Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,955 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:22 AM

Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? (7952 Views)

Do Not Marry Nigerian Girls. They Are Evil!!! / My Advice To The Single And Desperate To Marry Nigerian Women Is / Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by angryninja: 4:30pm On Feb 01, 2010
I just got married less than a year ago and I have been living in hell since the day. My wife is what you would call "mixed-race" and is not from Nigeria.

I have been harrassed for almost a year as a CONSEQUENCE of not marrying a Yoruba girl. Is it a crime to marry outside your tribe?? Why so much Wahala and secret back-stabbing

cry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2010
So because of this issue. . .you came to the conclusion that EVERY NIGERIAN WOMAN hates mixed race/asia women?

Seriously where do you peeps get such conclusions from?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2010
Nuggar please, nobody is thinking about your arse. Now run home and concentrate on your wife.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by angryninja: 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Ebonyeyes

That is the type of attitude I'm talking about. You don't know me but you're obviously bitter which is why you made the statement you made.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2010
Please, like I said nobody is thinking about your arse. Im all for IR couples what I dont like is ignorant nuggars who exalt one over the other.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by Freiburger(m): 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2010
I don't think Naija women are that far jealous but some of then do raise eyebrown i 've seen that myself but few proportion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by angryninja: 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Ebonyeyes

How exactly have I exalted one over the other? Isn't it all in your mind??

I haven't said anything like "why must 90% of Nigerian women wear fake asian-looking hair?"

It seems to me it is Nigerian women who subconciously exalt other women over themselves, especially when they jump the gun like you're doing.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by daylae(m): 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2010
I bet nigerian women are far beta than all those asian,caucasian and earoasian women;is just dat we don't value what we have,so we try to experiment.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by Freiburger(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2010
daylae:

I bet nigerian women are far beta than all those asian,caucasian and earoasian women;is just dat we don't value what we have,so we try to experiment.

you 're getting out of point. hope u know this thread is not meant to advertise Naija women.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by angryninja: 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
I actually agree with daylae that Nigerian/African women are generally more beautiful. However, I would not say that they're more beautiful on the inside (generally). That has unfortunately not been my experience.

In any case, I (like any other decent man) married the woman he loves because of her character, not because of beauty. Beautiful women are abundant and very easy to get - there's no need to marry a women just because of her beauty.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 01, 2010
Ok so now go and live happily ever after. No one is interested.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by Freiburger(m): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Ok so now go and live happily ever after. No one is interested.

Is the supposed to be one of the jealousy we're talking about?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 01, 2010
Freiburger:

Is the supposed to be one of the jealousy we're talking about?
Apparently grin grin I dont care if you date a chimp or baboon, if you are happy, im happy stop making up imaginary problems to make yourself feel important grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by daylae(m): 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2010
Well, let's face it. Irrespective of the color and race,all women are the same. No special ones!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by Freiburger(m): 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2010
daylae:

Well, let's face it. Irrespective of the color and race,all women are the same. No special ones!

Gbam!!! but some feels so special coz of their ignorance.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by daylae(m): 5:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
@frieburger Abeg take it easy on ebonyeyes o! Why the bad belle now? Abi you want her to cal for reinforcement?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by sara2007: 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2010
@poster, if you observe carefully, you will notice that its your family, usually the extended one, that will pick issues wit your choice. The average nigerian woman only wishes you well. We are not like the average african american (women and men both mind you) who have a chip on their shoulder about race relations.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2010
daylae:

@frieburger Abeg take it easy on ebonyeyes o! Why the bad belle now? Abi you want her to cal for reinforcement?
Awwwww sweetiee, I dusted it off last year couldnt care less what some random faceless person thinks wink
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by daylae(m): 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2010
@poster pls just stay focus and be oblivious of those gossips,cus even if u mary from ur tribe,they will still talk ill of her. Luv and cherish ur wife. Ebonyeyes and other lady poster are current enough to know that interracial marriages its one of the things en vogue in our world today.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by Nwaka77: 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Poster
Who exactly is harrasing you? Have they nothing better to do with their lives? And why are you generalizing? can't you use terms such as "some", "most", "alot"? I am Naija too but I can care less if you marry a rat. I am also married to a non Naija gentleman so kini big deal? Change your circle of friends and hang around more open minded people I guess and stop whinning on a public forum. People will be people sometimes!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by vislabraye(m): 7:06pm On Feb 01, 2010
@poster,
I can understand what you're trying to say, but this issue is not limited to Naija babes alone. Even black American babes are not pleased when they see

their black men marry a foreign race. I think their rxn is embedded in their sub-conscious. They would feel that way even if that particular guy has never had an affair wth them ( the black chicks). They could even look down on the guy, and if he does something "sweet" for his wife, you'll hear them say " na because im marry oyibo".

I remember the comment of one female NL poster, she said " I hate it when rich black men marry white women. But if they are poor, they will marry black

black women.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by mamagee3(f): 1:25am On Feb 02, 2010
Cause they feel insulted and brought down when Nigerian men marry women from a different country. tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by H2O2: 1:35am On Feb 02, 2010
Bros, why do you care so much about what these little bugs think of your marriage to your beloved wife?

Are you happy in your marriage?
Do you need their approval to feel happy?

Perhaps the antagonism and shallow hostility makes you feel uncomfortable and insecure?
Just try to ignore them and continue swimming in your marriage-boat. As long as your union doesn't pose a danger to your life or your wife's life, don't bother about their hissing and grumbling.

Now if they take it overboard and start threatening to kill you and your family. Get a gun and blow their brains off = problem solved.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by Freiburger(m): 10:43am On Feb 02, 2010
mama-gee:

Cause they feel insulted and brought down when Nigerian men marry women from a different country. tongue

Are you say they feel insulted or YOU feel insulted and brought down when ,
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by GL(f): 11:09am On Feb 02, 2010
i don't hate women of other races who marry nigerian men, men are free to marry from any race they choose to. i think majority of nigerian women feel the same too. it's only women who had their eyes on you that would care. like others have advised, don't bother yourself about what people think.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by abatakan1: 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2010
You do not choose who you fall in love with, when it comes to resentment about dating other races, it`s all about the circles you move with, guilty as charged l live with a white person with a mixed race son, most of my friends tends to be in the same boat, we live in the same boat that the circle we populate will not be among Nigerians, the Nigerians women we come across outside our comfort zone reckon we are too westernised, the one that comes close to our thinking do not venture to where we go.We get to meet at Xmas party/office do etc.So don`t blame the women/men for falling in love.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by londoner: 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2010
@OP, you are getting it wrong. If you had married a Black girl from Nigeria, but even from another tribe they will still have a problem that she is not Yoruba. Thats the truth, if the issue is that the woman is not Yoruba as you stated, then they would have accepted her if her father was Yoruba and her mother White, ie mixed race.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by GEW: 1:38pm On Feb 02, 2010
angryninja:

I just got married less than a year ago and I have been living in hell since the day. My wife is what you would call "mixed-race" and is not from Nigeria.

I have been harrassed for almost a year as a CONSEQUENCE of not marrying a Yoruba girl. Is it a crime to marry outside your tribe?? Why so much Wahala and secret back-stabbing

cry
most nigerians are tribalists so expect some to make progress by becoming racist.  i have heard the most abominable form of discrimanations from nigerians than from any one else so dont worry just enjoy your wife/ marriage and ignore them or did you borrow the wedding money from them?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by ayettymama(f): 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2010
Its actually worse with black women that date White men. I was havin similar problems. Just ignore those that bother you and get On with life!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by tpiah: 4:20am On Oct 21, 2010
mo rogo.

why do some nigerian men have such gigantic chips on their shoulders?

if it's not "come and worship me", then it's "how dare you not worship my booty call/girlfriend/whatever"

na ganja and undiluted alcohol dey worry una?

too many s.tupid threads on nl!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by MsPotato(f): 4:27am On Oct 21, 2010
Poster,

It could be that way or the other way round as well. . . I believe its more to do with your family / extended family whom wanted you to marry your own tribe. Not so mucyh about her being a white/brown/yellow person really. . . If your wife has yellow skin but she is a Yoruba lady, Im sure your family/extended family will approve of such. I know the older Nigerians really cherish the same tribe but today, its beggining to change. . .

How about your wife's family? Can they accept you being apart of their family?

If you marry a Chinese lady, Im sure you will find her facing the same problem like you are faqcing now.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? by queeneve: 7:56am On Oct 21, 2010
I agree Ms Potato,

From my experience the chinese I know aren't too kin of their girls or boys marrying or dating black people of any kind REGARDLESS if they are AFrican or Black American,

They want their children staying within their race and most of the time they disowns the children if they defiled the parents.

So it goes both ways,

I bet them Nigerian girls aint paying him NO ATTENTION, he just paranoid that all,

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will You Do If A Lady Save Your Name Like (photo) / When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date / Look At This Ugly Thing I Uploaded [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.