa fee, Blue paper is visa denied/delayed.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
smithutomi:
hello everyone,
please I need your advice. my flight will be arriving at JFK by 3.25pm. I want to make booking for greyhound bus scheduled for either (5:15pm or 10:15pm). i don't know how long I will spend at the airport POE. so please, which of the time (5:15pm or 10:15pm) do you suggest I book for?...looking forward to your response.
Regards

3:25pm is paper time. You have no idea the actual airline delays you will experience. New York traffic has been talked about here. Factor that in + POE. I will use the 10:15pm if it were me. Greyhound allows you to use an earlier bus schedule if you arrive on time when the earlier bus is not fully booked. They do this at no extra cost.

All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by successflow(m): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
oguguo11:
Visa approval today. Thanks to everyone here. God bless u all.
Had an 8:30 appointment. Fast forward to the interview.
Vo: good morning with a smile.
Me: good morning
Vo: tell me about Murray State University
Me: msu is a school in Kentucky that has exceptional curriculum in Osh.that provides *he cuts me off*
Vo: why post baccalaureate
Me: all international students are required that as a prerequisite to studying msc osh
Vo: year of graduation
Me: 2007
Vo: y this long to get a msc
Me: to obtain relevant experience and to set out area of concentration that suits my personality
Vo: length of employment
Me: 7
Vo: what school did u graduate from
Me: esut
Vo: sponsor
Me: my dad chief***** CEO of ******** deals on oil and gas and real estate
Vo: martial status
Me: engaged with a kid
Vo: traveling experience
Me:no
Vo: standardized tests Gre or Gmat
Me: Gre
Vo: am approving your visa pick it up..... I did hear the remaining because of joy
Goodluck to other upcoming visa applicants
Anyone heading my way or at msu. Please pm me. Successflow , please reply ur mail. Haven't heard from you. Cheers
Congrat bro at last you choose MSU how I wish my visa was approved at the same institute,but God knows the best, save journey.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
NefT:
I have been a silent follower of this forum. Regrettably, I  have been delayed a Visa this morning at the US consulate for the 6:30a.m appointment. My greatest fear actually came to pass; I was denied on the basis that I already hold a masters degree in Chemical Engineering and that why would I want to go for another masters degree‎. 

Hello. I'm sorry to hear about the denial. I find it to be very strange that you would be rejected for having one masters already. The only reason I can think of is that your first masters looks very similar to the masters you are going in for.

If money is not an issue, I think you can re-apply for next week and you should strongly think of what story to tell for applying for another masters that appears similar to what you already have.

It is well! God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
mudi1012:
Hopefully you're going to find out soon ....Lol grin grin grin

I see you are one of those low esteem worshippers of men

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
NefT:

I would say to go again. This is your first time. You might meet another Vo who would totally understand. It's important to craft a good answer to the question of why another Masters degree because it's likely to come again. What you were already thinking sounds like a good answer to me. You applied for a Phd but you were offered an MSc so as to complete some courses...
Pray very well as well and fast if you can.
While you are doing this, you may also be looking at the possibility of Phd admission for Spring 18. PhD intake in spring is usually rare but there may be one or two available. Most importantly for now, focus on going again and do you best to answer that question. You may use google to check up reason for "why dual masters degree or double masters degree". You might find some solid reasons you can use.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mojohnny(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello guys.
My sister is going for her interview tomorrow.
She applied to only one school for her masters and she got in.
Please what's the best response she can give.
Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gaviria: 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

So you are the Twoods that has human brain but thinks like a snail?
You have bad manners. I took the liberty of going through your previous posts and I saw you're an attacker/bully. You're no better than the person you're subbing so please kindly go radio silent again because the period you haven't been around this place has been relatively peaceful.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by danalad(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
Teminiyii:

My transcript goes this:

You can over prepared. Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by danalad(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
Teminiyii:

My transcript goes this:

You came over prepared. Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2017
segunojo866:
hahahha grin thank God oooo..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mojohnny(m): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please any help or pointers will be highly appreciated.
mojohnny:
Hello guys.
My sister is going for her interview tomorrow.
She applied to only one school for her masters and she got in.
Please what's the best response she can give.
Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.