Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,431 members, 7,800,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody (14213 Views)

Sex For Marks: OAU VC Gives Update On Prof. Akindele / OAU VC, Ogunbodede, Speaks On Sex For Mark Scandal By Richard Akindele / N1bn Allowance: EFCC Summons OAU VC, Bursar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by Ashleyma77(m): 9:51am On Jul 08, 2017
kenton:
Elujoba was acting VC for less than two years how much could he possibly have stolen in that time? Akeredolu on the other hand has been a key player in OAU Finance administration. I gained admission into OAU in 2009 she was the Director of Finance then, I graduated in 2014 and left her as the Bursar of the school so she can be held accountable for misappropriation of funds alongside Professor Bamitale Omole which was the former VC, not Professor Anthony Elujoba.

Wow!!.hello to you too....I'm equally tempted to ask,do u actually think it takes years for misappropriation of funds to occur,and are u actually and seriously basing his innocence on his length of time as acting VC?.
I like this man also,but let us use reasonable and intelligent facts to determine his supposed innocence.thanks.
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by proffemi: 9:52am On Jul 08, 2017
Dotng:
We all know how the system works. Mafia bosses are rarely jailed for the vices they commit through others. A number of them are jailed for being in possession of money that they did not pay taxes on. Those that know where the bodies are buried have disappeared or are part of those that will influence the probe or have exploited the weakness of the system to cover their tracks. Usually, those who are caught are those who are not smart.

Dotng, don't resort to this weak defense.
This is a university that works primarily on Committee system (even if the committees can often be tele-guided), not some Sicilian enclave.
We should not be quick to rubbish people's reputations.

Fine, we believe (as I did for a time) that Omole and co were guilty of all manners of illegalities. God so good, we got an opportunity to set up task forces (populated primarily by staunch anti-Omole people) run by members of Senate. They have unfettered access to all the records. At the end of the day, the "evidence" they come up with in every case of note is shaky, or easily refuted.

I have to ask: at what point do we accept that perhaps the malfeasance was not as much as we thought?? I believe that you, as a person, would like to keep your reputation. How would you feel if people ran roughshod over it? Would the excuse that you did not do well in office be sufficient to justify people rubbishing a name you spent your entire career building?

Imagine this was you, man!

1 Like

Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by olubams: 10:10am On Jul 08, 2017
Proffemi, I have read your responses so far and I am convinced that it is nothing short of being objective. All the news of Elujoba being nice to people was because of the allowance he paid and nothing else. But the issue is from which source did he get the money? Some have argued that the money was there lying fallow, then I asked who has the right to determine whether its lying fallow or not?

This is a fund that started in 2012 to raise endowment fund of 20billion for the infrastructural development of OAU since federal government is not releasing enough funds for capital expenditure. Various alumni contributed to that fund including freshers when you check the break down of their fees when they resume.

Come to think of it, that payment might not even offset the allowances and then they continue to deplete the fund to zero until there is nothing left in that account to be used for the purpose it was set in the first place.

Ever since this matter began, a leader should not compromise LEGALITY and MORALITY I see they declare lecture free day to show support, how many days will they declare for the entire trial.

Shouting Omole, Faborode are corrupt is not going to stand based on hear say. If you have evidence, write a petition and I am surprised that even task force set up didn't find anything concrete to nail those people.

1 Like

Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by Ashleyma77(m): 10:15am On Jul 08, 2017
GambaOsaka:

Mr man... Think before you type. You don't have to advertise your ignorance, we know you are ignorant already, so save yourself the stress.

We , the stake holders of OAU, are out to enlighten the public on the truth because we are part of the system and we don't want the public to be misguided, by ignorant elements like you of course, on the person of Prof. Elujoba and OAU at large.

Never has there been any strong unity between ASUU and NASU as it was in Elujoba's time.

He paid a backlog of unpaid arrears that was just lying in the school's account (waiting to be devoured by thieves).

He actualized the promotion of hundreds of staff memebers, both ASUU and NASU . Promotion that has lingered for several years.

He exposed to staff members some hidden funds that are available for research, staff development etc

He ensured the improved living standards of students. Most times he personally went to dirty toilets in Awo, Fajuyi, and PG halls to supervise the work.

At the end ...... you open your mouth and said you know his family "personally".... ehnnn go use that one collect money from bank... mtshew.

I've never seen a VC leave office and people clamouring for him to stay put and not leave.

Listen to reason,man.
The fact that a person did all these things in his short tenure doesn't in any way exonerate him from the charges.i could perform my duties perfectly and still have dirt in the background,or where u part of the financial management team of the university.
I don't believe he did anything,but that's sentimental,that's left for the court to decide,witch-hunt or not.
I am very sure the man will want to be defended intelligently. And remember,the fact that a Nelson Mandela did all that he did for south Africa,should not mean he is not to appear in court to face charges of misappropriation.A COURT APPEARANCE IS NOT A COURT JUDGEMENT.
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by Dotng: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2017
proffemi:

Dotng, don't resort to this weak defense.
This is a university that works primarily on Committee system (even if the committees can often be tele-guided), not some Sicilian enclave.
We should not be quick to rubbish people's reputations.

Fine, we believe (as I did for a time) that Omole and co were guilty of all manners of illegalities. God so good, we got an opportunity to set up task forces (populated primarily by staunch anti-Omole people) run by members of Senate. They have unfettered access to all the records. At the end of the day, the "evidence" they come up with in every case of note is shaky, or easily refuted.

I have to ask: at what point do we accept that perhaps the malfeasance was not as much as we thought?? I believe that you, as a person, would like to keep your reputation. How would you feel if people ran roughshod over it? Would the excuse that you did not do well in office be sufficient to justify people rubbishing a name you spent your entire career building?

Imagine this was you, man!
I appreciate your response. At least it helped to clarify some issues.

1 Like

Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by onyxo76(m): 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
Florblu:
And Prof. Bamitale Omole is still walking as free man
i tire ooo, which kain useless justice system do we have in this yeye country, a man that doused the tension in oau then is now in chains... o ga ooo
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by Florblu(f): 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
onyxo76:
i tire ooo, which kain useless justice system do we have in this yeye country, a man that doused the tension in oau then is now in chains... o ga ooo

Immunity fall on Omole
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by onyxo76(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
GambaOsaka:

Mr Man.... you are the one spewing trash. Together with everyone who has commented against the former VC.
This is a man who brought sanity to OAU when a serious crisis was on ground. He cleaned up the messy acts of the omole administration that was riddled with corruption and embezzlement.

If you doubt me, ask anybody in OAU, be it student, teaching and non teaching staff, even the popular town igboro drivers felt his impact.

This is a witchhunt orchestrated by the Omole-Salami group.

Even the current VC was fully onground at the court proceedings to render support for Elujoba.

#FreeElujoba
its a witch hunt no doubt, one of the former principal officers has a brother in EFCC who is alleged to be calling the shots in this case....hmm nothing must happen to my ever humble former VC ooo

1 Like

Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by Lordtunji(m): 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
fernandez1:
Yahoo yahoo VC

keep shut Jare, its not compulsory you comment on issues you know nothing about, Prof Elujoba is the best VC OAU had in years, hr enjoyed the support of students and staffs alike, he is just being victimized by the former VC Prof Omole. OAU is behind Elujoba
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by onyxo76(m): 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
Lordtunji:

keep shut Jare, its not compulsory you comment on issues you know nothing about, Prof Elujoba is the best VC OAU had in years, hr enjoyed the support of students and staffs alike, he is just being victimized by the former VC Prof Omole. OAU is behind Elujoba
no mind am looks like he is typing from uni of Maiduguri , its better you keep your lips together instead of saying rubbish about elujoba
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by proffemi: 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
Dotng:

I appreciate your response. At least it helped to clarify some issues.
Thanks. I'm a sucker for candour, so I just can't help being impressed by this response.
All the best bro!
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by wellmax(m): 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
GambaOsaka:

Mr man... Think before you type. You don't have to advertise your ignorance, we know you are ignorant already, so save yourself the stress.

We , the stake holders of OAU, are out to enlighten the public on the truth because we are part of the system and we don't want the public to be misguided, by ignorant elements like you of course, on the person of Prof. Elujoba and OAU at large.

Never has there been any strong unity between ASUU and NASU as it was in Elujoba's time.

He paid a backlog of unpaid arrears that was just lying in the school's account (waiting to be devoured by thieves).

He actualized the promotion of hundreds of staff memebers, both ASUU and NASU . Promotion that has lingered for several years.

He exposed to staff members some hidden funds that are available for research, staff development etc

He ensured the improved living standards of students. Most times he personally went to dirty toilets in Awo, Fajuyi, and PG halls to supervise the work.

At the end ...... you open your mouth and said you know his family "personally".... ehnnn go use that one collect money from bank... mtshew.

I've never seen a VC leave office and people clamouring for him to stay put and not leave.

Trash still.
If you are a Ife graduate, Pa Ilésanmí would be so ashamed of you, talk more of Prof Elujoba. Your pointless rant won't severe my relationship with his family.
What I'm saying, I will at again. He has been accused of wrong doing, this petition was written by someone in Ife. Prof is ready to clear his name at the court.

You see this is the problem with the youths in Nigeria, a public servant is called to account for funds spent during his time in office, ignorant youths like you will come up to say o he did so and so, he was so nice, he is a philanthropist bla bla bla.
Being active n public service DOE NOT preclude you from siphoning funds or giving account of your stewardship.
I hope you finally understand there simple facts and stop your "he developed this place and that place"
Nonsense.
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by wellmax(m): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
Dotng:

He is already in court and will defend himself. It is because of people like you who do not know facts of case and how it is being twisted that we are having a repeat of the Yaradua era. The previous Vice Chancellors stole the University blind and the EFCC did not prosecute them because they were on the side of power. The person that brought sanity to the institution and saw to the well-being of the workers is now being prosecuted. You will not comment on such imbalance in administration of justice but you deem it fit to accuse people of defending him blindly. The people who are on ground in Ile-Ife are well acquainted with the case and do not need the court of law to tell them what they already know. It is a clear case of of perversion of justice when the EFCC will arraign someone for paying staff salaries and collecting furniture allowance while those who looted the university blind are walking freely.

If you have any petition against any former Oau VC, why not submit to EFCC? Jobless youth
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by GambaOsaka: 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
wellmax:

Trash still.
If you are a Ife graduate, Pa Ilésanmí would be so ashamed of you, talk more of Prof Elujoba. Your pointless rant won't severe my relationship with his family.
What I'm saying, I will at again. He has been accused of wrong doing, this petition was written by someone in Ife. Prof is ready to clear his name at the court.

You see this is the problem with the youths in Nigeria, a public servant is called to account for funds spent during his time in office, ignorant youths like you will come up to say o he did so and so, he was so nice, he is a philanthropist bla bla bla.
Being active n public service DOE NOT preclude you from siphoning funds or giving account of your stewardship.
I hope you finally understand there simple facts and stop your "he developed this place and that place"
Nonsense.

Guy go find work do....
Haba......
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by fernandez1(m): 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
U must be mad

Lordtunji:

Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by Dotng: 12:04am On Jul 10, 2017
wellmax:

If you have any petition against any former Oau VC, why not submit to EFCC? Jobless youth
You must take me for one of the children on this forum. I will not bother to insult you in return. I am content with my discussion with those who have something meaningful to say. You have no idea who I am. But by your post I know where your type is headed. Have an eventful trip.
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by wellmax(m): 12:20am On Jul 10, 2017
Dotng:

You must take me for one of the children on this forum. I will not bother to insult you in return. I am content with my discussion with those who have something meaningful to say. You have no idea who I am. But by your post I know where your type is headed. Have an eventful trip.

Trash. Who the f**k are you, do you know who I am? Common bigmanism syndrome in Nigeria. Look, I don't mind sharing my full identity on this forum.
You asked why past VCs have not been investigated. Let me lecture you, EFCC mainly acts on verifiable petitions written to it's office. There is one against prof Elujoba, they have acted. I trust and believe prof will clear his name. If you or anyone has petition against other past VCs or any person(s), kindly write to EFCC. You don't sit in idle and scream "what of so so and so" . That would be childish.
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by Dotng: 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
wellmax:

Trash. Who the f**k are you, do you know who I am? Common bigmanism syndrome in Nigeria. Look, I don't mind sharing my full identity on this forum.
You asked why past VCs have not been investigated. Let me lecture you, EFCC mainly acts on verifiable petitions written to it's office. There is one against prof Elujoba, they have acted. I trust and believe prof will clear his name. If you or anyone has petition against other past VCs or any person(s), kindly write to EFCC. You don't sit in idle and scream "what of so so and so" . That would be childish.
It is a verifiable fact that the less cerebral one is the more the person insults others. I have made no claim as to who I am. This is your second post where you have shown lack of capacity to present your point of view without including insults. That is the forte of immature minds.
I am more concerned about social justice than the childish adventure you are embarking upon. For your information I am quite acquainted with Omole more than you may know and I don't really know Elujoba. I have no dog in this fight!
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by wellmax(m): 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
Dotng:

It is a verifiable fact that the less cerebral one is the more the person insults others. I have made no claim as to who I am. This is your second post where you have shown lack of capacity to present your point of view without including insults. That is the forte of immature minds.
I am more concerned about social justice than the childish adventure you are embarking upon. For your information I am quite acquainted with Omole more than you may know and I don't really know Elujoba. I have no dog in this fight!

And where is the insult.
You asked rhetorically Do you know who I am , and I needed to answer you.
I am glad you have admitted that You do not know Elujoba, so why the fuss, why carrying e placards in his defence.
Let the courts do their job, allow Elujoba defend himself. That is my point.
Whether online or offline, take away 'do you know who I am' from your vocabulary.
I am more Ife thank you can ever imagine.
Re: Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody by Lordtunji(m): 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
fernandez1:
U must be mad

why sud I even reply you? undecided
fernandez1:
U must be mad

why sud I even reply you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely / Evolution: People Then And Now(Funny Photos). / University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.