Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,034 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:49 AM

What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo (5517 Views)

What Islam Says About Pre-marital Medical Examination / What Islam Says On Masturbation. / What's Islam View On Mouth Action? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Empiree: 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
Today however, many muslims are turning away from these prophetic medicines bcus of a new ideology in town tagging every shirk and bida. This is the reason muslims are lacking in medicine too. Imagine a muslim is sick in nigeria, all we do now is sicking orthodox medicine at non mslim hospitals. Whats the purpose of those prophetic?. Are they redundant?

So like I said earlier, where the line is drawn is what islam forbid. People used to perform ruqya (iwosan) pre-islam. When islam came they continue with the same thing but this time, they asked nabi if the practice was correct. Read what nabi(saw) said

It is permissible to read the Quran and blow on water and then drink it or perform Ghusl (ritual bathing) with it, as there is evidence for this in many Prophetic narrations, and it is confirmed that many Companions may Allaah be pleased with them did it.

For instance Imaam Muslim may Allaah have mercy upon him reported that 'Awf Ibn Maalik Al-Ashja'i may Allaah be pleased with him narrated, "We used to perform Ruqyah (Quranic healing) in the pre-Islamic era, and we asked the Prophet , 'What do you think about it?’ He , replied: ‘Show me how you perform Ruqyah,’ (and then) he , said: ‘There is no harm in performing Ruqyah [your way] as long as it does not include associating anything with Allaah.’" [Muslim]

Blowing in water after reciting the Quran is not an act by which one associates partners with Allaah. Dont alawo also blow in water?. Dont they recite incantation in water?. You see clearly the appearance is the same. Call it juju or voodoo, that is linguistic meaning. But the essence is different. See the blue highlight what nabi(saw) said which means for as long as whatever you are doing does not contain haram thing and no shirk involve, no problem. So calling alfas (not crazy ones that kill people) alawo is rather silly far as i am concern.

There are more like this in prophetic sunnah medicines like reciting kursiy 15x in water and taking the water to river bank and wash your head. Dont alawo do the same?. Why are we scared to do this today and why calling people who practice this names?. I dont understand
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
Sterope:

Quite alrght, if their dictionary menaings men something different BUT when people use those words, they would be referring to people who practiced traditional religions.

Why do you try so hard to be really annoying? Must you call Muslims who criticise voodoo and juju hypocrites because of a linguistic misunderstanding? Is your life story that bad? Hian!undecided

I didn't call them hypocrites because of misunderstanding of voodoo it is because they also practice voodoo, all these praying into water or honey, using beads, solat, ritual bath, killing rams etc are all voodooish just that it was fashionized. The more reason I said foreign religion has damage traditional religion, they have brainwashed people into thinking traditional religion are dealing with an evil force and making their own pure.

E.g Esu which we Yoruba call Satan in Quran is not the same as Esu of Yoruba religion. They are totally different, Esu of Yoruba is a God of justice that protect people not the devil. A deluded folk called Ajayi crowder came and change the character of Esu into a devilish being, wicked character when he was translating the bible and Muslims also adopt this rubbish. I just feel pity for these traditional people for what foreign religion has paint their Gods.

Anything traditional people practice is evil from jins, demon but anything Muslim or christian practice is from a pure good god, that is very bigotry.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Sterope(f): 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2017
They don't know that all they do can be classified as voodoo. You know that they don't know. I know that they don't know. I would never have known if not for your post. The OP sef didn't know what the word really meant. In fact, most people don't sef including English native speakers. So why then would you call them hypocrites? I believe that it is your bias that caused that mistake because if you had tried to understand the issue. You would not have used that term.

I know very much about the whole Esu perception in Yoruba religion versus Abrahimic religions. I keep telling you that you are late to this knowledge. Better believe it mister.

I quite agree that it is unfair we see pagans as evil people because in reality they are only worshipping whay they believe in. Unless of course, they try to harm others with it, that is when the real yawa is.

tintingz:
I didn't call them hypocrites because of misunderstanding of voodoo it is because they also practice voodoo, all these praying into water or honey, using beads, solat, ritual bath, killing rams etc are all voodooish just that it was fashionized. The more reason I said foreign religion has damage traditional religion, they have brainwashed people into thinking traditional religion are dealing with an evil force and making their own pure.

E.g Esu which we Yoruba call Satan in Quran is not the same as Esu of Yoruba religion. They are totally different, Esu of Yoruba is a God of justice that protect people not the devil. A deluded folk called Ajayi crowder came and change the character of Esu into a devilish being, wicked character when he was translating the bible and Muslims also adopt this rubbish. I just feel pity for these traditional people for what foreign religion has paint their Gods.

Anything traditional people practice is evil from jins, demon but anything Muslim or christian practice is from a pure good god, that is bigotry.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
Empiree:
Dont even know why this is an issue. We have in islam practices of medicines (not orthodox) or as in modern medicine. For instance, there is a comprehensive book which consists of prophetic medicines many of which, if you muslims put them into practice locally, they will resemble so called alawo. This is linguistic and practical appearance which resemble alawo, juju, voodoo. But in essence, they are different.

For instance, there is a hadith which talks about "black seed is a cure for all diseases except death". Taking the hadith literally would mean chewing black seed as it is. But a muslim needs to put into practice how to use black seed for various ailments. E:G, black seed oil may be used for bald, cough, premature ejaculation, but did the nabi(saw) explain this?. no. So alawo also use black seed and the process may look the same with muslims. Where the line is drawn is alawo may decide to spice things up by adding human blood, beer or any haram things that islam forbids etc. But muslims would refrain from that.

If unfaithful muslim adds beers etc to it, he is not less a muslim but a bad one. We dont call them kufar bcus of that unless he take steps further like killin human, mixing human blood with it and believe it has divine power to cause somethign to happen. This may be a red line.

So this isnt different from orthodox medicines and their processes. Get over it
Thanks for being honest and accepting Islam also consist of some voodooish practice.

In traditional practice not all use human blood for their rituals, they also have their ewos(forbidden), they have good and bad among them.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Empiree: 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
tintingz:
Thanks for being honest and accepting Islam also consist of some voodooish practice.

In traditional practice not all use human blood for their rituals, they also have their ewos(forbidden), they have good and bad among them.
You have a long way to go. Alawo's voodoo/juju are already nullified by their aqeeda altogether bcus there is no Shahada in their bucket list. They have multiple gods like ancient arabs' 360 gods. Get it?.

Islam is not frown upon using any means for iwosan so long as it is all halali in our fathers's voice cheesy
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 8:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Very good. It is better to make your research before making your conclusion or even most of your assumptions.
Lol, OK sir. Actually my theories are not assumptions but the theory of what as been lay down by experienced people.
So I personally wants to do practical research. cool

What you are showcasing these days is synonymous to most atheists. They admit they don't know. Admit they've never had experience of supernatural occurrences yet have the guy to discard them as none existent. That's not how things work. Do you research..do you fuckíng research tongue tongue
I am not an atheist but I will speak for them on this.

The reason they discard supernatural existence is because it can't be proven, the ideology of atheism is to prove something. They read from thier scholars theories and experience. Secondly they have challenge spiritual people to prove supernatural, at least the sun can be proven to be up there but can a spiritual person prove he saw an Angel on a tree? It is illogical to them to just accept what that can't be proven.

I watched a video on YouTube, about a spiritual priest and an atheist in a debate, the atheist challenged the priest to kill him with his supernatural power in front t of the camera, the priest did all his jitsu, voodoo but the athiest did die he was just laughing. Now that's a public challenge which a spiritual person can't prove so why won't athiest discard supernatural?

BTW, hope rain no enter your house? angry grin grin
I live on mainland not island, so rain no enter my house. grin
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
Sterope:
They don't know that all they do can be classified as voodoo. You know that they don't know. I know that they don't know. I would never have known if not for your post. The OP sef didn't know what the word really meant. In fact, most people don't sef including English native speakers. So why then would you call them hypocrites? I believe that it is your bias that caused that mistake because if you had tried to understand the issue. You would not have used that term.
I didn't made them hypocrites, it is their bias, lack of research that made them hypocrite. The fault is not on me but I had to tell them they are hypocrites.

I know very much about the whole Esu perception in Yoruba religion versus Abrahimic religions. I keep telling you that you are late to this knowledge. Better believe it mister.
Lol, late to this knowledge? Giving example of some things doesn't mean I just know of it madam. smiley

I quite agree that it is unfair we see pagans as evil people because in reality they are only worshipping whay they believe in. Unless of course, they try to harm others with it, that is when the real yawa is.

Yes, in every group there are black sheep.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
Empiree:
You have a long way to go. Alawo's voodoo/juju are already nullified by their aqeeda altogether bcus there is no Shahada in their bucket list. They have multiple gods like ancient arabs' 360 gods. Get it?.

Islam is not frown upon using any means for iwosan so long as it is all halali in our fathers's voice cheesy
OK sir.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Sterope(f): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
Almost everyone sees voodoo and juju has something traditional worshippers do including native English speakers Regardless of dictionary meaning, it is what it is in reality. I doubt if you know what you are talking about.

By knowledge, I was talking about your awareness of religions. Your problem is that you keep acting like you are the first person to be aware, acting like a child about it. You must have started from a very dark place, really?undecided

tintingz:
I didn't made them hypocrites, it is their bias, lack of research that made them hypocrite. The fault is not on me but I had to tell them they are hypocrites.

Lol, late to this knowledge? Giving example of some things doesn't mean I just know of it madam. smiley

Yes, in every group there are black sheep.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Rilwayne001: 9:20pm On Jul 09, 2017
tintingz:
Lol, OK sir. Actually my theories are not assumptions but the theory of what as been lay down by experienced people .

So, basically, you don't know, but you think you know those who know and therefore believe them, isn't it?

personally wants to do practical research. cool

This is what you ought to have done instead of discarding things you have no idea of. Truth is, the limit of what we know are narrower than what we would ever think. Like you, I have my doubts as well, but one needs to keep making research (even though we still can't know all) instead of discarding what we have no knowledge of.

I'm very sure if i had narrated how someone used juju on me, you'll find like most nairaland atheist to discard it.. Lol.

I am not an atheist but I will speak for them on this.

Meanwhile, take note that not all atheists don't believe in supernatural and using science as cover for their wanton ignorance. We have spiritual atheists.

The reason they discard supernatural existence is because it can't be proven,

Yet again, you are ignorant of what atheism is all about yet have the gut to speak for them.

Not all atheist discard supernatural existence, only those lazy ones using science as cover. What atheists discard is the existence of God.

You should add this to the research you are going to do. wink

the ideology of atheism is to prove something. They read from thier scholars theories and experience.

Interesting. So in other words, atheists now have their alfas and pastor they receive sermons from, Abi what now is the difference between them and a religious person? . grin interesting indeed.

So you on the other hand, where do you read your theories and experience from?

Secondly they have challenge spiritual people to prove supernatural,

Again read more about atheism.

And besides, supernatural is everywhere. Religious people tell you that all that exists are as a result of a supernatural being with supernatural attributes, can you deny this? If yes, what explanation do you have for all that exists?

I will like you to tell me how the human eye, as complex as it is came to be without a supernatural occurrence..

at least the sun can be proven to be up there

But did you bother to ask yourself how the sun got there? I guess you didn't. Did the sun all of a sudden just appear there? These are questions you ought to be asking, not about angels. It's until you tell us how all how all these happened before we talk about angels on the tree. Lol

but can a spiritual person prove he saw an Angel on a tree? It is illogical to them to just accept what that can't be proven.

Wow, I very much like the above. I Will surely come back to this.

I watched a video on YouTube, about a spiritual priest and an atheist in a debate, the atheist challenged the priest to kill him with his supernatural power in front t of the camera, the priest did all his jitsu, voodoo but the athiest did die he was just laughing. Now that's a public challenge which a spiritual person can't prove so why won't athiest discard supernatural?

He wasn't the one that gave him the life and so cannot possibly take it just like that. I really don't see any biggy in this.

I live on mainland not island, so rain no enter my house. grin

Thought you were in Lekki too, I for say, hope you are not currently swimming in your street..lol
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Empiree: 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Interesting. So in other words, atheists now have their alfas and pastor they receive sermons from, Abi what now is the difference between them and a religious person? . grin interesting indeed.

lol
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 1:30am On Jul 10, 2017
Rilwayne001:

So, basically, you don't know, but you think you know those who know and therefore believe them, isn't it?
Lol, those that know give an experiments samples for their theories which is open for everyone e.g science.

This is what you ought to have done instead of discarding things you have no idea of. Truth is, the limit of what we know are narrower than what we would ever think. Like you, I have my doubts as well, but one needs to keep making research (even though we still can't know all) instead of discarding what we have no knowledge of.
Because we have no knowledge of some phenomenon means it is some divine entity? We evolve in knowledge and the gaps are closing up.

I'm very sure if i had narrated how someone used juju on me, you'll find like most nairaland atheist to discard it.. Lol.
Why not tell us your experience.

Meanwhile, take note that not all atheists don't believe in supernatural and using science as cover for their wanton ignorance. We have spiritual atheists
Spiritual atheist? That's illogical. Atheism is about the rejection of believing in supernatural entity. If there are spiritual atheist he/she falls under agnostic atheism or agnostic theism.

Being an athiest and believing in supernatural is illogical and contradictory.

Yet again, you are ignorant of what atheism is all about yet have the gut to speak for them.

Not all atheist discard supernatural existence, only those lazy ones using science as cover. What atheists discard is the existence of God.

You should add this to the research you are going to do. wink
God is a supernatural entity and athiest don't believe in it. Don't confuse atheism with agnostic theism.

If an atheist said he/she believes in supernatural like souls, ghost, demons and cant prove it then he/she has shoot himself in the foot. There might be spiritual atheist I'm not denying that as many of them use the universe, stars for their spirituality, but the ones that claim they dont believe in diety but believe in souls, ghost, demon are contradicting themselves.

And atheism don't have any doctrine, codes of conduct or law they are bound to.

Lol, note, religion has rules, commandments, moral codes, laws they are bound to which religious clerics used in thier sermon, atheist read books, watch lectures of scholars to gain knowledge they don't take it as divine, they can reject it or accept it.

At least there are popular atheist like Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitches that funny man. cheesy

So you on the other hand, where do you read your theories and experience from?
Books, lectures, debates and experience i came accrossed.

Again read more about atheism.
I think you're the one to read more about atheism as you're confusing the spiritual ones to thier group.

And besides, supernatural is everywhere. Religious people tell you that all that exists are as a result of a supernatural being with supernatural attributes, can you deny this? If yes, what explanation do you have for all that exists?
Firstly before I answer you, which of the supernatural being created all that exist and why?

So let's tip this logical argument, if a supernatural being which is the first cause create "all" that exist then the rules also apply to the supernatural being since its "exist", who create the supernatural being, or let me say what cause the first cause and why do you conclude that the first cause is a god?

I will like you to tell me how the human eye, as complex as it is came to be without a supernatural occurrence.
Natural selection.

But did you bother to ask yourself how the sun got there? I guess you didn't. Did the sun all of a sudden just appear there? These are questions you ought to be asking, not about angels. It's until you tell us how all how all these happened before we talk about angels on the tree. Lol
The sun which is a star came about 4.5 billion years ago from a gas from mathematical and measurement experiment done on it, now tell me the experiments done on angels y'all folks believe in. cheesy

Wow, I very much like the above. I Will surely come back to this.
Ok

He wasn't the one that gave him the life and so cannot possibly take it just like that. I really don't see any biggy in this.
A spiritual person believes they can take people's life by communicating with their supernatural force since they believe in souls.

But he failed.

Thought you were in Lekki too, I for say, hope you are not currently swimming in your street..lol
Lol, funny you. grin
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 1:45am On Jul 10, 2017
Sterope:
Almost everyone sees voodoo and juju has something traditional worshippers do including native English speakers Regardless of dictionary meaning, it is what it is in reality. I doubt if you know what you are talking about.

By knowledge, I was talking about your awareness of religions. Your problem is that you keep acting like you are the first person to be aware, acting like a child about it. You must have started from a very dark place, really?undecided

The reason you and your fellows are thinking like this @bolded is because I'm the only opposition here(Islam section) and y'all can't take the heat.

There are a lot of people with different ideology in religion section.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Sterope(f): 4:49am On Jul 10, 2017
You know quite well that we have had id.iots over the years but yours take the cake. Why should you bother us about your new found toy? When I said that you are still horrible, I was right on point. You are still the same horrible human being you were when you were a Muslim. Your obsession and ignorance know no bounds. Did you really think all these realisations are new or special that you wouldn't stop trying to force them down our throats or stoop so low to make us feel stu.pid because of our choices? You made your choice, good for you. We have made ours, good for us. You can let us be.

These people with lots of different ideologies acting all rightoues against other ideologies are also very stu.pid. Whether they are in the Islam section or not, it doesn't make any one of you less stu.pid. Leave people be with their religious views and get a life.

tintingz:
The reason you and your fellows are thinking like this @bolded is because I'm the only opposition here(Islam section) and y'all can't take the heat.

There are a lot of people with different ideology in religion section.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 6:30am On Jul 10, 2017
Sterope:
You know quite well that we have had id.iots over the years but yours take the cake. Why should you bother us about your new found toy? When I said that you are still horrible, I was right on point. You are still the same horrible human being you were when you were a Muslim. Your obsession and ignorance know no bounds. Did you really think all these realisations are new or special that you wouldn't stop trying to force them down our throats or stoop so low to make us feel stu.pid because of our choices? You made your choice, good for you. We have made ours, good for us. You can let us be.

These people with lots of different ideologies acting all rightoues agaisjbtother ideologies are also very stu.pid. Whether hey are in the Islam section or not, it doesn't make any one of you less s stu.pid. Leave people be with their religious views and get a life.

I won't reply you because you're always a red herring in every thread I am.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Sterope(f): 7:45am On Jul 10, 2017
Look at the hypocrite that can't take the heat too grin

See it goes both wayssmiley

tintingz:
I won't reply you because you're always a red herring in every thread I am.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 8:05am On Jul 10, 2017
Sterope:
Look at the hypocrite that can't take the heat too grin

See it goes both wayssmiley

I know your tactics, you love red herring, distracting an argument of a thread with personalities.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Sterope(f): 8:14am On Jul 10, 2017
Ouch! You missedsmiley

Try someone who is tired of your whining cowardly selfundecided

I don't come to Islam section to see you bitching about how righteous and smart you are now because you discovered information that has been in existence since like 'always'undecided.

You are not a Muslim, so move on. Get a life. Your obsession is nauseating. You made a choice. Stick with it. Don't force it down our throats.

tintingz:
I know your tactics, you love red herring, distracting an argument of a thread with personalities.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 8:27am On Jul 10, 2017
Sterope:
Ouch! You missedsmiley

Try someone who is tired of your whining cowardly selfundecided

I don't come to Islam section to see you bitching about how righteous and smart you are now because you discovered information that has been in existence since like 'always'undecided.

You are not a Muslim, so move on. Get a life. Your obsession is nauseating. You made a choice. Stick with it. Don't force it down our throats.
Forcing down on your throat, are you a baby? grin If you can't handle the heat move on to the next thread or simply ignore.

There are Muslims in religion section forcing down their beliefs on people's throat, I guess you don't have problem with that. undecided
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Sterope(f): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2017
This is the islamic section for muslims not whining lil cowards. So if there is anyone that should move, it is yousmiley.

I know. I have tried sometimes but then I don't visit those sections. They deserve whatever they get. You deserve whatever you get.

tintingz:
Forcing down on your throat, are you a baby? grin If you can't handle the heat move on to the next thread or simply ignore.

There are Muslims in religion section forcing down their beliefs on people's throat, I guess you don't have problem with that. undecided
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 9:06am On Jul 10, 2017
Sterope:
This is the islamic section for muslims not whining lil cowards. So if there is anyone that should move, it is yousmiley.

I know. I have tried sometimes but then I don't visit those sections. They deserve whatever they get. You deserve whatever you get.

Why not come and move my asś? cool

I can post any f***** where I want as long as ain't breaking the rules.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Rilwayne001: 9:07am On Jul 10, 2017
tintingz:
Lol, those that know give an experiments samples for their theories which is open for everyone e.g science.

The question is, are all these experiments reliable? An example of how most of these scientists would go any length to perpetuate their theories is the Piltdown Man. You can as well read here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3731455/The-mystery-Piltdown-Man-solved-Charles-Dawson-fake-human-fossil-probably-hoax.html

And besides, most of this claimed experiments that you are trying to clinge on to are not fact, most are theories. I hope you know a theory is not the same thing as fact.

Because we have no knowledge of some phenomenon means it is some divine entity? Why not tell us your experience.

You'll find excuse to discard it. Lol
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Sterope(f): 9:22am On Jul 10, 2017
Rightsmiley

You are welcome to post anywhere8)
tintingz:
Why not come and move my asś? cool

I can post any f***** where I want as long as ain't breaking the rules.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Rilwayne001: 9:30am On Jul 10, 2017
Spiritual atheist? That's illogical. , Atheism is about the rejection of believing in supernatural entity. If there are spiritual atheist he/she falls under agnostic atheism or agnostic theism.
Being an athiest and believing in supernatural is illogical and contradictory.
God is a supernatural entity and athiest don't believe in it. Don't confuse atheism with agnostic theism.

If an atheist said he/she believes in supernatural like souls, ghost, demons and cant prove it then he/she has shoot himself in the foot. There might be spiritual atheist I'm not denying that as many of them use the universe, stars for their spirituality, but the ones that claim they dont believe in diety but believe in souls, ghost, demon are contradicting themselves.

Atheism is a lack of belief or a strong disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods and not what you are trying to define up here.

Here is a spiritual atheist https://www.nairaland.com/post/40097842

And besides, 80% Chinese are atheists ie they lack belief in God or Gods and yet believe in spirits and so on. What do you call them then?

Firstly before I answer you, which of the supernatural being created all that exist and why?

This shouldn't be the bone of contention. The bone of contention is a supernatural being did. can you deny this? If yes, what explanation do you have?

So let's tip this logical argument, if a supernatural being which is the first cause create "all" that exist then the rules also apply to the supernatural being since its "exist", who create the supernatural being, or let me say what cause the first cause and why do you conclude that the first cause is a god?

God is an ETERNAL being. You can't create an eternal being.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Rilwayne001: 9:34am On Jul 10, 2017
Natural selection.

tintingz, I will like you to educate me on this natural selection.

Thank you.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 9:50am On Jul 10, 2017
Rilwayne001:

The question is, are all these experiments reliable? An example of how most of these scientists would go any length to perpetuate their theories is the Piltdown Man. You can as well read here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3731455/The-mystery-Piltdown-Man-solved-Charles-Dawson-fake-human-fossil-probably-hoax.html
The Piltdown man has been discovered to be hoax, fake in 1953 by scientists, this is the transparency in science, your experiments are work on by other scientists before agreeing on a term while some are still debate on.

... But in religion you can't experiments on some things, you just have to accept it with faith.

And besides, most of this claimed experiments that you are trying to clinge on to are not fact, most are theories. I hope you know a theory is not the same thing as fact.
There are facts and theories in science, e.g evolution is fact agreed by all scientists even Muslim scientists. There are still experiments that are still theories, it doesn't mean they can't be fact in coming future. hypothesis/theory doesn't mean an experiments is not a fact, science definition of theory is different from common meaning.

You'll find excuse to discard it. Lol

At least let hear it and see if it was real or a trick or false assumption.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 11:22am On Jul 10, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Atheism is a lack of belief or a strong disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods and not what you are trying to define up here.

Here is a spiritual atheist https://www.nairaland.com/post/40097842
Lol, even atheist disagree with spiritual atheism in that thread. I have visit their site. Spiritual atheism are deist or agnostic atheist, spiritual atheism is illogical and contradictory. Some Muslims and Christian claim they are deist or atheist Muslims/Christians do you agree with them?

Spiritual atheism are deist, I wonder why they keep using spiritual atheism. cheesy

Atheism is lack of believing in god yes, is god not a supernatural entity? Are souls, ghost, demon not creation of god? If god doesn't exist to them how then ghost, souls, demon exist? A spiritual atheism should prove souls, demon and see how he will shoot himself on foot.

Spiritual atheism according to their site are spiritual about the universe (not a personal god) which deist also believe in(universe).

There site>>> http://www.centerforabetterworld.com/SpiritualAtheism/about-spiritual-atheism.htm

And besides, 80% Chinese are atheists ie they lack belief in God or Gods and yet believe in spirits and so on. What do you call them then?
They are more like deist and their god is like a deist god that has no affair with humans. Chinese believe in superstitions that's bound to their culture but not count it as divine like the way Abrahamic religion do, so from western view Chinese are seen as atheist-like.

This shouldn't be the bone of contention. The bone of contention is a supernatural being did. can you deny this? If yes, what explanation do you have?
There is no evidence a supernatural being did something, it was just written in some tale books without no evidence. The more reason I asked which of the supernatural being?

You can't just suddenly be in side of Obatala as creator or do you?

God is an ETERNAL being. You can't create an eternal being.

if God is eternal this violate the premise that God is the first cause. According to a notion the universe is also said to be eternal.

And besides there is no evidence there is an eternal being that has emotions, it is just man-made concept.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Natural selection.

tintingz, I will like you to educate me on this natural selection.

Thank you.
Natural Selection started as an organism ( cells) and mutate into various traits, the reason humans have two eyes with other animals was because of limitation in evolutionary process while some specie evolve in different traits like the spider that has 6-10 eyes, some animals eyes have two but tiny or large.

I'm not an evolutionary biologist to explain in scientific way, but I understand the whole theory.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
Rilwayne001.

There is a thread in religion section of an ex atheist now a pantheist who believe God is UNKNOWN and I asked him if God is UNKNOWN why should we care about something UNKNOWN, he then said the UNKNOWN wants we humans to puzzle about him so that life won't be boring(now that's a pleading), and i further ask does it mean the UNKNOWN care about humans that he doesn't want us to be bored?

Till date he hasn't answer the question, he knows am about to hook him. grin

1 Like

Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Rilwayne001: 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
tintingz:
Natural Selection started as an organism ( cells) and mutate into various traits, the reason humans have two eyes with other animals was because of limitation in evolutionary process while some specie evolve in different traits like the spider that has 6-10 eyes, some animals eyes have two but tiny or large.

I'm not an evolutionary biologist to explain in scientific way, but I understand the whole theory.

How can you explain our complicated eyes with this natural selection?

I'm not asking why we have two eyes and spiders having 8. No. I'm asking how can the theory of evolution explain how this human eye evolved?

Another thing I want you to think about is consciousness. how can ToE explain consciousness?
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by Rilwayne001: 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
tintingz:
Rilwayne001.

There is a thread in religion section of an ex atheist now a pantheist who believe God is UNKNOWN and I asked him if God is UNKNOWN why should we care about something UNKNOWN, he then said the UNKNOWN wants we humans to puzzle about him so that life won't be boring(now that's a pleading), and i further ask does it mean the UNKNOWN care about humans that he doesn't want us to be bored?

Till date he hasn't answer the question, he knows am about to hook him. grin

grin grin grin That billionaire guy right,? I've not really been paying attention to him sha.
Re: What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo by tintingz(m): 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
Rilwayne001:

How can you explain our complicated eyes with this natural selection?

I'm not asking why we have two eyes and spiders having 8. No. I'm asking how can the theory of evolution explain how this human eye evolved?

Another thing I want you to think about is consciousness. how can ToE explain consciousness?
This question have been answered by different scientist, biologists about the development of the eye.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/01/1/l_011_01.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_development

Consciousness does not prove a god exist if you're trying to go that direction, we die we go unconscious makes concept of god go non exist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things They Wont Tell You About Islam (infidel Christians, Atheists, Pagans Etc) / Islamic New Year Calendar (Hijrah 1440AH), What you should know? / When Will Ramadan 1443H Start?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.