Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. (33283 Views)

Amaju Pinnick Visits Karl Ikeme At Christie Clinic In Manchester (Photos) / Football Fans Show Support To Carl Ikeme In England. PICS / Rohr Replaces Injured Carl Ikeme With Daniel Akpeyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
TER STEGEN SENDS HEARTFELT MESSAGE TO WOLVES GOALKEEPER IKEME
By Joe Wright

The Barcelona goalkeeper has wished "all the strength in the world" to his counterpart as he begins his cancer battle

Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has sent a heartfelt message of support to Carl Ikeme of Wolves, who has been diagnosed with cancer.
Arsenal fear Alexis will push for Man City move
The Championship club confirmed on Thursday that the Nigeria international has leukaemia and will begin an immediate course of chemotherapy.

A number of social media posts wishing Ikeme well have been sent from across the footballing world, with Manchester United's David de Gea and former Real Madrid captain Iker Casillas among the latest to send their support.

Ter Stegen took to his official Facebook page on Friday to encourage people not to take their health for granted and wish Ikeme "all the strength in the world" in his recovery.

He wrote:

"Today I read the story about Carl Ikeme, a goalkeeper for Nigeria and Wolverhampton, who's been diagnosed with acute leukemia [sic]. A person I've never met but his story affects me and touches my heart.

"I can't underline how important health is. In sport, it means a lot for every athlete; and it's not just crucial so that we perform well but our health does affect us mentally also. I try to be in the best possible shape, remembering to follow my diet and regularly check up on my health status. I think about this all time. I would never want to see a player get injured, especially when it's serious. I know the feeling and it's the worst.
"But more alarming than an injury, is having to stop what you love because of your health. It's complicated to understand and a painful reality to relax. And when the cause is cancer. I am speechless. I don't know what to say.

"I wish Carl and his family all the strength in the world. I'm sure his team-mates and club will be there too, and all their fans. It's important to be united! And me too, I offer all my possible support. I'm hoping he can fight like goalkeepers always do, with a calm and positive mind.

"I believe in you, Carl. Be strong. Be brave."

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4055/main/2017/07/07/36905902/ter-stegen-sends-heartfelt-message-to-wolves-goalkeeper

#IBelieveInYouCarlIkeme #BeStrong #BeBrave #WeWillBeatThis

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by dfrost: 7:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
embarassed So touching. Get well Carl.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by veekid(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
This Carl fine sha; wish him speedy recovery

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by NCANTaskForce: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
Who's the man of the moment,

Hit like for Evans

Share for Buhari.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by saaedlee: 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
Get well ikeme

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
TER STEGEN SENDS HEARTFELT MESSAGE TO WOLVES GOALKEEPER IKEME
By Joe Wright

Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has sent a heartfelt message of support to Carl Ikeme of Wolves, who has been diagnosed with cancer.
Arsenal fear Alexis will push for Man City move
The Championship club confirmed on Thursday that the Nigeria international has leukaemia and will begin an immediate course of chemotherapy.

A number of social media posts wishing Ikeme well have been sent from across the footballing world, with Manchester United's David de Gea and former Real Madrid captain Iker Casillas among the latest to send their support.

Ter Stegen took to his official Facebook page on Friday to encourage people not to take their health for granted and wish Ikeme "all the strength in the world" in his recovery.

He wrote:

"Today I read the story about Carl Ikeme, a goalkeeper for Nigeria and Wolverhampton, who's been diagnosed with acute leukemia [sic]. A person I've never met but his story affects me and touches my heart.

"I can't underline how important health is. In sport, it means a lot for every athlete; and it's not just crucial so that we perform well but our health does affect us mentally also. I try to be in the best possible shape, remembering to follow my diet and regularly check up on my health status. I think about this all time. I would never want to see a player get injured, especially when it's serious. I know the feeling and it's the worst.
"But more alarming than an injury, is having to stop what you love because of your health. It's complicated to understand and a painful reality to relax. And when the cause is cancer. I am speechless. I don't know what to say.

"I wish Carl and his family all the strength in the world. I'm sure his team-mates and club will be there too, and all their fans. It's important to be united! And me too, I offer all my possible support. I'm hoping he can fight like goalkeepers always do, with a calm and positive mind.

"I believe in you, Carl. Be strong. Be brave."

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4055/main/2017/07/07/36905902/ter-stegen-sends-heartfelt-message-to-wolves-goalkeeper

#IBelieveInYouCarlIkeme #BeStrong #BeBrave #WeWillBeatThis

Cc: Dominique

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by firo08(m): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
Wish him quick recovery IJN

6 Likes

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by paradigmshift(m): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
get well bro.
God is with you

2 Likes

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
I pray your treatment totally leads to a complete healing of Carl's body

16 Likes

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by pterson(m): 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
ter Stergen baba, so sweet of you.

2 Likes

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by EmyLeo(m): 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
stay strong bro..you are healed ikeme ,Amen!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by Masterclass32: 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
Get well, brother.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by Gmekx(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
And people taught being a footballer meant you've blown and no more troubles.

Wishing him quick recovery

1 Like

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by esophieso(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
Something enyeama is yet to do

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by lonecatt(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
Our society needs this type of brotherly love, get well carl

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by slawomir: 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ok
Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by Tolulopefinest(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by kachi08(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
Very emotional message. We will continue to pray for Carl ikeme. God is your only strength. Get well soon bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by Elnino4ladies: 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
So touching
Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by kkoreday(m): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
NCANTaskForce:
Who's the man of the moment,

Hit like for Evans

Share for Buhari.
ur mumu no get rival

16 Likes

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by Ifyone123(f): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
has he played for nigeria before?
Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by admax(m): 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if no one from NFF has contacted him more or less offer financial assistance to him. Use and dump isn't good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
Wishing you quick recovery Carl Ikeme.

1 Like

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by Ideology01(m): 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
That's d spirit Ter Stegen....Barca is more than a football club....Get well Ikeme

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by bastien: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2017
You gonna win it boss, Jonas did it, your case won't be different

1 Like

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by Nnamdi98(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
Kk
Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by kenoz(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
Get well Ikeme
Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by Ranoscky(m): 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
kkoreday:
ur mumu no get rival
I dey tell u. Lol

1 Like

Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by taiwohassan007: 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
Get well soon Carl, speedy recovery... Na too much tattoos wey dey im body go cause am..
Re: Ter Stegen Shows Support For Ikeme With Heartfelt Message. by CaptainGOOD: 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
God is with u.. u ar healed already

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo React To Five Matches Ban Given To Him, Say It Is "Ridiculous" / Osimhen Equals Weah, Eto’o, Salah’s Serie A Goals Record / Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.