Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada (440252 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
marianneada:
LOL, na me again o, by God's grace my update will be dropping everyday.
Ride on the Lord is ur strength.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
Toyin223:
HMM I Cant Wait For D Update
Are u as eager as i am?
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Dopeyomi(m): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2017
angry
You started a story you invited others but u didn't invite/put my moniker..

No problem sha.. am here already..
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by FortunateB(f): 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks for the mention, keep the ball rolling, more wisdom from God
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 6:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
Dopeyomi:
angry

You started a story you invited others but u didn't invite/put my moniker..

No problem sha.. am here already..
i'm sorry dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Dopeyomi(m): 6:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
marianneada:
i'm sorry dear
I vex for you gan ooO.. but as u don beg me ah no vex again grin
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by MhizDherbee(f): 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
gtin:

Boo boo don't worry nobody can be as cute as me, meanwhile I brought u juice and popcorn for ur pleasure
Thanks boo
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by MhizDherbee(f): 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
marianneada:
pls dont be angry sweetie, i'll definitely do that.
You better do o. After that i'll state d other punishments
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by MhizDherbee(f): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
queenitee:
We are very sorry ma
Accepted
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 8:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
I'm dedicating this page to MhizDherbee, my other readers who i failed to include in my invitation, and to all my fans, thanks for your words of encouragement. I'm really grateful. Luv u all.

CHAPTER3

Debbie woke up feeling happy, Saturdays was her best day of the week, she goes out with her friends and spend some time with her boyfriend, but this Saturday was special, she woke up earlier than usual, she brushed her teeth, wore a bum short with a pink tank top, she wore her pink sneakers to match, she blocked her ears with her ear piece and was ready for jogging, she admired herself in the mirror before setting out.

She met Thelma downstairs cleaning the sitting room,

"Where're you off to dressed like this on a Saturday morning, "She asked Debbie surprised at her look

" jogging, i'm almost late , "

" Wait, when did you start jogging? "she mocked her

" Today, or is there anything wrong with jogging? "she bluntly replied

" I'm surprised because you've never jogged in your life, "

" I'm starting today, hope i'm looking good? "

" Are you going for a fashion show? "

" forget it, i'll do my own cleaning when i return, see ya"she said rushing out of the house

******* George's gate opened and he came out jogging, On sighting him, Debbie quickly increased her pace to catch up with him, he looked at her and smiled.

"Good morning neighbour" she greeted him cheerfully

He recognized her as his next compound neighbour
He waved at her and beckoned on her to join him, they continued their jogging, he had his ear piece on, so he didnt talk to her as they jogged, they jogged for twenty minutes before she stopped, she was exhausted, she felt like fainting, she bent and held her stomach, she was breathing heavily.

When he saw what was happening to her, he stopped to help, he took her to a shop closeby and bought malt for her.

"I'm sorry for disrupting your morning exercise, "she apologized when she regained enough energy

" It's nothing, hope you're feeling better now, i think we should suspend today's jogging, let me get a bike to drop you while i jog back home "

" Don't worry, we can walk home together since we stay in the same close"she said thanking God for a prayer answered

After resting for some minutes, they headed home,

" I'm George, what's your name? "

" I'm Deborah, but everyone call me Debbie "

" so tell me about yourself "George told her

She told him everything about her and her family and George did the same, they became friends immediately, Debbie was a friendly person, she's easily loved by people though she's stubborn sometimes, George was enjoying her company. They chatted like old friends. She was surprised at how he was freely chatting with her. She made use of the opportunity she had. She wished they would never get home as she was enjoying his company.

" You're a pretty girl with a good heart "

" You're flattering me, you're a handsome guy with a good heart too, your girlfriend must be a fighter, because she'll have many girls to battle with"she said jokingly

They both laughed at her sense of humour

On reaching their gate, they exchanged numbers and George promised to call to check on her. She entered the house smiling sheepishly,she met Thelma and her mum in the kitchen preparing breakfast, she greeted her mum, removed her sneakers and sat down on the small wooden stool in the kitchen, her stomach was already grumbling, but she was so happy to think of eating, Thelma noticed her excitement but didnt bother asking her about it.

After breakfast, she did her morning chores before going to her room for a bathe and change of clothes, she couldn't wait to tell her sister about her new found friendship,unlike Debbie, she forgot hanging out with her friends, she didn't bother calling her so called boyfriend to tell him of her cancelled date with him, she laid down on her bed, glued to her phone, waiting for George' s call.

******* George was happy he was done with his assignment, he arranged his books in his bag and decided to take a nap, a knock on his door woke him up, Mirabel walked in and sat on his bed.

"Why does mummy want to send me away from home?, she asked George who was stunned at her question

"sweetheart I've already explained that to you, dont worry you'll enjoy it at the boarding school, "he assured her

He tried convincing her to accept their parent's offer, but she still stood her ground, he decided to give her space and talk to her another day, since she was already getting irritated with his reasons for moving her to the boarding school.

" George, i think mum and dad are hiding something from us? "she said with a concerned look changing the topic

He came closer to her

" Why do you think so? "

" I overhead them arguing over something but i couldn't fathom what they were talking about"

"you were eavesdropping on them again? "

She nodded slowly

" I've told you to stop that act, eavesdropping is bad"he advised her

"I was only passing by when i heard their voices, that wasn't the first time that had happened, they argue anytime you're not home, and this morning, they argued knowing you went for your morning jog. "she explained further

" Ok, i'll talk to dad about it, now cheer up, at least i'm not leaving for the University yet, let's play video game, "

She was overjoyed as she enjoys playing video game with her brother, they played game throughout the afternoon but George was not concentrating, he was really disturbed, he thought of the cause of his parents arguing anytime he wasn't around,
He decided to speak to his dad about it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
Debbie, Debbie, the cheerful giver, if I was a boy, you would have been my favourite character.

Page 5 and Nobody bother to look for me? God dey.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Debbie, Debbie, the cheerful giver, if I was a boy, you would have been my favourite character.

i knew u were busy typing, i didnt want to disturb u wink
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Kimkardashain(f): 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
KimberlyWest:

mtchew,debbie wat. thelma george is 4 u
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Toyin223(f): 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
Kimkardashain:
I Am Thinking Of Dxame Thing
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by samyfreshsmooth(m): 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hadampson:
Another one from great writer, marianneada.. thanks for the mention.. samyfreshsmooth, you in?

i'm in o bro

thanks for the mention...............i'm back to dem lit section full time now wink wink

hope you dont mind guiding and showing me around esp to the stories making waves smiley
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by lavenjcrown(m): 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nice write up,more wisdom to u.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by MhizDherbee(f): 11:34pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks Marianneada... blessings fall on u... Oya carry go!!!
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by bellohassan7: 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
don't worry even d uninvited guest dey dea
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by kelvinhilton(m): 11:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
I think George is adopted..
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Akinwale14(m): 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nice
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 12, 2017
Kimkardashain:

Debbie will have to keep him for a while before handing him over to Thelma cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Nobody: 4:25am On Jul 12, 2017
marianneada:
i knew u were busy typing, i didnt want to disturb u wink

cheesy cheesy This excuse no be here o cheesy

But sha, I'm back from self-exile and I will comment on every chapter you post.

Thumbs up, I'm already becoming speechless untop Debbie matter.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 4:59am On Jul 12, 2017
kelvinhilton:
I think George is adopted..
adopted?, i'm speechless
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 5:00am On Jul 12, 2017
KimberlyWest:

cheesy cheesy This excuse no be here o cheesy

But sha, I'm back from self-exile and I will comment on every chapter you post.

Thumbs up, I'm already becoming speechless untop Debbie matter.
abi o, dont mind Debbie.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marychommy(f): 5:28am On Jul 12, 2017
I don't see George ending up with Debbie instead her sister. what is d problem DAT wants to tear George family apart pls oooo don't let DAT happens. Ride on waiting for next update
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by queenitee(f): 5:45am On Jul 12, 2017
KimberlyWest:

We did now, I did jhor.
Mine is Thelma jare
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Lolsd: 9:32am On Jul 12, 2017
I think george father is cheating on his mom.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Dessydemmy: 9:45am On Jul 12, 2017
The rich also cry. Weldone girl and keep it rolling.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by kelvinhilton(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2017
marianneada:
adopted?, i'm speechless
I think am in for a surprise...
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by queenitee(f): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lolsd:
I think george father is cheating on his mom.
That's not it. Since their agreement is always when George isn't around, it has to be about him. He might be adopted or has some kind of disease he doesn't know about. Something about him sha and i guess they were always arguing about telling hiim or not
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by bimberry1307(f): 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
wizsolzy:

Oh baby ..hv been on low key na. World people say I too dey talk too much..them plaster me with ban
oh! I thought as much. don't mind them jare, na jealousy dey do them.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by kikiwendy(f): 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
wow aunt Ada I followed all your stories oo but you didn't mention me in this one.. but this story is interesting and I'm following bumper to bumper.. oshey more wisdom fall on you
my favorite character is debbie..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.