Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

5 Signs Of A Good Workplace - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace (11576 Views)

5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview / Isn't This The Best Answer On Why You’re Leaving Your Current Workplace? / Cleaner's Son Gets Employed At Her Workplace (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by JARUSHUB: 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
There is nothing better than working in a good company, that will not only give you a chance to grow but help you attain career fulfillment. There are some signs to look out for when searching for such a good company. This list isn’t exhaustive but contained here are some of those signs. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 of them.

Calm and Productive Atmosphere

It’s easier to be productive and get work done in the workplace environment, when the atmosphere is calm and productive, and there are virtually no visible signs of fear, domination, harassment or intimidation. In a good workplace, the right of every employee is respected and there is space and a conducive environment to work as efficiently as you can, with all the resources you need adequately provided.

There is Flexibility

There is flexibility, when the company is ready to accept change and work towards positive changes. The management understands that ‘change is the only constant thing’, and works with that to improve their practices and keep the organization relevant. The company has programmes to help accommodate new trends and technology, and also promote the incorporation of new skills. Employees constantly have opportunities to learn, improve on their existing skills and better themselves.

There is Positive Reinforcement

The company understands the place of corporate gestures of acknowledgment, appreciation and gratitude in motivating employees. They offer genuine compliments, rewards, bonuses, raises, promotions and certificates of achievement to help employees feel appreciated and continue to be motivated to keep up the good work.

Importance is Placed on Health and Family

A standard health insurance plan is offered to employees, and in cases of requests for sick leaves, employees aren’t given such a hard time and it’s not such an uphill task. In addition, the company also values family, gives time for and considerations to family-related issues like maternity leaves, family emergencies, vacations etc.

Low Turnover
This factor is very important in judging how much of a good workplace a company is. If you notice that a sizeable number of people that work for the company hardly stay for long and leave unexpectedly after a short period of time, it might signal that such a workplace is not good one. On the flip side, if people tend to stay for a reasonably long period of time before eventually either moving up the management ladder or moving on to other ventures, then it’s probably a company with a good working culture and practices.

Source: http://www.jarushub.com/5-signs-of-a-good-workplace/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by okey4reel(m): 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2017
JARUSHUB:
There is nothing better than working in a good company, that will not only give you a chance to grow but help you attain career fulfillment. There are some signs to look out for when searching for such a good company. This list isn’t exhaustive but contained here are some of those signs. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 of them.

It’s easier to be productive and get work done in the workplace environment, when the atmosphere is calm and productive, and there are virtually no visible signs of fear, domination, harassment or intimidation. In a good workplace, the right of every employee is respected and there is space and a conducive environment to work as efficiently as you can, with all the resources you need adequately provided.

There is Flexibility
This is exactly how my workplace is

There is flexibility, when the company is ready to accept change and work towards positive changes. The management understands that ‘change is the only constant thing’, and works with that to improve their practices and keep the organization relevant. The company has programmes to help accommodate new trends and technology, and also promote the incorporation of new skills. Employees constantly have opportunities to learn, improve on their existing skills and better themselves.

The company understands the place of corporate gestures of acknowledgment, appreciation and gratitude in motivating employees. They offer genuine compliments, rewards, bonuses, raises, promotions and certificates of achievement to help employees feel appreciated and continue to be motivated to keep up the good work.

A standard health insurance plan is offered to employees, and in cases of requests for sick leaves, employees aren’t given such a hard time and it’s not such an uphill task. In addition, the company also values family, gives time for and considerations to family-related issues like maternity leaves, family emergencies, vacations etc.

Low Turnover
This factor is very important in judging how much of a good workplace a company is. If you notice that a sizeable number of people that work for the company hardly stay for long and leave unexpectedly after a short period of time, it might signal that such a workplace is not good one. On the flip side, if people tend to stay for a reasonably long period of time before eventually either moving up the management ladder or moving on to other ventures, then it’s probably a company with a good working culture and practices.

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by NE555: 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
Nice one Op
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by okey4reel(m): 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2017

3 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by coliobabs(m): 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
nice 1
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by kaydp: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
The turnover here ehn is massive to say the least
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by Alexbrain(m): 6:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by hemartins(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
Good pay and juicy incentives also should make the list.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by TheVictorious(m): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
Lonadek described
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
hemartins:
Good pay and juicy incentives also should make the list.
I agree.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by Bisjosh(f): 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
Funny enough, my company has these qualities

Wawu!!!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by Ias1: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
If you don't see plenty cars in the parking lot, run

4 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by nemynely(m): 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
Point 3 which borders on positive reinforcements is one area most management teams overlook. To think they (mgt) are cutting salaries, owing several months in salary arrears, promoting no one, no talk of salary raise etc, In this time of recession and soaring prices of goods & services is to say the least callous and plain insensitive!
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by dingbang(m): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
Just pay me my salary on the stipulated day.. Dats all I ask.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
Add mothercare room, bar and smoking arena
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by AngelicBeing: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2017
Keneking:
Add mothercare room, bar and smoking arena
Plus coffee and snack room tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by Basilona(m): 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
okey4reel:

Bros...Help a brother out. make I forward my CV to you na embarassed
okey4reel:

Bros...Help a brother out. make I forward my CV to you na
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by Kurisigamo(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
5 signs of a good workplace..

1. Fat Salary
2. fat salary
3. FAT salary
4. Fat sAlaRy
5. I said FAT SALARY !!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by madjune(m): 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
OP must be kidding.

Can an afonja man work in a calm place?

Na Oshodi spirit dey rule them.
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by cindybaby22(f): 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
Nyce one
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by cindybaby22(f): 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
Kurisigamo:
5 signs of a good workplace..

1. Fat Salary
2. fat salary
3. FAT salary
4. Fat sAlaRy
5. I said FAT SALARY !!!!!!
Lol
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
Ias1:
If you don't see plenty cars in the parking lot, run

Funny but actually true.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
dingbang:
Just pay me my salary on the stipulated day.. Dats all I ask.

I must ask how long you have been working ? Cause there are some companies that actually will pay you a fortune but you will with your own hand sign your resignation letter to escape their toxic environment.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by dingbang(m): 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

I must ask how long you have been working ? Cause there are some companies that actually will pay you a fortune but you will with your own hand sign your resignation letter to escape their toxic environment.
just pay me my money bro...
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by toprealman: 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
JARUSHUB:

There is Flexibility

Low Turnover

Next time, mention good Health safety and environment.....covers all the point you listed.
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
I'm happy to work in that kind of place.
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by humblemikel(f): 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
Not applicable in Nigeria
Nigeria work environment is very degrading
Last month I used all my savings for two years to treat myself in the hospital, ( no health insurance)
Only to come to work the next day to meet the evil lady that call herself Boss frowning all day just because I didn't come to work the previous day. She didn't ask how my health is. The bottom line is, no one, I said no one care if u live or die....all the care about is u making millions for them to pay u peanuts. This country is damn.
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by generaluthman: 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
IT'S HIGH
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by umuna(m): 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2017
OgidiOlu3:
I agree.
it is there already, under postive reinforcement.
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by patosky3310(m): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2017
okey4reel:

You must be an oil worker then.
Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
JARUSHUB:

There is Flexibility

Low Turnover

By these standards, especially the last point, KPMG is a terrible place. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace by MYDEBBY(m): 11:17am On Jul 08, 2017
Very good write up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EMFRICA Air-cargo Logistics Training / NB Plc Recruiting Mgmnt Trainees, Shift Manager Trainees- Packaging, Brewing / Current Recruitment At SHELL, 2nd May, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.