Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,924 members, 7,803,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. (16302 Views)

Order Of Presentation: Can We Meet You? / UK Jobs Faces One Almighty Threats This Season / We would love to meet you (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by Walehelt(m): 9:24am On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ensure you come in with an aura that eliminates the need for that question.

But if it does come, I go this way,

I'm NwaAmaikpe NwaAroOkeigbo,
A thriving man with a penchant for precision and excellence.
I'm #&years old, presently married and pursuing a Doctorate degree in Metaphysics.

I've got diverse professional work experience ranging from Literary work criticism, to Social Media commenting, to Architectural practice, to Strategic Management in various financial institutions and a brief stinct in lecturing.

Just make sure you leave them with a 'wow' in their mouth

Like seriously, is dat your name? undecided
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by factwriter(m): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I'm #&years old, presently married and pursuing a Doctorate degree in Metaphysics.

I've got diverse professional work experience ranging from Literary work criticism, to Social Media commenting, to Architectural practice, to Strategic Management in various financial institutions and a brief stinct in lecturing.

If i may add to your (growing) list of accolades:

"...an expert publicist on kidnapping and ransoming. Sample case file: EVANS vs IGP."

Abi i talk lie

Shege dan banza, Dan buro'uba. Mai baking kurchia.

See your life, all they (interviewer) asked was to get a resonance of the identity and expertise you claimed on paper, an elevator speech "window" like someone above said, but you chose to launch into how your great grand father engage late Awolowo in a drive-rage on a single lane western region highway under patrolled by Knickerbocker wearing policemen.

You think say na symposium you dey
Abeg park jo.

NwaAmaipke the great! No worry, you get mouth. Your head dey there! Ride on, Nairalanders got ya covered.
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by factwriter(m): 9:40am On Jul 09, 2017
rasojie:

this dude is the only reason I open nairaland these days

That dude (NwaAmaipke) is the most controversial thing that has ever happened among intelligentsias since God created SEUN and imposed him on Nigeria's social forum airspace.

Abi i talk lie
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by eunisam: 10:42am On Jul 09, 2017
hemartins:
When an interviewer asks the question ‘Can we meet you’, you should take it up as a real opportunity to wow them with your answer. Wow-ing does not mean you being to speak in too candid or animated a fashion, but rather just speaking very lucidly and speaking in good English. After glancing through your CV they probably want to meet you in person to see if you fit the bill, so you should try your best to impress them

did you answer the question?
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by freetongue(m): 11:04am On Jul 09, 2017
As an HR person, I will tell you that this question is the same thing as can you tell us about yourself...

You must answer it simply by using E.E.S which means Education, Experience, Skills. Using this allow your thought to be structure and expressing yourself will flow.

Don't say anything personal- family, hobby, best dish etc

Everything you say must relate to the job you are being consider for.

2 Likes

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by executioner27: 11:25am On Jul 09, 2017
What is the meaning of 'can we meet you'? Nigerians can be funny. The person asking this question is probably a boss and would be livid if your response is sarcastic. And the ignorant boss does not want to take corrections. What is wrong with asking 'can you tell me about yourself'? Or simply 'tell us/me about yourself'?
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by Eberex(m): 11:48am On Jul 09, 2017
You mean from an interviewer or from those hungry policemen on mufti on the road side?
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by tunde82seidat(f): 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2017
fatymore:
behind this Monika comes a great personality.. He is just trying to be troll

I believe so.Always looking forward to his comments n sometimes when ppl think he does not make sense,I still try to pick d sense outa him
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by EdoBoy90(m): 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nice Question
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by hemartins(m): 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
eunisam:

did you answer the question?

Did you ask me any questions?
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by richard870(m): 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
gracile:
Urgent!!!
Please experienced naira landers, what is the best way to answer this question? How much or how little information about yourself should be divulged? Under how many seconds/minutes?
Thank you
simply start by telling them your name, education background, strongholds /experience.

PS: Make sure ur vocal is soft and calm
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by piagetskinner(m): 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

u spoke well today..but y do u always talk crap most of the time
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by gracile(f): 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
richard870:
simply start by telling them your name, education background, strongholds /experience.

PS: Make sure ur vocal is soft and calm

Thanks Richard, this is so helpful. Please I also want to know, will it be smart to tell them I'm currently working or not? Cos I feel it might repress my chances of being considered. What do you think?
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by richard870(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
gracile:

Thanks Richard, this is so helpful. Please I also want to know, will it be smart to tell them I'm currently working or not? Cos I feel it might repress my chances of being considered. What do you think?
I will advice you don't bring it up. Talk about it when asked plus give good remarks about your employer

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup / NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This / 5 Handworks You Can Learn In 2019 That Pays Better Than Bank Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.