Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,870 members, 7,798,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Why Do We Even Need The Eucharist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Even Need The Eucharist? (722 Views)

Pls Who's Going To Scoan? I Need The Faith Bracelet. / Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God / URGENT: I Need The Responses Of Mature Holy-ghost-filled Christians!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Even Need The Eucharist? by MIKKYIJEGE(m): 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
The Eucharist is, for Catholics both a meal and a sacrifice. The Lord gave us the Eucharist at the Last Supper because he wanted us to share in the life of the Trinity, the loving communion of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We become united to God at our Baptism, and receive a further outpouring of the Holy Spirit at our Confirmation. In the Eucharist we are nourished spiritually, brought closer to God, again and again: “By eating the Body and drinking the Blood of Christ in the Eucharist we become united to the person of Christ through his humility,” write the bishops. They remind us of the words of Jesus in John’s Gospel: “Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him” (Jn 6:56). This meal of fellowship and unity, though, also is understood as a sacrifice. Why is that? Because Jesus died for our sins. Human sin was so great that we could never share fully in the life of God. Jesus came to reunite us. The Bishop write, “Through his death and resurrection, he conquered sin and death and reconciled us to God. The Eucharist is the memorial of this sacrifice. The Church gathers to remember and to re-present the sacrifice of Christ in which we share through the action of the priest and the power of the Holy Spirit.
To read more on this topic and other catholic related issues, go to:www.catholicteachings-mikkyijege.blogsport.com

(1) (Reply)

Church Offerings In Relation To Nigerian Looters(political Thieves) / Soyinka Wants Orisa Worshippers To Visit Yar’adua / Agnostic Atheism. They Dont Believe That Juju Is Existing: How True Is That?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.