Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? (13074 Views)

Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable / In Every Relationship, Who Should Call Most? Man Or Woman? / Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2005
@perrtyH, even if they are, they'll say they aren't. you know! it's always about the male EGO!!
@, it still applies to boyfriend/girlfriend.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2005
ocho:

@, it still applies to boyfriend/girlfriend.
You mean all these too apply to boyfriend and girlfriend? :

just loook at it this way, we make up for so much by having all the usual women troubles, you know like child birth, and the rest of them so it's only fair we get the best of both worlds.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2005
well boyfriend/girlfriend eventually leads to marraige dosen't it? besides, there're other women troubles girls have while dating, you know, emotional stuff.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by kaylala(m): 6:20pm On Dec 19, 2005
Z4M4eva:

It depends, I would love to pay the bill, and if he wants too, he can.Doesn't really matter in my opinion who pays the bill, I can pay it, I don't mind. smiley

Thats wot i am talking about cheesy cheesy

U r the chick!!!

It doesn't really matter who pays the bill(s).
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 6:43pm On Dec 19, 2005
ocho:

well boyfriend/girlfriend eventually leads to marraige dosen't it? besides, there're other women troubles girls have while dating, you know, emotional stuff.
Of all boyfriends you've had, have you married anyone of them?
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by whiteshark(m): 8:17pm On Dec 19, 2005
I laugh when I see questions like this.

Suppose the man does not have a job and no money but needs to go on a dinner date with his girlfriend, who will foot that bill ... vis a vis ?

There is no standing rule that states that so and such should pay when eva this and that goes out on dates. Have u not heard of the dutch treat?? Anyone can pay te bills my dear, it is nor mandatory or compulsory that the male or the famale do it. If these folks are really and trully in love, them to go fight on who will pay the bill anytime them stroll out I tell u.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 8:22pm On Dec 19, 2005
@, No! at least, not yet, but i'm not saying i won't.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by snazzydawn(f): 9:22pm On Dec 19, 2005
grin grin grin what colour will the aso ebi be,eh,twinny?
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by whiteshark(m): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2005
I don confuss undecided undecided
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2005
@snazzy, yellow na! abi how u see am? cheesy
@, whiteshark is now confused and it is all your fault tongue
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 8:03pm On Dec 20, 2005
Whiteshark is not confused. He's confuss.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2005
hahahahahah! what's d difference? cheesy cheesy u sef
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by irokoofor: 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2005
The guy should not have done that. If he did not have money, he should not have suggested going out to a restaurant.

Even as friends, it is not a decent thing to do.

In Africa, it is the culture for the man to take of care of things like that. This is because africa is a male dominated society. Financally speaking, on the average, men are more powerful than women in Africa so it is expected that a man should always spend.

In the westen world, it is a different matter, though it is expected the the man should spend more than the woman because it still a male dominated society too but not as pronounced as it is in africa.

The problem that people from africa (especailly african man ) face in the western world is that african man are not as financially powerfully as they should be for various obvious reasons. Also everybody is on a level plain field and i dont have any problem with that. Anybody can be financially stronger than anybody regardless of your sex.

Infact things are generally easier for black woman in the western world than black man-[ it is a fact]

it is high time we realised that the" african mentality" of the man solely taking care of things financially and the woman not spending will not work. It has led to family splitting, unneccessary stress, Single parentage, dysfuntional homes, all the name of "that is how we do it in Africa." I am not saying it is like that in every home. No!
If both the man and the woman are working then they should split the cost from time to time. Help each other.

But on a first date, haba! The man should prepare himself and spoil the woman.

Orunmila said that " Man should take care of his woman but if things are bad and the woman can do anything within her power to help then all the better" because they reap the fruits of tranquility and happiness.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by dollygurl(f): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2005
hey peeps...hw y'll doing...well bout da ques,shld neva even be asked..obviously the guy shld pay..its plain courtesy!!he asked her out and so he shld.i know gurls like me smtimes wants to pay grin but its best if da guy pays.....thats it but i dont know if the girl ask the guy out......??........ wink
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by vinna(f): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2005
banderas and , u guys should tell me honestly...wld u invite a babe on a date and then expect her to pay?

Like i said previously, at the wooing stage of a relationship a man is supposed to spoil and pamper the babe. But as things develop, it will now be up to both of them how they want it.

I have my money and i do treat myself and friends. but a guy that want me for a partner must show me he is capable of taking care of me (or at least try)the way i do myself.

Enuff of all these show of irresponsibility! If u meet a babe that thinks she doesn't have to do all the cooking and cleaning up of the house.....or even thinks she doesn't have to go through pregnancy (if u want kids better go adopt some) what wld u do?

Women work, but they are still expected to do their duties as a woman. So why are men now trying to push theirs to the women. its not fair!

The Bible says, "He that cannot provide for his household is worse than an infidel."

A MAN SHOULD KNOW HIS RESPONSIBILITIES AND DO THEM, AND LIKE WISE A WOMAN.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2005
vinna:

banderas and , u guys should tell me honestly...would u invite a babe on a date and then expect her to pay?
Now, you're talking! If I ask her out, I'm definitely going to pay. But if she asks me out, I might still decided to pay, but it's more likely she's going to pay. That's just it.

My only objection here is that a lady shouldn't always expect the guy to do the spending every time.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by vinna(f): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2005
I assume u are in Nigeria? if so, how many babes have really asked u out? I mean out on a date, like "Hi XXXX, how about joining me for dinner at XXXX?"
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2005
I believe questions like this should be asked privately.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by vinna(f): 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2005
goodguy:

I believe questions like this should be asked privately.

grin grin I believe i need to ask u on a date so u can answer me. Oh! and of course, i'm gonna settle the bills, right?

LMHO
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by tipsy289(m): 11:16pm On Dec 21, 2005
On the first date, it will be rite 4 d guy 2 pay but afta dat its anyone,d guy shld not stress himself all the time 2 please him and his woman
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by kaylala(m): 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2005
pls let whoeva pay the bills.

4 au long will u kip on dragging this?

Ok wot is the ratio of those that have chosen guys to pay to girl 2 pay or does who doesn't have any opinion at all?

cld any1 possibly give me d statistics
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by whiteshark(m): 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2005
So inside all this yarnings wey dey make man confuss, wetin una don decide to do. Nah for the chic to pay the bills cos it is about time they take up some of the responsibilities.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by rashman(m): 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2005
let the woman pay for a change.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2005
there goes an answer to prettyH's earlier asked question rolleyes
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by mamba(m): 8:56pm On Dec 27, 2005
whiteshark:

So inside all this yarnings wey dey make man confuss, wetin una don decide to do. Nah for the chic to pay the bills because it is about time they take up some of the responsibilities.
Fo' sheezy bro, we ask them out, take care of them, make love to them, make them pregnant, give them children... etc. etc.. Least they could do is pay for the fvckin restaurant date, @ least this one time naa? haba!!.. grin
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2005
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by DoubleRevv(m): 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2005
Speaking for me < whoever eats the most will Pay.>
PAYE=Pay As You Eat.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Z4M4eva(f): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2005
DoubleRevv:

PAYE=Pay As You Eat.

Haha...very funny cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Banderas(m): 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2005
People. Let's stop mis-interpreting the bible. The bible also says disobedient children should be stoned to death. I think it's not as straightforward as you guys are quoting it.

The whole "provide for your family" thing comes from a time when the world was mostly physical, so due to the difference in physical strength between men and women, men did the more menial activities, while women tended to sit pretty. Nowadays, we have a more intellectual based world. In this world, there is very little difference between men and women. Of course as I said earlier, there is a tendency for naija babes to simply wait for some guy to come and pay all their bills, either because of abject laziness or social pressure. Most times they make up for it, or claim to make up for it by doing the cooking and cleaning et all.

For someone like me, I can cook the average woman out of the kitchen, and I have a good amount of tidiness inbuilt. What appeal does it have for me to date a babe when all she has to offer is cooking and cleaning? If I need cooking and cleaning, I'll hire a cook/ cleaner. Now we begin to see the reason why so many Naija babes in the western world find it so difficult to get bfs and get married. Their wahala can sometimes be too much
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 2:24am On Dec 29, 2005
DoubleRevv:

PAYE=Pay As You Eat.
ok, now that's really funny. lol lol lol that's some principle.
@banderas: *coughs*
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by whiteshark(m): 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2005
so it is settled den... no more paying for anything when U and the chic hit silver bird to watch movies or ocean view for dinner
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 6:33pm On Dec 29, 2005
i asked my cousin this question and he was said he'd rather he and the girl go to a forsest or something.........you know like those ones in Nigerian movies where romance scenes are acted and the couple sing love songs to each other all day, that, he said, would cost him less than going to a restaurant. guys sef. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Play Mind Games With Girls / The 5 Types Of Vagina, According To A Bikini Waxer... / How Many Men Suck Their Wife Totoo After Wedding (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.