Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Stages/signs Of Breakup In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stages/signs Of Breakup In A Relationship (733 Views)

You See This Relationship, We Die There” – Screenshots Of Breakup Chat. / I’m In A Verge Of Breakup. Please Help / Lady Runs Away As Boyfriend Stages Fake Police Raid To Propose. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stages/signs Of Breakup In A Relationship by SweetWJ(m): 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
These are the painful stages of breakups.
Breakups are really rough. They are tough to bear and that’s just true for anyone. No mature person goes into a relationship with the expectations that things are going to end badly. A lot of us get into relationships with people filled with optimism, hope, and noble intentions. That’s why it can be incredibly devastating when all the dreams and expectations that we set for our relationships just come crashing down on us without mercy.
For some people who are lucky enough, they are able to brace for the emotional turmoil that comes with breakups. They see when the breakups are about to happen whenever things start feeling a little off in the relationship. There are subtle changes in the dynamics of the relationship that signal the end is drawing nearer and nearer. Not only do the dynamics of the relationship change, but you might see some alterations in the personality of your partner as well.
So yes, it’s perfectly possible for you to “predict” your breakup if you know just how to read the signs. While it doesn’t fully take away the pain and disappointment of having to break up, at least the expectations can help ease the blow a little bit. When you get blindsided by a breakup, it just becomes all the more difficult to get over it when it’s all said and done.
So in order to prepare yourself more, you have to gain an awareness in the relationship for whenever you feel like the love is just slipping away. There are certain stages that these doomed relationships go through before the actual breakups happen. Whenever you see that your relationship is going through these stages, then you are faced with two choices: it’s either you do your best to salvage what’s left of your relationship and try to still make it work by turning things around or you just accept what you think is the inevitable and just brace yourself for incoming doom.
1. You give up on fights even before they happen.
The strongest kinds of couples are never afraid to have occasional fights. They know that conflicts and confrontations are important aspects of communication. They aren’t insecure about having difficult discussions with one another because they know they have the kind of love that can withstand all kinds of conflict. But in your case, the relationship has become so fragile and unimportant that it’s just not worth the stress to engage in fights with each other anymore not matter how petty.
2. There is a drop in your sex life.
That’s always a quick and clear indication that something is wrong with your relationship. There’s no denying the importance of having a health and active sex life in relationships these days. When there is a sudden dip or alteration in your sex routine as a couple, then you can bet that something is really off. Couples who are genuinely in love will always be up for some fun sexual explorations with one another.
3. The very sight of your partner repulses you.
You know that something is off in the relationship if the sight of your very own partner just disgusts you. In a typical loving relationship between two people, one would always be excited and aroused at seeing one’s significant other. However, in your case, you are just so fed up with the toxicity and negative vibes that your partner brings into your life. The relationship no longer brings you the joy and butterflies that you once felt when you were first starting out. Instead, it brings you anxiety and stress.

4. Either you or your partner try on new looks.
This is a subtle sign that you’ve both already checked out of your current relationship. You want to shake things up in life and you can’t think of a better subject than yourself. You are starting to try on some new looks and changes to your appearance to symbolize your renewed perspective on life. Your new look represents a refreshed view of the world and on how you see yourself
5. You just stop putting in the effort in the relationship.
You have totally withdrawn all of the investments that you made in your relationship. You are no longer invested in whether your relationship will succeed or fail at this point. You are emotionally checked out and it shows with how you conduct yourself. You don’t really make an effort to promote the harmony and the love in the atmosphere of your relationship anymore. It really doesn’t make any difference to you if you choose to break up or not.
6. You spend less and less time with each other.
You don’t allot time for each other anymore. Time is a precious commodity and you’re no longer willing to give it up for a person who doesn’t mean much to you. You’re no longer willing to sacrifice your time for a relationship that is practically doomed anyway.

Talk to me
Have you been through this? Let me know in the comments below!
Re: Stages/signs Of Breakup In A Relationship by tosyne2much(m): 9:54pm On Jul 07, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Stages/signs Of Breakup In A Relationship by mgdimagaladima(m): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2017
I just booked a space..let me as my girlfriend if its true

1 Like

Re: Stages/signs Of Breakup In A Relationship by johncallidon(m): 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
OK

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Know If Your Girlfriend/spouse Is A Player / My Fiancee Cheat On Me I Caught Her Red Handed, / Game Time Romancelanders!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.