Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored (31054 Views)

Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra / Server Room & Data Center Environmental Monitoring Systems / Server Room & Data Center Environmental Monitoring Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by R0ckefeller: 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ehiscotch:

Smartypants, GOOGLE "GOOGLE's DATA Center".
It is spread all over USA. Don't be acting smart when you are just plain ignorant and you can just google.
abeg boss tell am and not only in usa it is spread all over the world.
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by shortgun(m): 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
IpobExposed:
Nairaland will be bigger than Facebook if only they can ban all the IPOB miscreants on this forum, calling people afonja and causing hate
you don't reason like an adult. Nairaland will lose koneu without Ipob.
Do you know the amount of traffic that nairaland gets because of Ipob and Biafra related stories here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by k199192: 3:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
IpobExposed:
Nairaland will be bigger than Facebook if only they can ban all the IPOB miscreants on this forum, calling people afonja and causing hate

Think! If NL has 100 users and "IPOB miscreants" are 5, how does banning them make NL bigger?

soln.
100-5=95
NL will reduce by 5.
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by bayulll011(m): 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
lofty900:
Zuckerberg has the largest social network in the world yet he's not satisfied. He just wants to acquire any social network that is trying to make name for themselves. He now has Instagram and whatsapp and now he's fighting to either takeover snapchat or kill it completely. This shows that man is never satisfied. I still wonder how twitter managed to survive the mighty Facebook. Twitter is sweeter than Facebook cheesy

u wanna know why twitter survive.

they simply ignore facebook and unperturb with what facebook does.

he also tried to buy twitter as i said,they just ignore him

1 Like

Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
Seun:

If you don't have the skills to have created this forum, what makes you think you have the skills to turn this forum into the Facebook of Africa?
jeez! Please sir what actually is behind your wisdom? As in i love the way you answer questions but please try to start going to church to worship the God you has made you and this forum great.
#i'm_Loyal_to_Nairaland.
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by madjune(m): 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
So wey Nairaland fridge come dey?

Abi for Ota farms?
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by hopkinsnoni(m): 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Monopoly bro, monopoly

lofty900:
Zuckerberg has the largest social network in the world yet he's not satisfied. He just wants to acquire any social network that is trying to make name for themselves. He now has Instagram and whatsapp and now he's fighting to either takeover snapchat or kill it completely. This shows that man is never satisfied. I still wonder how twitter managed to survive the mighty Facebook. Twitter is sweeter than Facebook cheesy
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by badbreathcure101: 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Is still bafles me why nairaland is still where it is, or has seun left it for one of his village brothers to be managing?

Nairaland has gotten to a stage where we can connect with people with more than just dms and emails, we should be able to share photos and videos and even lots more. It would even attract more people to invest in it not just advertize with it. I know one of the bigest challenge would be electricity but then he should find a way to beat that

1 Like

Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by kehnderson(m): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
Divay22:
OK
IS THAT ALL U CAN SAY?
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by kehnderson(m): 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
I am impressed[b]I am impressed[/b]I am impressed
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
bayulll011:

u wanna know why twitter survive.

they simply ignore facebook and unperturb with what facebook does.

he also tried to buy twitter as i said,they just ignore him
Facebook is much bigger than twitter, they might end up buying twitter in the future

1 Like

Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
badbreathcure101:
Is still bafles me why nairaland is still where it is, or has seun left it for one of his village brothers to be managing?

Nairaland has gotten to a stage where we can connect with people with more than just dms and emails, we should be able to share photos and videos and even lots more. It would even attract more people to invest in it not just advertize with it. I know one of the bigest challenge would be electricity but then he should find a way to beat that
listing the above things you should remember that Nairaland is a forum and not a social media

though i rep my own social media @ http://zedchat.wapgem.com
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Yoshy: 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
squash47:
Supa story...so if only FACE BOOK has all this only for savin data,how google own go kon be ? never knew OUR FB DATA were stored in fridge.
Ignorance
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by badbreathcure101: 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
danthommies:
listing the above things you should remember that Nairaland is a forum and not a social media

though i rep my own social media @ http://zedchat.wapgem.com
man i dont have battery to be typing ideas online, my area have been in blackout since one month.....so na gen i dey on like this, love ur blog tho
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
squash47:
Supa story...so if only FACE BOOK has all this only for savin data,how google own go kon be ? never knew OUR FB DATA were stored in fridge.

in the fridge? nah, under the bridge
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by McLove(m): 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
Seun:

If you don't have the skills to have created this forum, what makes you think you have the skills to turn this forum into the Facebook of Africa?
see savage... Seun got no chill o

1 Like

Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Marxian123(m): 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
IpobExposed:
Yur case is different.
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Reference(m): 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
What is facebook used for. Never heard of it.
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by decatalyst(m): 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ehiscotch:
Seun, we demand to know where Nairaland Data centre is. Is it in Sango ota?

You are madt! grin

One is also located at orile iganmu grin

1 Like

Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Weezyclan(m): 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, I have a Facebook Account with Active
5000 friends and about 5000 followers because the account is popular.

The account features:
1. 5000 friends

2. about 5000 followers

3. The account has 99% of nigerians

4. The account also has a facebook page with 2100+ fans

5. It is efficient for those who blog and post online because the account get tagged and
shared in each photo.

6. Every day friend requests comes in thereby gaining more followers

Account for sale at #3,000 only. if you need the page then i'll sell
it together for #5,000 only.

It will provide you at least 2k views per day if
you schedule your posts and you can add them to your group too

Bonus for buyer-

Free Facebook group. Don't be deceived by high number of FB
groups for sale most of those groups ain't active. Buy this FB
account today and build your group. Contact me on facebook here Now.. am genuine
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by kelvinovie25(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
am sure Nairaland dnt have a data centre
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by CosmicJames(m): 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
JikanBaura:
grin Mr Seun you can't think out of the box.. Wasnt Nairaland created one year after facebook. If to say na me own this forum,by now it would have turn into Facebook of Africa.

I want to hear how much money you make by now ? sad
Nairaland is a forum. Facebook is a social network. They are different in size, shape and scope. Expecting Nairaland to be like Facebook is not very correct. Facebook is doing their thing while Nairaland is doing their thing. And I think there is no point trying to be like someone else. Just be yourself and do your thing.

While you are saying Mr Seun can't think out of the box, have you considered the challenges and difficulties of operating a business in Nigeria?
Is Mark of Facebook generating his electricity to power those machines? I mean how will you power such large data in Nigeria?

In case you don't know, is not easy doing business in Nigeria. So when you want to compare, think about the environment and challenges under which a business is built.

As a matter of fact, I'm building a new social network ( www.kikimat.com )that combines both Facebook and Nairaland features. The site is still under development and will be launched in few days.
Base on my experience with my social project, I can tell you categorically that is not easy to generate your own electricity to power your business.

You can join my social network free. I'm not interested in overtaken Facebook or Nairaland. I'm just doing my thing. If you are interested, you can join us.

2 Likes

Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by SamzackD(m): 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
BroZuma:

Weibo - China
VK - Russia & Eastern Europe

they still don't have as much users as Facebook does, and quite frankly weibo & vk are only limited to their country of origin, they don't target other markets, if not weibo would have an English version, my opinion though.

#peace
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by ITCareerINxtGen: 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
Power your IT and other career with knowledge...

Get "IT Career: A Roadmap" from Amazon;
Paperback and eBook copies available
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Amberon11: 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
The bolded is true. Its even like they wire their servers with sugar cords or something. Since I discovered twitter I haven't gone back to Facebook; to worsen issues every tom, diick and harry can just message you on Facebook angry
lofty900:
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by corpershun: 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
ExInferis:

Nairaland runs on a single 500Gb Western Digital hard disk Seun bought second hand.

That's the reason behind all the crashes, Error 502s, plain design, and the restrictions of 4mb for pictures and 250Kb for other filetypes.

Shame he needs an army of mods to manage one measly hard disk.

EDIT:

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the Nairaland "data center".

Your Nairaland second life runs on this beige monstrosity at a blistering 166Mhz. Your relationships, indiscretions, heresy, bigotry, hubris, petty grievances....everything. It's all here.

LMAO

1 Like

Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Nobody: 4:08am On Aug 03, 2017
SamzackD:

they still don't have as much users as Facebook does, and quite frankly weibo & vk are only limited to their country of origin, they don't target other markets, if not weibo would have an English version, my opinion though.

#peace
The context being if you want a competing brand, give it a chance.

To cap it all up with an unrelated issue , the Baidu Map app is more precise than Google Map but it is in the Chinese language only.

1 Like

Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 03, 2017
badbreathcure101:
man i dont have battery to be typing ideas online, my area have been in blackout since one month.....so na gen i dey on like this, love ur blog tho
don't call that a blog, you call it a social media / social network.
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by chigoziri2403(m): 9:05am On Aug 03, 2017
IpobExposed:
yet you spread hate by calling people Igbos potorpotor yet you want nairaland to grow
Re: A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
Seun:

How do I deactivate my nairaland account? I cant see link

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Approves Fund For Training Of 500,000 Youth On Digital Skills / Why Life On Earth May Be Gone In A Billion Years (Photos) / Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.